PDA

View Full Version : Egypt

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't own the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or other TMNT characters. Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird created them in 1983-1984.

This is an RPG based on the 1987 TMNT cartoon with a classic TMNT theme. Set during the Vacaction in Europe series in mid 1990 (Tower of Power was "July 14"). Krang's Technodrome scanner in Dimension X discovers a strange power source in Egypt, a small object that once was a part of a meteorite, with origins in Dimension X, that drifted through space for a long, long time and crashed on the Earth thousands of years later (Earth time). It crashed long before Jesus was born, in Ancient Egypt. The Ancient Egyptians discovered it and used it as a treasure, because it looks somehing like a diamond and that's what they thought it was. The Ancient Egyptians placed it in a pyramide in Egypt, where it's now. The small object can be used to power up the Technodrome and bring it wherever Krang and Shredder wants, and of course they want it to Earth. Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady go there through the dimensional portal to steal it. April, Irma and Vernon are in Italy, and get a message from some international news agency that a masked man and two men "dressed like a rhino and a warthog" were seen by some local people in Egypt. They go to Eypt by boat or ship. The TMNT are also in Italy, and follow them (by taking the Turtle Van on the boat). When arriving in Egypt, the troubles begins. I will begin the storytelling.

==Characters==
===TMNT===
*Donatello
*Leonardo
*Michaelangelo
*Raphael
*Splinter

===Channel 6===
*Vernon Fenwick
*Irma Langinstein
*April O'Neil
*Burne Thompson (in the US, can talk to April, Irma and Vernon in telephone)

===Shredder's gang===
*Shredder
*Krang
*Bebop
*Rocksteady

One player can control more than one character.

Let the characters stay as they are in the 1987 cartoon.

No fan characters or other TMNT characters from this or other versions allowed, but local people can appear (like the TMNT meeting some Egyptians, but we have to introduce them first and they can't know the characters from the beginning, maybe some local people can know April as a reporter).

Earth culture and technology may reflect 1990, not today (sorry kids, no Internet as we know it today and not everyone using mobile telephones and no DVD). No refering to songs and other stuff that came after 1990, or talking about countries that weren't independent back then as independent countries.

Technodrome at the Dimension X asteroid.

This is based on a 1980's cartoon, so no sex (Donatello can of course say Irma's cute or something like in the cartoon), or not to much violence (I think there are other TMNT versions to use for sex or darker stories).

Try to explain things (like if Krang shows up on Earth, first he goes through the dimensional portal)

Write that things happened, not that they happen (like "Splinter was meditating", not "Splinter was meditates").

Foot robots can be sent to Earth by Krang, but not played as characters (they don't talk). If Krang leaves the Technodrome for the Earth, the Technodrome is empty and no Foot robots can be sent. If Krang leaves the Technodrome, the dimensional portals also have to stay open until he gets back.

Toonami Tom
07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Sounds cool. An RPG based on the the original toon and taking place in the 1980 (or early 90s?) should be fun.:) I would like to play as April O'Neil and Rocksteady. Who are you going to play as?

07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
As I told before, it's set in the year 1990, during the "Vacation in Europe" series, but this story includes a detour to Africa (Egypt). I can play Donatello, Michaelangelo and Irma.

Magdolin
07-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I'll take Leonardo.

Sonic777
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Any chance that I may be Shredder please?

Toonami Tom
07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Cool, so when does the RPG start?

07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Cool, so when does the RPG start?

Of course it starts when we have all players we need to control the characters. I can also control som minor characters of these (like Burne and Vernon) if noone other wants.

cowabunga14
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I'll play as Splinter, Vernon, and Krang. If Splinter won't be on vacation with the Turtles, then I'll also play as Raphael.

07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Splinter is in Europe in the Vacation in Europe episodes, so he shall be with the TMNT of course.

Magdolin
07-11-2007, 08:04 AM
If it helps, I'll be Bebop and Rocksteady, and Leonardo.

Toonami Tom
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
I was going to play as Rocksteady, as well as April.

Magdolin
07-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Oh Okay. Then I'll be just Leo Bebop K?

07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Let's begin. I take the control of Burne Thompson if noone other wants to control him. He stays in the USA and talks to April in telephone, so he doesn't say much, he will just inform April that he got a message from some international news agency that a masked man and two men "dressed like a rhino and a warthog" were seen by some local people in Egypt. I begin the story now.

==Diamond in the Sky==
Egypt, 2500 Before Christ. It was a dark night in the Sahara desert. Suddenly, a strange object came from from outer space and appeared in the sky. First, it had entered the Milky Way, then the Solar System and now it was lit up by the Sun before crashing right down towards planet Earth.

What humans on Earth knew about astronomy wasn't much compared to later. Many believed that the Earth was flat back then. At that time, comets and other things looking like that were thought to symbolize bad luck, like war, famine and disease.

When the object crashed in Egypt, the Egyptians used it as a treasure and placed it inside a pyramid. They couldn't understand what it was. However, they wrote about the incident down in Egyptian hieroglyphs.

As the years went by, things like culture, economics, education, politics, war, religion, law, art, sports, science and technolohy on the Earth advanced and developed. Egypt went through several periods, like falling first to the Greeks, and later to the Romans where it belonged at the time of the Birth of Christ, the 1517 attacks from the Ottoman Turks, the 1798 attacks from Napoleon, World War II, the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the 1952-1953 switch from monarchy to republic, the 1956 Suez Crisis, the 1967 Six Day War, 1973 October War, the 1978 Camp David Accords and the 1981 assassination of Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser.

Now, it was 1990, and a sunny day in July. The Northern Hemisphere of the Earth had summer. Not far from Egypt, in Italy, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) and Splinter were on vacation. A Channel 6 News team, with April O'Neil, Irma Langinstein and Vernon Fenwick, was also in Italy.

Meanwhile, far from the Earth and the Milky Way, in the distant galaxy of Dimension X, a conversation was going on in the Technodrome, located on an asteroid. It was Krang, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, who were watching a computer screen, showing an electronic map of Egypt. Krang had discovered something strange on the Technodrome scanner, a meteorite, with origins in Dimension X had crashed in Egypt long ago, but Krang hadn't discovered it until now. He planned to open the dimensional portal and send Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady to Egypt and get it becaused he knew it contained a diamond-like substance with origins in Dimension X, a substance which could be used to power up the Technodrome.

Magdolin
07-11-2007, 03:46 PM
(YAY! RP, RP, Rp,Rp, Yay!)

Baxter_Stockman
08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Is Baxter Stockman in your roleplay? If not I understand.

08-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Is Baxter Stockman in your roleplay? If not I understand.

No, he isn't. At that point of the series, he is on some strange planet.

10-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Will we play this? If not, it can be a fanfiction instead.