PDA

View Full Version : Clips at IGN!

SLASH!!!
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
IGN.com has 4 clips check them out here.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/150/150340/vids_1.html

Edit- Make that 12. Wish I could change the thread title.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Dude, there are more than 4 clips.

Roseangelo
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
No, try TEN clips!!!!

*falls over*

It's so beautiful....

SLASH!!!
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Whoa I only saw four AWESOME!

dripgutz24
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
wow what a spoiler

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
11 actually.

Warhorse
03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
:D

I watched a few of them. And now I am grinning from ear to ear like a dumb kid. My family is looking at me like I have horns growing out the side of my head, (I'm in the living room with my laptop and a pair of headphones here)

Well, in these clips, you really get to hear the Turtle's voices. At first, I wan't too sure about Raph's when we saw him in that one tv spot with his "I have to disagree with you on that!" Well, in these new clips, he sounds perfect, and he has his accent!:D

Well, I'm gonna continue to watch them, I'm going to spoil myself rotten here, but I haven't been this happy to watch something since probably the first Turtle movie,:)

Ralphmacchio
03-13-2007, 08:22 PM
So, casey is like comic relief, well him and mikey were in the first movie. So, I guess that works.

Splinter's Iroonna
03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I am officially declaring myself on restriction from watching any more!

After all, I have to have SOMETHING surprising happen to me when I see the film!

*must... resist.... LURE.....*

:o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blue_angel99
03-13-2007, 09:17 PM
:o :o :o :o ....I was still drooling from the fight sequence and now all these. :sick: Guess where going to be on March 23?:roll:

raphaelprime
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Those were awsome...Animation is purely top notch. For those scared to watch, I didn't see anything TOO spoiler-ish in them.

Buslady
03-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Raph is so hot it makes me wanna cry....*bows to Imagi* My worries have been aleviated...Imagi rules.

LogicDonny
03-13-2007, 09:59 PM
The cgi were really impressive. I had a laugh and two. The courtyard fight was impressive. Lots of footsoldiers.

Say when did the turtles get arcade machines!?

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Raph is so hot it makes me wanna cry....*bows to Imagi* My worries have been aleviated...Imagi rules.

::nods head vigorously:: I agree with so much. These shots:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/cj_shutterbug/TMNT/Raphwindow.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/cj_shutterbug/TMNT/sexyeyedraph.jpg

Make. Me. Melt.

His eyes are mesmerizing... how'd Imagi do that?

Buslady
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
The cgi were really impressive. I had a laugh and two. The courtyard fight was impressive. Lots of footsoldiers.

Say when did the turtles get arcade machines!?

Maybe Casey won them on Ebay for them....they make $$, they paid Case and he delivered hahaha

Buslady
03-13-2007, 10:03 PM
::nods head vigorously:: I agree with so much. These shots:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/cj_shutterbug/TMNT/Raphwindow.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/cj_shutterbug/TMNT/sexyeyedraph.jpg

Make. Me. Melt.

His eyes are mesmerizing... how'd Imagi do that?
Raph's eyes have ALWAYS been amazing...it's RAPH..he's just that way.

How funny you made a sig banner out of the same pic as me!! we think alike!! I loved that look!!:D

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
How funny you made a sig banner out of the same pic as me!! we think alike!! I loved that look!!:D
Yeah, the look says a lot about Raph: Determined, resolute. Also a bit tired, like he's had a long night beating the crap out of bad guys....

Jester
03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
:D I can't wait until the 23...my gal-pal, my buddy and his girl are gonna double date, eat pizza and see TMNT...:D

Rooish
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Raph's eyes are huge, and his brows are huge, and methinks that helps his face be very expressive.

VaughnMichael
03-14-2007, 12:29 AM
this movie has my blessing 100% after reading the novel today and seeing these clips everything is great!
I hate to say it though but I have one gripe...all the bad rock bands on the soundtrack am I the only person who doesn't like the music? I hope it's not a bunch of rock music I'd really like a score to go with the movie not a bunch of jock rockers. :ohwell:

Roseangelo
03-14-2007, 12:33 AM
I don't understand why everyone expects the movie to feature their favorite bands or genre of music. Just deal with it. I enjoy Japanese bubblegum pop, but I don't expect the movie to feature it. :dead:

I happen to think the music works well from what we've seen and I plan on enjoying it for what it is.

