PDA

View Full Version : The... ask each other thread.

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh look another Ask ____ thread did get made but this one is a bit different. This game is to help us all get to know each other better. Ask questions to learn more about your fellow crazies or even a specific crazy if you like just make sure to answer some yourself. ^_~

I'll start...

What are you most proud of?

MadPirateBunny
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
(edit: er ... nevermind) :D

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
probably my first degree because I had to overcome a ton of personal things.

What is the book that you remembered the most as a child?

MadPirateBunny
04-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Rebecca of sunny brook farm

What do you want to be when you grow up

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Rich? Well that's what I always said when they asked me in school as a kid. >_>

Are you close with your family?

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
A baker! Really i do! I want to open a bakery!

Do you want to make the best halloween costume ever?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I am close to my family emotionally but not in distance.

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I always make a big deal out of Halloween. In fact our house is well known in our neighborhood for our big halloween displays. The kids around here call us "the witches" because of it. And even call my best friend/roomate's husband "Mr. Witches" ^_^'

What is your favorite holiday?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanksgiving

what is your favorite vacation spot?

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 05:26 PM
( Ack! Why do i post so late i'll never get over that!)

The lake.

What do you want to for this year's anime con?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I have never been to a comic convention.

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Attend.

What member of your family (Mom, Dad, etc.) do you get along with most?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
my dad...we are relatively similar.

any pets?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Hehe... well I live with 19 cats, 2 dogs, a rat, and a tarantula...

You?

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
have cats dogs

Have you ever been to south boston?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Nope.

Ever travelled to a different state?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
oh boy

I have had 5 turtles, 3 newts, fish, 7 horses, 9 dogs, a guinea pig.

Right now, I live with a dog. My entire family has 5 dogs, 3 cats, 28 buffalo, a goat, some fish and turtles, 4 cows, and 4 horses.

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
oh boy

I have had 5 turtles, 3 newts, fish.

Right now, I live with a dog. My entire family has 5 dogs, 3 cats, 28 buffalo, a goat, some fish and turtles, 4 cows, and 4 horses.

I don't feel so alone in the number of animals anymore. ^_^'

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh my, that seems like alot.

And no i haven't been to a different state.

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Nope.

Ever travelled to a different state?

every since one except for Alaska & Hawaii.

Internationally?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I've only gone to a few other states I haven't set foot outside of the US that I clearly remember. I was told I went to Mexico for a while I don't remember much though.

You?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
yes I have traveled internationally. Mexico, Canada, Belize, Spain & France.

If you picked a spot to travel to, where would it be?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
That would have to be either Japan or Ireland. I have always wanted to visit both places.

Where would you most like to go?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Florence :P

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
If you could meet anyone fictional or not who would it be and why?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Newton and his famous apple experiment.

you?

MadPirateBunny
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Luke Skywalker. Pre-Mara Jade.

you?

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, if i could, i would like to meet Robbie Rist.

You?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd most like to meet Sailor Saturn I think. I was really facinated by her character. *is a dork*

What is the one thing you wish you had that you don't?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
a permanent job, but working on it.

anybody else?

Magdolin
04-11-2007, 09:03 PM
The new TMNT movie on DVD! I don't have it!

Anybody else?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Normal knees... ones that work.

Anything about yourself you'd like to change?

Roseangelo
04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
My hair; I have too much of it. :P

Early bird or night owl?

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Night owl. I rarely go to bed before the sun comes up.

You?

Roseangelo
04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Total night owl. I'm never in bed before midnight, although I try not to stay up longer than 1:30.

Sunshine
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM
During spring do you spend more time inside or outside?

Cascadia
04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
varies...depends on Oregon weather. I was never a night owl until this year. If I could change about myself, it is a small personal issue that I have had all of my life.

Hobbies?

MadPirateBunny
04-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Reading. Writing. Sewing. Scrapbooking Crossword puzzles. Oh goodness. I sound like an old sot. I must do something hyper and exhuberant. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe. I ... ohoh. I know. I game! I like D&D and fantasy and modern and I can't sit still! YAY!!!!

