PDA

View Full Version : "How many times?" or "Time to weigh in"

gobo
04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I just got back from my fifth viewing of TMNT. I've now toppled Independence Day as the movie I've seen the most times in theaters. However, I'm starting to wonder how many times I was brought (sort of against my will, but I wasn't old enough to care) to see an encore of E.T. during the Halloween season... But, still, TMNT is the only one I've seen of my own volition more than four times. ^_^

How about everbuddy else? O.o Let's hear how much you contributed to their box office run.

Roseangelo
04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I saw it for the 9th time today. My goal is 10, but I'll continue to see it each weekend for as long as I can find a theater playing it.

My all-time record, though, is Star Wars Episode I, which I saw 13 times in the theater.

Jester
04-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Twice, but I do wanna go again.

Ecto Jedi
04-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw it for the 9th time today. My goal is 10, but I'll continue to see it each weekend for as long as I can find a theater playing it.

My all-time record, though, is Star Wars Episode I, which I saw 13 times in the theater.

Wow, now that's dedication.

Spitfire
04-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I saw it 3 times. But the third time I noticed some errors.

The scene where Raph and Casey are on the roof is first. It shows the general notice them and then Raph moves Casey to dodge the needle then all of a sudden their running away and Raph has a disk in his back. Which we DONT see Gato throw or see hit Raph it's just there all of a sudden and I know it was supposed to be in the movie because its in the preview.

Also theres a scene where they show Winters in the room with all the monsters and there's 10 in the room but later they capture the vampire and say there's still 3 more to get. Later they talk to Winter's and tell him two remain and it shows them locking the 11th monster up*But it's really the 12th* They then capture Leo and Jersey Devil. Well the last monster is the big fish one. So they captured 14 monsters total. Technically it doesn't show them capture them all so that part is right but the scene with 10 cages and 3 missing throws it all off because in reality they still needed 4 more not 3.

Jester
04-14-2007, 10:24 PM
And how are they gonna cage the last, freaking huge monster anyway?

Spitfire
04-14-2007, 10:25 PM
And how are they gonna cage the last, freaking huge monster anyway?

Yeah it bugged me how all the cages were the same size but the monsters were all super big and probably wouldn't have all fit in the same size cages.

gobo
04-14-2007, 10:25 PM

Wow, now that's dedication.
I'll say. I'd be approaching 10 too if I could drive. :ohwell: But, 13?? Dang.

Roseangelo
04-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I'll say. I'd be approaching 10 too if I could drive. :ohwell: But, 13?? Dang.

Well, with Star Wars I did essentially the same thing. I think I saw it 3 times by the end of opening weekend, and then once a weekend for as long as I could find a theater with it. But Star Wars played longer and I saw TMNT more times by the end of opening weekend (five).

Thing with this movie is that this is the first TMNT movie in my lifetime where I've been old enough to drive (not to mention owning a car) AND had a job with which I can pay for multiple viewings. And, with a sequel not guaranteed, it could be the last time I have this opportunity. So I'm not going to miss the chance, is basically what it comes down to. :)

KROW
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Erm... I just saw it the one time. But, if it's any consolation, I'll most likely wear out the DVD.

Courk
04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I've only seen it once, but in my defense I'm busy and poor. ;)

The most I've seen a movie in theaters is twice: LOTR (ROTK?), Finding Nemo, Pirates 1, Pirates 2. Usually those are spaced out by several weeks, too, and with a different group of people who hadn't seen the movie yet. Pirates 2 I went both times on opening weekend, and almost went a third time weeks after that.

Jo Dawn
04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I've seen it twice... But I'm poor and work alot, so I haven't been able to go as much as I'd like. I'd love to see it some more, though.

Risawn
04-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I saw it just the once, opening weekend. I do want to catch it once more before it leaves the theaters though.

But I wore a t-shirt with the original ninja turtle logo on it. Does that count?

Further discrepencies.

Somebody should have seriously researched Astronomy for this movie (as I look back, I realized this bugged me when I saw it, as I love Astronomy). Maybe this has already been debated already, but Stars Don't Move! When Winters was watching the stars the night before they were to align I was thinking "hmm, they must have another couple thousand years to go!"

But then again, I let it slide because its ninja turtles and last I checked this series wasn't really based on fact so we'll just say the stars are magic. Or something. Yeah.

Still loved the movie. Even if the plot was a little bit far fetched :) Do hope to see a sequal in the future.

Cascadia
04-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Tomorrow will be my 5th time to see the movie. The last time that I saw a movie more than once in a movie theater is when I watched Jurassic Park. Stars do not move, we do. So it appears that they move on a nightly basis.

Risawn
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Stars do not move, we do. So it appears that they move on a nightly basis.

For the nearest star being like 4 light years away, wow those stars move quite a bit in one night!

Bah, I need a screen shot. Anybody have a screen shot of the stars lining up from one night to the next? I guess I can swipe it from the comic but whatever.

*furthermore, when were stars ever that close to each other? But then again, I'm getting technical.*

zkarlette
04-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Three times.... I would love to see it again

Chase
04-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Somebody should have seriously researched Astronomy for this movie (as I look back, I realized this bugged me when I saw it, as I love Astronomy). Maybe this has already been debated already, but Stars Don't Move! When Winters was watching the stars the night before they were to align I was thinking "hmm, they must have another couple thousand years to go!"

I think the Disney movie Hercules did the 'stars align plot' as well, which shows that Hollywood doesn't care about Astronomy. haha, i joke of course.

anyways i've seen the movie 3 times. so i think that should be able to hold me over until the dvd comes out. either that or i'll go insane.:evilgrin:

TheAnimatedSeries
04-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I saw it twice. No one wanted to see it again in my dangerous crew, but I saw it again one Sunday morning by myself and I will probably go again.

I saw ROTK five times (thats like fifteen hours of the worst, but my favorite, LOTR movie), A New Hope: SE 10 times, ROTS about 7 or 8 times, and five times each for lots of other movies throughout time (Jurrasic Park, the 40Year Old Virgin, Spiderman). Whats more ridiculous is how many times I've seen movies I hate. I saw Charlies Angels: Full Throttle twice, and I'm gonna leave it at that.

I saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles twice in theaters.

