PDA

View Full Version : bummer

installerray
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
a couple of days ago at the wal-mart by my house here in jersey just got the big display of the movie blankets and sheets . so its on a pallet in big cardboard display that 2 sides of it is a 4 foot by 4 foot cardboard poster of the guys . it was really cool and i knew my kid would love it .. so i asked the lady in the dept . if i can have it , " ask a manager and good luck" she said.

well i go to wal mart today to get another pillow and its gone. so i ask a lady what happened to it , she said its in the back ask this particular manager for it and you might get it. i go and ask for the "cool" manager and the store manager is right there. " i cant let you have it ,the company blah blah blah blah blah" and im like come on dude its worthless garbage to you . this dude was a brainwashed walmart zombie , there was no way he was giving it to me , so after 5 minutes or so i gave up , what a d*ck!!!

my wife talked me down and i gave up. oh well

the fu**ed up thing is i was going to just go there early in the morning , and rip the thing off and casually exit the building. ya snooze , ya lose.

CudleyCowlick
04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I feel your pain, my friend. Many a time have I been turned down by a surly or just plain obnoxious manager when I was willing to pay cash for a nice display. I have occasionally "forgot" that I was holding on to a smaller one (or smuggling it in a jacket, whatever) as I exited a store, but there's just nothing you can do about the big'uns

Either they're just gonna toss it, or it will probably end up with one of their friends or relatives who is just going to let it go to rot in a garage (I repair garage doors - I've actually seen this!). I feel like I'm doing a service to the hobby by saving and carefully preserving these items.

Zachatello00
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm a Gamestop manager, and alot of times our hands are tied when people want certian things, for example, I had to send everything star wars back to Lucas himself. I don't know if it has to do with rights, or what, but there are times that the kids that work with the stuff wanna keep it, and I'm fine with that. I totally give my workers dibs on marketing materials before we give 'em out to the public. That's the way it should be. It's kinda like a perk I guess.

I remember the Twilight Princess display that was up a couple months ago, I had my name on that sucker before we even assembled it. And people did offer me money for it, but no way. It's part of the priviliage of working at the store.

Sniper33
04-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Pretty much the same at the TRU I work at. We have the posters set up all around the Rzone, and when we get new ones the posters are thrown away. Alot of the time one of the workers want to get one, got a few of them myself, as well as the FFXII and Tomb Raider displayer. But now its a fight to the finish with the TMNT poster we have up, three of us wanna get ahold of that little bugger. :sleep:

Nostalgia82
04-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, it really sucks! Something I really regret not doing is simpy walking out with a header at my target store. Back when the 2003 series came out they had this beautiful plastic header of the four turtles above the toy line end cap. I admired it so much that I asked an employee if I can have it. She said "sure, just take it off' Well, thinking she would get fired for this I asked her to ask her manager. Sure enough I was kicking myself when she flattly said no. I did give her my number and she agreed to call me when they toss it. Well, one day I went back and it was gone. I found the girl I first asked to have it and she said they threw it out :x That sucks so much!!! Why not just give it to a fan!!!

installerray
04-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I totally give my workers dibs on marketing materials before we give 'em out to the public. That's the way it should be. It's kinda like a perk I guess.

that i understand. someone who works there definitely gets it before i would.