You?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I collect rocks, minerals, fossils, shells, and have a 10 million year old meteorite. One of my fossils is a piece of a turtle shell, which is 1.5 million years old. I play the trombone and competed in horse shows. Did I cover my bases? Yep. :D

favorite foods?

MadPirateBunny
04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Pizza {duh. hehe} Grandma's cooking. Cookies. Caramel ... -drool-

There's more but I'm distracted now....

What's yours?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 01:18 AM
what starts with an "s" and turtles did not like it in the original version? You will find your answer there.

MadPirateBunny
04-12-2007, 01:25 AM
skunks? You eat skunks?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
no...:dead: sushi

What is everyone's favorite genre of music?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
edited previous post.

Katie
04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
hip hop!!! (hehehe try being THAT girl in Nashville :P)

anyone been here?

Ra
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Where, Nashville? Naw...haven't even left this rock I was born on, I'm afraid :(

What's your favorite color(s)?

Roseangelo
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
My favorite color has been green ever since I discovered the TMNT, and that's the honest truth. :D

How many scars do you have?

Ra
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh, let's see... *counts* About nine or ten. I was quite accident prone as a kid and now...I'm sort of still a clutz :P

How long is your hair?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 08:28 PM
scars...2 big ones on my right leg. In 1986, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks for a broken femur. I had a pin that went through my leg because I had a spiral break. Internal scars, I probably have 8--all from horseback riding accidents.

side note: My favorite colors: purple, maroon, navy, and hunter green. Mainly maroon, navy, and hunter green when they are put together. My hair brushes my shoulders.

Does anybody else have any scars?

Roseangelo
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I have two scars. One from when I was a baby; I got sick and they had to put a tube in my ankle so I wouldn't die and the other from 2000 when I had foot surgery to correct a bunion.

My hair is just past my shoulders right now; not quite yet long enough for it to be so annoying that I decide to get it cut.

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
what color is everyone's hair?

Ra
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Mine is a "sun kissed" brown. It used to be a normal brown, but then I started getting these high lights from the sun. However, I've always wanted a few dark red streaks in there somewhere...

If you could have one wish, what would it be?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
be an animal whisperer. My hair is brown with red and copper highlights.

anyone else?

Ra
04-12-2007, 11:00 PM
My wish? For the rest of my high school/university life to go on by without a fuss. Really, I just want to be successful at life, and the best way to do that is to get good marks in high school, if not, university.

What are/were you like in high school?

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I was a pretty quiet and studious student. I played the trombone in my high school band. I took 6 years of honors science courses which required the student to form and conduct his/her own experiment in each course. I also competed in horse shows.

you?

Ra
04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm like the transfer student that escaped from the asylum down the road. I'm pretty wild, I say random things when I feel like it and I like to liven things up a bit. Let's just say to the general eye of my high school, I'm a very strange person :lol: But to my friends, I'm all that and more. I liven up conversations, I give people a reason to talk, and I'm a good source of infomation in regards to entertainment. Heck, they never knew about the TMNT movie until I told them about it 6 months before it was being released :lol:

I play the cello, I do fencing (which I'm not so good at *laughs*), and I'm currently working towards becoming a Graphic Artist or someone who works with computers and arts.

Cascadia
04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
cool...If it makes you feel any better, I was not very good with my trombone, which I still have. In college, I was the same person as I was in high school....quiet and reserved. It took me 6 years to get my first degree because I had 2 majors and a minor, in which all 3 were in one subject (not hard to figure out).

Ra
04-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Hehe, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Ah well... *practices her fencing lunges and falls flat on her face*

What is your life dream? Anyone? Mine is to get a job as a character designer for a popular game or cartoon/movie/comic. Just something fun and artistic to do...

Katie
04-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Copper hair.

