PDA

View Full Version : Final Fast Forwards On Demand

Jon
07-16-2007, 04:26 AM
As Prometheus noted in my last thread like this, the last 4 episodes would be coming in July.

Well, they're now available from On Demand.

Though some folks have likely seen them (from -you- know where). I decided to wait til they came to my cablebox. So now have some TMNT FF watching to do (which I plan to, sometime today).

syk_skillz
07-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Really!!!!!? whoot! thanks for the info. I will watch today.

Old_toon_TMNT_Fan
07-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Really!!!!!? whoot! thanks for the info. I will watch today.

Yup, and I just finished watching them and thought it was great. The Zixth Sense didn't bring a closure to the series, but they did end the Sho'kanobo arc. I'm really upset that they didn't continue Fast Forward, the sencond season could of been great.

Buslady
07-18-2007, 07:01 AM
omg the DNA is Thicker one was not half bad. *faints*

VaughnMichael
07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Yup, and I just finished watching them and thought it was great. The Zixth Sense didn't bring a closure to the series, but they did end the Sho'kanobo arc. I'm really upset that they didn't continue Fast Forward, the sencond season could of been great.
My thoughts exactly and it's getting the axe because fans had to whine and couldn't let the damn show progress and develop.

ToTheNines
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM

I don't know if it could have been "great", I'm sure if they kept the progess up it would have been a quality season. But Fast Forward takes the turtles too much out of their element to produce a truly great season... I think.

VaughnMichael
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't know if it could have been "great", I'm sure if they kept the progess up it would have been a quality season. But Fast Forward takes the turtles too much out of their element to produce a truly great season... I think.
Their Element would be the new york city sewers and I don't know about you but I don't think I could take an entire series of just that cause not much would get done.:lol:

ToTheNines
07-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Lol, thats not exactly what I meant.

VaughnMichael
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Lol, thats not exactly what I meant.
I'm just messin' with ya' I don't really think the turtles have any one kind of targeted element though that you could pin down.
They've been all over time and space so it's a bit hard to do that.

blue_angel99
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Question....do you mean Time Warner Cable On-Demand or Comcast? :|

VaughnMichael
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Question....do you mean Time Warner Cable On-Demand or Comcast? :|
Comcast would be the Daddy!:D

triplexxx
07-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Just answer me one thing: are the writers gonna decide to take a couple of the first episodes of next season to give FF a complete finish before they move on?

VaughnMichael
07-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Just answer me one thing: are the writers gonna decide to take a couple of the first episodes of next season to give FF a complete finish before they move on?
Not sure 100% but I've been told that Fast Forward will have a proper ending with the turtles returning back to present day.
Now if they clear up anything with Dunn thats beyond me.

Spitfire
07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Not sure 100% but I've been told that Fast Forward will have a proper ending with the turtles returning back to present day.
Now if they clear up anything with Dunn thats beyond me.

Maybe they could do both in one episode.

As said before this is how I'd imagine a bunch of 15 year olds acting when their forced to stay in the sewers their entire life and their finally allowed to walk around in the open, in the day light. On top of that they just saved the entire planet and they get to see that their hard work payed off and made this wonderful future for everyone to live in.

Remember their not adults, while yes they matured very fast compared to most teens because of their situation their still kids at heart.

gobo
07-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Does it seem convenient to anyone else that this show was consistently lame until Laird was freed up to go run quality control again? The last several episodes of the season really redeemed it. It just wasn't soon enough. :ohwell:

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
The episodes are on YouTube if you are all interested.

ToTheNines
07-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I think it would be cool if they wrapped up the Dark Turtles thing in a Fast Forward video game, it wouldn't have to be canon but it'd be better than making up your own story (mabey).

blue_angel99
07-19-2007, 06:57 PM
The episodes are on YouTube if you are all interested.