VaughnMichael
03-14-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't understand why everyone expects the movie to feature their favorite bands or genre of music. Just deal with it. I enjoy Japanese bubblegum pop, but I don't expect the movie to feature it. :dead:

I happen to think the music works well from what we've seen and I plan on enjoying it for what it is.

uum I don't want any bands in it thats what I want..I wasn't hoping nor did I expect to hear marilyn manson or praga khan or lords of acid in this movie lol.
I just want a good musical score you know like on the 2k3 show.
The whole bad rap and crapy rock thing worked in the 80's movies but I'm really not so sure about this...but oh well..I'm sure I'll live with it.
At this point it's my only gripe.
I mean gimmie a break I went from not being interested in this thing to absolutly loving it in 2 days!

Cascadia
03-14-2007, 01:04 AM
I spread info about the movie in my teacher's program in my own way with a project on cultural influences of movies. ;)

gobo
03-14-2007, 01:53 AM
You sneaky little devil, you. ;)

Cascadia
03-14-2007, 02:17 AM
You sneaky little devil, you. ;)

I have always been sneaking in my life. Some eyebrows arched when they saw it.

Tortuga Joe
03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Those clips were so well done, and not even too spoiler'ish, I thought. I especially liked the Raph and Casey scene titled, "You've Never Heard of Smoke Pellets?", it was genuinely funny. Also, I think that Leo's voice sounds really well done. It's so much more of a different Leo than we've seen/heard in the past, and I for one, being a huge Leo fan, really enjoyed it, and am really impressed with it. And for that matter, I think the majority of the voice cast was really impressive too. This film is going to kill on opening weekend: I can't wait.

Rooish
03-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I think maybe Raph's smoke pellets thing is a running joke in the movie. So far I've seen him use them thrice in various clips.

kerfootw
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
:D I can't wait until the 23...my gal-pal, my buddy and his girl are gonna double date, eat pizza and see TMNT...:D

I guess I'll do the same (minus the double-dating, I'm a loner)...BUT add a hot dog or two because that's the sort-of-notable food item in the new series. Can't forget that.

Raph's Girl
03-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I guess I'll do the same (minus the double-dating, I'm a loner)...BUT add a hot dog or two because that's the sort-of-notable food item in the new series. Can't forget that.

I'll be going on my own and eating the nummy Pizza pretzles that my theatre makes. :evilgrin:

jezza
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
i'm going with my girlfriend and at least 4 others

Warhorse
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM

I don't understand either. Also, it costs money, sometimes serious money, to secure the copyrights to use famous artists music in movies and tv shows, so this in by itself could have been the reason for no really popular bands.

But if this flick does good at the box office (I am hoping for 300 similar numbers here) then maybe they will have more room to incorporate other music, and perhaps beef this baby up to a PG-13!:)

VaughnMichael
03-16-2007, 02:46 AM
I don't understand either. Also, it costs money, sometimes serious money, to secure the copyrights to use famous artists music in movies and tv shows, so this in by itself could have been the reason for no really popular bands.

But if this flick does good at the box office (I am hoping for 300 similar numbers here) then maybe they will have more room to incorporate other music, and perhaps beef this baby up to a PG-13!:)

what I'm talking about is no bands at all a damn movie score not crapy rock bands like pod...I dont want anyone who can be found in the music scene at all.
I really hope the movie isn't full of this crap...even though it seems like it will be.:|
I'm talkin' nice written musical scores and sounds to go with the characters...not pumping your fist jock rock anthems.
But really I don't see what the big deal is I'm stating an opinion and what's not to get.

Roseangelo
03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
what I'm talking about is no bands at all a damn movie score not crapy rock bands like pod...I dont want anyone who can be found in the music scene at all.
I really hope the movie isn't full of this crap...even though it seems like it will be.:|
I'm talkin' nice written musical scores and sounds to go with the characters...not pumping your fist jock rock anthems.
But really I don't see what the big deal is I'm stating an opinion and what's not to get.

There are only certain movies that can get away with ONLY a score and not a regular soundtrack. TMNT isn't one of them.

Just because you consider the bands crap doesn't mean they actually are and reinforces my statement about people who want only music they like and approve of to be on the soundtrack. It can't be like that; just deal with it.

