PDA

View Full Version : YAY ME!! WOOHOO! I meet Kevin!

Buslady
07-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Woohoo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/buslady/DSC00801.jpg

AND HE DRAW ME A RAPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeha I look posessed with red eyes.

later on going up the gasla,p quarter i spotted kevin on a restaruant patio and rolled down my window, chris yells out KEVIN! Im like OMG he's on his own time chris but Kev was so cool, he knew who we were and was cool about it :D such a nice kickback guy totally

raphdude
07-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Awesome , Buslady!8)

I've met Kevin at cons before and he was very approachable.
He would draw sketches and wouldn't stop until the last person in line got one, even though his hand was falling off!

Very cool guy.8) I'm proud to have 3 of his artworks on my walls.:)

Scandia
07-28-2007, 05:00 AM
That sounds so cool. He seems very friendly.

I met Yoshitaka Amano last year and he drew me a Rosa AND a Terra in my Final Fantasy artbooks! I was dressed as Terra that day and all!

TristanHuwJones
07-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Where are all you guys?! I keep wanting to meet you but I haven't seen anyone with TMNT gear! Mind you, my head and eyes are going a million miles an hour here at the con...

Buslady
07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Wha!??!? You didn't see Leonardo walking around yesterday????

I was techincal support for Leo. I don't think our Leo will be out today or tomorrow though, it's not easy floor walking with that outfit on. Mister Sisti thought it was cool though! He was rigged up there even for a Henson demo; I can't believe the advances in animatronics since TMNT1...
Look for T-shirts! I was only there Friday. There's alot of TMNT nuts, mainly the gang here online.

Aignatius
07-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Nice to hear the news on how the San D Con is going! I don't think you look possessed, BL. It's a good pic of both of you. Also glad to hear that Leo got some assistance from you. It's not easy to see out of that mask. :D

odupianist
07-28-2007, 10:16 AM
That's what I liked about the animatronics in TMNT1 though. That they were that rugged. TMNT3 tried to make them too advanced, hence the horribleness of them

jenna
07-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Awesome, Buslady.

Where are all you guys?! I keep wanting to meet you but I haven't seen anyone with TMNT gear! Mind you, my head and eyes are going a million miles an hour here at the con...

I wish I didn't live in stupid England then I could come! From the pics that have been posted it looks like fun.

Buslady
07-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Nice to hear the news on how the San D Con is going! I don't think you look possessed, BL. It's a good pic of both of you. Also glad to hear that Leo got some assistance from you. It's not easy to see out of that mask. :D

yeah I can't remember who said it, but one of the gals in our group said 'look! raph's helping leo!'

:lol:

I'm like yeah well, once in awhile he's gotta..

Ninjinister
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
You... met... KEVIN!? Holy shiznit! (Dies convulsing)

jerome
07-28-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah I can't remember who said it, but one of the gals in our group said 'look! raph's helping leo!'

:lol:

I'm like yeah well, once in awhile he's gotta..

haha:lol: that made me chuckle.

I wish i could go to ComicCon...but living in Texas we get our fair share of good cons every year. Unfortunately there isn't much turtles but we do pretty well on the Star Wars stuff so that almost makes it worth it....almost

Vegita-San
07-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Wha!??!? You didn't see Leonardo walking around yesterday????

I was techincal support for Leo. I don't think our Leo will be out today or tomorrow though, it's not easy floor walking with that outfit on. Mister Sisti thought it was cool though! He was rigged up there even for a Henson demo; I can't believe the advances in animatronics since TMNT1...
Look for T-shirts! I was only there Friday. There's alot of TMNT nuts, mainly the gang here online.

Huh? there where Henson folk there? What where the TMNT Connections, if any? Also, what's this movie news and where did it come from? We're assuming comic con and someone at the warners booth :).

Janus Prospero
07-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Damn you were there Friday? Drat, I didn't go Friday and for some reason I thought you were going to be there today, although looking back at the previous thread you do clearly say, "Friday." Im such an airhead. :P I was actually looking around for you so I could shout something like, "A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me... you didn't pay money for this." And then we could of chatted about our shared admiration for the turtle in red.

And Dammitx2! I talked briefly with Leo (whom I met for the first time) on Wednesday. I could have sworn she said she was going to go out in costume on Saturday. I soooo wanted a picture of me kissing Leonardo on the cheek. ;)

And she said deffinitely no on Sunday because since you're checked out of the hotel, you have no place to go back to for an immediate shower.

Of well. I'll post a TMNT related round-up of the Con on Monday after I've had some time to recover.

Roseangelo
07-29-2007, 01:33 AM
*flails arms*

I still haven't run into Tristan or Jake... !!!!

Send me a PM giving me a place and time to meet you tomorrow (probably after 11 but before 2 would be best) and I'll be there. Anyone else who has my phone number can feel free to use it, too.

Time Mistress
07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats on meeting Kevin! That must have been awesome!

I live nowhere near San Diego so so much for making it to SDCC (the best I can hope for is that BBTS will honor my preorder for Alt Rodimus).