PDA

View Full Version : Best Sais

mattmanw54301
08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
OK, so I snagged a Next Mutation Turtleflage Raph from our very own Putrescent, and unfortunately he doesn't have his Sais!!! So what I want to know is, which would be the best sais to give him. I have never seen the show, but i understand the sais are pretty much the same.

So, thoughts? What scale are they in?

Buslady
08-11-2007, 04:52 PM
zai = 2 sai
sai = single sai

"sais" is not a word unless you misspelled Size.

give him whatever zai you wish. Whatever looks best with him.

mattmanw54301
08-11-2007, 05:01 PM
any suggestions as to which zai would look best?

Ninjinister
08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
zai = 2 sai
sai = single sai

"sais" is not a word unless you misspelled Size.

give him whatever zai you wish. Whatever looks best with him.

Negative. With any word in Japanese, singular = plural. More than one ninja is ninja. More than one sai is sai. More than one katana is katana.

Zai can be used as an alternate rendering of sai in specific usages of the word (such as 才, or "ability")

The weapon Sai (叉 - literally fork or prong) can also be said as Sha or Sa depending on dialect or usage in a compound word or sentence.

Buslady
08-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Negative. With any word in Japanese, singular = plural. More than one ninja is ninja. More than one sai is sai. More than one katana is katana.

Zai can be used as an alternate rendering of sai in specific usages of the word (such as 才, or "ability")

The weapon Sai (叉 - literally fork or prong) can also be said as Sha or Sa depending on dialect or usage in a compound word or sentence.

jee wow, "zai" is said by a Japanese sensei to be plural for "sai" because there is no "s" like we use to specify more than one; thats how he explained it.
whatever

Ninjinister
08-11-2007, 11:42 PM
:But that's the point... there IS no way to indicate more than one, period.

Sorry... I'm pretty much a hardass on this kind of stuff. :P