PDA

View Full Version : Aprils housing

jignat
04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I know this is a loose sequel, but not sure parts of the live action films it takes into account.

Anyway, when Raph is injured by the Generals and the 3 guys go to aprils apt to check on him, Mikey says, "nice pad" , implying this is the first time he's seen it.
Or did i mishear it?

If i heard correctly, can we just assume this is a new apt that April + Casey moved into between TMNT 3 and now?

Roseangelo
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I got the same impression, that it was their first time seeing it. That would imply to me that April and Casey only just recently moved in together.

Nightwatcher
04-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Does anyone remember if the answering machine that answered when April called Casey to come pick up the crate said both their names or just his? I know it was Casey's voice and I didn't notice if he said April or not either time even though I meant to listen for it the second time I saw it.

Roseangelo
04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
It says, "Casey can't come to the phone right now..." Curious. *shrug*

Rockzero
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Maybe April just moved in with him?

Or maybe they had moved in so recently they hadn't changed the answering machine message.

Or maybe anyone that needs to get in touch with April uses her cell phone?

I dunno. Lots of theories.

Shark_Blade
04-02-2007, 12:28 AM
April and Casey can't be living together. When she called Casey to pick up the crate, his room where he sleeps is a big mess(for what I can remember). April's apartment is squeaky clean I must say.:)

Splinter's Iroonna
04-02-2007, 12:39 AM
They are living together-- if you look, at the moment when April calls Casey, much stuff is in boxes! EIther he is moving in with her, or they've picked a place and he's not finished unpacking while she was gone to C.A. looking for the statues!
Anyway-- that whole lil' speech of Casey's with Raph on the roof makes more sense if you realize that there are many UNPACKED boxes!

Roseangelo
04-02-2007, 12:39 AM
April and Casey can't be living together. When she called Casey to pick up the crate, his room where he sleeps is a big mess(for what I can remember). April's apartment is squeaky clean I must say.:)

No, they are living together. The place is a mess because April's been out of town in South America for however long and Casey isn't tidy without other influences. :lol: This detail is made pretty clear in the book.

Garou
04-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Casey also says, in the talk where Raph falls asleep :lol: , that he has his own issues with "settling down". And I got the impression that it was unpacked boxes in the background as well...

Daunt
04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah I think they just moved in together, on a second viewing it appeared to be moving boxes and the furniture/draperies were yet to be situated.

Tinuvielsdreams
04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I agree with the moving theory, I think it was just one of those subtle things happening in the background of the film. Maybe it will be important for the next movie?

Jo Dawn
04-02-2007, 09:27 AM
April's phone, when she calls Casey at the beginning, says 'Home', when she dials.

Revan
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
They are living together-- if you look, at the moment when April calls Casey, much stuff is in boxes! EIther he is moving in with her, or they've picked a place and he's not finished unpacking while she was gone to C.A. looking for the statues!
Anyway-- that whole lil' speech of Casey's with Raph on the roof makes more sense if you realize that there are many UNPACKED boxes!

Perhaps the talk Casey has with Raph shows why the boxes are still unpacked and the kiss at the end of the movie tells us that Casey has decided he is ready to settle down with April after all.

Shark_Blade
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
April's phone, when she calls Casey at the beginning, says 'Home', when she dials.

:o I applaud you for your eagle eyes. I must check that out again.

Ryzar
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Yep, they just moved in together it seems.

And Casey appears to be going through a little 'phase' where he's died his hair blue! :p

And poor April going through anorexic phase. Hopefully it doesn't last long. She's got a pretty face. ;)

odupianist
04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Don't forget Casey's Leno chin.

Mr._Mutant_Man
04-22-2007, 09:35 AM
And poor April going through anorexic phase. Hopefully it doesn't last long. She's got a pretty face. ;)

A lot of female characters seem to be going through that. I looked at the designs for Wolverine and the X-Men and Shadowcat and Rogue both look like they needed to fatten up a bit. I guess the trend in animation design these days is for twig like female characters. Makes 80's April look like she's as big as a house in comparison.:roll:

Warhorse
04-22-2007, 09:48 AM
While it may be Mikey's, Leo's and Don's first visit to the apartment, I think Raph has been there before(remember when he went to see Casey after the fight with Leo, but before he and Casey got attacked by the Generals and had the shot in the arm.)

