PDA

View Full Version : I never really introduced myself properly so....

Keno
01-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Here I go. Im 20, female, living in Toronto. I loved the TMNT originally as a kid and wtached the show from about 1989 till 1992. Last year I got totally reobsessed with the TMNT through a series of coincedences. Its a long story:

Last year around this time, January, I got really sick and I was in the hospital all miserable and insanely bored. My best friend, who visited me regularily, went to a nearby store to buy me some old magazines and she brought along a stack of old comic books for me to read. One of the comics was an original Mirage issue, I think Issue 11 and I rread it, surprised because all I had ever known had been the Archie comics and the cartoon. It was really cool seeing this other, better version of the Turtles that I had loved. She got me some more, the Return to NY series and a whole bunch of others, including the first issue of the new comic. By this time I was back home recovering and I got online and read a bunch of FanFics as well as lots of stuff on the main TMNT site. It was amazing and I would definitely go as far as saying that being obsessed with the TMNT at this point helped me get better. It gave me something to keep my mind off of being sick and even a bit of hope. Watching the old movies and old cartoons and listening to the soundtracks.

I think it's pretty cool that, just when I rediscovered the TMNT, all their new stuff has come out. I really cant wait until this new cartoon, I am so excited and sometimes I cant beleive it's really happening!

So yea that's my intro. Hello, everyone!!!

Karpo_007
01-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah the Third wave of TMNT is upon us. There is a new Mirage comic, A new show based on Mirage, and a new comic based on the cartoon.

Year 1988 anyone?

Machias Banshee
01-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the forums! :D
Hi, I'm just one of the numerous Ninja Turtle nuts you'll find lurking on this board. Heh, glad to see another Archie fan, too.... :D
lol, TMNT stuff can certainly make you do weird stuff... ;) enjoy your time here, feel free to ask any questions, and have a mango!
*gives Keno a mango of welcome.*

Psycrow
01-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Keno!

azure turtle
01-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Hiya Keno!
*gives Keno a mango of welcome*
Rediscovering the fandom... It's a wonderful feeling, ain't it? :D I went through the same thing in December of 2001. Glad to have you with us, and enjoy your stay!

beaker
01-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Yeah the Third wave of TMNT is upon us. There is a new Mirage comic, A new show based on Mirage, and a new comic based on the cartoon.

Year 1988 anyone?

Sounds more like 1989(which is even cooler) what with the announcement of across the platform video games this Fall!

Oh yes, and welcome aboard! No better time to be a TMNT fan than now(and th elate 80's of course;)

Keno
01-23-2003, 11:44 PM

Storm Wolf
01-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the Tecnodrome!
*hands keno a carmel apple of welcome*
hope you have a great time here....oh and watch out for falling 'things'