PDA

View Full Version : TMNT New York Pilgramage

cyberfox007
04-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey guys, on a future trip to new york id like to take a pilgrimage to the sites and places where the TMNT films took place like where they filmed 11th and bleaker, where raph chases down the goons and so forth.

can the TMNT fans here give me any locations in and around manhattan? thanx in advance.

Time Mistress
04-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure about movie sites but, if you get the urge to look for some TMNT comics in NYC check out Jim Hanley's Universe at 4 West 33rd St. It's basically within the bottom block of the Empire State Building which of course is a must if you've never been up in what is now the tallest building in NYC again. You can see it in every skyline shot of 2k3. The TMNT thought it a must to show to Gen and Usagi when they visited. It's only a short walk from there to Madison Square Gardens, take a look around there, maybe even take if a wresting match (you'd do Raph proud.) Be sure to pick up a hot dog from a street vendor (a must for any NYC vistor according to Mikey). They pick up some TMNT action figures at FAO Schwartz. Those are just a few ways I know of to make your trip more turtley.:)

TheAnimatedSeries
04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure about movie sites but, if you get the urge to look for some TMNT comics in NYC check out Jim Hanley's Universe at 4 West 33rd St. It's basically within the bottom block of the Empire State Building which of course is a must if you've never been up in what is now the tallest building in NYC again. You can see it in every skyline shot of 2k3. The TMNT thought it a must to show to Gen and Usagi when they visited. It's only a short walk from there to Madison Square Gardens, take a look around there, maybe even take if a wresting match (you'd do Raph proud.) Be sure to pick up a hot dog from a street vendor (a must for any NYC vistor according to Mikey). They pick up some TMNT action figures at FAO Schwartz. Those are just a few ways I know of to make your trip more turtley.:)

I cant think of a better thing than to be able to buy hotdogs from the a guy on the street. I would goto NY just to walk around eating stuff.

Gothamite
04-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Then pick up some TMNT action figures at FAO Schwartz.

FAO Schwartz was a huge disappointment for me when I was there. I went there looking for Batman Begins figures and all they had were some huge $100 statues. Other than that, the toys were all crap. All they had were kiddies' stuff like teddy bears and spinning tops. :ohwell:

raphdude
04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
QUOTE=cyberfox007;497186]Hey guys, on a future trip to new york id like to take a pilgrimage to the sites and places where the TMNT films took place like where they filmed 11th and bleaker, where raph chases down the goons and so forth.

can the TMNT fans here give me any locations in and around manhattan? thanx in advance.[/QUOTE]

Cyberfox,

From TMNT2

Ray's Pizza W11th and 6th.

April's apartment

157 Spring St, near Broadway in Soho.

From TMNT 1

Central Park West and W. 61-63

Where Raph trips over thugs to get old woman's purse back.

Critters Movie Theater:

Gone but now site of AOL Time Warner Headquarters, W. 60 and Broadway Columbus Circle.

Hope this helps!

Buslady
04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey guys, on a future trip to new york id like to take a pilgrimage to the sites and places where the TMNT films took place like where they filmed 11th and bleaker, where raph chases down the goons and so forth.

can the TMNT fans here give me any locations in and around manhattan? thanx in advance.

Just walk around central park, you'll recognise the sidewalk. i think they filmed the tripping of the goons near the artsyfartsy museum.

BUT the fight scene with Case was in a totally different place.

Zachatello00
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
You may also want to trek over to the Museum of American History (smithsonian) in DC. When last I visited, they had Mikey's costume from TMNT 3 as well as a few other cool TMNT artifacts.

Cascadia
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Have fun in New York City...I had some fun when I went 6 years ago.

Tinuvielsdreams
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
QUOTE=cyberfox007;497186]Hey guys, on a future trip to new york id like to take a pilgrimage to the sites and places where the TMNT films took place like where they filmed 11th and bleaker, where raph chases down the goons and so forth.

Cyberfox,

From TMNT2

Ray's Pizza W11th and 6th.

April's apartment

157 Spring St, near Broadway in Soho.

From TMNT 1

Central Park West and W. 61-63

Where Raph trips over thugs to get old woman's purse back.

Critters Movie Theater:

Gone but now site of AOL Time Warner Headquarters, W. 60 and Broadway Columbus Circle.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Great info :) next time I am in NYC I will have to make it up to Soho, last time I didn't get a chance to.

Raph
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know the location where Raph rolls over the cab while chasing Casey

And the building where the end battle with Shredder takes place?

What about the subway and where April leaves the studio in her yellow raincoat

(I'd better not ask for the sewer locations :D:D)

Time Mistress
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
FAO Schwartz was a huge disappointment for me when I was there. I went there looking for Batman Begins figures and all they had were some huge $100 statues. Other than that, the toys were all crap. All they had were kiddies' stuff like teddy bears and spinning tops. :ohwell:

Well if FAO doesn't work out anymore, there's also the new huge TRU in Time's Square instead.