Cascadia
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I am going by myself on opening day. I have not decided if I should go to the first showing or the first evening showing.

I have talked to the local movie theater about the movie, they have indicated that a ton of people are excited about this movie. :)

SLASH!!!
03-16-2007, 12:53 PM
IGN has yet another clip. This time it is Leo and Raph arguing on a roof. Check it out.:D

Garou
03-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I was screaming like a crazed fangirl, when I saw that there was a new clip up. And Raph's laugh... :tlove: Thanks for the note, SLASH.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
I can't believe Leo went there.

mikey2007
03-16-2007, 01:32 PM
i'm going with my girlfriend and at least 4 others

yeah, me and my friend are double dating, lol we've also been having a lost season marathon the past couple of days, and watchin various turtles stuff to get ready for this bad boy, but i think i'm also diggin the pizza idea like someone else had said, lol maybe go to the movie, and go for some pizza afterward:)

Ralphmacchio
03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Check this out I switched up the music with something a little more effective. In, the raph leo fight.

Sounds better on dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/altpunkhead/video/x1go0k_leo-vs-raph-fight-tmnt-2007-edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JW1HYwmN7I

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 01:55 PM
holy crap that Leo and Raph argument was intense.God I loved Leo's complete frustration with Raph and that line where he asks Raph why he hates him for wanting to be a better leader fo rthem

Ralphmacchio
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
holy crap that was intense

My version or the original?

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Both versions are intense, but I do like what you've done with the clip, Ralph. The heavier strings give it a little something extra.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I can't believe Leo went there.

Went where?

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Just because you consider the bands crap doesn't mean they actually are and reinforces my statement about people who want only music they like and approve of to be on the soundtrack. It can't be like that; just deal with it.

I agree with you. Im just saying theres a few better songs that coulda fit the movie more(and yes, maybe one or happen to be from a favorite band). But i honestly think the Jet song and the "Black Betty" cover deffinately fit their scenes perfectly, still a lil iffy on the POD fitting in, but its growing on me.

And to move on to another point..

Also, it costs money, sometimes serious money, to secure the copyrights to use famous artists music in movies and tv shows, so this in by itself could have been the reason for no really popular bands.

And how much do you think it cost em to get Cobra Starship and Gym class Heroes? With todays "Trendy" or "fab" their 2 of the biggest names, and you know the record label is going to ask for alot to use them since they know they can get alot for them. Look at what Snakes on a plane did for Cobra Starship(which i also say is the only reason they got popular and people thought they were 'cool')

All im saying is, i bet for a lot less than those 2 bands, they coulda have gotten an amazing band with a song(i think) fits the overall theme pretty nicely, Within Temptation and their song 'Stand My Ground'.

And i know i cant choose the songs on the cd, im just sayin, i think there coulda been maybe 1 or 2 better songs added.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Went where?

That's the first time I heard Leo actually say "I'm better than you" to one of his brothers.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree with you. Im just saying theres a few better songs that coulda fit the movie more(and yes, maybe one or happen to be from a favorite band). But i honestly think the Jet song and the "Black Betty" cover deffinately fit their scenes perfectly, still a lil iffy on the POD fitting in, but its growing on me.

And to move on to another point..

And how much do you think it cost em to get Cobra Starship and Gym class Heroes? With todays "Trendy" or "fab" their 2 of the biggest names, and you know the record label is going to ask for alot to use them since they know they can get alot for them. Look at what Snakes on a plane did for Cobra Starship(which i also say is the only reason they got popular and people thought they were 'cool')

All im saying is, i bet for a lot less than those 2 bands, they coulda have gotten an amazing band with a song(i think) fits the overall theme pretty nicely, Within Temptation and their song 'Stand My Ground'.

And i know i cant choose the songs on the cd, im just sayin, i think there coulda been maybe 1 or 2 better songs added.

Well, it does sometimes cost money for the copyrights. Also, perhaps those two bands are fans of the Turtles and contributed their scores. Or perhaprs the director or sound editor had ties or deals with the album labels to, well work out a deal.
Could be a million reasons why those songs were picked. While I at first didn't care for the POD song, it's since then grown on me.

But the Raph and Jersey Devil score, loved it. I wonder if they picked that song as some sort of tricky tribute to the old toon Rocksteady. For old school fans or something.

