PDA

View Full Version : Going or Gone?

Time Mistress
04-21-2007, 09:01 AM
If you want to see the movie again dudes, DO IT FAST! I was planning to see it again this weekend, both both of the theaters closest to me are no longer playing TMNT!:teek: It's not even been out a full month yet and it's already gone! I know movies go away faster these days so they can get them out on DVD, but still... What does pulling TMNT from the theater at this time say about how well or not so well the movie is doing and our chances of a sequel. I heard the movie recently broke 50 thousand in domestical sales but how are we going to get close to the 100 thousand we need for a sequel if the movie stops playing so soon?:tgrumble:

Tinuvielsdreams
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah sadly all the smaller theaters have pulled it here too
Yeah I think it just broke 50 but we should look at international numbers too

CyberCubed
04-21-2007, 09:07 AM
The movie is never going to make 100mil domestic. Its probably not going to make 60mil either.

Its at 51mil right now and with theaters dropping it I don't think we'll break 55mil. It had a good run but it wasn't a box office smash and sales have been declining week after week for the movie.

Just be glad that it managed to make at least 51mil which shows that the movie was a success.

Swany
04-21-2007, 09:13 AM
I just checked the cineworld website. My local cinema is only showing it once a day now. That sucks.

Buslady
04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
only 2 theatres around here have it, one of them just shows it once. :(

my buddy over the pond in the UK said his theatre only shows it for kiddie matinees!

Aztec General
04-21-2007, 09:54 AM
It looks like my original prediction was correct $50-75 million domestic. It will probably go out with $55. The film definetely made some money for WB and the Weinsteins so who knows what will happen?

Personally I blame a very weak marketing campaign and the decision to release the film a week before one of Will Farrell's formulaic comedy juggernaughts.

I only hope that it made enough money for Mirage to stay afloat. It seems that Peter is losing the urge to keep the comics in production. This is a major problem. TMNT could die entirely if they don't keep the comics going!

jenna
04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I just checked the cineworld website. My local cinema is only showing it once a day now. That sucks.

Dude! a UK ally! Yeah, most Cineworlds are no longer showing it - Cambridge is still showing it twice a day, but I fear not for long now the Easter hols are drawing to an end... so I'm going tomorrow.

Cascadia
04-21-2007, 10:44 AM
:o :o I found a movie theater in my area that is still playing the movie 4 times a day. It is 35 miles away. There are 7 movie theaters in my region and only one has the movie.

Times: 1:10, 4:10, 7:10, 9:45

Roseangelo
04-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it left the local theater on Thursday (I went to the last show). If I want to see it again I'd have to drive up to San Jose (which I've already done to see it, so that's not completely out of the question..).

I only hope that it made enough money for Mirage to stay afloat. It seems that Peter is losing the urge to keep the comics in production. This is a major problem. TMNT could die entirely if they don't keep the comics going!

I seriously believe this is the bigger thing we have to be worried about rather than whether or not we get a sequel or even how much longer the TV series will continue. Mirage has to get their act together if we want to expect anything in the future.

ninjitsu_magic_47
04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
It's up to us fans now

Jo Dawn
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Still holding strong at 4 showings a day here.

For once, we rock when it come to TMNT.

Tabularasa
04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't think it just has to do with the movie not making that much money after opening weekend. Remember by the beginning of May we will have Spider-man 3, Sherk 3, and at the end Pirates 3. The theaters are probably making room to show those movies on mulitple screens

Cascadia
04-22-2007, 11:48 PM
That is what happened in my local theater...they had the movie for 4 days in order to make room for new movies. Then if I went to the theater in the city, then it was sharing a theater with Firehouse Dog. Further up the road is another movie theater that still has the movie 3-4 times a day.

Leonardo Mystic
04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Still at the theater in my city, with five showings a day. At 1:00, 3:10, 5:20, 7:30, and 9:40. For once, I'm happy to live where I do. :D

Revan
04-23-2007, 12:11 AM
^ Tough hood or boring city?

Myself, I live in a boring town. 12,000 peeps. :P TMNT never even came here.

Cascadia
04-23-2007, 12:12 AM
You are a lucky soul. ;) I have to travel if I want to see the movie again before it leaves. Neutrino, that is pepicular. My hometown has 13,000 people and they got the movie when it came out.

Masked Ninja
04-23-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm headed home for the summer, and as of today my local theater is playing TMNT twice a day. Hopefully it'll still be there when I get back on Thursday... I'd like to catch a matinee or something before it comes to DVD. I doubt the rain will look nearly as good on my TV or computer screen...so much detail will be lost.

