PDA

View Full Version : Bebop and Rocksteady

ToTheNines
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I know they usually screw up together, but I'd have to say Bebop was the most useless dude. Next time I got through all of the OT episodes (first 3 seasons at least) I think i'll keep a tally for individual dumb things they did. Bebop was normally the harder boss in the games, except the first one, though that could be argued due to the Rocksteady cheat lol.

Scandia
07-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I am leaning towards Rocksteady being the Whiteface and Bebop being the Auguste.

In layman's terms, this would make Rocksteady be Butt-head and Bebop be Beavis.

And in Turtle terms, Rocksteady would be Raphael and Bebop would be Michelangelo.

So Bebop would be dumber indeed.

Rooish
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I chose Bebop, but only because I liked Rocksteady more (in species, name, appearance). Haha, either way, I miss those guys.

CyberCubed
07-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I've always liked Rocksteady a bit more than Bebop, I don't know why. I guess it seemed that Rocksteady had a bit more character than Bebop in most episodes.

And yeah, I miss those two lovable idiots as well. At least the Season 5 DVD is almost out so we can watch them screw up again. :)

Coola Yagami
07-02-2007, 08:24 PM
hmm Rocksteady always got more lines and Bebop was just there to agree or disagree. At times Rocksteady was the smarter one to explain things to Bebop, like when they were working at Channel 6 in 'Plan 6 from Outer Space' where Rocksteady stopped Bebop from blasting the guy. It felt kinda weird and refreshing to see Bebop working alone when Rocksteady was captured in 'Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers'.

I did like Bebop more. He had the cooler voice and wasn't as whiney as Rocksteady was, and while Rocksteady was more like the front man, he wouldn't be the same without Bebop.

KROW
07-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Although I like him more, I voted Bebop as more useless. Like Coola said, Bebop always needed things explained to him. Also, I think the fact that prior to their mutation, Rocksteady was the leader of their little gang. Perhaps the one with the most brains earned that title.

VaughnMichael
07-02-2007, 09:09 PM
I always looked at bebop more as rocksteadys side kick but I have to admit lookin back over the series I'd have to say that Bebop is the smarter of the two.
Edit: it's funny as usual everyone has a differnt opinion that I do hahah
Edit Agin: but it's funny how more people voted bebop...I voted for him only because of what I believe not who I like more I happen to like Rocksteady more.

SassyGal
07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I always looked at bebop more as rocksteadys side kick but I have to admit lookin back over the series I'd have to say that Bebop is the smarter of the two.
Edit: it's funny as usual everyone has a differnt opinion that I do hahah
Edit Agin: but it's funny how more people voted bebop...I voted for him only because of what I believe not who I like more I happen to like Rocksteady more.

I agree with you!!!! I always thought Bebop was smarter of the two...that's why I picked Rocksteady as the more useless one. Having to pick the more useful of the two was hard as they both pretty useless, but I was thinking back about Invasion of the Turtlesnatchers and while Shredder & Rocksteady were on the spaceship, Krang sent Bebop to find the power source alone & he was doing a pretty good job without Rocksteady.

VaughnMichael
07-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree with you!!!! I always thought Bebop was smarter of the two...that's why I picked Rocksteady as the more useless one. Having to pick the more useful of the two was hard as they both pretty useless, but I was thinking back about Invasion of the Turtlesnatchers and while Shredder & Rocksteady were on the spaceship, Krang sent Bebop to find the power source alone & he was doing a pretty good job without Rocksteady.
yay! and exactly!

jeff the cheff
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Bebop didn't have any good ideas and didn't do anything...rocksteady had all the bad ideas.

I voted Bebop

Nightwatcher
07-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I voted Bebop....but it was truly hard to choose between the two.

odupianist
07-03-2007, 07:29 AM
bebop cause i liked rocksteady more

Sage Ninja
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Rocksteady did seem like he had more presence than Bebop in the five episode pilote. Rocksteady had the most lines too over-all. It seemed like Rocksteady was more of a go-getter than Bebop (as is shown in Plan Six episode).