Courk
04-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Off topic, but a group of my friends and I watched the extended editions of LOTR back-to-back in one day. Almost 11.5 hours of movie. I don't think I'll ever do that again.

Sage Ninja
04-15-2007, 12:40 AM
four times baby :D and each viewing increased my enjoyment of the movie!

I may go see it a fifth time, but I think I'll allow more time in between before I do.

Revan
04-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I think the Disney movie Hercules did the 'stars align plot' as well, which shows that Hollywood doesn't care about Astronomy. haha, i joke of course.

Someone please check this for me. I thought the planets aligned in Disney's version of Hercules, not the stars. The plantes aligning seems to be more logical.

Ashangelo
04-15-2007, 01:00 AM
3 times. Though I'd like to see it once more before it leaves the theatres.

Cascadia
04-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Hollywood rarely gets science 100% correct in the movies.

Seiza
04-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Everytime they show shots of the stars aligning, I think they're planets aligning. Then I'd go, "Ack! No, they said stars! ...But that doesn't make sense either!"

Movie logic, I <3 j00.

Watched the movie one time in Singapore. Sigh. Stupid university has to make April exam month. I plan to watch it again when I get home to Malaysia in May, though. Hopefully they're still showing-- according to Shark_Blade, the movie got some good reviews in Malaysia, so there's hope there!

04-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Saw the movie thrice.

Would like to watch more.

bullet
04-15-2007, 01:35 AM
3 times. will go another time tomorrow i think, if i can drag someone's ass along with me.

just curious, though, how much do movie tickets cost where you guys are? it's cost me around 30 bucks so far. if it's the same where some of you guys live...it's like, woah, you've spent 130$ on movie tickets for a single movie.

this is actually the only movie that i've seen more than twice. the last i remember seeing a movie twice was munich.

Sage Ninja
04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
five to eight bucks where I live. All depending on what time I go to see it.

jenna
04-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Off topic, but a group of my friends and I watched the extended editions of LOTR back-to-back in one day. Almost 11.5 hours of movie. I don't think I'll ever do that again.

Yeah, I did but I felt absolutely rubbish by the end! After that I spread it over 6 days.

As for TMNT - I'm on 6 times but want to cram in one more before it leaves cinemas... which means today I think.....

Seiza
04-15-2007, 04:20 AM
just curious, though, how much do movie tickets cost where you guys are? it's cost me around 30 bucks so far. if it's the same where some of you guys live...it's like, woah, you've spent 130$ on movie tickets for a single movie.
In Singapore, it's about SGD$8-9 (~ US$8-9) depending on the days you go.

In Malaysia, it's about RM9-10 (~ US$3-4), I think... I haven't been to the movies since ROTK. Yes, TMNT was my first venture back to the cinemas in several years. :P The tickets get even cheaper if you go on weekdays, and if you present your student/college cards (the latter especially not available in Singapore).

Garou
04-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Watched it five times, which is quite unusual for me. I usually never watch them more than once, because I'm too poor...

The scene where Raph and Casey are on the roof is first. It shows the general notice them and then Raph moves Casey to dodge the needle then all of a sudden their running away and Raph has a disk in his back. Which we DONT see Gato throw or see hit Raph it's just there all of a sudden and I know it was supposed to be in the movie because its in the preview.

Actually, the large stone stars are thrown right after the needles. You just barely see them in Gato's hand, the camera flashes up to see Raph and Casey from behind, and Raph jerks forward. That's when the star hits, I think. But I could be wrong. They stopped showing the english version here the 12. of April, and I haven't seen it since.

Seiza
04-15-2007, 05:10 AM
^Nope, you're right. Wasn't there a rule against shurikens or something being shown in the movie? I thought they got around that very cunningly--after Raph jerks forward from being hit by the stone stars, Casey picks up the dart, so it makes it look like Raph was only hit by darts.

But later on we obviously see the stone star stuck in his shell.

discordiatookie
04-15-2007, 07:20 AM

The first time I watched the movie, I thought this too. I'd seen the pics with the disk in Raph's shell, and when I went to see the film, I totally missed the part where he gets hit with it. I thought they must've missed it out, perhaps it was too much for PG ratings. Then when they pulled it out his back at Casey and april's place, I was thinking "Whaat? When's that get there? I only saw a dart!!" So the second time I went to see it, I watched real close and just after you see the foot shoot the darts, one of which hitting Raph, you DO see Gato throw the disk, and then you see Raph from front on, kinda get knocked forward as it hits his back. So it is there, it just happens sorta 'offscreen', a bit like some of the more serious action in the old Mirage comic books...

As for the monsters, I dunno, never noticed it myself!

And on topic, I went in to see it twice! I know that aint much compared to some fans, but my cinema is playing the film at lousy times now, when i'm at work, etc...

Crimson Kitten
04-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I've seen it twice, and I'm going to see it a third time this afternoon. This could possibly be my last time because I'm not sure I'll get a chance to see it again these next couple of weeks.

Warhorse
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I just got back from my fifth viewing of TMNT. I've now toppled Independence Day as the movie I've seen the most times in theaters. However, I'm starting to wonder how many times I was brought (sort of against my will, but I wasn't old enough to care) to see an encore of E.T. during the Halloween season... But, still, TMNT is the only one I've seen of my own volition more than four times. ^_^

How about everbuddy else? O.o Let's hear how much you contributed to their box office run.

OH, another ID4 fan here! Hello, nice to meet you, I too saw that film more times than I can count. It was a damned good year for movies. Tickets were'nt astronimically priced, the big multi plexes were something new and exciting coming out, and ID4 had the best images to sit back and enjoy everything the film going experience can offer!

I've seen TMNT 4. I'm considering seeing it a 5th time. Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts, but hey, I'm seeing it because I am a fan. And not some love sick puppy who just has to see Leonardo DiCaprio, Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp one last time:roll: (You know damn well that those movies were making the dough because it's cashing in on all the teenage girls who flock to see a movie for the eye candy again, and again and again!)

Cascadia
04-15-2007, 10:24 AM
In terms of ticket costs, during the day it is $5.25. At night, it jumps to $8.

Warhorse
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
In terms of ticket costs, during the day it is $5.25. At night, it jumps to $8.