Shhhhhhh! :P

Time Mistress
07-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Just watched them. Didn't like the Collector ep at all or the Torbin Zix one much but Day of Awakening managed to make Shokonabo a decent threat for once and the Dark Leo ep is one of my favorites of the season, good stuff. So I'm glad I decided to stick it out for the whole season, but boy was it incredibly inconsistent in terms of quality - a rare gem one week and something totally sucky the next, but the second half was better than the first so maybe Laird's involvement was responible for the improvement of the second half of the season. So I'll continue to watch next season as well, but I'm still iffy on getting the DVDs of FF. But I'm glad recorded the season so I have my TV copies to watch at least.

Spitfire
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Figure I'd chime in here and post this funny topic
http://4kids.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=162763

That's how moronic FF bashers can get ugh makes them look even dumber not because the shows actually good.

VaughnMichael
07-19-2007, 10:20 PM

That's how moronic FF bashers can get ugh makes them look even dumber not because the shows actually good.
Omg hahahahahahahah
I think this is my favorite one
Willaim, Have you went to the TMNT website? It said that they are trying to stop the show of TMNT:Fast Forward because there's been a mistake, i even asked Peter Laird and he said they sill haven't got a reply. They are trying every thing they can, just like us.
I AGREE! STOP FROM SHOWING TMNT: FAST FORWARD AND SEE REST OF NINJA TRIBURNAL!!!! .

if you go to [---------- and read the bottom of TMNT TV of 2006, it tells you everything and I would answer the evidence, but that's some evidence plus Peter Laird said that if I write down what he wrote to me or give someone his e-mail, e won't tell me anymore news or you guys.
Well anyone else smell a big pile of bullsh1t cause i sure do.:roll:

Fledermaus
07-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Just watched them. Didn't like the Collector ep at all

I actually liked that one a lot. It was pretty clever, a good jab at fanatic collectors and Pokemon... They were all pretty good -- well written. Cept for that dumb racing episode -- couldn't stand the first five minutes. But as for the rest, I was impressed.

Everyone was in character. The way Raph kept provoking Dark Leo, the part when Leo says that he hates the Scorpion "it's my nature" story. And then we see that Don's intelligence is not limited to a pedantic fascination with gears and gadgets. Not bad. They were plenty action-packed and dark enough -- it was almost like watching the original show. :)

nimrod
07-20-2007, 07:11 AM
I just watched the last 6 episodes on youtube. I must say for the most part I was a little let down.

Race for Glory - just another episode

Head of State- I liked the episode until the really sappy parts. Are they really trying to make everybody good?

DNA is thicker than water - Probably my favorite of the this group of eps. I know it's like they are tempting you with the idea of turning at least one of the Dark turtles good but for some reason this one did work. Leo's test was especially good.

Cosmic Completist - Decent episode and pretty funny in parts. Nothing special though.

Day of Awakening - This should have been the "season finale" if any of them. They did end the Shokanabo story which was cool. The could have made it more climatic and less rushed by actually having this as a two-parter.

The Zixxth Sense - Just another Torbin Zixx episode but it was cool to see Don finally wising up to him. I wish they would have shown more about his story though. This really shouldn't have been a season finale.

ToTheNines
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM

I would be embarassed to be a TMNT fan by these people, but they're probably no older than 11 so I'll let it slide.

kerfootw
07-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Just saw the last five. Each one except "The Cosmic Completist" was great!

gobo
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
"The Cosmic Completist", while not amazing, was an interesting twist on the otherworldly big-game hunter cliche. So, while I was impressed with its premise, there was something about that episode I also didn't care for.

HalfcourtGame
07-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I have to admit that I have come around to the FF series. I enjoyed the final espisodes with the exception of the race one (uhhhh where did that Falcon kid come from, only to never return. Did I miss something??!) I see people didn't like the collector episode but I thought it was kinda funny cuz I could relate. Mint on card :lol: . I think they should have flip flopped #25 and #26, it would have made for a better closer for the series.

