PDA

View Full Version : Captain N & Super Mario World DVD

Jon
05-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Seems Shout is in the beginning process of doing this Set.

Here's a link to the news on it so far--

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7279

ZariusTwo
05-07-2007, 11:23 AM
MAMA? MAMA LUIGI?

Youtube Poop has finally given that show some worthwhile meaning.:lol:

ThirdMarioBro
05-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank you God. That will complete the circle of my childhood. That, to me at least, was the last show of NBC's Saturday morning regime. It came on at the end of the block, and it was the final thing to air in 1992 before they canned their whole cartoon block for news. I also leaned on that show like a crutch while I was going through some rough family periods, and councilors at school were giving me hell. Also consider that Super Mario World is my favorite video game and you can see why this one means so much

LogicDonny
05-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Thank you God. That will complete the circle of my childhood. That, to me at least, was the last show of NBC's Saturday morning regime. It came on at the end of the block, and it was the final thing to air in 1992 before they canned their whole cartoon block for news. I also leaned on that show like a crutch while I was going through some rough family periods, and councilors at school were giving me hell. Also consider that Super Mario World is my favorite video game and you can see why this one means so much

agreed.

also finally I get to see the final season of Captain N.

It is sad that Saturday Morning isn't like what it used to be..

ZariusTwo
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
It is sad that Saturday Morning isn't like what it used to be..

Oh spare me. Cartoons now have become as good as they used to be for the most part, you'd know that if you paid one inch of attention instead of following the curtails of every jaded bandwagon jumper convinced cartoons ended with the 90's.

Super Mario World was garbage, Captain N's last season embarrased the f*ck out of the first season, especially since it had it's length cut by a good few minutes, MW was so bad, it stopped Mario cartoons period from ever being made, that's easy to do when episodes like "Send In The Clown" make use of the SMW final boss in a circus based kidnapping plot

LogicDonny
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Oh spare me. Cartoons now have become as good as they used to be for the most part, you'd know that if you paid one inch of attention instead of following the curtails of every jaded bandwagon jumper convinced cartoons ended with the 90's.

Super Mario World was garbage, Captain N's last season embarrased the f*ck out of the first season, especially since it had it's length cut by a good few minutes, MW was so bad, it stopped Mario cartoons period from ever being made, that's easy to do when episodes like "Send In The Clown" make use of the SMW final boss in a circus based kidnapping plot

i have watched a few cartoons here and there but it's nothign compare to what I loved in the 80's and early 90's.

ThirdMarioBro
05-08-2007, 12:40 AM

Oh, yeah, I suppose you are correct because your opinion is the only one around here that truly matters, am I right? Jesus Christ.

Super Mario World was my favorite of the three, if for the fact that it was the only one of the three I got to watch with my little sister, even if she doesn't remember it, and because the last episode (which ironically was the last piece of Mario animation ever produced) Mama Luigi was the only episode I shared with my friend Jennifer not long at all before she died.

Personal reasons, sure, and you can think whatever the fu*k you want, but that doesn't make your opinion the word of God buddy.

ZariusTwo
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Personal reasons, sure, and you can think whatever the fu*k you want, but that doesn't make your opinion the word of God buddy.

Then why are you criticising it? I hav'nt touched you in this discussion, and obviously you have your own personal investment in the show, but this is an open thread and I'll state what I want, and the simple fact is I hated this show when I was the age to watch it.

I was'nt addressing you, I was addressing Logic, who contantly laments that shows "are'nt as good as they used to be, wah, wah, wah", an overbearing stigma as it stands presently.

I understand the show was noticable for you, but I don't see how that pertains to the discussion other than you want to protect a show your sister loved and a friend enjoyed before she died from a well-recieved roasting. Sentimental value is one thing, using it to climb on board one hell of an elitist high horse is another.

ThirdMarioBro
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Then why are you criticising it? I hav'nt touched you in this discussion, and obviously you have your own personal investment in the show, but this is an open thread and I'll state what I want, and the simple fact is I hated this show when I was the age to watch it.

I was'nt addressing you, I was addressing Logic, who contantly laments that shows "are'nt as good as they used to be, wah, wah, wah", an overbearing stigma as it stands presently.

I understand the show was noticable for you, but I don't see how that pertains to the discussion other than you want to protect a show your sister loved and a friend enjoyed before she died from a well-recieved roasting. Sentimental value is one thing, using it to climb on board one hell of an elitist high horse is another.