Everyone knows about my most infamous scar....or they can go look up the thread (actually except for itching like crazy.....the scar is not as bad as I would have thought on the entrance...and because of stiches, almost faded on the exit :D ) I got mountian biking scars...and motorcycle scars too :P

In highschool I was one of the invisible masses. In my highschool if you were not an AP student, you didn't matter. I could have been I suppose, but.....bah. I was lazy. college=much better.

my life dream? To be someone's everything and have the family life I always wanted....I'm boring :( well, that and maybe my own pet store. I loved my days as a manager in a pet store :D

Swany
04-13-2007, 07:02 AM
I have plain brown hair shoulder length hair. Its actually starting to look kinda scraggly at the bottom. It needs cut

As for scars, a few chicken pox scars, and one on the end of my index finger form when I sliced it open on a letter box. Plus a big white circle on my ankle when I got a rose thorn lodged in there. Thats it really, probably a few I dont know about.

In high school, I've got my own group of friends. sometimes talk to the more popular kids, but not often, I jst try to be nice to everyoneI coem across.

Life dream, at the moment I guess it would just be to get over some of my silly fears and just enjoy myself. For example, I've never been on a rollercoaster. But woule like to. It sounds silly but its something I feel I have to do.

What do you get up to on your days off?

Sunshine
04-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Wow I missed a lot in this thread. I am not awake enough to answer right now but I'll respond to stuff after sleep thing. *nod nod*

Cascadia
04-13-2007, 11:43 AM
in terms of my life dream, I am almost there...science teacher. It will be a tough life but meaningful and noble.

bullet
04-13-2007, 12:36 PM
my hair is down to about...right underneath my chin in front of my ears and tapered up to my ears in the back. black. it's been deep blue and brown before...but i decided to go back to my natural color.

scars, lotsa them, mostly on my legs. one that remains on my elbow. most of'm on legs came from blading, embarassing falls, tripping like a moron, jumping into a bench playing bball, etc. except this really big one on my kneecap that came from my mom literally dragging me along the asphalt when i was maybe 5-6. other than that one, most others have faded to an extent.

in highschool, i wasn't really aware of who was popular or not. but i can attest that the AP students def. had a close bond, because the class sizes ranged from 15-20. i was actually kicked out of 2 of my honors classes but then i skipped ahead and took senior classes in my juni year and i got into AP..but ended up as a terrible student anyway. we'd all ditch after lunch cuz we felt there was no need to go back to class. i'm the dude that comes in like 15 min after the bell rang with my lunch unfinished. i loved AP english but ion think the teacher liked me very much, lol, prolly for good reason. sadly, can't say that i was nice. but i think i've changed a lot since highschool. i've been opened up a lot, become a lot less arrogant and temperamental. though i'm still prone to violent outbursts of anger due to an inherently short fuse. :evilgrin:

my life dream is to field in criminal investigation. dedicated criminologist, basically. i don't need to be filthy rich or anything, and i won't be...lol. i'm more interested in the psychological aspect of crimes, the pathology of deviant behavior...moreso than the sociological aspect. i'm currently a uni student majoring in psychology with a minor in sociology. used to be a psych/law double major but switched because i felt sociology was more relevant and helpful to me in this field.

i paint a lot on my days off. a lot more than i used to. i'm always sketching now it seems. i also blade at various rinks around here, as well as at school...the beach, anywhere i happen to be at the time...since my blades are always resting in the trunk of my car. i go clubbin on occasion or just hang around the pizza place right beneath my apartment and play pool. other than that, i also post here (recently) and try to get my site up again. but i'm too lazy for that to ever get done. :D

Magdolin
04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh, let's see... *counts* About nine or ten. I was quite accident prone as a kid and now...I'm sort of still a clutz :P

How long is your hair?

I have two scars. One from when I was a baby; I got sick and they had to put a tube in my ankle so I wouldn't die and the other from 2000 when I had foot surgery to correct a bunion.

My hair is just past my shoulders right now; not quite yet long enough for it to be so annoying that I decide to get it cut.

what color is everyone's hair?

Mine is a "sun kissed" brown. It used to be a normal brown, but then I started getting these high lights from the sun. However, I've always wanted a few dark red streaks in there somewhere...

If you could have one wish, what would it be?

be an animal whisperer. My hair is brown with red and copper highlights.

anyone else?

I have hair that comes to the end of my back. And it's really dark brown, if you had to, you could call it black. And i hope to get it a little bit past my hips.