Depends where I go. The theater that I go to the most, 5.25 for matinee, and 9.50 for the night showing. I've seen all my showings during the evening, and it does put a dent in the pocket book, after the rising costs of gas and the utilities. No wonder the movies are kind of taking a blow at the box office right now.:ohwell:

Chase
04-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Someone please check this for me. I thought the planets aligned in Disney's version of Hercules, not the stars. The plantes aligning seems to be more logical.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/34/2234/synopsis.php

ok i was wrong. Hercules does the planets align plot.

who else is sad that Pluto is no longer a planet?:cry:
it was my favorite one.

well thats way off topic so i guess no one needs to answer that.

jeff the cheff
04-15-2007, 01:48 PM
I think everyone is sad that Pluto isn't a planet.

I saw it once, but I'm at school without a car, so I can't really get to see it. If it's still in theaters in 3 weeks, I'll see it again if I find someone who wants to go.

Tinuvielsdreams
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I saw it 4 times in total and I too wish I could make someone go with me again,,, I have run out of people I haven't driven crazy enough...lol

weredog
04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I've only seen it once, and I was lucky I got to see it at all. Money's tight these days, and it came out at a time in which disposable cash was in short supply.

Of course, I saw the original film in theatres four times, and the sequels twice each. This is the first TMNT I didn't see multiple times in theatres.

iris
04-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Mostly tagging along with other people who haven't seen it yet. Each viewing has been a little different... so it's been worth it. 8)

CudleyCowlick
04-15-2007, 02:34 PM
My girlfriend and I went to see it twice (luckily she digs them too) but if it's still playing here next weekend, I'm going to see it a third time with the guys. I'll be snatching up the dvd right off the bat.

Cascadia
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
today was my fifth time and probably the best...it was sold out. It is only showing twice a day.

gobo
04-16-2007, 12:30 AM
The last time I went to see it was pretty full too. It wasn't sold out, but I hadn't seen a theater over half full all the times I went before. Another first, it was mostly moms bringing their kids to see it. One of the moms took their kid out right before the 'storm the castle' scene. I figured she was objecting to the violence. When Raph started giving his closing narration, they came back in and sat down. :lol:
who else is sad that Pluto is no longer a planet?:cry:
it was my favorite one.
I forget what state it was. I believe it was New Mexico that declared about a week ago that it is a planet. And, they're an astronomical hub of America. I guess they've all been watching the skies since The Roswell Incident. ^_^

Roseangelo
04-16-2007, 12:41 AM
today was my fifth time and probably the best...it was sold out. It is only showing twice a day.

Wow! That's awesome!!

Lycanth
04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
6 times so far!

Spitfire
04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Reason why critics piss me off sometimes

MOVIE CONSENSUS
TMNT's art direction is splendid, but the plot is non-existent and the dialogue lacks the irony and goofy wit of the earlier TMNT movies.

That's from Rotten Tomatoes. Non-existent plot? So it's okay for Aqua Teen Hunger Force to have no plot but TMNT has one and it's not okay. People's logic really baffles me sometimes.

Cascadia
04-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Wow! That's awesome!!

everybody in the movie theater appear to be having a good time.

Time Mistress
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Twice, but I'd like to make it ar least once more before Spider-Man comes out. I've never been to a single movie more than 2 or 3 times anyway. I'm more likely to wear out the DVD like some others already said.

bullet
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
That's from Rotten Tomatoes. Non-existent plot? So it's okay for Aqua Teen Hunger Force to have no plot but TMNT has one and it's not okay. People's logic really baffles me sometimes.

ahah, i rarely let movie/game reviews sway me anyway.

the thing is, the direction of this movie is much more serious than before. there weren't too much of the turtles going BODACIOUS or RIGHTEOUS...in place was a generally moody tone, except for mikey of course. that might annoy some people. i personally liked it more, though. it seems clearer than ever before that the turtles are completely distinct individuals. in previous movies, you would have donnie cracking more jokes than mikey sometimes, and leo chiming in...etc. it just didn't work to the effect of character development as much as this movie did. just my 2 cents.

Brandatello
04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
3 times for me...im lame

Splinter's Iroonna
04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
As of yesterday, six times. Considering the number of opening movies, compared with the fact there are 14 theaters in this place, there were about 28 or so of us-- MOSTLY adults, and some who had never seen it before-- I could tell by how they laughed-- the one guy above me even laughed when Splinter came in singing!

And if I'm lucky, I will get to see it a few more times.

mk.2
04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh man, you guys make me feel guilty for seeing it only just once.
Damn, mid-semester exams is next week. But, I'll find sometime to see it again.

Edit 1:
Gawd, I just checked. Tomorrow is the last day for TMNT in my state.

Edit 2:
Tomorrow is actually the last showing day for TMNT in Australia...

Edit 3:
I misunderstood. Hoyts just did not update timetable on their website. It still shows nation wide.

Mr. Snackpants
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Just once. There have been so many other movies that came out after TMNT that I wanted to see. That and after week 2 I would of had to go at noon to see it...theatres around me basically stopped showing it more than once a day.

Cascadia
04-16-2007, 11:24 PM
it appears that this Thursday will be the last day that TMNT is in my region of the world. It is only showing in 1 theater within a 60 mile radius. So, I think that I am done until the DVD comes out.

Ninja Tiptup
04-17-2007, 01:58 AM
I saw it Friday and Sunday of opening weekend. In retrospect... I should have saw it on a following weekend instead of going again the first weekend. Ah well...

NightwatchersOnlygirl
04-17-2007, 03:15 AM
I have seen TMNT five times now

Warhorse
04-17-2007, 05:27 AM
This sucks. They are playing TMNT in my neck of the woods only at 1:15 and 3:00. I'm working at those times, and most kids are in school. How is TMNT supposed to get any kind of reasonable dollar when shown in times like those!:x

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
It is only playing at 10 AM & 4:30 PM at the only theater that still has it.

RaphistheBest
04-17-2007, 12:30 PM
My boyfriend and I have only seen the movie once :(. We would LOVE to go see it again and again but we're both beyond broke and have been for a while. We originally had plans to see it like 5 times with different people but obviously that didn't happen. I used to work at a theater and I can still just walk in and see a movie for free. And I can bring whoever I want but unfortunately that theater has moved on to other movies :( :(. Now that I think about it I need to go up there and get the TMNT poster I laid claim to :).