I betcha Raph even helped with carrying the boxes to the apartment when they were moving!;)

Shark_Blade
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I guess the trend in animation design these days is for twig like female characters. Makes 80's April look like she's as big as a house in comparison.:roll:

:lol: :lol: lol.

No other April can beat OT April.;)

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3714/aprildrive1ro6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1463/aprilos3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Not the new 2k3 April and certainly not the tmnt movie april(she looks like a little school girl to me:P )
But the first movie April is a strong rival, she's hot and quirky too!

MoreCowbell5263
04-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I think the Original Movie April is better than the Original Cartoon April. In the old cartoon, April was just a damsel in distress, in the first movie, April at least fought the Foot off for a few seconds with her purse, so she has a little bit of fight in her. OT April would never fight back, I don't remember her doing anything other than stereotypical "girls who need rescuing" slaps and stuff.

MoreCowbell5263
04-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Can somebody tell me how to put a picture into the signature thing, all I'm getting is the text I put into it...

Kunoichi_Haruko
04-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Can somebody tell me how to put a picture into the signature thing, all I'm getting is the text I put into it...

I think you're going to have to find a website that hosts that picture (like Photobucket), then use the link they give you for your picture.

MoreCowbell5263
04-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I tried that earlier, it didn't work, than I saved it on my computer, it didn't work, then I don't remember what I did, but it worked, so thanks anyway, man, appreciate it.

Mr._Mutant_Man
04-22-2007, 12:05 PM
:lol: :lol: lol.

Here is a side by side comparison.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6259/comparevx7.jpg

When you put the two together, it makes old toon April look like she was huge.

Revan
04-22-2007, 12:14 PM
OT April is a complete and total knockout. A perfect 10 in my book. Love her tall and sturdy structure. Not to mention her D chest. ;)

The new movie April looks weak to me. Of course, my opinion on April incarnations will always be biased in favor of my first love, OT April.

Shark_Blade
04-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Mr. Mutant man, it seems Original April O'Neil is the winner. She even have bigger frame than that kiddie April :lol::lol:Seriously speaking, OT April is still the winner with a killer body. And her body language is just reeking sex appeal(hand on hip and model like stand)

and yeah, it still bugged me that movie April turned into ninja Kill Bill. she learned that in a year and she can take on the foot and Karai(kick Karai too:eek: ), what is wrong with the world?

Revan
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
^ I read she has been training with a katana for 9 years I believe it was

Mr._Mutant_Man
05-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Mr. Mutant man, it seems Original April O'Neil is the winner. She even have bigger frame than that kiddie April :lol::lol:Seriously speaking, OT April is still the winner with a killer body. And her body language is just reeking sex appeal(hand on hip and model like stand)

Yeah, in the context of the original series she was probably a ratings winner for her news station.

The new movie April looks like she should hang out at the pizza places with the turtles more often.

Scandia
05-26-2007, 05:29 AM
OT April is the best. Followed by old movie April. Then NT April. Mirage April is fine. New movie April is just too skinny- but then, none of the humans in it were all that proportionate.

And the phone message could be because April is avoiding a stalker. Having a male voice makes things much safer.

SassyGal
05-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I also took it as Casey & April had just moved in together since there were boxes all around the living room.

BTW, OT April will always be my fave, but I would have liked to see her fight back a little more ;)

JusticeForce
05-26-2007, 12:34 PM
And the phone message could be because April is avoiding a stalker. Having a male voice makes things much safer.From the posts in this thread, it sounds like OT April was more likely to have a stalker than new movie April. :D

Maybe the answering machine message only mentioned Casey's name because April was away on her "business trip" (does anyone know how long she was gone?) so if someone had called that number, they wouldn't have been able to get in touch with her anyway. For her business, April probably gives out her cell phone number and gets her messages through there - she might not want to give out her home number and risk Casey answering the phone and scaring away potential clients. ;)

Either that, or Casey changed the message while she was away so he could pretend he was single again while April was gone. He admits he was having issues with settling down. :lol:

- T

Scandia
05-26-2007, 01:45 PM
All of OT April was pure sexy! Not just her killer figure. Her lips are totally inviting to say the least. And her confidence makes her so alluring.

I want to be her!

Slash
05-26-2007, 10:52 PM
In the book, she gave him a mask to celebrate their anniversary. They also moved in together. It was perfectly clear there. The movie kind of lead you to believe it could go anyway.

Spitfire
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
When you put the two together, it makes old toon April look like she was huge.

In more ways then one, jesus and to think she was on a kids program.