Cascadia
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
on my days off, I am out playing with Pepper, who is my rescued Whippet-mix. He is 10 years old but acts like a spring chicken.

Magdolin
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Aww....i bet that makes you happy. ^__^

Sunshine
04-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Hobbies - I collect stones and gems, do some art, occaisionally write, and roleplay.

Favorite foods - Steak, pizza, nearly any italian food, roast beef, turkey. (Yes I have a lot of favorites.)

Favorite color - Purple

Scars - I have over 30 scars.

Hair - My hair is down past the middle of my back and my natural hair color is blonde but it's been black, green, blue, and red.

If I could have one wish - I would wish to be perfectly healthy for the rest of my life. I have a lot of health problems and it sadly makes it nearly impossible for me to do many things.

What was I like in high school - I was a quiet kind of dorky girl but I was more of a bad girl then most people knew... for one thing I spent most of my high school days... somewhere else. I got into a lot of trouble.

I don't really have "days off" the only work I do at the moment is cleaning the house. But usually hang out with my best friend/roomate and do things like post here, rp, and play WoW.

If you could have one super power what power would you want?

Cascadia
04-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Aww....i bet that makes you happy. ^__^ He is a joy...

bullet
04-13-2007, 11:20 PM
if i could have superpowers i'd be like bobby drake...it'd be cool to travel by demolecularization. oh and the freezing everything i touch deal's kinda cool too :P

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 12:14 AM
I'd like to have the power to heal people. cause then i could heal everbody that got hurt.:)

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Thank you...I would like to get rid of my two ugly scars. They are about 6 inches long.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Thank you...I would like to get rid of my two ugly scars. They are about 6 inches long.

Aww...i'm so sorry....* Feels bad for*

How'd it happen?

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 01:56 AM
In 1986, I was seven at the time. I had a broken femur, spiral break, and I had to be in the hospital for 3 weeks with a pin in my leg. The scars are from the pin. I remember that day very well, when the doctor put the pin in my leg, I let out a huge scream. After the hospital, I was a body cast for the entire summer on my back. That was not a good summer.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Awww.....I bet you couldn't stand it. I'm sorry.....

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 02:03 AM
It was not fun at all believe me. The day that the cast came off was not fun either. My legs were so thin and no muscle mass around the bones on either leg. I used swimming and horseback riding as physical therapy. I ride horses English style to this day.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Aww....you poor thing. i honestly feel for you my friend.:cry:

Do you like playing the keyboard? It makes me feel calm.

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 02:18 AM
I used to play the keyboard and trombone.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Wow! Bet that was hard with a trombone. I also like making funny stuff. Like, i have Mikey saying " Aww, i don't have to take this abuse from you. I have hundreds of people diyin' to abuse me" lol It's funny. and then i have don saying " It's official, i'm a fat loser." I like it a lot.

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 02:37 AM
The trombone was not terribly difficult. This is a picture of what my trombone
looks like.

http://www.interstatemusic.com/wcsstore/InterstateMusic/ims/ipf/FBO42BO.jpg

Lycanth
04-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Wow, I have no idea what to answer!!

Hobbies: reading, writing, music, chasing after my kids :P

Hair: brushes my backside, lol. I have to swing it over my shoulder to sit down!

Scars: I have several large ones and tons of teensy ones. My largest is around 8 inches or so?

Swany
04-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Trombone looks cool. I can't play any instuments. I earned a wee bit of jeyboard at school and used to play drums but I wasn't that good at either of them. But I do have a keyboard upstairs and learned "Loch Lomond" for the right hand. I can't get the chords though.

As for a super power. Definetly flight. Ever scince I flew with the ATC.

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I was not perfect with my trombone but it was fun to play.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Ahh...i see... Do you like The Three Stooges?

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
believe it or not, I have not watch the Three Stooges.

Magdolin
04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh. Wait here. * Is searching for DVD*

* Finds* Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3s8sEYzHWQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxao54hXQmU&NR=1

I hope you like them.:)

Sunshine
04-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone else ever feel like their house is just going to... suddenly blow away? >_>'

MadPirateBunny
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I've felt like my tent was. That count?