Youal
03-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Any one notise in the 3rd TV Spot, Raph bash the Jersey Devil over the head with a frying pan but its not in the clips that we seen in IGN. Its a quick cut so watch it in slow motion to catch it. Have a look:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/tmnt/tvspots/tvspot3_500.mov

I wonder if the MPAA force Ken Munroe to cut that out.

As for the new clip, I can see why some of you thought it seems out of character for Leo to speak arrogantly when he said "I'm better than you." But you know what, sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment. It reminds me when I got into a big fight with my brother. I think it a good to see that Leo is not always perfect.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Any one notise in the 3rd TV Spot, Raph hit the Jersey Devil over the head with a frying pan but its not in the clips that we seen in IGN. Its a quick cut so watch it in slow motion to catch it. Have a look:

I was wondering that myself. But I think there's lots of parts missing from those scenes.

In the one where Casey and Raph are trying to fight off that moster, Raph gets something in his shell, but later, during Max Winters Name All Over It, we see Raph's arm bandaged. So, I think they are just quick cuts just to get us pumped, and the actual movie will have mostly everything we have glimpsed in one nice package.

Did any of you notice in the I'm Better Than You, in the very beginning, Leo spat on the ground. Think he just got landed in the face by Raphael just before that scene? It looked like Leo was smarting a bit in his jaw. Poor Leo, I almost feel sorry for him.

Youal
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm actually siding with Raph on this. How is Raph risking the safety of his family as the Nightwatcher? I feel for the guy. He just trying to do his own thing. Whats wrong with that?

VaughnMichael
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
There are only certain movies that can get away with ONLY a score and not a regular soundtrack. TMNT isn't one of them.

listen I don't want any bands in the movie you are not understanding what I'm saying.
just because I say those bands are complete and utter sh1t doesnt mean I want bands I like in the movie. why you may ask? oh let's see because they don't fit into it either. The music seems out of place. My point is once again I'd like to not have any "bands" in the movie. and I really dissagree with you about them not being able to have a score they could have and would have if they really wanted to do so.
And no I won't just get over it. I don't see why you care so much over the fact that I could care less that there are bands in the movie and I'd like to see a good score instead like on the 2k3 toon.
you are really making such a huge deal out of this making me seem like some sort of @ass hole because I dislike these bands I'm sorry if you do I like movies with scores and not rock bands. We don't have to agree I'd rather not keep draging this on I'm gonna see the damn movie anyways so it's really not a big deal I just won't buy the sound track. I never really cared for the music in the past turtle movies either cept that Tarzan jungle boy song lol.
Can't you just see I don't like the movie having any bands at all it doesnt even matter who I like thats beyond the fact.
Those bands they used btw aren't even popular so I don't want to see anyone use that as an excuse.:lol:

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm actually siding with Raph on this. How is Raph risking the safety of his family as the Nightwatcher? I feel for the guy. He just trying to do his own thing. Whats wrong with that?

He may not be outright risking his families lives, but all it takes is someone to capture Raph, and to the science labs he goes. I understand a little bit on Leo's point of view. I mean, if Raph gets caught, he aint going to no Rikers.

But at the same time, I definitely know exactly how Raph feels in being talked down like this by Leo, and can jsut imagine the temper that's overflowing within him. Leo can be arrogant sometimes. Actually, both can be arrogant and stubborn goats.

VaughnMichael
03-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't agree the movie would be just damn fine without any popular bands at all even grade Z ones.
That's the first time I heard Leo actually say "I'm better than you" to one of his brothers.
yeah some ones got a big ego..and it aint raph.:x
man I can't wait to see him woop Leo's butt but good in this!
But the Raph and Jersey Devil score, loved it. I wonder if they picked that song as some sort of tricky tribute to the old toon Rocksteady. For old school fans or something.
yeah see that one was ok because it matched the scene.
it was upbeat and fast passed...the pod song is to slow for a huge battle scene. I'm thinking though about what you said...are all the recording artists signed to warner bros cause that could be the reason for them being around at all in the first place.
doing you're own thing and having your own ideas is usually a bad idea especially when you don't share the same opinions as everyone else.:ohwell:

Rooish
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay. I'm not allowed to watch the clip containing the emotional climax of the movie. Don't let me watch the clip containing the emotional climax of the movie, okay?

