PDA

View Full Version : Art sample of my up coming tmnt comic.

Sliced
02-19-2007, 01:26 AM
So, I have a comic in progress, and this is pretty much how the finished art is gonna look like. Its nothing big for now as I'm only testing what kind of art style I'm gonna use for my comic, but this will give ya a good idea of what the whole thing might look like. I want this to be as realistic as possible, so its alot of work. But I'll try to update this on a regular basis to show you more of the characters and background you might be able to see in my comic...

This is an unfinished raph I did yesterday. Its really just to give ya an idea of where I'm going with this. I'm open to suggestions and I encourage you guys to comment on what you're going to see in this thread. As its gonna help me alot to know if something is wrong with a head design or anything. Just be honest and It'll be grandly appreciated.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1010/raphheaduz0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sewer Bull
02-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Nothing can be seen.

Sliced
02-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Jeez, gimme time to upload the pic there buddy. Its the second time I post something and you reply to it in less than a minute.. Now its there...

Sewer Bull
02-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Its the second time I post something and you reply to it in less than a minute..

I'm Sewer "Faster Than Life" Bull, kiddo. :D

Well... the pic looks fine to me. More like a cover actually than a comic excerpt, tho'. I wish to see something more than just a head - because the head is fine.

But yeah - it's good that you're planning some comic to draw. With your talent and skills, this ought to be something worth reading. Is it going to be fully-coloured or just B/W?

Buslady
02-19-2007, 07:27 AM
AWWWW why is my boy cryin? *Snuggles*

gorgeous...got more? :D

Sliced
02-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm Sewer "Faster Than Life" Bull, kiddo. :D

Well... the pic looks fine to me. More like a cover actually than a comic excerpt, tho'. I wish to see something more than just a head - because the head is fine.

But yeah - it's good that you're planning some comic to draw. With your talent and skills, this ought to be something worth reading. Is it going to be fully-coloured or just B/W?

Well the whole comic is gonna look like that pic you see right there. Its not a cover, its just a scene of my comic. Like I said, I want this to look as realistic as possible. So its gonna be a whole pain in the a$$ to make, but its gonna be worth it.

And like I said, I'm gonna post more art than simply this head. You'll be able to see alot.

And thanks for the nice words there Bully boy, you just made my day! As for the coloring, I want to do it in color, but if really its too much job to do, I might switch to black and white... I'm gonna know what I do with this once I made a few pages.

Buslady, don't worry, raph is simply about to kick some serious a$$. Nothing to worry about, for now.

Spawn Guy
02-19-2007, 10:39 AM
You probably already offered, but when Ultimate NT gets off the ground, would you be interested helping out with some artwork?

Sliced
02-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't know if I will have time to help. This comic is gonna take alot of my time, plus my job and all. For now the answer is no, but you'll have to ask me again when the project is ready, to see if I have more free time.

Masked Ninja
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
That's pretty cool indeed... makes me curious to see the comic itself once you get that off the ground. :)

Aignatius
02-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice artowrk. A poignant scene that tugged at my heart. :tlove:

So, in other words, Sliced, Raph will feel better when he makes someone else cry? :evilgrin:

Sliced
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Mr. Casey Jones.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3648/caseyrb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm gonna say it again, this is not a cover, this is how the comic will look like, well pretty much...

Now I'm gonna let you guys pick the next character : Karai, Splinter, April or... Shredder. I don't want to create a poll for this, so I'm gonna give you guys 2 days. Just place those characters in the order you would like them to appear and I'll do the first overall pick. This tremendous offer will end friday 12:30 am! :lol:

Jester
02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
If that's the art style for a whole comic...man won't that take you forever to "draw"?

oh...and Shredder...no Splinter...either or. I ain't picky.

VaughnMichael
02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
interesting to say the least and casey looks a bit to much like a stoner for my tatse lol

Raven
02-21-2007, 01:34 AM
I like the photoshop elements, there really outstanding but the only thing that keeps me from saying there perfect is the drawing it self.

Raph looks good but its kind of hard to tell from just a head shot from that POV, but on the other hand Casey looks really abstract. If your going for that then you nailed it, but if not I would try to mess around with it more, it really looks like its just off by a bit. Just for example, Casey has some really small lips that dont match up with the rest of his head, the eyes stand out the most, there just a bit to far to the right.

um I dont know if that really came out real clear, I'll try again, for casey your using a semi side shot but a few things look like there pointing at us more, if you could adjust that it would look alot better.

Did that make any sence?

Sewer Bull
02-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Damn. You managed to post a pic when I wasn't around so I couldn't make any retarded comment this time. :cry:

Raven is right about Casey's face. His lips and eyes look very "en face" whereas the rest of his face is definitely not.

And I vote for SHREDDER.

Sliced
02-21-2007, 05:49 AM
If that's the art style for a whole comic...man won't that take you forever to "draw"?