Sunshine
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
It's cold and windy here. I didn't really sleep last night because the siding kept banging. ~_~'

Swany
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
The weather here hs been nice. (For a change, Its usually thunder storms at this time of year)

Magdolin
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
It's really windy here. Really bad wind at that. All of our power went out because of it.

Cascadia
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
It is off and on here...typical Oregonian weather. Partly cloudy with a chance of rain and shine.

Sunshine
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
It's been below average temperatures here for about a month now. The weather says it's supposed to warm up again after this storm passes... but it looks like that's gonna be in a few days.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 12:30 AM
it is raining here and of course, the water ends up at my front door.

Katie
04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Two Words: Hurricane Ivan.

What's the best vacation you've been on.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
It is snowing outside of my window. :o :o

Magdolin
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Really? And does the water really pile up at your door? I'm sorry bet when you get wet feet.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 08:30 PM
It really does....the parking lot in the apartment complex has a slope right to my door. I have a good inch of water at my door. Here is my weather conditions:

Periods of rain and snow. Low 31F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

It appears to be like this until Friday morning.

bullet
04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
best vacation i've been on isn't anywhere else but here in the states, to alaska. i just love the it's-sunny-but-still-60-degrees weather and the fact that for a few months you don't ever see sunset...or sunrise, for that matter. i remember the first night there...we were playing cards up till like 3 AM and not realizing that it's past 7 PM cuz the sun never went down.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
nods....in the summer up here...it gets dark at 10 PM and the sun comes rolling in at 4 AM. I am halfway between the equator and the North Pole.

Magdolin
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Ah man. that seems bad, the weather. Man.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
but I am indoors working so it does not really bother me until I have to walk Pepper.

Magdolin
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Ahh.....I like talking to you. It's fun.:D Really.:)

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Thank you.. :D I am currently working on three of my college courses (bullies & victims, exceptional students, and literacy).

Magdolin
04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Ahh....I'm talking to two people.:D Hard, but i am doing it.:D I mean i should say i'm talking to three.:)

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 09:41 PM
it is not too hard to do. ;)

Magdolin
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Hai! Not too hard.

Mikey: Hehe, suckers! The hand is quick than the eye!....Uh-oh!
Raph: I am soo gonna enjoy this! We're talkin' about a lifetime worth of get backs here!

Sunshine
04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I stop checking up on things for a couple days while I do major work around the house and the thread goes all off topic. >_> I'll fix it... maybe...

The best vacation I ever went on was when I went to florida and got to go to disney world and Universal studios. It was a ton of fun.

What is your favorite game?

Cascadia
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
That depends on what type of game.

Board--Apples to Apples
PC/video game--Tetris, Bejeweled or any other type of strategy game

What are your favorite TV shows?

Roseangelo
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Favorite TV right now:
Doctor Who
Lost
Conan O'Brien (I'm seeing him live in San Francisco on the 2nd! YAY!)

Cascadia
04-20-2007, 11:37 PM
mine right now is Are you smarter than a 5th grader
Deal or No Deal

do you have any questions for us, Rosie?

Roseangelo
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Question, question, question...

Oh! Got one!

What's your biggest claim to fame?

zkarlette
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
I totally love Conan!! you're sooo.. lucky!!! S.F plus Conan nothing beats that ... good luck;)

Sitcoms or Prime time Dramas?

Cascadia
04-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I unintentionally put a stop in my hometown when they decided to place a landfill half a mile away from my house. It all started when I moved to a town outside of Houston. My parents found out that the potential placement of a landfill, which became a nightly dinner topic. When I reached high school, I developed a 3-year long science project about the old landfill that was closed in 1990. About 2-3 years ago, the city council found out about my research and learned about it...they ultimately canceled all plans to place a new one.

What are your favorite books to read?

Roseangelo
04-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, that's impressive!!

My biggest claim to fame is that I have a close-up in a movie. I was just an extra, but I ended up standing next to one of the actual actors and when she got a close-up, so did I. :P

My favorite books in general are sci-fi/fantasy. Favorite book of all time is Watership Down.

