PDA

View Full Version : Hows the TMNT Stock at Toys R Us?

Head Spinnin' Bebop
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm gonna be taking a drive down to Buffalo on Saturday and was curious if Toys R Us has a big TMNT section or do they not carry as much as say Wal-Mart or Target? I haven't even been to mine here to check, only wal-Mart. I'm worried when I go, the last day of the sale, they'll all be cleaned out and I wont find a Winters, Karai, Spider/Devil or Vampire. Also the 4 General 2 packs. Gonna maybe get the Van and Nightwatcher too.

I will probably be able to find them all at Target, KB or Wal-Mart, but at least at Toys R us I'd be able to get the buy 2 get 1 free deal. So, just thought I'd chime in and see what the TMNT stock was like and how the line is selling at you local backwards R's, also if any of the above mentioned are hard to come across…

VaughnMichael
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
over priced and hardly anything to buy they hardly ever stock their shelves.

GK Punk
03-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Here all the toy stores are full of TMNT movie stuff.

Jo Dawn
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Here too. I totally hit the Buy Two Get One Free sale.

Though, admittedly, the FF toys aren't selling. The movie toys, however, are quite popular!

GK Punk
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen those FF Toys move at all. Not even as much as the 2k3 line.

Jo Dawn
03-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Same here. They're trying to sell them off here; putting big sales on them. No go. And I still haven't been ableto find some of the 2K3, because they sold so quickly.

Movie ones are moving fast here, too. Which is awesome.

Head Spinnin' Bebop
03-28-2007, 02:35 AM
K, hopefully I'll be able to find some good stuff then. Not like they're giving them away for free, you still have to buy 2 figs, so there should be some stuff still.

Are the General 2 packs hard to find?

GK Punk
03-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Depends on where you look. TRU's around here seem to have a decent amount of them, as where Targets seem sold out of the 2 packs.

Kind of an off topicish note, I was considering picking up Just Karai this week, does the movie figures (Karai Especially) Look odd next to the 2k3 TMNT? I was planning on setting her next to the 2k3 line figs I have untill I can pick up the rest.

VaughnMichael
03-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Depends on where you look. TRU's around here seem to have a decent amount of them, as where Targets seem sold out of the 2 packs.

Kind of an off topicish note, I was considering picking up Just Karai this week, does the movie figures (Karai Especially) Look odd next to the 2k3 TMNT? I was planning on setting her next to the 2k3 line figs I have untill I can pick up the rest.
yes all of the movie figures besides the monsters and generals look odd next to the 80's - 2k3 lines these new figures are much bigger.

GK Punk
03-28-2007, 03:00 AM
That's exactly what I was afraid of. Oh well, thanks for the answer though.

VaughnMichael
03-28-2007, 06:27 AM
That's exactly what I was afraid of. Oh well, thanks for the answer though.
I had no idea myself till I got The Jersey Devil figure he's flipping huge lol which doesn't make sence the spider monster he comes with is the size he should be because in the movie the spider monster was quite big and the jersey devil was quite small. Oh well nice sculpts none the less on the monsters.

Jo Dawn
03-28-2007, 08:27 AM
I know... I wanted the Jersey Devil to be small... But I suppose they had to make it bigger so the kiddies don't, like, choke on it.

*leaves the thread, grumbling about how in HER day, they made toys small because kinds were smart enough to not try to eat them and how SHE never choked on a toy...*

tmntman
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
The Toys R Us store here has all of the movie figures, but unfortunately they tried to cram all of them onto a single end cap display. That wouldn't be too bad normally. But when you are buying three, six or maybe nine at a time the pegs empty quickly.

Sniper33
03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
MY TRU prob has the most Turtle figs in my area (Target, Walmart, Meijer, Kmart), and the section isnt all to great atm. They are set up in two areas, one area is down the asile while the other is on an endcap. But things are getting a tad sparse, mainly cause of the sale though, but more things were taken off of the truck this morning, so hopfully there will be some good things out there before the sale ends. :sleep:

VaughnMichael
03-28-2007, 11:21 PM
I know... I wanted the Jersey Devil to be small... But I suppose they had to make it bigger so the kiddies don't, like, choke on it.

*leaves the thread, grumbling about how in HER day, they made toys small because kinds were smart enough to not try to eat them and how SHE never choked on a toy...*
hehehe some times I wonder if parents dont just go ohhh here baby doll and hand there kids a small toy while they yack away on their cell phones I can this is how this more than likely came about.
I mean unless there are really that many oraly fixated children out there lol:o

Rockzero
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Just a heads up, I went to my Toys R Us tonight and they had buy 2 get 1 FREE on all the TMNT figures (action figures, general 2 packs, Nightwatcher, I think even the little roleplay sets were on there too). Unfortunately it was so picked over I couldn't find anything.

Might be worth checking your TRU to see if they have this going too.

Sniper33
03-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Just FYI, TRU might not be getting in the general 2 packs instock no more. Was checking the computer earlier today and they were labeled status X, which means no longer an active product. It might of just been my store, but most of the time it goes for the rest.

Sniper33
03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Just a heads up, I went to my Toys R Us tonight and they had buy 2 get 1 FREE on all the TMNT figures (action figures, general 2 packs, Nightwatcher, I think even the little roleplay sets were on there too). Unfortunately it was so picked over I couldn't find anything.

Might be worth checking your TRU to see if they have this going too.

Sale ends this week, last week was the gift card promo they had going. My TRU also has low TMNT stuff now as to a few days ago. Roleplay stuff counts towards the sale, but a shame the new TMNT game doesnt count towards the offer.

Rockzero
03-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Sale ends this week, last week was the gift card promo they had going. My TRU also has low TMNT stuff now as to a few days ago. Roleplay stuff counts towards the sale, but a shame the new TMNT game doesnt count towards the offer.

Any idea when TRU does restock? My TRU literally had 1 April figure and that was it. I still need a lot of figures so I'd love to take advantage of this before it goes away.

Head Spinnin' Bebop
03-30-2007, 04:00 AM
How do you find the stock at Wal-Mart and Target?

Only sale I know Target has is for the Nightwatcher at 12.99.

I'm headin down there tomorrow morning, so hope I'm lucky and they aren't too cleaned out.