PDA

View Full Version : "Digitized" voice (Anyone else notice this?)

Janus Prospero
05-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I wasn’t too successful at searching to see if this has been discussed. Did anyone else notice this? Sometimes when a character is talking (I only think this ever affected Don and Leo in the movie), their voice will speed up and become all...digitized (for lack of a better word.) It happens a few times but the two instances in which it’s most notable are. The computerized voice segment is in italics:

Leo: “But I’m not gonna stand here and debate Splinter’s direct orders with you!”

Don: “Okay Leo whatever you say. Nobody was talking about him.”

Has anyone else noticed this? It’s like they had trouble syncing the voice recording up with the animation, and rather that redo either of them, they decided to speed up the voice recording to match the lips. But it comes out all computerized sounding for some reason. This is probably the most distracting part of the movie for me as I noticed it on my first viewing and can’t really ignore it even though I’ve tried for subsequent viewings.

Kunoichi_Haruko
05-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Those parts do sound slightly off, but I just thought it was a slight echo for Don's line.

Tinuvielsdreams
05-17-2007, 07:10 AM
There were a few lines that seemed odd to me, but I wonder how difficult the lip syncing was to do with the particular mouth shapes for the turtles.
Maybe they had to do some awkward re editing or maybe some lines were added later

gobo
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I didn't hear anything distorted. For that line from Leo, it sounded quite intentional for it to be sped up at the particular point. But, they both sounded perfect to me.

iris
05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I didn't hear anything distorted. For that line from Leo, it sounded quite intentional for it to be sped up at the particular point. But, they both sounded perfect to me.
Don did kind of say that line through a clenched jaw, so it was a carefully neutral monotone. Perhaps that's what sounded "digital"? I didn't hear any distortion either.

SassyGal
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought I heard something but I thought it was just me :P

jenna
05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
There was definitely a lot of bad lip-sync and I agree that Don's line sounded a bit unnatural, but I thought the Leo line about Splinter's direct orders was fabulously executed. I know a lot of people here didn't like it but I really did.