Dr. Doom
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
4 times here, tying my already tied previous record with The Lion King and Return Of The King. That was my goal, though after reading the first post I'd like to try and go again if it's still playing anywhere.

bullet
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
i went to watch it for the fourth time today, ALONE for once and the front half of the whole theatre was empty so i got it all to myself...but right when raph said "better than sittin'round doin nothin" in response to donnie's criticism of him being the source of contention, the emergency alarm went off and we all had to evacuate :tsad:

i got a re-admit ticket though, gonna go watch it tomorrow again...hopefully there's even less people this time. today there were like, less than 10 people watching TMNT.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
I am so sorry that the emergency alarm went off during your private viewing of the movie.

bullet
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
and it was a false alarm, too.

it's rare to watch a movie with like almost on one else in the theatre. hopefully it'll be the same tomorrow, though. i'm gonna pick a showtime when most other people are at school or work :P

Tortuga Joe
04-17-2007, 06:55 PM
So far I've seen the TMNT flick five times, and am planning on making it to the theatres at least once more before it gets out. Where I live, we have this really cool, sort of low-key, not so mainstream theatre that shows movies at a much cheaper price, especially after they've been out for a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to catching it there. As well as this, I'll try and clear up a few things that Spitfire666xXxXx was inquiring about.

Also theres a scene where they show Winters in the room with all the monsters and there's 10 in the room but later they capture the vampire and say there's still 3 more to get. Later they talk to Winter's and tell him two remain and it shows them locking the 11th monster up*But it's really the 12th* They then capture Leo and Jersey Devil. Well the last monster is the big fish one. So they captured 14 monsters total. Technically it doesn't show them capture them all so that part is right but the scene with 10 cages and 3 missing throws it all off because in reality they still needed 4 more not 3.

The way that I looked at it, after viewing the film a few times is that (to the best of my memory) first, we see Winters standing in that room with the cages and three places are left. Next, the first time that the number of monsters left to catch is mentioned is when Genereal Aquila tetll Winters that two creatures remain o be captured, so we can assume that the previous ten have all been captured (that vampire being the tenth). Then it cuts to a scene of the generals locking up what would be the eleventh monster, as this is right after Aquila talks to Winters, and Aquila tells them that the 13th monster must not be captured, though we can assume that there are still two left, as that's what he told Winters. After this, the fight scene between Raph and the Jersey Devil occurs, and I think we're just supposed to assume that since the Jersey Devil runs wild in the city, the generals have captured him, making the count at 12 (plus, they later show Jersey Devil locked up). And then, the generals capture Leo as the thirteenth monster, in place of that giant one at the end. This is how I attempted to interpret what was going on, as all of this confused the hell out of me, so I made it a point to figure out the order of gathering monsters the last time I saw the film, which was only less than a week ago.

Tinuvielsdreams
04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Sad... I just went past my town's theater...and...It's to horrible to say....

TMNT is gone :cry:

if I want to see it a 5th time I will have to travel

Revan
04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
My town never even got TMNT so feel lucky. I had to travel both times I saw it.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
That is sad that you had to travel to watch the movie. My local movie theater had it for 3 days. Then I had to travel 30 miles for the other 4 times.

Roseangelo
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I have accumulated SOOOO many miles to see this movie, it's crazy. Part of it were the circumstances for my first 5 showings, after that it was my desire to see it in a different theater each time, and there's only one local theater.

Viewing 1 = ~722 miles round trip (LA)
Viewing 2-5 = Another ~722 miles round trip (LA)
Viewing 6 = ~172 miles round trip (Fremont)
Viewing 7 = ~6 miles round trip (Monterey)
Viewing 8 = ~296 miles round trip (San Francisco via Pleasant Hill)
Viewing 9 = ~129 miles round trip (San Jose)
------
2047 miles

Yikes, I hadn't added it all up before. :P

I'm watching the local theater to see if it'll still be playing there next week. If it won't be I'm gonna catch the last showing on Thursday night.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
:o :o Goodness, Rosie...that is alot of gas and miles that you used to watch the movie. For me:

4 x 30 miles (roundtrips) = 120 miles
1 x 5 miles =5 miles

Total = 125 miles

Roseangelo
04-17-2007, 11:36 PM
It really is a bit much... but I have to say that all of the adventures were well worth it. :)

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 11:41 PM
It really is a bit much... but I have to say that all of the adventures were well worth it. :)

I am sure that they were. My trips were short but enjoyable. Particularly the first and last ones. The first one was at my local movie theater. I wore one of my TMNT T-shirts and everyone that I ran into loved it. They were all curious on where I got it. The last showing that I went to was sold out.

Roseangelo
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
The last showing that I went to was sold out.

I have to say I'm jealous of your sell-out!! None of the showings I went to (except for the first one, by default) were sold out.

Cascadia
04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I have to say I'm jealous of your sell-out!! None of the showings I went to (except for the first one, by default) were sold out.

Like I said in another thread, the movie theater that I went to for my last showing is the only one to have the movie within a 60 mile radius. The city that I went to is the largest in the entire region...the population is about 70,147. I live in a state that only has 3 million people.

bullet
04-18-2007, 12:14 AM
------
2047 miles

holy, did you mow everyone over in the battleshell or what.

aside from movie tickets, that would have racked up something like (since you're in socal, i'm guessing...) $300+ worth of gas. holy phuck...

you win. no, seriously...you win. :teek:

Head Spinnin' Bebop
04-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Just once, no need for me to see it again. The next bit of fun is the anticipation for the DVD.

Roseangelo
04-18-2007, 12:46 AM
holy, did you mow everyone over in the battleshell or what.

aside from movie tickets, that would have racked up something like (since you're in socal, i'm guessing...) $300+ worth of gas. holy phuck...

you win. no, seriously...you win. :teek:

Well, I'm on the central coast (note the viewing with the least miles), but I think we're considered Norcal. I have a small, fuel efficient car, but yeah.. I'm sure gas has added up to a lot. I really haven't kept track. Honestly, the amount of money I've spent on eBay in the last few months has hurt me far worse than my movie-going adventures. :P

Spitfire
04-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I have accumulated SOOOO many miles to see this movie, it's crazy. Part of it were the circumstances for my first 5 showings, after that it was my desire to see it in a different theater each time, and there's only one local theater.

