PDA

View Full Version : Who would make a perfect turtle?

ToTheNines
08-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Most of you might think I'm nuts, but... I was watching Good Burger the other day, and it hit me that that Kel Mitchell would be a friggin perfect Mikey if he took it seriously :lol:

Have you ever heard another actor, singer or even a regular joe you know and thought they would be a perfect (enter turlte here)?

Leogeddon
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
hmmmm... that's a tough one...
One of my friends named Jordan would make a perfect Raph/Mikey... but he can't stay consistant on the turtle.

I thought i can make a good turtle... but i can't stay as one of them, especially Donatello, i can't possibly be like him because im no mechanic nor engineer.

ToTheNines
08-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I just meant as a voice actor.

MoreCowbell5263
08-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I saw this thread on imdb, he/she proposed an allstar cast for the next turtles movie and listed A-list celebrities in the cast, he also said Kel Mitchell, so it could be you Nines for all I know. Well, if it were me, I'd say I'd agree with the cast the other person mentioned. Matt Damon or Leo DiCaprio for Leo, I'd say Jake Gyllenhaal for Don, maybe Hugh Jackman for Raph if he does the Wolverine voice. Mikey is hard for me to come up with, I wouldn't want to hear Kel Mitchell, but I haven't heard his voice lately. All I can think of is his Good Burger skits where he was like uber-surfer. If the movie were like OT Mike, then maybe Kel Mitchell, but I don't think I'd want to see that. But that's just me, he might pleasantly surprise me.

KROW
08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I think Rob Van Dam could do a great Mikey. Either him, or Jason Mewes.

As for the others... Hmmm... Maybe Johnny Depp as Leonardo. He's got a somber tone to his voice when he speaks normally. And how about Haydn Christiansen for Raphael? He put some good angst in his voice in SWIII. Donatello might be well off with Greg Proops doing his voice.

Outside of the four, I think that Patrick Warburton would be perfect for Bebop, Brad Garrett as Rocksteaedy, and Ken Watanabe as Splinter.

ToTheNines
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I saw this thread on imdb, he/she proposed an allstar cast for the next turtles movie and listed A-list celebrities in the cast, he also said Kel Mitchell, so it could be you Nines for all I know.

Nope it wasn't me. And yes Jake Gyllenhal would be a good Donnie, and so would Toby Macguire. As for Kel, listen to "We're all dudes" by Less Than Jake, and when he says "rock on dudes" at the end, it really reminds me off Robbie Rist.

As for the others... Hmmm... Maybe Johnny Depp as Leonardo. He's got a somber tone to his voice when he speaks normally. And how about Haydn Christiansen for Raphael? He put some good angst in his voice in SWIII. Donatello might be well off with Greg Proops doing his voice.

Outside of the four, I think that Patrick Warburton would be perfect for Bebop, Brad Garrett as Rocksteaedy, and Ken Watanabe as Splinter.

Hell yeah Krow, you nailed those 3 so perfectly. I really hope Watanabe replaces Mako for the sequel.

Time Mistress
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Ever since seeing 13 Going on 30 and Just Like Heaven I thought Mark Ruffalo would make a good voice actor for Raph. He seems to be a genuine New Yorker like Josh Pais was.

ToTheNines
08-09-2007, 09:29 PM
As far as people who are already voice actors I'd wanna hear

Steven Jay Blum as Raph (I'd love to hear him do Leo as well)
Billy West as Don
Quinton Flynn as Mikey
Ian James Corlett as Leo

MoreCowbell5263
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Quintin Flynn, was he Spider-Man from Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Time Mistress
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Ian James Corlett as Leo

I think he's make a good Mikey actually. But Ian as either would be a very good choice.

I think Leif Tilden would have been good as the voice of Donny, not just playing him inside the suit but do both like Josh did.

Billy West is also a good choice for Don.

ToTheNines
08-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Ooo, I just thought of an even better Leo... Michael Erwin.

Sage Ninja
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I would die of high blood pressure if they ever cast Carrot Top as Michaelangelo :sick: :dead: :sick: :dead:

ToTheNines
08-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I would die of high blood pressure if they ever cast Carrot Top as Michaelangelo :sick: :dead: :sick: :dead:

Lol, who ever suggested this?