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay. I'm not allowed to watch the clip containing the emotional climax of the movie. Don't let me watch the clip containing the emotional climax of the movie, okay?

::shields Rooish's eyes::

I'll do my best! :D

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I was wondering that myself. But I think there's lots of parts missing from those scenes.

There is you can tell, otherwise i done found a goof, that being one second JD is on the floor next he's on the table. I agree, i think theres still some things taken out of those clips.

Well, it does sometimes cost money for the copyrights. Also, perhaps those two bands are fans of the Turtles and contributed their scores. Or perhaprs the director or sound editor had ties or deals with the album labels to, well work out a deal.
Could be a million reasons why those songs were picked.

Yeah i know, but i was just commenting on your first one bout how its having to pay so much money for the songs and all. There prolly is a few reasons for those songs getting in. But i still see GCH and CS as being on there to help sell the cd through their name.

But, after i see the movie, im just going to make my own version for a soundtrack with songs i think woulda fit nicely.

Venom Symbiote
03-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Heh, Raph calls Leo "big brother". Cool. I'm liking that scene so far. A lot.

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
A couple of reasons. 1, the more enemies he makes, the more enemies they make. That puts them all in danger. And 2, how much do you think it would bother them if Raph was killed by someone he fought as the Nightwatcher? Thats a quick way to a broken family.

Not to mention there is a reason Raph is keeping his secret away from everyone--he knows he is'nt supposed to be doing what he is doing. That right then and there shows that while his intentions are noble he knows he's not going at it the right way.

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
He may not be outright risking his families lives, but all it takes is someone to capture Raph, and to the science labs he goes. I understand a little bit on Leo's point of view. I mean, if Raph gets caught, he aint going to no Rikers.

But at the same time, I definitely know exactly how Raph feels in being talked down like this by Leo, and can jsut imagine the temper that's overflowing within him. Leo can be arrogant sometimes. Actually, both can be arrogant and stubborn goats.
exactly--they are more alike then they know

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
exactly--they are more alike then they know

Yep. They are way too much alike. One of the reasons they are always butting heads. I wish there was like a personal journal Splinter kept to tell how it was like to raise those two. That's gotta be some interesting reading there.

Wow. If this movie does great, wouldn't it be nice to have a prequel of the Turtles when they were tykes?;)

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
that would rock. especially seeing as though those 2 seemed like they were in constant competition with each other.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok. I'm just wondering here. In the latest clip, you have Leo spit. And I also speculate we are seeing the clips unfinished. You think that in the movie, Leo will spit out blood (since I think it's pretty obvious he got clobbered big time by Raph in that scene) or would the MPAA be against that?

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok. I'm just wondering here. In the latest clip, you have Leo spit. And I also speculate we are seeing the clips unfinished. You think that in the movie, Leo will spit out blood (since I think it's pretty obvious he got clobbered big time by Raph in that scene) or would the MPAA be against that?

That would cause the MPAA to bump it to a PG-13

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah I would'nt expect blood

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
There are supposed to be swear words in the movie. What kind of swear words are allowed in todays PG movies (I ask because Goonies was PG and occasionally dropped the S bomb.

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
There are supposed to be swear words in the movie. What kind of swear words are allowed in todays PG movies (I ask because Goonies was PG and occasionally dropped the S bomb.

Yeah, the first TMNT movie had 7 uses of the word 'damn'. I think thats still the only 'swear' word still allowed in PG movies. Or they could be talking about the subtle differences between 'Hell' and 'Shell' as in compared to 'What the hell?' with 'What the shell?' since its still pretty sugestive. Also the old Transformers movie had the s word in it too, and it was a cartoon for kids at the time lol.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I wonder if Raph really calls the Jersey Devil "You little monster!" or something worse!:P

Well, I've been reading around. Apparently, if this movie does well, the next movie will be pushing for a hard PG-13, even though the producer initially wanted a rated R TMNT. PG-13, I can see happening, but not the R. Though it would be nice.

This movie has to garner 100 million domestically. What's the chance of it accomplishing that? Someone on the IMDb boards mentioned that the big name actors should be getting on the talk shows and advertise for this movie. How come this isn't being done?