------
2047 miles

Yikes, I hadn't added it all up before. :P

I'm watching the local theater to see if it'll still be playing there next week. If it won't be I'm gonna catch the last showing on Thursday night.
Wow haha you went to two theaters by my house.

Buslady
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
only 6 times here.
3 for my son
2 for my nephew...or is that 3....
and i still gotta take my neice

gobo
04-18-2007, 11:52 AM
The way that I looked at it, after viewing the film a few times is that (to the best of my memory) first, we see Winters standing in that room with the cages and three places are left. Next, the first time that the number of monsters left to catch is mentioned is when Genereal Aquila tetll Winters that two creatures remain o be captured, so we can assume that the previous ten have all been captured (that vampire being the tenth). Then it cuts to a scene of the generals locking up what would be the eleventh monster, as this is right after Aquila talks to Winters, and Aquila tells them that the 13th monster must not be captured, though we can assume that there are still two left, as that's what he told Winters. After this, the fight scene between Raph and the Jersey Devil occurs, and I think we're just supposed to assume that since the Jersey Devil runs wild in the city, the generals have captured him, making the count at 12 (plus, they later show Jersey Devil locked up). And then, the generals capture Leo as the thirteenth monster, in place of that giant one at the end. This is how I attempted to interpret what was going on, as all of this confused the hell out of me, so I made it a point to figure out the order of gathering monsters the last time I saw the film, which was only less than a week ago.
Here's a smaller observation: Remember when J.D. left the diner? He ran straight until he was off-camera. A split-second later, he ran back in the opposite direction. What do you want to bet he was running away from some foot ninjas and/or stone Generals? O_o

iris
04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Here's a smaller observation: Remember when J.D. left the diner? He ran straight until he was off-camera. A split-second later, he ran back in the opposite direction. What do you want to bet he was running away from some foot ninjas and/or stone Generals? O_o

Oooh... cool idea. This movie needs to be examined in detail. Nifty. :D

Tho I thought you was talking 'bout Jo Dawn for a second.

gobo
04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
*randomly hugs iris* :D

Tortuga Joe
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM

That's a solid observation, I didn't even think of that. Having him run out of the scene and then back through it again was pretty funny, and that totally could have been why he'd done it. You could also come back and say that since Raph and Leo were close by the diner when Jersey Devil was running out of it (Raph inside, and Leo on that rooftop) the Generals/the Foot could've at that point noticed Leo on the rooftop, tracked him to his fight with Raph, and captured him there.

iris
04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
That's a solid observation, I didn't even think of that. Having him run out of the scene and then back through it again was pretty funny, and that totally could have been why he'd done it. You could also come back and say that since Raph and Leo were close by the diner when Jersey Devil was running out of it (Raph inside, and Leo on that rooftop) the Generals/the Foot could've at that point noticed Leo on the rooftop, tracked him to his fight with Raph, and captured him there.
:oops: All you people are like way smarter than me.

*randomly hugs iris* :D

lol

*randomly posts an icon*

:tpizza:

bullet
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
hell yeah i got to watch it ALL ALONE TODAY.

there was no one, an i'm serious about this, there was NO ONE else in the theatre today. so it's great that the alarm went off yesterday and forced me to go today instead. it was an actual private viewing ahha.

...and i couldn't help but analyze every part of the movie thanks to that damned thread about "the little things"...:tgrin:

Roseangelo
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, tomorrow is the movie's last day at the local theater. I'm gonna see the last showing of the night (7:20) to give it a fond farewell.

Although hopefully it'll be around at other theaters within driving distance for another week or two...

bullet
04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
mine's gonna keep showing it for at least up to next thursday...but then it doesn't let you see all the days after that. i should watch it at least twice before then. maybe once on my bday morning (next monday!) :tgrin:

FearlessLeader
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Oddly enough my theater added more showings for next week and moved the film back into its own theater. I plan on seeing it three more times next week which will take me up to 16 times.

Mindy
04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I fail as an avid movie-goer fan.. I have only seen it one time (opening night) dued to my job schedule. I really hope my theatre doesn't kick it out in the next two weeks. :/

Cascadia
04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
if yours anything like mine, it may be gone tomorrow night or sometime next week.

Mindy
04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
if yours anything like mine, it may be gone tomorrow night or sometime next week.

You live in the backwoods, too? :/ I'm surprised we even get movies.

Cascadia
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
There are several towns in the region where I live, however, there is only 3 movie theaters in this region and only one that still has the movie. It is in the largest of the towns, which has about 76,000 people. It is only showing the movie twice a day. I checked online and it is showing through next Tuesday.

jenna
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Oddly enough my theater added more showings for next week and moved the film back into its own theater. I plan on seeing it three more times next week which will take me up to 16 times.

Reira you rock!! That makes my puney little 6 look so lame. I'll never be able to catch up though, it's only playing during the day and I have to go to stupid work. Blah - independent financial advice is sooo compared to ninja turtles. Going to try and catch it this weekend before it disappears from the cinemas :cry:

Also, I may be wrong, but I think Reira is the winner of this thread, closely followed by Roseangelo.

Warhorse
04-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Reira you rock!! That makes my puney little 6 look so lame. I'll never be able to catch up though, it's only playing during the day and I have to go to stupid work. Blah - independent financial advice is sooo compared to ninja turtles. Going to try and catch it this weekend before it disappears from the cinemas :cry:

Also, I may be wrong, but I think Reira is the winner of this thread, closely followed by Roseangelo.

Hmmm. I'd rather see movie ticket staubs first before a winner is declared. It's too easy for someone to come in here and say "OOOHHH, Well I saw the movie 50 times, so beat that!:P

I'm at 4 viewings. Now that the theaters in my area have cut back the showings to 1:30 in the afternoon, I won't have the time to watch it no mores! I have responsibilities that are far more important than the number of viewings I see a movie.