Spitfire
07-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Omg hahahahahahahah
I think this is my favorite one

Well anyone else smell a big pile of bullsh1t cause i sure do.:roll:

Haha Yeah I know that one split my sides to. "I can't say what he said or he won't talk to me anymore" More like he doesn't talk to you know. He knows Laird and I'm a member of the FBI.

kerfootw
07-21-2007, 10:00 AM
"The Cosmic Completist", while not amazing, was an interesting twist on the otherworldly big-game hunter cliche. So, while I was impressed with its premise, there was something about that episode I also didn't care for.

Yeah, that's pretty much it for me too.

Time Mistress
07-21-2007, 09:29 PM
I guess I didn't like it because the "cosmic collector" idea isn't a new one to me. I saw a similar plot on the Powerpuff Girls years ago, not to mention "The Most Toys" episode of Star Trek the Next Generation, both of which pulled off the concept better imho. I'm also getting tired of episodes featuring Mikey likes comics, video games, action figures, etc. I do find jokes about "mint on box" collectors funny though, I just really dislike that Mikey was considered one of them. You'd think he'd apreciate his action figures for their play value and not their monatary value.

To each his own though, a lot of people seem to dislike the racing episode and I liked it. I seem to like FF eps with Tripple Threat for some reason I still can't answer. I guess I just find him funny.

Scandia
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I just wanted to state that on the DVD, "The Zixxth Sense" is listed before "Day of Awakening". So the latter one may be the season finale indeed.

DrSpengler
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Picked up the Vol. 2 DVD and watched those last few episodes.

I think "Head of State" was the strongest of the lot and I'm glad to see Baxter get a happy ending of some sort, though I'm not entirely convinced he deserved it, troubled childhood or not. Still, the story behind Bishop's redemption was really good and I dug the Organic Mousers.

"DNA is Thicker than Water" was alright, though the plot of "villain pretends to be good to get drop on heroes actually has second thoughts turns evil again but not entirely" has been done to death in cartoons. The ending was alright and as far as Fast Forward episodes go it was one of the better installments.

"Day of Awakening" was an okay ending though I think the Sho'kanabo arc wasn't handled particularly well (as the "big bad" he was hardly in the series, it seemed) and resolved way too quickly. Still, it was a nice moment for Cody and gave him the oppertunity to prove his worth.

As a whole I don't think FF was the anti-Christ of TMNT like so many treat it, but it was most certainly a step down. Nevertheless, I liked it enough to want to see a resolution to the final few plot threads and I am a bit irked that we'll likely never get them. Not a strong note to end on.

CyberCubed
08-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm actually pretty happy with these last 6 episodes. Generally the race one was just a filler that could have been avoided, but I do like how it tied into the Planet Racers episode from Season 3. I wasn't expecting that.

Am I the only one really happy that the writers didn't overload us on Shoko'nobo? I think FF having two villains (Darius and Shoko'nobo) really helped it, because if it was just one of them for the whole season the episodes would have gotten stale. And I wasn't expecting Raph/Don to kill Shoko'nobo in the last episode, I was expecting him to get away or escape, I'm glad the writers killed him off. I wonder if Viral is dead too, it sort of looked like it.

In fact, I think FF had good pacing with all its villains. Shoko'nobo wasn't shoved down our throats, and it looked like he was going to be at the start. The Dark Turtles only had 3 episodes, Jammerhead had 4, Torbin Zixx had 3, Zukko had 3, The Inuwashi Gunjin had 3, Bishop had 3, and Viral only had 2 major eps to herself. Darius was probably in the most overall.

I'm guessing the first episode of the next season will wrap up the Darius Dunn storyline and have the Turtles return home. I'm still betting the Dark Turtles are going to return next season by sneaking through the time window, they're the only FF villains I can see being brought back to the normal timeline, and there's more potential with them.

I also hope we get to see Baxter get a new human body in the first ep of next season.