They also need to shows those clips to a more broader audience, because that is some top notch cgi there. The voice acting, the sound effects, the tone, everything, even though this is a PG movie, is quite raw, and I can't believe people would not be stoked about this movie, if they got a chance to see the more serious stuff of it, or at least the more edgier.

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Someone on the IMDb boards mentioned that the big name actors should be getting on the talk shows and advertise for this movie. How come this isn't being done?

lol, i JUST responded to that same question on another thread lol. Most of the time when a guest is on to promote a movie, the movie is comming out that week. Unless they cannot be scheduled that week. So im guessing most of them were avalible for next week, so im willing to bet(good amount too) that next week and or the week after they will.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
^Great minds think alike!:D

This is going to be the longest week for me, I swear.

So, what is everyone gonna do to prepare themselves for the movie? Gonna do anything special? You gonna wear a special shirt or adorn the colors of your favorite Turtle. Sounds stupid, but my friends and I are gonna dye strands in our hair the colors of the Turtles masks. We are also trying to find shirts with the new movie characters on them. Has anyone seen any shirts with the new designs?

gobo
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Most of the time when a guest is on to promote a movie, the movie is comming out that week. Unless they cannot be scheduled that week. So im guessing most of them were avalible for next week, so im willing to bet(good amount too) that next week and or the week after they will.
Exactly. Talk shows don't promote movies unless they'll be immediately available for viewing. The earliest I've ever seen it done was two days before the movie they were promoting.

Quiet_Guy
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/794/794101/vids_1.html

Heh, Nightwatcher is playable

Jester
03-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure why everyone's so adamant about an R rated TMNT. Is the comic book really so dark as to necessitate an R rating. TMNT would do fine as a PG-13 movie, R would be a bit much for the franchise.

Warhorse
03-16-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure why everyone's so adamant about an R rated TMNT. Is the comic book really so dark as to necessitate an R rating. TMNT would do fine as a PG-13 movie, R would be a bit much for the franchise.

Because people want to see Leo actually shed some serious blood on his blade, and to hear Raph talk like a real New Yorker, with none of this "shell this" and "shell that" business.

But other than that, you're right, TMNT could do fine as a PG-13. Quite well actually.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Because people want to see Leo actually shed some serious blood on his blade, and to hear Raph talk like a real New Yorker, with none of this "shell this" and "shell that" business.

But other than that, you're right, TMNT could do fine as a PG-13. Quite well actually.

Take it up to PG-13 and they could make it the best TMNT flick ever.

gobo
03-16-2007, 09:08 PM

I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.

I highly doubt that. Since the game seems to follow the movie, your gonna have a stage where you play as Nightwatcher(kinds like the solo Leo in the jungle)

Raph's Girl
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Has anyone seen any shirts with the new designs?

Yes.. U can order them here. They have both adult and children sizes.
http://www.giantmerchandising.com/retail/TMNT-C190.aspx

They came out on the 15th and I preordered before then, but I have yet to receive mine...and Im a bit annoyed because my order summary says it hasn't even been shipped. Hrm...

blue_angel99
03-17-2007, 03:05 AM
IGN.com has 4 clips check them out here.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/150/150340/vids_1.html

They added another clip! It's an intense fight scene between Raph(Night Watchman) and Leo (Jungle boy). :o Way more than in the first one. They're fight remind me of the ones I had with my younger brothers. Like Leo, I was always right and my little jerky bros weren't. I love them soooo much.

Just one more week!!!:D I'm sadly going solo to watch it cause MY FRIENDS don't see what so great about TMNT. :roll: Ah well. If you are an Oahu islander and you see a little hispanic chick sittin in a corner by herself, please don't pity me. I will enjoy the night my own way. maybe i'll meet the perfect guy, fall in love and have a tmnt theme wedding!:P

Garou
03-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Any one notise in the 3rd TV Spot, Raph bash the Jersey Devil over the head with a frying pan but its not in the clips that we seen in IGN. Its a quick cut so watch it in slow motion to catch it. Have a look:

I know it's a bit late, but just thought I'd say something on that.

I must be the worst nerd ever. I've been sitting on my computer watching movie clips for God knows how long, and there are atleast more than two times, where the clip with Raph smacking the Jersey Devil with the frying pan could have been. You see it when the devil is at one place, the camera switches to Raph, and the Devil is suddenly at a new spot (for example after it's been hit by the refrigerator). So I hope it will still be in the movie. I'm counting on it, atleast...