But then Bebop seemed like he had more awareness of what was going on than Rocksteady at times. Like when when he warned Rocksteady about not eating the pizza with the love potion on it. Or when Bebop pointed out to Rocksteady, when they where kidnapping Princess Mallory, that there where other princesses other than Cinderella. Or when he was trying to make the adjustments to slave machine (the one that made every one think they where children and monkeys).

But really this topic is spliting hairs. Its like speculating which cartoon dad is more stupid.

Homer from the Simpsons

or

Peter Griffin from Family Guy

its a pretty close call...

ToTheNines
07-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I think Rocksteady is the one who fed the Grybyx a burger and ruined that little scheme (which shredder had all wrapped up). But I also remember Rocksteady was very skillful while runnnig from the turtles in The Big Rip Off.

Scandia
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Now if Abigail Finn were to capture Bebop and Rocksteady, would they drive her up the wall first, or would she drive those two even battier?

weredog
07-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I think it's a toss up. They were both pretty dumb. I'd say they were all muscle and no brains but they weren't very good fighters either.They never really posed much of a threat. I don't think the Turtles ever really took them seriously, but then they didn't need to. I often wondered why Shredder and Krang even bothered with them.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
During season 1 and 2, Bebop and Rocksteady had the best fights against the TMNT, and were deadly threats, even to Splinter. Bebop were near to hurt Splinter. They also used more machine guns in the begninning, not so much laser guns, which they begun with later.

ToTheNines
07-03-2007, 04:54 PM
How were they a threat in season 2?

07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
How were they a threat in season 2?

They were at least in to the TMNT's lair in "the Cat Woman from Channel 6".

ToTheNines
07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
That was one altercation and the turtles tossed 'em in like 15 seconds, they were more worried about their busted TV than they were about the fact that Bebop and Rocksteady had actually located their home.

weredog
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM
During season 1 and 2, Bebop and Rocksteady had the best fights against the TMNT, and were deadly threats, even to Splinter. Bebop were near to hurt Splinter. They also used more machine guns in the begninning, not so much laser guns, which they begun with later.

I forgot about that. Bebop had Splinter by the neck there at one point didn't he? It's been years since I've seen any of the OT. In the first season, or at least the first few episodes they were actually a threat, then they kind of nerfed them.

VaughnMichael
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
They also went back to how they first started out during the last normal cbs episodes and the last few red sky episodes we saw them in as well.

ToTheNines
07-03-2007, 07:57 PM
During which season did the turtles switch over to USA?

VaughnMichael
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
During which season did the turtles switch over to USA?
it was never switched over to usa they only ever played the reruns on usa.
The only new episodes they ever played where the lost vacation episodes.

ToTheNines
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I remember watching those as a kid. Did Raph have that alternate voice the whole vacation series? I didn't like that voice too much, but holy ****, it was SOOOO much better than his alternate voice for season 3, you could tell he was at least trying to sound like Raph. I have a couple episodes recorded actually, one of them (the Italian one) has Jim Cummings as Shredders voice... good verteran voice actor (I love his Leatherhead, and Tigger too) but his crack at Saki was cringe worthy:dead:

VaughnMichael
07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I remember watching those as a kid. Did Raph have that alternate voice the whole vacation series? I didn't like that voice too much, but holy ****, it was SOOOO much better than his alternate voice for season 3, you could tell he was at least trying to sound like Raph. I have a couple episodes recorded actually, one of them (the Italian one) has Jim Cummings as Shredders voice... good verteran voice actor (I love his Leatherhead, and Tigger too) but his crack at Saki was cringe worthy:dead:
yeah raph did...and about shredders voice change you it's odd in some episodes it bothers me but say like in the red sky or the last few cbs episodes before red sky when the shows tone started to change it didn't bother me at all.

SassyGal
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
yeah raph did...and about shredders voice change you it's odd in some episodes it bothers me but say like in the red sky or the last few cbs episodes before red sky when the shows tone started to change it didn't bother me at all.

I sense a pattern...we agree again! I actually didn't mind Shredder's voice in the Red Sky episodes. Jim Cummings tried so hard in the vacation episodes, but dang!! He just didn't do it for me...he reminded me too much of Nega Duck in Darkwing Duck :lol: And don't even get me started about the Raphael alternative for the earlier episodes :P

It's too bad all the villains, especially Bebop and Rocksteady didn't retain their hardcore attitudes from season 1 throughout the series...oh well. They were always entertaining!!