Sage Ninja
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Lol, who ever suggested this?

my bratty little sister:evil:

ToTheNines
08-12-2007, 09:22 PM
my bratty little sister:evil:

There's only one punishment extreme enough for that...

http://climateprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/lucy-2.jpg

Sage Ninja
08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know if any one has seen the slasher movie Disturbia but the korean guy who plays the main characters best friend had a personality similar to Michaelangelo. He was pretty freakin funny and cute in the movie. I think he could do a good Mikey, if he applied the same personality he gave his character in the movie to Michelangelo. Plus he just so cute :)

And how about Denis Leary for Raphael :D

ToTheNines
08-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I could hear Neil Patrick Harris doing any of the turtles (Except mabey Raph, but you never know with VA's). I thought of another good celebrity voice earlier today but now I can't even remeber which turtle I thought he'd be good for.

ToTheNines
08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Just realized that John DiMaggio could prolly do a good Bebop and/or Rocksteady. I've been trying to think of a good Shredder latley, but I can't really come up with one, I'm sure there's someone out there. I had no idea who Scottie Ray was, and I loved his Shredder.

Dragnskull
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM
i always thought (and im sure people here think the same about themselves) that i would make a great ninja turtle. i know all there personalities and can probably mimic them very well...personally i think i could make a great donny raph or mikey...granted id have to learn to do the stunts.

Leonardo Leads
08-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Alan Tudyk as Donatello
James Marsden as Leonardo
Steven Jay Blum as Raphael
Michael Rosenbaum as Michelangelo

Ken Watanabe as Master Splinter

ToTheNines
08-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Quintin Flynn, was he Spider-Man from Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Yes sir, he was.

Alan Tudyk as Donatello
James Marsden as Leonardo
Steven Jay Blum as Raphael
Michael Rosenbaum as Michelangelo

Ken Watanabe as Master Splinter

Alan Tudyk?
James Marsden: Leo's voice is pretty plain, normally... so anyone could do him really
Steven Jay Blum: My sentiments exactly
Michael Rosenbaum: Mabey
Ken Watanabe: Hell yes

Leonardo Leads
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Alan Tudyk?

Listening to his voice during Firefly, I just thought maybe he could pull off Donnie.

Not much more to say than that.

ToTheNines
08-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't even know who the dude is, and what is Firefly?

Leonardo Leads
08-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Firefly was a TV show Created by Joss Whedon (Angel, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Writer of Astonishing X-Men), even a Theatrical Film Spun off of the show, which was titled Serenity

ToTheNines
08-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Just thought of another celebrity voice that would be cool. Zach Braff as Donatello :)

XERO
08-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Okay...

... Who would play me?

Aelia
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Okay...

... Who would play me?

That's easy! Uhh, you would be played by...uh...um.

Yourself?

Kendamu
08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I think it'd be great to see:

Leonardo - Brian O'Halloran
Michealngelo - Jason Mewes
Donatello - Kevin Smith
Raphael - Jeff Anderson

...for some kind of OT-related deal... or at least something funny (thought not corny) involving the Turtles. See where I'm going with my cast, though?

ToTheNines
09-30-2007, 11:30 AM
David Boreanaz would be a good Raphael

XERO
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Meh, we already got Buffy as April. Angel as Raphael would be pushing it.:P

Next thing you know, we'll have Xander as Bebop AND Rocksteady.:lol:

Giles as Baxter...

KROW
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM

No, he would be a good Casey. Danny Bonaduce would be a good Raph.

Jester
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Phil Lammar as Baxter Stockman
Michael Chiklis would make a good Raph...just think pre-Thing Ben Grimm.
Seth Green might be a good Donnie...if you can get past him being Oz....:P
The guy who played the 70's live action Spidey wopuld be a good Leo...Nicholas Hammond
Mikey....Mikey...Mikey...Steve Zahn? Jack Black? I dunna...

KROW
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Phil Lammar as Baxter Stockman

Perfect. LaMarr not only looks the part, but he can definitely act it.

Jester
10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Phil is very versital. I love him in Family Guy and JLU

XERO
10-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Phil will always be Static Shock.