EDIT: And Neutrino... dude, that sig rocks. Usagi pwning SAINWLeo? :tlol:

Garou
04-23-2007, 12:21 AM
The dubbed version can still be found in the theatres in Denmark, but the english version was stopped already after the 12th of April. Which is really sad, because I so wanted to see it again, when I got my paycheck... :cry: And I am not seeing the dubbed one!

bullet
04-23-2007, 12:25 AM
both theatres i frequent, one near my school and one near my house are both still playing TMNT.

actually the one nearer to my house had like 5 showings on saturday. i went to watch disturbia at 8:10 and saw TMNT had five showings throughout the day, ending with one at like 10:25. i was VERY tempted to watch the 10:25 but my friend nearly dragged me into vacancy, and we ended up not watching another movie. one near my school though only plays it twice a day, mid-afternoon.

Leonardo Mystic
04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
^ Tough hood or boring city?

Myself, I live in a boring town. 12,000 peeps. :P TMNT never even came here.

Boring city. There's not a lot of things to do here, even though it's the third largest city in the state of Georgia. However, that's in terms of population, and not necessarily activities or entertainment.

I love going and traveling to new places. I've been to south Florida Orlando/Tampa area many times, and Charleston, SC, and I love those places. After living in the same area for 23 years, of not much has changed, I'm itching to live somewhere different.

Keno
04-23-2007, 08:04 AM
dammit i just checked, and here it's only playing once during the day...and i work during the day, so i would only be able to go in the evening :(

hopefully it's playing still on the weekend

Rooish
04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Guys, WTF. I am so mad at Toronto. ****ing biggest city in Canada and one week after the movie comes out, it was only in like 3 theatres in the city (and only one downtown ... the cheap smaller-screen theatre). Ugh ... for all you Torontonians ... it wasn't even at the Paramount ... how enormous is the freaking Paramount????

I don't know which Toronto theatres had it the first week. During the school year I attend university in a city about 1.5 hours away, and that's where I saw the movie on opening day.

Revan
04-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Boring city. There's not a lot of things to do here, even though it's the third largest city in the state of Georgia. However, that's in terms of population, and not necessarily activities or entertainment.

I love going and traveling to new places. I've been to south Florida Orlando/Tampa area many times, and Charleston, SC, and I love those places. After living in the same area for 23 years, of not much has changed, I'm itching to live somewhere different.

Bummer. I feel ya. You just described my hometown. Our mall has a JCPenny and a theatre. Everything else went out of business. It's a dying town.

Neutrino, that is pepicular. My hometown has 13,000 people and they got the movie when it came out.
I know! It's BS. The theatre here only has 5 screens. I cannot remember which ones they had on the 23 because I was so angry they didn't have TMNT. They were probably predicting a bomb. :x

And Neutrino... dude, that sig rocks. Usagi pwning SAINWLeo?
Thanks alot. Yeah SAINW is one of my fav eps. I was hoping people, especially Leo fans, wouldn't hate it. Cooked it up last night.

The Shelf
04-23-2007, 09:03 AM
It's still playing three times a day here in at least two different theaters.

Swany
04-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Guys, WTF. I am so mad at Toronto. ****ing biggest city in Canada and one week after the movie comes out, it was only in like 3 theatres in the city (and only one downtown ... the cheap smaller-screen theatre). Ugh ... for all you Torontonians ... it wasn't even at the Paramount ... how enormous is the freaking Paramount????

I don't know which Toronto theatres had it the first week. During the school year I attend university in a city about 1.5 hours away, and that's where I saw the movie on opening day.

I know the feeling. Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland (Edinburgh is the capital, but Glasgow is biggest/modern-est) and already theyre only showing it once a day.... At 11 in the morning. I can only hope it comes to DVD quickly. Still PO'd though, its awsome on the big screen.

Hero
04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Still getting it three times a day here in Bristol.

===HERO

Crimson Kitten
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Most of my local theaters are down to one or two showings. I saw it a third time last night because by the time I get another chance, it will likely be gone.

Vegita-San
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
It looks like my original prediction was correct $50-75 million domestic. It will probably go out with $55. The film definetely made some money for WB and the Weinsteins so who knows what will happen?

Personally I blame a very weak marketing campaign and the decision to release the film a week before one of Will Farrell's formulaic comedy juggernaughts.

Agreed on the weak advertising. For a studio that wants to keep this going as a Star Trek like franchise, they did a REALLY sh!tty job of advertising it. Maybe ten promos total that where NOT on the Fox Box(How many 20 somethings aside from die hards that like the original show watch that block?)....and a few on American Idol, but that was all I Saw.