Cascadia
04-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Thank you...yours is impressive too.

bullet
04-20-2007, 11:59 PM
read? other than tmnt comics? :tgrin:

i don't read much, not much of a reader, just whatever needs to be read for my classes. but of the books i did read of my own will, i liked thriller/detective stuff...favorites being still life with crows and the closers.

Cascadia
04-21-2007, 12:01 AM
right now, it is mainly stuff for my classes and they are not scientifically related. But on a normal basis, I like some fiction other than my science.

Sunshine
04-21-2007, 03:33 AM
I have no "claim to fame" really.

Favorite TV shows are
TMNT 2k3 and fast forward
And Whose line is it anyway
(That is all because I don't have TV)

Sitcoms.

I don't read often but the last serious reading I did was when I sat down and read all of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novels (that have been released so far.

What is your favorite Disney movie?

bullet
04-21-2007, 03:42 AM
this prolly doesn't count..because it's a re-release by disney of a studio ghibli masterpiece that i've loved before i could walk. but it's nausicaa of valley of the wind by miyazaki. actually, most anything by ghibli would top my favorite movies/animations list.

for a real disney one, i'd have to think about that...haven't watched too many disney films other than the classic cartoons.

Ra
04-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Hm, my favorite Disney movie? Does "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" count? :embarass: If you mean animated, then I'm going to gun for either "The Lion King" or "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas". I also liked "Lilo and Stitch" quite a bit, if that counts too.

Sunshine
04-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Well I wasn't really specific I meant animated but non works too. I love a lot of them but one of my favorites since I was little has always been the Little Mermaid. I could of recited every line for the entire movie exactly word for word one year after it came out in theaters. And I didn't see it till it hit video...

Swany
04-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Thats a toughie, I loved a lot of disney movies. But its between Pocahontas, Lilo and stitch, The lion king (I didnt cry watching that till I was 14 XD) and the fox and the hound. (Tim Burton did some animation for that. He hated it)

Cascadia
04-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Mine would have to be Lion King and some of the classic Disney movies.

What is your favorite movie of all time and why?

Sunshine
04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I honestly can't say... I have too many movies that I love but I can try to make a small list of some of them...

Horror/Scary: The 6th sense, several of the Nightmare on elm street movies, Scream...

Funny: The first and second turtles movies (I haven't seen the new one and I didn't really like 3), Mulan, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Blue collar comedy tour, Army of Darkness, Idle hands...

Tearjerkers: What dreams may come, Homeward bound, Jack, there are more but I am having a brain fart...

Anime: All the Sailor Moon movies, all the Inuyasha movies, The Utena movie (although the series is MUCH better)

And those are all the ones that come to mind right now but I am leaving a lot out...

Magdolin
04-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Aww...i have a lot of movies too.

Cascadia
04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
mine would have to be science movies because they are fun to analyze. Hollywood rarely gets science 100% correct. They would get bits & pieces of it correct but they would stretch the concepts.

Day After Tomorrow
Twister
Dante's Peak
10.5 series

just to name a few.

I could use the TMNT movies & shows in the classroom. ;)

Magdolin
04-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh! Wow! Here's some of mine.

silly: TMNT the movie, TMNT II the secret of the ooze, TMNT III.

What i watch: The new toon of the TMNT, old toon of the TMNT.

I have more than that, but i have so many, that i don't want you to die of boredom.:P

bullet
04-22-2007, 01:01 AM
in no particular order off the top of my head would be..

tmnt the movie & tmnt (the 2k7 movie)
the others
imaginary heroes
munich
hero
internal affairs
cellular

can't think of any other favs atm, just came back from watching disturbia and that thing pretty much cleared my head (in a bad way).

Swany
04-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I prefer books to movies but-
Little Nicky
Zoolander
Hot fuzz
Shaun of the dead
Silent Hill

Books-
Gutair Girl (cried at the end)
Lets get lost (Cried at the end)
A child called it (too shocked to cry)
Someone like you
Vegan Virgin Valentine

...To name a few. Anyone else have any favorite books?