Bad Guys Lover
07-04-2007, 05:00 PM
I voted for Rocksteady cause I kinda like Bebop. He`s emotional and smarter than Rocksteady;)

Speedbreaker
07-10-2007, 04:51 AM
I don't know if this counts for anything, but according to their profiles on the official website, Rocksteady was, according to Bebop, the smartest person he knew until he met "da boss", so I guess that means Bebop is, by his own admission, dumber than Rocksteady.

Scandia
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM
After watching "Leonardo is missing", it is pretty clear that Bebop is definitely more useless and stupid than Rocksteady.

OrangeMike
07-25-2007, 06:35 AM
In the first season, they were more difficult to beat and more violent, but as the show progressed they got even dumber and more useless. Personally, I liked how they acted more in the first season than they did later on. Anyway I always liked Rocksteady better for some reason.:lol:

07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
In the first season, they were more difficult to beat and more violent, but as the show progressed they got even dumber and more useless. Personally, I liked how they acted more in the first season than they did later on. Anyway I always liked Rocksteady better for some reason.:lol:

I agree. The entire action in the series was much better during the first two seasons.

fastforwarddregg
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree rocksteady did seem to be the leader of the duo. I cant stop cracking up at krang's thought extractor saying No data to extract when the extractor went on their brains.

OrangeMike
07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Watch this video of Rocksteady and Bebop, and notice the music that is in the background when they are fighting the turtles:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsP6qrMY9bI

Why did they stop using that music for them? It only played in Enter the Shredder and Shredder is splintered. It was good background music.

Mr._Mutant_Man
07-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I guess the show was meant to be really silly after season 1 (and still campy in season one, but it got sillier), but it would have been cool for Bebop and Rocksteady to be a little more intimidating.

With that said, Rocksteady probably would have been a tad more intimidating than Bebop. I just think a giant version of an animal that likes to gore things would be a little more intimidating. So Bebop is ever so slightly the more useless one.

Coola Yagami
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Watch this video of Rocksteady and Bebop, and notice the music that is in the background when they are fighting the turtles:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsP6qrMY9bI

Why did they stop using that music for them? It only played in Enter the Shredder and Shredder is splintered. It was good background music.

I think I know the tune you were talking about without even clicking the file, cause it IS a very rarely used theme.

The only OTHER time that tune ever appeared in the normal series is in the 'Gang's all here' episode, the few moments after Mikey first turned human after eating those Mutagen-laced cookies.

shuriken
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
I would say Rocksteady, even though I like him more I always felty that Bebop was a better fighter, plus with the Exclusion of the first TMNT game he's always the first boss.

TMNTserbia
08-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Hmmmm....Bebop.

Drtooth
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Homer from the Simpsons

or

Peter Griffin from Family Guy

its a pretty close call...

Well, while Homer is stupid, Peter is clinically retarded. (refer please to Petarded).

I always felt that Rocksteady was the dumber, more childish one in the group. And while Bebop is a moron as well, he usually seems to keep a cooler head (maybe just his voice) and comes up with a lot of snappy come backs (maybe more than Rocksteady). I always had an impression he was just a little smarter.

I do kinda like Rocksteady better, though. But out of a choice of three of them, including that Bat guy, the Bat guy, cuz he was only in 2 episodes and he did nothing.

Ledezman
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I prefer Bebop over Rocksteady because he's funnier and cooler I think... the way he speaks and all. But he is definitely dumber than Rocksteady lol. Voted for Bebop. I remember this episode where Shredder had a machine that generated holograms and stuff and eventually makes him think he is Michaelangelo because of a malfunction. Stupid Bebop screwed up the machine by inserting a diskette backwards... Rocksteady warned him about the diskette but Bebop ignored him :D

ToTheNines
08-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna make a tally count of all the stupid eff ups like that.

TheUltimateShredhead
08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Im pretty sure there same as useless. I dont think Shredder and Krang would have any bigger problems to take over the world or destroying the turtles without both of them, but the series wouldn't be same as funny:P.