PDA

View Full Version : Vintage TMNT Action Figure Stands!!!

KRON
07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey all,
I have a question about action figure stands for the original TMNT. As you all know, some of the turtles can not stand on their own and I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that made action figure stands for them? I've done some internet research and I can only find ones by Protech and RealStands. But these companies do not state if they will work or not. Any help would be great!!!

KRON
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
It seems that no one knows this answer. I did however get in contact with RealStands.com and they sent me thier Type 1 and type 2 stands. There made for the old and new Star Wars action figures. The type 1 stands do not fit the bottom holes on the figures, but the type 2 ones do! The type 1 stands are for the newer Star Wars figures and have 2 pegs, while the type 2 stands are for the older ones and have only one peg.
That also means that the Protech stands will also work on the vintage turtles. You would just need to get the ones that fit the 1985 or older category. They come in black or clear. But from reading the Realstands.com product reviews, no one had anything good to say about Protech. I don't know how accurate those statements were.
There's also figure stands made by Mcfarlane toys for the Spawn collection. I own a few of the spawn figures and they come with there own stands. The pegs on those stands do fit the vintage turtles. At Spawn.com in the online toy catalog, stands are for sale and the description states that they will fit any Spwan figure, so that tells me that they'll fit any vintage turtle figure.
I guess it all comes down to which one looks better and cost. If anyone else knows of any other brands that work, it would be useful knowledge to pass onto other people. In the mean time, I'll keep searching and see what I can find.

Slash
07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
http://smalljoes.com/supplies_stands.shtml

Those work. They are GIJOE stands but work as well.

KRON
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I've decided to go with the clear type 2 realstands. The ones with the one peg. The stands look great and fit just perfectly. I'll attach a picture to show everyone how it looks. I hope it helps you decide which ones to get. I know I'm pleased!

mattmanw54301
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Are those the Star Wars stands?

KRON
07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes they are, they're the type 2 ones from www.realstands.com. They fit the vintage turtles. I have not yet found ones specifically made for the turtles.