PDA

View Full Version : Appraise your collection

Revan
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I just thought I would see how much money people have invested into the greatest franchise known to man. I understand some people may not want to publicize their finacial endevors, however I'm sure there are some fans who are proud so share.

Take into account everything tmnt related.
figures, clothes, movies, anything.

and give a $ amount

MrPliggins
04-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Is this just toys? If so, probably around $300 total.

Head Spinnin' Bebop
04-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't even know. I just made a whole "museum" room dedicated to showcase everything and its packed. Its not just TMNT though, everything I've been collecting since I was little.

Roseangelo
04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I've spent more money of TMNT crap over the years than I care to think about. I honestly have no clue what the actual number would be close to. :dead:

But I've also sold some of the stuff.. then bought more stuff.. still have more I'd like to sell/get rid of. Some stuff has appreciated in value, which is nice, but will only do anything for me if I decide to sell. If I were smart I'd sell some of my comics right now while prices are inflated, but comics are one thing that will probably always be impossible for me to part with.

jestergoblin
04-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Easily over 2k on since the new series started, probably closer to $2,500.

Spitfire
04-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't even want to imagine, but I know it's alot. I've probably spent at least 300 on movie merch alone.

mikey2007
04-03-2007, 12:07 AM
i did a rough estimate of just my figures and know i had over a thousand, and that was like in early 2005, so i still have to add all the new stuff, and wow, i prolly don't want to know how much i've spent.....but i'd prolly say close to 2 grand

CudleyCowlick
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
This is where I would like to brag. Assuming it was broken down and handled well, I'll bet my collection would fetch nearly 4k. That's including all TMNT items, not just toys. But I'll guess that I spent less than 2k putting it together over the last couple of years. I'm a smart shopper with WAAAY too much time on my hands.

Revan
04-03-2007, 05:30 PM
This is where I would like to brag. Assuming it was broken down and handled well, I'll bet my collection would fetch nearly 4k. That's including all TMNT items, not just toys. But I'll guess that I spent less than 2k putting it together over the last couple of years. I'm a smart shopper with WAAAY too much time on my hands.

jumping jellyfish! that's crazy huge. *bows to crazycowboydion*

Mr. Snackpants
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I only started collecting figures beginning with the 2k3 series.

I just calculated how much I spent a few wekend ago when I was cleaning my room....I have around 45 figures and 3 vehicles. I have all three movies DVDs and about half of the old school dvds that are out.

So Ive spent just under $500.

jeff the cheff
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm guessing about $1500.

It's a little ridiculous, but I'm not missing that money too much.

OA
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, I probably actually could figure how much i've spent as in my inventory I have written out exaclty how much I paid for it, wether I bought in store or on ebay (of course that wouldn't include items that were carried over from childhood which have no price).

That said, I have over 1,000 figs, 500+ comics, etc. etc. and that would take way too long to figure out right now...however, I went with my shortest list of items which were my vehicles (73 different vehicles, 94 total with duplicates as of Feb.) And that came out right around $800. So all and all, it would be easy to see that I've spent several thousand $$ total on the collection, and it would definately be worth as much if not more.

That Matt Guy
04-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Probably about $300-$400. And that's only the old stuff, since I only own a handful of new TMNT figures. Though that's just pocket change compared to the money I've blown on other franchises like Star Wars.

odupianist
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I have no idea because I don't know what this stuff would sell for. I have a big rubbermaid bin full of just figures from the 80s and 90s. I have most of the sets and vehicles from then. I started collecting when the 2k3 came out, but then stopped because of money. I have the original set, some villians and the sewer from 2k3. I have a few Archie and Mirage books. I have two movie figures from the new movie. I have a fleece and a few minor things like a 12" Donnie from 2k3, a mini gumball machine, and the original eye masks from the original costumes, which are still used on a regular basis :D