Cascadia
04-22-2007, 12:17 PM
other than what is required to be read for my classes, that is very hard to say. All of my bookshelves (4 sets) have either science or education books. I only have a couple of books that are anything but the two mentioned.

Magdolin
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Ahh.....i'm sorry.:( It's all good though. Right?

Cascadia
04-23-2007, 12:43 AM
My books are good but complex. Some of them put me to sleep particularly some of my science textbooks.

MadPirateBunny
04-24-2007, 12:46 AM
I just finished with the 14th book of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. The 15th book is due out in a month or two. Or is that the 16th?

Thing is, if I'm reading, I'm not writing and vice-versa. Which means as I've taken the last few months to read the series, I haven't really written anything. Though I'm interested in Sci Freaks story....

Sunshine
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I just finished with the 14th book of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. The 15th book is due out in a month or two. Or is that the 16th?

Thing is, if I'm reading, I'm not writing and vice-versa. Which means as I've taken the last few months to read the series, I haven't really written anything. Though I'm interested in Sci Freaks story....

SQUEE! *pounce* I don't know when the next one comes out but I love that series my roomate got me reading it then she got mad cause I read the enitre thing including some she hadn't read yet. We even got to meet Laurell K in person she did a book signing at our local mall and we went to it. It was great! My roomate was SO nervous. But it was great we even have a couple copies of a special "news paper" they were giving out at the signing that feature stories about a few areas and things from the books. Ity's only a small newspaper but it was really well done!

MadPirateBunny
04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I met RA Salvatore and got his sig. He write the Drizzt books and the underdark series.

I also met Kevin J Anderson, several times. He has written several of the Jedi books. He's cool and even signed not only a book or two but the comics he worked on as well. :D {His wife has the same name as me. hehe}

Some day I want to meet Laurel. That would be cool! Have you been to her web site? She has a blog even. I use to collect the books until I figured out I could check them out of the library for free. Hehe And did you know there's a few short stories that she wrote as well, like one in a book with others called Byte? :D
When I started reading the series I wanted to be Ronnie. Not now. Blah. Hehe.

Cascadia
04-24-2007, 10:59 PM
What is your least favorite book?

MadPirateBunny
04-24-2007, 11:03 PM
hmmm. I tend to remember the good ones and chuck the bad ones. *shrug*
sorry.

Revan
04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Question for anyone and everyone

Was achilles a spartan? Unfortunately my knowlege of greek mythology is quite limited. Most of what I know comes from the movie troy. I think he fought with the spartan army at the battle of troy but was he a Spartan?

Sunshine
04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I have no idea Neutrino. And I don't remember any books I didn't like really... *shrug*

Magdolin
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Any of you played games? Like, Chrono cross? God, i love Chrono cross. It's kind of a sad game. I'm listening to some of the music from it.

bullet
04-26-2007, 12:25 AM
that's a really vague question hahha...but DUH i'm a gamefreak :P

i play mostly fps, fighters and racers...with a lotta action rpg and stuff thrown in. oh and i'm big on simlulation, can't forget simulation...like ddr, itg, beatmania iidx...etc.

Cascadia
04-26-2007, 01:28 AM
I am not playing with videogames very often. I have a few, a couple for my PS2 and some for my laptop.

Sunshine
04-26-2007, 04:15 AM
I like a lot of games. One of my all time favorites in Lunar for the playstation.
I'd type more but it's hard to type with one hand. i hurt the other one. I sort of got into a major fight with my sister tonight and... well... I may be in a lot of trouble. (we are both adults and it ended up getting physical)

Any of you ever ended up in a physical fight before?

bullet
04-26-2007, 05:26 AM
sorry to hear that sunshine. hope you guys can come to some sorta reconciliation without you getting into much trouble.

and to the question...before highschool, yeah. went to a stupid school and had anger issues, i pretty much hated all but like 5 people at one point so a lotta conflicts surfaced. when i got to middleschool the angst pretty much went away and i mellowed out somewhat. don't remember any fights in highschool...my personality changed a lot and i got along with most people...though i've been known to throw tennis rackets at people after school games. these violent tendencies...they run in the family. :P

though...there was this fight i had with my best bro last summer that ended up with me literally chasing him up the stairs with a bat. of course i never actually took a swing at him...but that scared the sh!t out of both of us...especially me.