They also waited till the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE to start the spots as well.

I think it did spectacularly, considering all the factors involved.

Herr_Shredder
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM
The dubbed version can still be found in the theatres in Denmark, but the english version was stopped already after the 12th of April. Which is really sad, because I so wanted to see it again, when I got my paycheck... :cry: And I am not seeing the dubbed one!

what language? the dub i mean?

Warhorse
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, they got tons of showings down in Miami and Sunrise Florida!:D

And you can't beat the climate out at the Sawgrass Mills while waiting for TMNT to start.

Ashangelo
04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Last week it was down to two showings. I wanted to see it again this week, only I come to find out that they are no longer showing it!

Rahr!

I guess there's no fourth time for me. :evil:

Coola Yagami
05-28-2007, 03:31 PM
It never made it to the part of Mexico I live in..... And now with Spiderman 3 and Pirates 3 hitting the sole theature we have, with (I assume Shrek 3 not too far away), it's pretty safe to say we passed it by....

But why??? It's not fair!!!! For a TMNT fan like me it's cruel and unusual punishment! I played the game, bought the figures, but haven't seen the movie itself.... It makes me feel like a hypocrit posting other people's reviews on the movie on my fancomic when I haven't seen it myself.... Sure I can buy it on DVD when it comes out.... but it doesn't beat the true movie theature experience..... *sighs*

I'll just have to settle for Spiderman.....

Scandia
05-28-2007, 04:15 PM
It's not in my city anymore.

It's in a drive-in in a small town on the other half of the county. But it is at such a late hour that I am not even awake.

It's in the county north of mine. But again- can't make it.

Only 3 more months or so till the DVD comes out anyway. As soon as the library puts it on order, you bet I go on the list!

Splinter's Iroonna
05-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Still here-- about a fifteen mile drive for me to the closest, so no biggie.

Swany
05-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Cineworld no longer shows it. (they made way for "bigger and better" movies apprently I can see it at the showcase for 20p. Or could at least last time I looked.

I'm gonna try and book two tickets, so I can "take my little bro". *cough*

SassyGal
05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
only the cheap theatre in my city is playing it. i'm going to try catching it one last time before it goes to dvd :)

sdp
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Weak Marketing?

I keep reading that on these forums over and over again, do people really beleive that?

I saw TMNT ads on tv all the time and TMNT stuff on stores, if anything this movie got a lot of advertisement for how much it really made. It was advertised for both younger and older people, they trully did everything they could IMO.

Ecto Jedi
05-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Weak Marketing?

I keep reading that on these forums over and over again, do people really beleive that?

I saw TMNT ads on tv all the time and TMNT stuff on stores, if anything this movie got a lot of advertisement for how much it really made. It was advertised for both younger and older people, they trully did everything they could IMO.

Oh Lord...Let's not open up this can of worms again.

Coola Yagami
05-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Bleh, I hardly ever seen a commercial for the TMNT movie down here either. All I saw was some quick news flash saying 'the tmnt are back in theatures' and whatnot. Due to the new show not even GETTING PAST THE SECOND SEASON!!! I doubt many ppl here even knew there was a TMNT movie.... they'll probably think it's a straight-to-DVD movie whenever the DVD is released...

Cascadia
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
completely gone in my state.

The Shelf
05-29-2007, 07:36 AM
It's in the dollar theaters around here now.

Andromeda32
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
It finally made it to the dollar threaters here as well. But of course, they're only playing it at noon and 2:15pm. Not really all that helpful for us big kids who get to work 9-5 :goof:

Not sure what the weekend schedule will be, but if its still playing, hope to see it one more time.

Leonardo Mystic
05-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Still here, playing at the $1.50 theatre. It started the past weekend, and it has five showings throughout the day; 1:30, 3:10, 5:20, 7:30, and 9:40. I've been going to the 9:40 showings Saturday, Monday, and yesterday.

All three times the theatre has had quite a handful of people even at that time. It's also summer break here now, so all ages are attending. I've seen quite a few people my age, older, or in their teens. I have to smile everytime I see them.

All three audiences haven't been very responsive, but no matter what, Mikey giving up his Cowbunga Carl head at the end always gets a laugh. :tgrin:

Sunshine
06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah our cheap theater had closed down not long before TMNT came out actually and we hadn't been able to go see the movie right away. It was really tough to track down a theater that was still playing it by the time we were able to go but we did finally manage. I still can't believe our cheap theater closed down... again. This has happened twice now. But before just ended up under new management.