PDA

View Full Version : Fast Forward Target Clearance?

Drtooth
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I went to Target the other day, and saw they marked down the Fast Forward TMNT toys (while the movie line was untouched). Now, I am not sure that it was just that location (it has a very small toy aisle) or it could in fact be others. Anyway, I was able to get Raph and Leo, and I'm going to try to get back and get Don.

Now, this could be for 2 reasons. 1) It could just mean they need to clear out the first assortment, to make room for the next wave, or 2) they're just dropping them to make room for another toy line altogether.

Hero
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
I would say a bit of both.

---HERO

CyberCubed
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Well Playmates showed a second wave of Fast Foward figs at Toy Fair 2006, which included Bishop, Biggles, Starlee, etc. so they may just be getting rid of the original FF releases to make way for the new ones.

But they may just want more movie shipments around now to build up hype for the movie.

Either way, after the movie airs and the hype dies down I expect the second wave of Fast Foward figures to replace the Movie ones, for obvious reasons.

TheShowstoppa
03-08-2007, 03:40 AM
The target here did the same thing. I wound up getting all the basic Fast Forward figures (all four turtles, Splinter and Cody) and I also found a Hamato Yoshi figure on clearance. Box wasn't in the best condition, but I still got it.

I bought the 4 Dark Turtles as soon as I found them. I couldn't pass those up, so that brings my total up to 10 FF figures. I have more for the 2K3 figures, but I can't help but to think that I'm missing out on figures. I'm going tomorrow to try and find the last 4 basic figures for the movie line being as that I passed up buying Karai and Winters the other night and I shouldn't have... now I can't find them anywhere... Target included.

OA
03-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Yea, it seems i was a bit late to that party becuase all of my targets were completely gutted...all the clearance gone; nothing but movie figs..oh well..

Squirrel_Lips
03-17-2007, 10:05 PM
My Target put them down to $2.48. I bought quite a few!

Drtooth
03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Funny thing, as soon as they went down in price ($3.50) they sold like Hotcakes. Totally flew off the shelves. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying Donatello. They didn't even have the dark mutants left. They completely flew off the shelves before they got a chance to even be half price.

Did manage to get a Canabal King Jack Sparrow for a buck fifty, though!

Well Playmates showed a second wave of Fast Foward figs at Toy Fair 2006, which included Bishop, Biggles, Starlee, etc. so they may just be getting rid of the original FF releases to make way for the new ones.

Considering this is the same Playmates that made protos of Gizmoduck, Samurai Earthworm Jim, and The Ripping Friends and never made them past that, I am a trifle worried. But the FF toys seem to have done pretty well.

Spike Spiegel
03-29-2007, 04:46 PM
This is a great time to buy FF figs.

VaughnMichael
03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Considering this is the same Playmates that made protos of Gizmoduck, Samurai Earthworm Jim, and The Ripping Friends and never made them past that, I am a trifle worried. But the FF toys seem to have done pretty well.
woahhh they made a gizmo duck proto!! and ripping friends ugh i loved that show! stupid playmates..and yeah there are a tun of tmnt figures that have nve rbeen produced or made it past the design phase. I had a convo with dan burger about it hes thinking of making a section about it on the official website!:D
But yeah I wouldnt be all that worried I figure after the movie hype is over they will continue with the norm.

Drtooth
03-31-2007, 03:17 PM
This is a great time to buy FF figs.

They sold out like 2 weeks after I first posted this. In my area, they didn't even get the chance to be marked down to half off. Not even a Tobin Zixx or anything to be found.

woahhh they made a gizmo duck proto!! and ripping friends ugh i loved that show! stupid playmates..and yeah there are a tun of tmnt figures that have nve rbeen produced or made it past the design phase. I had a convo with dan burger about it hes thinking of making a section about it on the official website

After the disappointment of Sesame Street action figures never being produced because both companies that planned them went bankrupt pretty much numbed me from then on. I still need FF Don. I would buy the varient if it is made and comes out, but I'd rather have the standard one.

I think maybe Target just is making room for all the Summer movie toys. They take up 80% of the toy aisle anyway.