Sunshine
04-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah I really lost my temper last night and I'm afraid I may get into trouble because I did trick her to get her to meet me but I didn't plan for things to end up in a physical fight. I just wanted to talk to her. But I was angry I found out she was hiding information from me for over a year about my "husband" (yes I am at least according to the paperwork still married) he took off and abandoned me years ago and I've been trying to track him down ever since so that I can get a divorce. And she had been in contact with him for over a year and I was really mad. It ended up in a brief physical fight and I hurt my hand during it and had to talk to the police afterwards.

Magdolin
04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Ouch! I'm sorry....I wish there was something i could do. Me and my sister don't do that kind of stuff. I mean, we fight. But we just yell. Thats all. Then, we just aplogize...

Sunshine
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
My sister has a long history of mental problems and I've always tried to avoid really hitting her in the past. She used to get violent often and even was "hospitalized" for a while after once threatening to kill the enitre family in our sleep. She stopped being so violent after she got past her teenage years. But me not knowing where he is has kept me from being able to get a divorce so by not telling me she was stopping me from moving on with my life. So when it turned physical I guess all those years of trying not to really hit her caught up with me and... yeah... but on the bright side my hand is doing a lot better and I haven't been arrested yet. ^_^'

Magdolin
04-29-2007, 12:17 AM
O_O Gosh! I'm glad your hands doing better. ^__^ Cheer up...

Cascadia
04-29-2007, 12:25 PM
If someone would describe your personality would it be?

Sunshine
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Loud. No wait... I don't honestly know how other people would describe me really but I feel I am a kind and friendly person who just happens to be a bit crazy and overly talkative sometimes. ^_^'

bullet
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
hmm...lazy, spontaneous, (annoyingly) curious, very short-fused? looks like there's nothing good, lol. well, i'm loyal and imaginative does that count? :P

Ra
05-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Hm, strange, crazy, lovable, loyal, random, artistic, a bit of a nut...yeah, basically your average lovable crazy, I guess :P

MadPirateBunny
05-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Mwuahahahahaha!

Sunshine
05-07-2007, 03:27 PM
No I didn't die or anything I've just been super busy. (taking a small break right now)

What is the craziest thing you've ever done? I think the craziest thing I've ever done is dying my hair orange... I am gonna blind a neighbor I just know it....

PsychoticBambi
05-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Craziest thing I've ever done?.....

Hmm.. I guess it would be convincing myself that the Harry Potter world was real and that it was all a big conspiracy ( See, I'd convinced myself that J.K. Rowling was just a journalist form the magical world, who had tried to spill the beans on the magical world to all the 'muggles', however, everyone just thought it was fiction so the ministry of magic kept it on the shelves to avoid any further incident. )
That's not the worst of it though :embarass:

Convinced as I was, I questioned my friend (who was a year older than me, 11 at the time) about it, completely out of the blue, I told her that I /knew/ about the conspiracy and she could tell me about how she went to Hogwarts.....

.... We've not really been in contact since then :embarass: :sweatdro: :embarass:
^_____^;;

Anyone else?

MadPirateBunny
05-12-2007, 09:07 AM
So, how is everyone doing this morning?

Cascadia
05-12-2007, 01:34 PM
doing alright...I got to write some lesson plans this weekend.

Swany
05-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Video games - JakII, Jak 3, Jak X, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank (I cant find the first Jak and Daxter game anywhere) Plus various GTA games, a few Tony hawk games, simpsons skateboarding. And the Sims (Holiday, hot date, pets, superstar, house party)

Personality- (heh. *toots own horn*) a worrier, friendly, forgiving, loving, helpful, trusting (too trusting), loyal.

Craziest thing I've ever done. Letting off a foam fire extinguisher in a small room. It went EVERYWHERE! Oh god, I nearly got my family kicked out the caravan site for that. It was mortifiying at the time (mum went mental) but its bloody funny now.