PDA

View Full Version : Fugitoid model

Scandia
08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Was the Fugitoid robot based on Tik-Tok from The Wizard of Oz novels? Because I just saw a drawing of Tik-Tok...and for a moment I thought it was the Fugitoid indeed! Did Eastman and Laird draw inspiration from Tik-Tok's design? I KNOW that Professor Hunnicutt functions on his own while Tik-Tok has to be wound up. But the resemblance is uncanny.

Mecha Cow
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
...Aside from the basic shape of the heads, how could you possibly see any resemblance?

Scandia
08-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, the head is what I noticed first. I know Tik-Tok is stockier while Fugitoid is leaner. But there was still quite a bit of a resemblance. So I am curious as to whether Eastman and Laird used Baum's work as inspiration.

VaughnMichael
08-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I always thought it was sort of a nod to dr. bunsen honeydew from the muppet show the name at least.
And tik-tok is awsome return to oz is one of my all time fave movies!

Scandia
08-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh I love that movie even better than the original. I still list it as one of my favorites.

Bunsen Honeydew may resemble Professor Honeycutt's personality. But I am talking about the physical appearance of the Fugitoid robot.

VaughnMichael
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh I love that movie even better than the original. I still list it as one of my favorites.

Bunsen Honeydew may resemble Professor Honeycutt's personality. But I am talking about the physical appearance of the Fugitoid robot.
ah ic ok It could always be a nod to peters love of sci-fi such as star wars as we saw in 2k3 he acted allot like c3p0 even though for whatever reason tuns of people want to dissagree with that I thought it was pretty obvious.

Spawn Guy
08-16-2007, 05:57 PM

He says "Oh dear" a lot. How is that not C3PO?

VaughnMichael
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM

No idea people have screamed at me on here for even saying this...:|

The Shelf
08-16-2007, 08:20 PM

Psh, that's not C3PO, silly. That's Piglet without the stutter!

odupianist
08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Hahah Shelf. Personally I think the Honeydew reference is there. Round head, the honey part of the name.

Spawn Guy
08-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Psh, that's not C3PO, silly. That's Piglet without the stutter!

AKA; Piglet if he was a robot!

Welllllllcome to the one hindred acre wood of tomorrowwww!