FearlessLeader
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Hmmm. I'd rather see movie ticket staubs first before a winner is declared. It's too easy for someone to come in here and say "OOOHHH, Well I saw the movie 50 times, so beat that!:P

I'm at 4 viewings. Now that the theaters in my area have cut back the showings to 1:30 in the afternoon, I won't have the time to watch it no mores! I have responsibilities that are far more important than the number of viewings I see a movie.

As requested

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/225/465629956_49e022b40e_o.jpg

That is 12 of the 13 showings I have been to so far. My first showing was a free preview and they took the pass from me and I wasn't allowed to keep it so sadly you will simply have to take my word for it.

After Tuesday I will have went three more times to take my total up to 16... I can scan the last three ticket stubs if you like and post them also :P

Cascadia
04-19-2007, 07:13 PM
dang....I would say that you have the most showings of the movie whereas, Rosie traveled the most miles for her showings.

Revan
04-19-2007, 07:16 PM
nice reira, way to stick it to the horse

Warhorse
04-19-2007, 07:22 PM
As requested

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/225/465629956_49e022b40e_o.jpg

That is 12 of the 13 showings I have been to so far. My first showing was a free preview and they took the pass from me and I wasn't allowed to keep it so sadly you will simply have to take my word for it.

After Tuesday I will have went three more times to take my total up to 16... I can scan the last three ticket stubs if you like and post them also :P

Good for you! Do you work at the theater or something?;)

But dayum, does this make me less of a Turtle fan because I can't find the time to go watch them as much?:(

FearlessLeader
04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
nice reira, way to stick it to the horse

Well I wasn't really trying to stick it to anyone... just prove I was being honest ;)

Good for you! Do you work at the theater or something?;)

But dayum, does this make me less of a Turtle fan because I can't find the time to go watch them as much?:(

Nah I am just a big nerd *laughs* I WISH I worked at the theater then I could have seen all those showings for free :cry:

And honestly I don't think it matters how much any one person has seen it. I know people that have seen it nearly twice as many times as I have. It's the fact we all get to enjoy our fandom that is important.

I have been using the movie as a good way to wind down after a stressful workday a lot of the time. Plus I am trying to best my personal record for the amount of times I saw the first film in theaters ;)

Edit: Thank you whoever fixed me post! <3

bullet
04-19-2007, 07:33 PM
man some of you guys are hardcore.

*cough* reira *cough* rosie.

*cough cough* *dies*

Roseangelo
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM

I've done just the opposite - I've kept (and framed) my ticket for the premiere, but tossed all my other stubs.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/428935765_c7d7a448f6_m.jpg

No! Never! We all do what we can, but just because we can't do as much as someone else doesn't makes us less of a fan/person. And that really applies to everything, not just fandom.

And now I'm off to tonight's final showing, which is in 20 minutes... I agree with Reira that it's good stress relief. It's not been a good week at work and I'm in need of some Turtles. :)

Warhorse
04-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Nah I am just a big nerd *laughs* I WISH I worked at the theater then I could have seen all those showings for free :cry:

And honestly I don't think it matters how much any one person has seen it. I know people that have seen it nearly twice as many times as I have. It's the fact we all get to enjoy our fandom that is important.

I have been using the movie as a good way to wind down after a stressful workday a lot of the time. Plus I am trying to best my personal record for the amount of times I saw the first film in theaters ;)

Edit: And I didn't think about the fact I was double posting when I replied... so sorry *hangs head in shame* if one of the mods could combine my posts if possible I would be very grateful. Trying to muli-task to much and I made a rather glaring error....*sheepish grin*

Speaking of the first movie. I saw that about 4 times as well, and I did have the ticket stubs saved, until the 2004 Florida FU@#$%^&*()_ING HURRICANES! Wilma destroyed my TMNT movie collecting cards, my posters, I had a rare Rainbow Brite movie poster that I wanted to give my kids (if I have any) I HATE HURRICANES!:x

I've done just the opposite - I've kept (and framed) my ticket for the premiere, but tossed all my other stubs.

No! Never! We all do what we can, but just because we can't do as much as someone else doesn't makes us less of a fan/person. And that really applies to everything, not just fandom.

And now I'm off to tonight's final showing, which is in 20 minutes... I agree with Reira that it's good stress relief. It's not been a good week at work and I'm in need of some Turtles. :)

I know what you mean about the stress relief! While I cant see the movie (I'll try maybe Saturday if it's still around, I cant believe it, it's not even a month yet and it's dissapearing like crazy) I love to watch all the TMNT fan made music videos on youtube! What a great way to unwind. Cup of coffee and a good music video! This one is my favorite! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4TQ5rcMOlo
and this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFbUiRPPAmk (and I love this song!)

gobo
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Saw it theatrically for my sixth and supposedly last time tonight. It won't be playing anywhere near me tomorrow. Was that amateur footage Billy West announced supposed to be Yaotl Winters?

Risawn
04-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I've seen it a grand total of twice now, I was pleased to discover that a movie theater in the area was still showing and got to get that second viewing in. I know, not as impressive as some people here, but it is rare for me to make it to the movie theater for even one showing of a flick. I work at a bookstore/movie rental place. I catch most of my movies there.

I enjoyed it even more the second time, after taking notes from the forums, I looked at different spots and took note of things I missed in the first showing.

And I wasn't in a theater full of screaming kids. That sucked.

Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

jenna
04-28-2007, 02:51 AM
SEVEN - Count them: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7......

Not catching up with rosie or reira yet, but I think that's pretty good for me.
Not including the lord of the rings trilogy, (which I saw too many times to count) my record is 3 - Fight Club and that was purely by accident because I went with a different group of friends each time.

Warhorse
04-28-2007, 08:54 AM
SEVEN - Count them: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7......

Not catching up with rosie or reira yet, but I think that's pretty good for me.
Not including the lord of the rings trilogy, (which I saw too many times to count) my record is 3 - Fight Club and that was purely by accident because I went with a different group of friends each time.

Tell me about it with Lord of the Rings. I saw the original like a handful, then when the extended edition came out, another 5 times. And then I went to a special showing, when they were showing the extended Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and the first ever release of Return of the King, back to back to back, on one night!

I was dead the next day!

Some of the greatest book to movie adaptation ever

Shark_Blade
04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
when they were showing the extended Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and the first ever release of Return of the King, back to back to back, on one night!
I was dead the next day!
:o wow isn't that like maybe 12 hours straight??