Raph's Girl
03-17-2007, 08:00 AM
They added another clip! It's an intense fight scene between Raph(Night Watchman) and Leo (Jungle boy). :o Way more than in the first one. They're fight remind me of the ones I had with my younger brothers. Like Leo, I was always right and my little jerky bros weren't. I love them soooo much.

Actually Blue there are a dozen clips on that site, not just the 4 stated.

Barkworm
03-17-2007, 08:37 AM
I think Leo's "I'm better than you!" line in the latest clip was really awkward but apart from that I'm totally digging it. And the voice acting is great! Really good work there.

Rooish
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
How was it awkward?

SLASH!!!
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM

I already mentioned this.

Warhorse
03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes.. U can order them here. They have both adult and children sizes.
http://www.giantmerchandising.com/retail/TMNT-C190.aspx

They came out on the 15th and I preordered before then, but I have yet to receive mine...and Im a bit annoyed because my order summary says it hasn't even been shipped. Hrm...

How much far back did you order yours? If I sent in an order today, think I'll get it before the 23rd?

I might check out Spencers, FYI, Specs and Hot Topics, they might have them as well. I loved the individual Turtles, those were nice!

Oh, thanks for the link to that store Raph Girl, I'm tempted to buy everything I saw on there!:D But that new movie Raph and Don shirt are MINE!

Turtleman100
03-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I love watching thows clip. Im looking at the pictures right now. And watching Beakmans' World. Man this show is old. Or it just me. haha

Cascadia
03-17-2007, 04:50 PM
How much far back did you order yours? If I sent in an order today, think I'll get it before the 23rd?

I might check out Spencers, FYI, Specs and Hot Topics, they might have them as well. I loved the individual Turtles, those were nice!

Oh, thanks for the link to that store Raph Girl, I'm tempted to buy everything I saw on there!:D But that new movie Raph and Don shirt are MINE!

I already checked my local Hot Topic and they have T-shirts that the 1980s design but no movie T-shirts even though they have a display for advertising the new movie. They looked at me kind of strange when I asked for T-shirts advertising for the new movie.

gobo
03-17-2007, 08:00 PM

I think that's the Wii's exclusive mini-game for Raph. If he's playable on any other system, I'll be surprised.I highly doubt that. Since the game seems to follow the movie, your gonna have a stage where you play as Nightwatcher(kinds like the solo Leo in the jungle)
True. It seems very reasonable. But, I'm just not going to get my hopes up until they upload those same clips to any other system.

Warhorse
03-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I already checked my local Hot Topic and they have T-shirts that the 1980s design but no movie T-shirts even though they have a display for advertising the new movie. They looked at me kind of strange when I asked for T-shirts advertising for the new movie.

Wow. I went out on the town today, looking for T-shirts, or even patched I can sew or steam onto clothing of the new TMNT. Went to Hot Topics (They had a huge poster on the outside of the Turtles, advertising the new movie.) I went to Spencers and a comic book shop. All say the new movie shirts will be in about mid April, but that's because they are being bought up like crazy on line. At the comic book store, my friends and I got into an excitable conversation with the workers there, and they are all pumped about the movie. But they themselves say that anything TMNT, be it toys, shirts and of course comics, are flying off the shelves right now. I guess there is a bit of a TMNT fever thing going on, even though it's below the radar.

But anyways, never found the type of shirt I am looking for, so I guess I'll be wearing my old school shirt and dying inch thick strands in my hair blue, red, orange and purple. It's the best I can do to show my love for them.

wyze2099
03-18-2007, 02:32 AM
I think Leo's "I'm better than you!" line in the latest clip was really awkward but apart from that I'm totally digging it. And the voice acting is great! Really good work there.

I don't think the "better than you" line was awkward so much as something we don't normally hear him say out loud. It was a heated argument between two brothers with years of complaints to get off their chests, which would lead to them saying things they don't mean or don't phrase very well.

I think "I'm better than you" was an example of that. He probably meant that he was a better martial artist, leader, and strategist than Raphael, but in the heat of the verbal sparring, his buried anger and competitiveness with Raph boiled to the surface. So it came out, "I'm better than you," even though he didn't mean it that way (though the undertone has always been there below the surface).

That's how I see the scene anyway.

