PDA

View Full Version : What to expect TMNT #29?

Punix
04-11-2007, 04:37 AM
What do you will think what will happen in TMNT #29? and when is it coming out. I personley don't like that there are more tales then ongoing. Not that i don't like tales. What's do you guys en girls think?

VaughnMichael
04-11-2007, 06:09 AM
no idea and I like tales better than vol. 4 so I'm quite happy it's going on without vol. 4

Straight-Edge
04-11-2007, 07:50 AM
I suspect when #29 comes out, we'll get small scenes catching up all four turtles, and some slow paced dialogue, perhaps with a subplot to be expanded on later, but never really brought up again.

It's just the way the comic is going. I'd be happy if Laird just went in the other direction, and did a single issue of just Leonardo's story... really gain some ground on that subplot. Or commit to a total storyline for a few issues, and fix what's been left dangling too long, then come back to the "drama" of the turtles seperated.

The Shelf
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Well, it'll come out whenever Laird decides to start working on it again. I've heard he's got writer's block or something. So nobody has any idea when or even if we'll see TMNT 29. I'm certain he'll continue it, though. He loves the turtles too much to just let it go.

As far as what it'll be about... I really can't say because I haven't even read up to issue 28 yet. I'm still waiting on Mirage to send me the rest of Vol. 4.

Tales is pretty good, but it's hit and miss in quality. I favor Vol. 4 a lot more. I love the stories and the art, but there are some vocal people on these boards who would disagree. :roll:

I can't wait to see TMNT 29 come out!

Roseangelo
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not missing volume 4, so I could care less when/if it comes back.

If you like it, great. But with the new movie out now, which is full of the aspects and elements that I LOVE about the TMNT, it really just saddens me to look at volume 4 and see none of that. I'd really prefer a brand new title with a fresh writing/penciling team.

CyberCubed
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I actually re-read Volume 4 and all 28 issues over the last weekend and the pacing generally is very good. The problem is how the book is released, but once you have all the comics at your fingertips, the story really progresses quick and its very enjoyable.

And Peter Laird HAS resolved a lot of the story arcs going on:

- April's story is all but resolved, and is further explored upon in Tales.

- Don's story with the mutated Utroms and talking dino's is resolved, he just needs to return to his normal size.

- Raph's story with the Vampires is "almost" resolved, since they captured a whole bunch of Vampires in the previous issue and are studying them. I assume Raph will be turned back to normal after the next couple of issues.

- That demon alien was captured and arrested, so that storyline will probably be resolved once the next issue comes out.

The only story arcs still going on is Leo's and Mike's. Leo's is generally the most interesting since we still don't know why those Aztec warriors are killing the Foot, what this mystic book is that's controlling Karai, and why there is an "Oroku Yoshi" in the Battle Nexus.

Mike's story drags, but with him teaming up with the Triceratons I have a feeling they're going to pay the Regenta and her kind a visit shortly.

The Shelf
04-11-2007, 11:09 AM
but once you have all the comics at your fingertips, the story really progresses quick and its very enjoyable.

Maybe this is why I like Vol. 4 so much more than most people. I just got into it a few weeks ago so I never had to wait two months between issues.

Buslady
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
They put the main story on hold while movie stuff was going on, hopefully soon it'll be back in serivce and we'll get more cause Raph's gotta get back to NORMAL!!!!

Writers block?!?!? Hell if he's got writers block, Peter should as US for ideas.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
04-11-2007, 05:12 PM
They put the main story on hold while movie stuff was going on, hopefully soon it'll be back in serivce and we'll get more cause Raph's gotta get back to NORMAL!!!!

Writers block?!?!? Hell if he's got writers block, Peter should as US for ideas.

Yeeeaaaah. That'll turn out nicely.