Warhorse
04-28-2007, 10:00 AM
:o wow isn't that like maybe 12 hours straight??

Yep! And worth every minute and every penny (the tickets for this event was 30 bucks) We had breaks in between the showings, and a half an hour for the start of ROTK. But the whole experience was great.

I'd like to see the same thing happen with Harry Potter films too, in the end.

And the Turtles. I'm willing to lay bucks for the back to back showing of all the Turtles movies. I think it would be fun.

jenna
04-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Tell me about it with Lord of the Rings. I saw the original like a handful, then when the extended edition came out, another 5 times. And then I went to a special showing, when they were showing the extended Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and the first ever release of Return of the King, back to back to back, on one night!

I was dead the next day!

Some of the greatest book to movie adaptation ever

I know. I watched the entire extended trilogy back to back. Oh man I felt sh*t afterwards, but it was totally worth it. I have loved LOTR since I was a child and read the books regularly so I couldn't miss the experience of watching it on the big screen as many times as humanly possible. I loved every second. In fact, Turtles was the first film I have been that excited about since Lord of the Rings.

Warhorse
04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
I know. I watched the entire extended trilogy back to back. Oh man I felt sh*t afterwards, but it was totally worth it. I have loved LOTR since I was a child and read the books regularly so I couldn't miss the experience of watching it on the big screen as many times as humanly possible. I loved every second. In fact, Turtles was the first film I have been that excited about since Lord of the Rings.

Same here, that the Turtles was the next movie I was really excited about after Lord of the Rings. And I actually thought nothing could get me as riled up for the movies as LOTR did. I am so glad I am wrong.

I'm not as crazy with the next Harry Potter movie. Wasn't exactly my favorite book out of the series. But I will see it, seems like a decent enough movie so far.

But I am getting excited about Transformers. I'm surprised to not see that movie getting as much advetisement. It looks so freaking bad ass in that last trailer that was released.

Cascadia
04-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I am done....6 times. Time to wait for the DVD. Alot of people that I talked to yesterday said that they will wait for the DVD. :ohwell:

Warhorse
04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I am done....6 times. Time to wait for the DVD. Alot of people that I talked to yesterday said that they will wait for the DVD. :ohwell:

That's nothing new. I waited for the dvd to be released for the first Harry Potter, Shrek, Finding Nemo, just to name a few.

But I am a fan of the Turtles, so I had to see the new movie. It was more geared to people who have been fans the whole time, and I think WB was banking on the Turtle fandom. But we are only so many. The Turtles aren't some huge corporate production. They are still kind of underground, considering other popular comic book heroes. Spiderman, Superman, Batman:roll:

jenna
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Same here, that the Turtles was the next movie I was really excited about after Lord of the Rings. And I actually thought nothing could get me as riled up for the movies as LOTR did. I am so glad I am wrong.

I'm not as crazy with the next Harry Potter movie. Wasn't exactly my favorite book out of the series. But I will see it, seems like a decent enough movie so far.

But I am getting excited about Transformers. I'm surprised to not see that movie getting as much advetisement. It looks so freaking bad ass in that last trailer that was released.

I, sadly, am not excited about any up coming films - Bizarrely considering my obsession with ninja turtles and lord of the rings, I'm not in to fantasy or comic book films, so Harry Potter and Spiderman are not on my calendar. I feel... kind of..... lost... without a film to get excited about.

Spitfire
04-28-2007, 02:00 PM

What theater hands out tickets like that? All my theaters only ever pass out crap paper tickets with the title written on it.

Kunoichi_Haruko
04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I think that ticket only looks the way it does because it was for the premiere, Spit.

As for how many times I've seen it, just three. I had to limit myself because watching it too many times in the theater kind of ruins the replay value when I buy the DVD. That's what happened when I watched POTC 2 in theaters... :ohwell:

Roseangelo
04-28-2007, 02:07 PM
What theater hands out tickets like that? All my theaters only ever pass out crap paper tickets with the title written on it.

That was THE big premiere in Hollywood at the Chinese Theater. Seats were actually assigned, so that was the ticket you got.

Brandatello
04-28-2007, 02:18 PM
6 times for me now!!! thats my record of in theaters movie viewing...

SassyGal
04-28-2007, 02:23 PM
awww! i've only seen it 3 times :( I am such a loser....note to self: must see it as many times as possible before dvd release!

Revan
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
^ Naw don't worry about it. I have only seen it twice and I still consider myself a hardcore fan. Problem is, no theatres have it here in rural SD.:(

jenna
04-29-2007, 06:43 AM
OK... maybe I am a loser. Just saw it for the 8th time - heard it was playing its last weekend and I was bored so I thought what the heck.

£7 a time - that's £56 I've spent on this film so far... £80 if you count parking charges.

Was worth it though. :)

Seiza
04-29-2007, 07:24 AM
I, sadly, am not excited about any up coming films - Bizarrely considering my obsession with ninja turtles and lord of the rings, I'm not in to fantasy or comic book films, so Harry Potter and Spiderman are not on my calendar. I feel... kind of..... lost... without a film to get excited about.
:lol: Same here! I thought I would be following Spiderman 3 or Pirates 3 like crazy, but... not happening. Probably the only reason I'm watching Spidey in theatres and not on HBO (like the first two movies) is because of my friends.

*pets TMNT* You're the only one I've actually booked tickets for. Yes you are, yes you are!

Special considerations akin to mutated turtles aside, I'm not a movie kinda girl. I waited a year before watching LOTR in theatres (though it WAS flippin' sweet to watch it on the big screen), and none of the HP movies. *shakes head*

Warhorse
04-29-2007, 03:54 PM
:lol: Same here! I thought I would be following Spiderman 3 or Pirates 3 like crazy, but... not happening. Probably the only reason I'm watching Spidey in theatres and not on HBO (like the first two movies) is because of my friends.

*pets TMNT* You're the only one I've actually booked tickets for. Yes you are, yes you are!

Special considerations akin to mutated turtles aside, I'm not a movie kinda girl. I waited a year before watching LOTR in theatres (though it WAS flippin' sweet to watch it on the big screen), and none of the HP movies. *shakes head*

There's nothing wrong with you not being into the Harry Potter movies. It's nice to see people who don't jump on the hollywood bandwagon all the time.