Yeah its gonna be a long process, but there won't always be that amount of details. These pics are quite large, its just for the introduction of the characters and the other elements of the comic. I'm pretty much sure that considering the time it took me for casey and raph, I could do a chapter/month (about 15-20 pages).

interesting to say the least and casey looks a bit to much like a stoner for my tatse lol

Exactly what I was aiming for. Casey had some.... rough months. Might not be what you're expecting though.

Raph looks good but its kind of hard to tell from just a head shot from that POV

Yeah that pic is a teaser. I'm gonna make a full turtle in a near future.

And as for those lips and eyes, they do are really ''en face'' like SB said. I'm gonna correct that tonight. Its so obvious, makes me wonder how I could miss it :sleep:

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the help. And don't worry, this might sound like a crazy project, but I'm serious about it.

hazlov2004
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
im looking forword to it

Buslady
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Buslady, don't worry, raph is simply about to kick some serious a$$. Nothing to worry about, for now.

:D:D:D:D:evilgrin::D:D:D:D
That's my boy! haaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raven
02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
And as for those lips and eyes, they do are really ''en face'' like SB said. I'm gonna correct that tonight. Its so obvious, makes me wonder how I could miss it :sleep:

Well thanks guys, I appreciate the help. And don't worry, this might sound like a crazy project, but I'm serious about it.

Dont you hate that, thats happened to me a thousands of times.

Like Spawn Guy has already said it would be cool if you would even do some covers for Ultimate Ninja Turtles or even did some photo shop to my art if thats easier for you, because damn what you've shown here is amazing.

Oh and I also say Shredder!

Mr. Stay Puft
02-22-2007, 09:39 AM
All I have to say is this: Shredder.

Sliced
02-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Dont you hate that, thats happened to me a thousands of times.

Like Spawn Guy has already said it would be cool if you would even do some covers for Ultimate Ninja Turtles or even did some photo shop to my art if thats easier for you, because damn what you've shown here is amazing.

I would love to, but my boss informed me today that the month of march will be a very busy one. So, I'm not sure if I'll have alot of free time. You could still send me some of your drawings you would like me to do, and I'll try to do them in my free times. And thanks for those kind words Raven.

So, look like Shredder will have his little photoshop moments. I went for a different style for him, you'll still be able to say that its shredder, but he won't be like what was already done before ;)

So, here's the modified Casey, must say that he his looking like a real Casey now, preserved the ''stoned'' aspect, but he's way better looking now. Still some minor things here and there, but I'm done with him. Now its shredder time!

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8931/casey2vj3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And I found that old sketch I did a while back. What you can see there is a scene of my comic. I of course won't say who's that turtle... but he's in deep...deep trouble. Shredder's arm doesn't look like that on the final version. You can also see the first shredder helmet I did. Not the final helmet, but I did preserved some little details of it. So yeah, now to The Shredder ! Muahahahah.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/981/sketch1ir0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sewer Bull
02-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Your started uploading the pics at hours when I usually sleep, you cunning creature you.

His eyes are fine now. There's something strange with his cheeks (especially with the cheek bones), but I'm not sure. Maybe it's just the shading.

Sliced
02-23-2007, 01:04 AM
As cunning as they get !

Yeah, as for the cheeks I'm gonna tell ya what's wrong with them, I corrected the eyes, but forgot the cheeks. Those cheeks were meant to fit the previous eyes. The right cheek (from your point of view) is now too large. I would just need to correct that little detail. But I won't... All my attention is now on the mighty shredder !

Raph'N'Roll
02-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Good work man, I like your style.
To do a whole comic in complete colour is gonna take some time, I remember starting my own Turtle comic about four years ago, but due to being fairly busy I put it on the back burner and never finished it.
Like yourself, I'd love to do a complete comic story, in black and white though like the original comics, it's just finding the time.

Sliced
02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Good work man, I like your style.
To do a whole comic in complete colour is gonna take some time, I remember starting my own Turtle comic about four years ago, but due to being fairly busy I put it on the back burner and never finished it.
Like yourself, I'd love to do a complete comic story, in black and white though like the original comics, it's just finding the time.

Thanks alot. And yeah I want to this in color, but if it does take too long to do, I might just B/W it. I'll see.

Just a little update on what's coming :

- Shredder is about 40% done. I'll surely post it this week, so keep your eyes open guys.

- There's still alot of work to do on the comic. The story for the first 3chapters is pretty much complete.

- I did the sketch of the first page of the comic. Still need to ink it and photoshop it. That alone will give me a good idea of the time that will be needed for the whole thing (color or B/W)

- I plan on posting the first pages during the month of march. I can't give a ''release'' date yet, as free time is pretty much random for me now due to work...

So that's it, I'll try to post the first pages when the movie is released, but I'll see...