Unicron the Agitator
03-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I kept watching the "Who Said I Want to Be Led?" clip over ad over. I just loved the tone and feel of that clip. I also liked how this movie is finally giving Leo a real personality. I can't wait!

Youal
03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I just notise something from the Leo vs Raph clip....Compare the way Raph deliver the line "I have to disagree with you on that one." in TV Spot 2 and the clip:

TV Spot 2:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/tmnt/tvspots/tvspot2_500.mov

Leo vs Raph Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueDCfoa6A

Do you notise any difference? Raph sounds alot gritter and dramatic in the clip than the TV spot. Good job to the voice actor in this scene.

Warhorse
03-19-2007, 03:55 AM
I just notise something from the Leo vs Raph clip....Compare the way Raph deliver the line "I have to disagree with you on that one." in TV Spot 2 and the clip:

TV Spot 2:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/tmnt/tvspots/tvspot2_500.mov

Leo vs Raph Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFueDCfoa6A

Do you notise any difference? Raph sounds alot gritter and dramatic in the clip than the TV spot. Good job to the voice actor in this scene.

I have to agree with you on that one!:D I've noticed many Turtle fans have really took a liking to this new Raph's voice, some even saying it is now the favorite version.

Leo sounds great too, and not at all like Ferris Bueller, like some have feared. He actually sounds gruff, and not shrilly, like I always thought he kind of sounded.

Mikey, is kind of like new toon Mikey and the old movies combined.

Donny, almost sounds like his new toon counterpart.

raphaelprime
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM
True. It seems very reasonable. But, I'm just not going to get my hopes up until they upload those same clips to any other system.

It is on all systems. Just looked in my book and it lists him as a playable character.

theredgnome
03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I must admit that I was very concerned about the voice acting, but those worries have now been put to rest. Raphael's Brooklyn accent is top knotch, Leonardo's voice is possibly his best yet, and I'm finally used to Mako as Splinter. Patrick Stewart is a god and proves himself (yet again) to be infallible.

The person voicing Raphael was able to match the intensity he had in the 1990 film. Most impressive.

kryka83
03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
:D

I watched a few of them. And now I am grinning from ear to ear like a dumb kid. My family is looking at me like I have horns growing out the side of my head, (I'm in the living room with my laptop and a pair of headphones here)

Well, in these clips, you really get to hear the Turtle's voices. At first, I wan't too sure about Raph's when we saw him in that one tv spot with his "I have to disagree with you on that!" Well, in these new clips, he sounds perfect, and he has his accent!:D

Well, I'm gonna continue to watch them, I'm going to spoil myself rotten here, but I haven't been this happy to watch something since probably the first Turtle movie,:)
i agree about Raph's voice and his accent...*drools* I'm really excited to see how Raphael is portrayed in this movie, don't get me wrong, i love all the turtles, but Raphie has always been the most intriguing character for me - seeing the clip of him and Leo arguing ---pure awesomeness and emotion! The clip from the movie when he fed some of his smoke pellets to the "cute lil kitchen demon"...let's just say...i'm freakin' excited to see the badass Raphael finally appear!!!

"Mikey, i told you!...NO MORE COWABUNGAS!!!" - Raph

kryka83
03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I have to agree with you on that one!:D I've noticed many Turtle fans have really took a liking to this new Raph's voice, some even saying it is now the favorite version.

Leo sounds great too, and not at all like Ferris Bueller, like some have feared. He actually sounds gruff, and not shrilly, like I always thought he kind of sounded.

Mikey, is kind of like new toon Mikey and the old movies combined.

Donny, almost sounds like his new toon counterpart.

yeah, these new "turtle voices" have definately become popular...but the facial expressions in the trailers so far have been totally awesome - especially when Donny was pc teching on the phone and forgot he was talking to a woman! It's great to actually see facial expressions on the CGI turtles too...maybe i've been watching the cartoons so much that i've now leeched onto the CGI turtles and how much more "human" they are...don't get me wrong, the previous turtle movies have been great giving them that, but seeing the subtle expressions on their faces,in their eyes, and hearing their voices makes it alot better for me...i think i've watched the trailers too many times.....i'll stop now...

oh yeah, and Raph aka Nightwatcher can be Nightstalker to me anytime:lol: ...his "voice" in the movie definately hit the mark the way i think he should sound!