I can't, for the life of me, see what all the fuss is about Spiderman and the Pirates of the Carribean movies. The first POTC was ok. Not the greatest flick. I have it on dvd, but I rarely watch it. I have watched it more on ABC than I watched it on my own movie. The sequel, I never watched in the theater. But I waited and bought it on dvd, and I still think the movie sucks. I have no intentions of watching the third.

Spitfire
04-29-2007, 04:31 PM
That was THE big premiere in Hollywood at the Chinese Theater. Seats were actually assigned, so that was the ticket you got.

That is freaking awesome, I wish I could have been there for that.

Mr. Snackpants
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I just watched my bootleg so that makes 2. I liked it better the second time.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I saw it twice in the theater. That will be sufficient until the dvd is released.

jenna
05-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Just saw it for time number 9 - actually took my very sceptical Mum who loved it so that's X2 more tickets from me towards foreign BO figs!!

Am I a contender in the winning line up yet? Nine times is pretty impressive right?

Splinter's Iroonna
05-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Beats me-- I got in number 8 yesterday. There were still a handful of people there, some who had never seen it before, judging from the reactions (a nice family group as well).

And I don't see the fuss over Spiderman, but then I was never that big of a Spidey fan. I saw two kids at different times decked out in Spiderman costumes on their way in and out of the theater.

POTC-- I really LIKED the first one, but the second one left me going "eh". I'm not terribly fussed by any of the coming films-- but I am planning on "Underdog" and "Shrek the Third".

Meanwhile-- *starts counting days until TMNT is out on DVD*

Cascadia
05-06-2007, 11:46 AM
It is done in my neck of woods. I will let everyone know when the DVD comes out. ;)

Roseangelo
05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
It's not even in the Bay area anywhere now... I'd have to drive a stupid distance (even for me) to see it. Guess I end with 10 viewings.

Cascadia
05-06-2007, 12:11 PM
So far, I am finding that it is nowhere in Oregon or Washington. It is still in Colorado and Houston area.

jenna
05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
It's not even in the Bay area anywhere now... I'd have to drive a stupid distance (even for me) to see it. Guess I end with 10 viewings.

Ooh you were number 2 after Reira... and I'm only one viewing behind you. Cool.

gobo
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
*wishes he had a license* :ohwell:

Ra
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I've only seen the movie once as of today, and I probably won't see it again until it is out on DVD. Honestly, I don't care. I had a ball watching it, and I just loved every second of it. The details and subtle movements just made me grin, and the scene of Leo returning to New York with the water just made me utter "wow". And not to mention the fight with Raph on the roof. Also the reaction of watching the kids after the movie just made me grin...like a boy who declared to his mother that when he was older, he would be a Ninja Turtle. Leonardo, to be exact, since "he has the cool SWORDS!!!"... :lol:

ardnealy
05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I've seen the movie once. I will buy the DVD to see it more times though.

RaphaelsOnlyGirl
05-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I have seen the movie 10 times. I wanted to see it more though!

ToTheNines
05-20-2007, 10:41 AM
I maxed out at 2 showings on opening weekend. I was gonna get atleast 2 more, but my sorry ass discount theatre only had it for one week.

Scandia
05-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Just one. I'm stingy.

BUT I did buy all prequel comics and the movie adaptation.

And as soon as the library has it on order, I'm reserving it.

NightwatchersOnlygirl
05-21-2007, 05:26 AM
I have seen It 10 times

Warhorse
05-21-2007, 05:14 PM
You want to know something sick. I cant remember the exact number of times I saw the movie. I think it was either 3 or 4 times. But my life so busy, not to mention I still love to watch the various clips on youtube, that I think I get everything mixed up!

RaphaelsOnlyGirl
05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
You want to know something sick. I cant remember the exact number of times I saw the movie. I think it was either 3 or 4 times. But my life so busy, not to mention I still love to watch the various clips on youtube, that I think I get everything mixed up!

I also watch a bunch of TMNT clips lots of times on YouTube. And music videos.

NightwatchersOnlygirl
06-04-2007, 06:24 AM
So do I just to see my Nightwatcher

Scandia
06-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Y'all are making me feel so much better. After watching TMNT, I wondered what in the world exactly was making me want to watch it again. This is rare. It's not like I was dying desperately to watch other fave movies of mine twice at the theatre. I don't think it had happened since "Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves" no matter how much I liked a given movie.

And now I see people having gone to see it more than twice. Now I don't feel so bad about wanting to see it a second time. I do not know if it was the plot or what- but it cannot simply be a re-awakening of an old obsession, since other people have seen it so many times as well.

NightwatchersOnlygirl
06-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh by the way I saw with my man the Nightwatcher

Swany
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I saw it 3 or 4 times. first time I really had to pee after the Raph/Leo fight. Asked my friend if I missed anything important. she said no.

I only missed the whole thing between Raph and Splinter. Nothing important my butt!

gobo
06-04-2007, 12:42 PM
With that kind of thinking, there wasn't an unimportant second in the movie. ^_^

Swany
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I yelled at her on the bus home.

And for like a week afterwards at least once a day at school.

But yeah, everypart was important. I just loved the way the characters were convayed.

Leonardo Mystic
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Ten times here now, and I'm hoping to see it again at least once or twice more before it's gone from the discount theatre and ultimately out for good.

RaphaelsOnlyGirl
06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh by the way I saw with my man the Nightwatcher

He's not your man. (by the way incase you didn't now he's a turtle...) So stop posting that everywhere.

gobo
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
FIGHTING OVER A FICTIONAL CHARACTER IS NOT PERMITTED HERE. Read the rules.

SassyGal
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
OMG ladies, give it a rest :roll:

I had every intention of seeing it again, but it left my city the day I was going to go :cry:

Revan
06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
^ Same story no joke. I saw it twice and was about to go again but I went one day too late. I was so sad. Now I can't find it anywhere! :x

SassyGal
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM
^ Same story no joke. I saw it twice and was about to go again but I went one day too late. I was so sad. Now I can't find it anywhere! :x

Don't you just hate when that happens?? I am extremely sad that I now have to wait until it comes out on DVD :cry: