PDA

View Full Version : A different ralph cold cast staute?

dripgutz24
04-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Does anybody know what the deal with this raphael statue, never seen it before but the seller says its form playmates so I don't know if thats legit or not?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290107845030&rd=1&rd=1

Roseangelo
04-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I've been watching this with curiosity, myself.

It looks good enough to be legit, but I can't say anything with certainty. The item is located in Hong Kong, and it's not unusual for stuff to leak out of Hong Kong before they hit the general market. What's interesting is that it's 2K3 style. The video games showed concept art for movie-style busts, but this definitely doesn't go with that.

VaughnMichael
04-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I've been watching this with curiosity, myself.

It looks good enough to be legit, but I can't say anything with certainty. The item is located in Hong Kong, and it's not unusual for stuff to leak out of Hong Kong before they hit the general market. What's interesting is that it's 2K3 style. The video games showed concept art for movie-style busts, but this definitely doesn't go with that.
Wow this is crazy it reminds me allot of the A.C. Farley Leonardo bust from some years back infact thats what I thought it was at first but tweeked but it's obviously not.
It's pretty damn nice if you ask me!

Tinuvielsdreams
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
wow that is really cool, and one of Raph's signature poses.
It's only 6 inches though? Seems like it would be bigger but still totally cool!

Roseangelo
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
It's only 6 inches though? Seems like it would be bigger but still totally cool!

I hadn't even paid attention to the size it said - it does look like it should be at least 12" tall. Curiouser and curiouser...

Buslady
04-26-2007, 01:37 AM
*whimpers and Prays to the great turtle god that she wins it...or she is gonna cry for the rest of her life!!!!!!!!!!*

seriously I've been looking for that for two years. I need that for the shrine.
This was featured at Comicon two years ago, I missed that one...or 3 years ago..soemthing....and i saw it in one of the of online toy mags galleries...it was supposed to be released a year ago. im still waiting.....

Roseangelo
04-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Im gonna go out on a limb...god please I want that so freaking bad, I've been looking for it for TWO FREAKING YEARS! I'm trying to win it. It's my car decal in statue form, I'm in love with this damn thing!

No worries, I have no plans to bid. :)

But if you've been looking for this for two years, do you have more info about what it actually is?

Shark_Blade
04-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Interesting...but if it's Leo or Mike I'll definitely bid straight away.

Tinuvielsdreams
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
*whimpers and Prays to the great turtle god that she wins it...or she is gonna cry for the rest of her life!!!!!!!!!!*

seriously I've been looking for that for two years. I need that for the shrine.
This was featured at Comicon two years ago, I missed that one...or 3 years ago..soemthing....and i saw it in one of the of online toy mags galleries...it was supposed to be released a year ago. im still waiting.....

Man for that price I would have bid but I saw your name so I didn't :P
I just bought four TMNT plushies so I need to stay away from Ebay

Any pics of said shrine?

Buslady
04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Man for that price I would have bid but I saw your name so I didn't :P
I just bought four TMNT plushies so I need to stay away from Ebay

Any pics of said shrine?

http://buslady.mysite.com/photo_3.html

there's alot of it right there :D

I'm only hoping I win it, I usually lose my bids by a penny. :(
All I know about it, it was on display at Comicon couple years ago. it was on one of them action figure websites...i can't remember the name of it!!! its really popular. but it was supposed to be released about a year ago. no clue why it wasn't. This is a Playmates release, not a Mirage deal. That's why it's 2K3 Raph. I loooovvvveeee the detail on him. It gives the 2K3 Raph some substance. He's got skin textures, and huge manly hands...dang...i wonder if a chick designed it? hahahahahaaaa

duhril
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Here is some info on it from actionfigure.com
http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15520

Buslady
04-26-2007, 05:34 PM
yeah that's it.like i said, a year ago...

Here is some info on it from actionfigure.com
http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15520

gobo
04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
And, no one went ballistic about him being called "Ralph"... Should I go first? :evil:

Just playin'... but it's still awfully irritating.

VaughnMichael
04-26-2007, 06:53 PM
And, no one went ballistic about him being called "Ralph"... Should I go first? :evil:

Yep another one of those pet peves of mine just like >>, uthrom, & shoant. lol
:lol:

Roseangelo
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Or Mickey... :roll:

bullet
04-26-2007, 08:00 PM
what? it isn't mickey?

:P

jm jm, down with the torches and pitchforks.

yeah buslady i almost put a bid on it too, haha...it looked too awesome to pass up. but your raph shrine def. wins me over...i would've bid if it was don, though. :D

Tinuvielsdreams
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
haha I noticed the stray L but didn't want to pick, I for one am a horrible speller and have no room to judge.

Buslady I am going to check you link now thanks :)

dripgutz24
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry about the bad spelling people I'm not that great of a spellar, ha ha I meant speller, I was meaning to say Raph.

Buslady
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM

yeha its annoying but pointless sometimes

now if i was role playing raph and he saw that....:o he hates being called Ralph...

anyways yeah if i get that piece, it'll be like a focal point in the Raph Shrine. I love that thing. I had a decal made for the car in that image...unfortunantely, my old car was wrecked and I need to make a new one cos the decal place was bought out and the new owners DUMPED MY IMAGE! ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pissed me off...

Shark_Blade
04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Bidding has ended?
Did you win it buslady?It doesn't say anyone bid for it.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't this also feature at the Toys R' Us in NYC as a display thing?

Roseangelo
04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Oh no!! I hope this isn't true?

VaughnMichael
04-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh no!! I hope this isn't true?
Seems shadey if you ask me.:roll:

Buslady
04-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im gonna die now....

*sob*

i guess the dude broke it.

VaughnMichael
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im gonna die now....

*sob*

Maybe things got a little to Raph. hahah sorry was watching tmnt 2.:lol:
Pats the buslady on the head.

Roseangelo
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Ask him to sell it to you for a discount? Mebbe you could glue it...

Aignatius
04-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Stupid comment of the day: Maybe it was a fake entry, and he was getting called on it?

Aw...

weredog
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry Buslady. I know what it's like to lose something you really wanted like that. :(

Buslady
04-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Stupid comment of the day: Maybe it was a fake entry, and he was getting called on it?

Aw...

yyeaahh i thought about that too...who knows.

Spitfire
04-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Looked like a bootleg to me. Sounded like one too. Came in a white box? He didn't post pictures of the bottom where the copyrights would be. Fishy to me, this broken business only adds to that.

OA
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Yea, I was checking this auction for a while as well...and it sounded VERy fishy to me...not really surprised to see it end early... cool statue though...wish they would come out here...

Buslady
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
i kinda started to feel that it might be funky but who knows...it could be for real or maybe not. i didnt get it, nor did i get scammed...

Shark_Blade
04-28-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm sure you'll get one of those one day Buslady. As for me, I'm hunting for vintage 1988 figures but some of them charge so much it reaches $140.00 and $375.00:eek:

Crazy asses:roll:

OA
04-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Yea, those original four in package are VERY hot right now...just let the times die down a bit and you should be able to get a better deal...though to be honest, those almost always sell very well no matter the timing...

Shark_Blade
04-28-2007, 09:43 AM
^yeah. I realize that too. Everytime one of those turtles are on bid, they can reach up to $20 to $30 and even more. :)I'm gonna play it slow and seize opportunities when the time arises, like when a seller has items I want so I can combine shipping costs. Some are even there but it states that it'll only ship to USA mostly(the 4/more in package):( Gotta be patient, sharky....patient pays....