ALWAYS.

syd
10-03-2007, 02:26 AM
out of some kinda unknown reason,i'd like to keep the present voice pannel in the lately movie unchanged.=x
i just think that it'd be no good for an anime work to frequently change casts,though they basically all have done well,i also think that the oft change of voice actors will unstable the according chars' personalities and the like,moreover,the actors in movie2007 r adequated enough IMO,they just seems right to me,i don't wanna them to be insteaded in the next one.>[

so:
Mikey Kelley/Michelangelo
Nolan North/Raphael
James Arnold Taylor/Leonardo
Mitchell Whitfield/donatello

ToTheNines
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
out of some kinda unknown reason,i'd like to keep the present voice pannel in the lately movie unchanged.=x
i just think that it'd be no good for an anime work to frequently change casts,though they basically all have done well,i also think that the oft change of voice actors will unstable the according chars' personalities and the like,moreover,the actors in movie2007 r adequated enough IMO,they just seems right to me,i don't wanna them to be insteaded in the next one.>[

so:
Mikey Kelley/Michelangelo
Nolan North/Raphael
James Arnold Taylor/Leonardo
Mitchell Whitfield/donatello

This thread is for VA's that have never been turtles before, and would we think it would be cool to hear voice our TMNT. I want the same voices to come back for a sequel too, but thanks for listing voice actors that everyone already knows voiced turtles :)

tmntobsessions
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM

Ken Watanabe Would be as Great splinter...good idea!
Also i think James Franco Could be a good leo or raph....mikey is kind of a hard one for me hmmm?
Maybe Pauly Shore lol don't ask where that came from it just popped in my head for some reson..

syd
10-04-2007, 07:54 PM
This thread is for VA's that have never been turtles before, and would we think it would be cool to hear voice our TMNT. I want the same voices to come back for a sequel too, but thanks for listing voice actors that everyone already knows voiced turtles :)

im...sorry i didn't realize...
i just thought...the present actors have already matched well,and im not very familiar with CVs of english,so it just failed to come to me,seemed...
um...did i, did i make a Spam?is that counted as a Spam?is it going into my record?:-?

a_big_apple
10-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Next thing you know, we'll have Xander as Bebop AND Rocksteady.:lol:

Giles as Baxter...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg. While we're pulling folks from Joss Whedon's stable, I'd kinda like to hear Adam Baldwin as Raph, if he could do the accent. Or maybe even as Mikey...that might be fun. And I love the idea of Alan Tudyk as Donnie.

I'd also love to hear Rene Auberjonois as Splinter, just because his voice is so versatile and amazing, and I think it could be very Splinter-ish if he did it right. Though I generally favor a natural Japanese accent for Splinter over a put-on one. Rene reminds me more of OT Splinter.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
10-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Anthony Michael Hall as Leonardo (based on his performances on the TV show The Dead Zone, he does good dramatic scenes on that show)

Scott Bakula as Donatello (based on his performances on the show Quantum Leap...heck Bakula DID play a sensitive, good-hearted, pacifist scientist/genius on the show lol so I thought it fit)

Honestly I think Michael J. Fox could have made a good Mikey. He just had a sweetness to him, but maybe that's just me.

Raphael is tough...he's my fave character so it's hard to pick. Honestly, and you can make fun of me for this it's cool lol...but if there was an old/older version of Raphael I'd love it to be voiced by Sylvester Stallone (maybe he'd bring that little bit of Philadelphia/Rocky accent into it).

(Another Choice for Raphael)
Kurt Russell...of course it'd have to use his "Snake Plisken" voice hehe.

Sigourney Weaver as April O'Neil....of course I guess she's too old...but I thought she had the good dramatic chops for it, and yet be good playing tough as well.

Zorch905
11-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Probably I've been thinking that Clancy Brown would be Rocksteady (or Bebop).

Richard Horvitz as Krang,

And maybe Dee Bradley Baker as one of the toddler Turtles.

KROW
11-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Probably I've been thinking that Clancy Brown would be Rocksteady (or Bebop).

I think Clancy Brown would be a great Rat King, with his gravelly voice and creepy acting ability.