Yeah, you're right. Last night was just pretty sh*tty for me. I'll just gracefully back out of this conversation now.

LogicDonny
05-09-2007, 01:05 AM

you know your problem Zarius is you always follow me around and insult me and make fun of me and stuff. I never have seen one good post from you.

look at every post you made to me and you will see what I mean, I have every right to make my opinion.

GK Punk
05-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Uh... That's just Zarius' personality. he comes across harsh. He does that to everyone, including the people he likes.

LogicDonny
05-09-2007, 09:47 AM
ok well all I can say is Zarius is one lucky user to still be on here :)

Good for you Zarius.

Heres a cookie (:)

Peanut
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
ok well all I can say is Zarius is one lucky user to still be on here :)

You're one to talk.

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
It's easy to make fun of people who are eternally easy.

LogicDonny
05-09-2007, 02:46 PM
not really. it seems you guys treat me like dirt more than I do here. Seriously Zarius and Peanut everytime I usually say a word here you guys and a few other are always there to try to get me back.......... Ok well um................ all I can say is coooooooool!

Peanut
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Maybe it's because the stuff you say is so ignorant and asinine? No, that couldn't be it.

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
not really. it seems you guys treat me like dirt more than I do here. Seriously Zarius and Peanut everytime I usually say a word here you guys and a few other are always there to try to get me back.......... Ok well um................ all I can say is coooooooool!

Peanut took a shot at me during the Spidey III thread and I let it slide, so it's not like we're all nicey nice to each other and that it's "just you", we're all targets if we make certain comments others don't like. You however do it constantly, and you don't let anything slide.

Not to mention you post like an f'ing girl and overreact on everything. You also tend to always follow the public's mindset, you have none of your own, that does'nt sit well with some of us.

Peanut
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Wait...where did I take a shot at you in the Spidey 3 thread? I wasn't against anything you said.

ThirdMarioBro
05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Okay, seriously. Let's get back on topic here.

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Wait...where did I take a shot at you in the Spidey 3 thread? I wasn't against anything you said.

You said something along the lines of "shut up" etc and you quoted me directly...maybe by accident or something, you made this odd comment about me watching "s*itty underground movies"...

Peanut
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Actually, that was directed at Spitfire. I think it's cause I didn't quote him, as he had posted right above me, but before I finished my post, you had posted something, so it looked like I was speaking to you. My bad.

I'm not going to be ashamed in saying that I agree with you most of the time, Zarius. And you have enough of my respect that I wouldn't just call you an idiot because you shared a different opinion.

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, I'd get back on topic if there was anything about Mario World that was remotley noticable.

Peanut
05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Yoshi talked really f*cked, if I remember correctly. As much as I enjoyed the show as a kid, I couldn't take his voice. Why the made him sound like that...God...nightmares. I quite recall the very last episode of Super Mario World I ever watched as a kid. Yoshi was outside a Ghost House, I think, and he muttered something like "Yoshi will run up triangle blocky!" I turned it off at that point and I haven't seen it since.

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Yoshi talked really f*cked, if I remember correctly. As much as I enjoyed the show as a kid, I couldn't take his voice. Why the made him sound like that...God...nightmares. I quite recall the very last episode of Super Mario World I ever watched as a kid. Yoshi was outside a Ghost House, I think, and he muttered something like "Yoshi will run up triangle blocky!" I turned it off at that point and I haven't seen it since.

"Mama Luigi" did'nt have a ghost house...I think, they were in a castle and being pursued by tons of things though, might have to rewatch it, if I can get past not laughing at the lines "Then I found a magic baloon" and "Now I know how a meatball feels"

"Oh Yoshi find this doom buisness much more fun than tennis" was the only depraved thing he's ever said. That said, the episode where he joined a biker gang and vandalized buildings gets points for the writers obviously having a good time corrupting the character morally.

ThirdMarioBro
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM

I know I am a sad individual for knowing this, but the exact quote was...

"Yoshi be bwave and find fwends. I go up Twiangle-Blockity."

I'm pretty certain the guy who does Yoshi's voice was the same as the guy who did Toad and the Gingerbread Man from Shrek. The character that annoyed me to the point of an anurism was that damned cave-kid Oggtar. Such a piece of sh*t he was. I love Super Mario World for sentimental reasons, but The Adventures of SMB3 was easily the best of the lot by a long shot. They nailed everything. Thwomps, dry bones, the magic music box, the style, music, koopa kids, setting. Hell, they even had the damned P-Wings in one episode and a robot Princess Peach. That was the best of the three by a long shot. Authentic, original, and used Mario's universe to it's full extent for plot gimmicks and gags. The do give SMW credit for utilizing what is probably the most obscure Mario gimmick of all time: the Triangle Block. We'll probably never see that thing again. I actually credit SMW for shaping Yoshi's personality. If you look at the box art for the original game (the last artwork drawn in the old Mario Bros. style), Yoshi looks like a green dragon, albiet a friendly one. After the cartoon gave Yoshi a more childlike persona, Nintendo seemed to stick with that in all later incarnations, starting as soon as Yoshi for NES and Yoshi's Cookie, then eventually Yoshi's Island.

I think the show got the axe too soon, but I guess it was time for the era to end. After that show hit during the summer, the game came out that fall and Sonic with it. That was the end of the "classic Nintendo era", with Super Mario World being the last game and TV show to see it. Sega took the market, and the 16-bit war kicked in. It was the farewell to a wonderful era, and the birth of a new wonderful era, which was wonderful for different reasons.

"And remember kids, Oogtar spelled backwards is Rat Goo."
-Boswer Koopa

ZariusTwo
05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Mario World went down mostly because there was little interest in video game based cartoons, (as well as the fact the wrong people were handling most of them), that, and Power Rangers was kicking everybody's ass at the time, only WB were able to bounce back strong at that time, not counting Film Roman with their short-lived Mighty Max or enduring Simpsons.

And yeah, we won't see that again. Japan are'nt even accurate with adapting any video game as an anime, they branched off Megaman into that pathetic "Battle Network" series that put their faith in an adaptation of their older titles or Mega Man X just to plu their new titles, the least said about Sonic X the better.

The one show they've gotten right is Pokemon, but the writers gave up long ago with that and phone it in every week

ThirdMarioBro
05-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Mario World went down mostly because there was little interest in video game based cartoons, (as well as the fact the wrong people were handling most of them), that, and Power Rangers was kicking everybody's ass at the time, only WB were able to bounce back strong at that time, not counting Film Roman with their short-lived Mighty Max or enduring Simpsons.

And yeah, we won't see that again. Japan are'nt even accurate with adapting any video game as an anime, they branched off Megaman into that pathetic "Battle Network" series that put their faith in an adaptation of their older titles or Mega Man X just to plu their new titles, the least said about Sonic X the better.

Amen to that. But still, you can't deny that the Super Show (though outright stupid and campy as hell sometimes...in a lovingly dumb way) and SMB3 weren't fun rides while they lasted.

ZariusTwo
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Amen to that. But still, you can't deny that the Super Show (though outright stupid and campy as hell sometimes...in a lovingly dumb way) and SMB3 weren't fun rides while they lasted.

I love Super Show, did'nt really think it was campy or stupid since it succesfully amalgamated several concepts from the games and had some insanely good pop culture references. It's everything AOSTH was'nt

ThirdMarioBro
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I love Super Show, did'nt really think it was campy or stupid since it succesfully amalgamated several concepts from the games and had some insanely good pop culture references. It's everything AOSTH was'nt

Yup, I agree with that statement.

Drtooth
05-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Honestly, I will buy this, provided I have a crap load of cash to spend. I do want it to complete the collection of SMB and CapN cartoons, but I have to agree with Zarius on this one. I really think they were the weakest of the SMB cartoons. Replacing Toad with Ugtar, a horrid little caveman Bart Simpson clone... nehhh... and Capt.N really should have a full half hour to make really good episodes. I mean, it was fun seeing the episode based on Mega Man 3, but that's about it. The Hoops one was dreadful.
Anyway, I do want this, but I really can't wait for SMB3.

Scandia
05-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I actually saw them at Best Buy. But I was hunting for a TMNT Season 4 DVD. And I don't have that much money to spend on DVDs.

Stupid stuff like needing new gym shoes and paying exorbitant prices for gasoline have gotten in the way.

majesty329
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
That's good news I like the Adventures Of Super Mario Bros. 3 better, but Super Mario World was good.