PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...some questions as well

Ossified
08-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Hello to all. I (my girlfriend mostly, rarely myself...) was once here at these forums, but we had switched internet servers and all, much hassle to say the least...lol :dead: Anyhow, good to be back. :)

As to the Movie Line...(the only one we collect anymore..the 'Farmer Dons' and the 'Leo as Liberache' Turtles KILLED all hopes of a vintage collection for us, lol, and that horrid 'Fast Forward' killed the 'new' line for us, so...;)) Is this line going to GO anywhere do you think? We have each one thus far, minus the Karai girl and the Vampire guy. We even have Shredder (VERY neat, but too emaciated..I prefer the one from the very last line...NOT the original one..he was awful..lol) and recently got the wickedly neat 'Sloth Monster'. I have a few questions...

-Are there figures/monsters that have YET to be made from the film? (we havent seen it yet, so..)

-Does this 'Sloth Monster' appear in the film? (I HOPE so)

-Are they going to (opinions here please...) crap-out and destroy the line with such 'creations' as "EXTREME sports Raph" and "Day at the beaches Donny" ??

-Did they even RELEASE that BigFoot Monster? My girl says they didnt...we have been to about THIRTY toy stores and markets..never even SEEN him...but we have the four Generals, so...go figure, eh?

-Any MORE vehicles/playsets planned? We have the Cowabunga Carl van and the black bike (both VERY groovy by the way..)

...Well, suppose thats it for now. Glad to be aboard fellow TMNT fans. 8)

-JD

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 10:18 AM
-Are there figures/monsters that have YET to be made from the film? (we havent seen it yet, so..)
yes and we will be seeing more of them soon.

-Does this 'Sloth Monster' appear in the film? (I HOPE so)
Yes but many of the monsters only apear for a quick second or are only shown after capture.

-Are they going to (opinions here please...) crap-out and destroy the line with such 'creations' as "EXTREME sports Raph" and "Day at the beaches Donny" ??
Yes and I highly doubt they will even be that imaginative with it let alone do brand new sculpts like they did in the vintage line thats what at least kept me coming back with that line the new lines just use the same figure over and over and slap a costume over top of it making it almost barbie like with no new parts added to its sculpt.

-Did they even RELEASE that BigFoot Monster? My girl says they didnt...we have been to about THIRTY toy stores and markets..never even SEEN him...but we have the four Generals, so...go figure, eh?
Not yet but if you have 3 proofs off of the figures you buy after sept. 1st you can send it in to playmates and they will send you the bigfoot figure.

-Any MORE vehicles/playsets planned? We have the Cowabunga Carl van and the black bike (both VERY groovy by the way..)
Doubtfull on playsets they hardly ever sell, and vehicles I'm sure we'll see thirty more turtles on motorcycles like I need another hole in my head.

Ossified
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
"HUBBA BUBBA" TOO damned FUNNY!! :lol: Dunno if its Krang's BubbleYum-like coloring or the fact that hes a shapeless blob saying "HUBBA BUBBA" in seventies font, but thats hilarious to me man.

Yes I know what you mean as to the "variants". I remember seeing the 'Fightin' Gear' Turtles a few years back and thinking "Hmmm...neat..they are dressed in "refuse armour" ala Mad Max..that would be VERY feasable for them..cool. Then, when the others started coming out...ughhh...I bailed. ;) One thing I always wish they made was the Turtles in those trenchcoats they used to wear..you know..and those ugly bald man masks. About that BigFoot, thats too cool...a nice promo like in the old days. (I remember doing similar to get my Mummy Mumm~Ra years back..) I'm gonna stick it out with this line..I love the sculpts (for the most part..though the thigh 'joints' on the Foot and on Shredder are nearly useless...rrrrr) and I dig the monsters, but if things start gettin too "Used Car Salesman Mikey", then I'm OUT. :lol: I really like the Jungle Leo from what i have seen, look forward to grabbing him. Ac cording to many sites I have visited, the film did quite well and they are already at work on a sequel, so hopefully all will go well.
:)

Cheers,

JD

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
The monsters are indeed cool and are the only things I'm buying from the new movie line.
I've been a collector for a very long time and I've sold off most of my mint in box collection.
I'm only collection one of each character sort of an ultimate TMNT line.
So I really need no need for endless turtles unless they either make old cartoon versions or mirage comics versions of the turtles.
Right now I'm using the ones from the 2003 cartoon as my set of 4 turtles, shredder, casey, & April.
From the old line I'm using the small version of krangs android body that came out in 2004, robotic rocksteady, gatekeeper rocksteady.
Anyways I really don't like the new movie turtles they're just so much larger than anything else playmates has ever brought out and I don't care for the lizard looking smooshed faces on the turtles. The articulation of the new movie turtles are about the only thing cool about them to me.
But yeah they did bring out a line of under cover tmnt with real cloth outfits back in 1994 go to www.ninjaturtles.com and look under toys and look at the old toy archive for them under 1994.
Yeah Jungle Leo is cool but it's just the same exact leonardo figure first released for the movie with new things over it the toy it's self is not differnt at all and thats what bothers me.
I don't like when toy companies are cheap like that it really shows to.
And no official word has been given on another movie yet but this would be the first place to come for the news really.
btw this is the link to playmates toys bigfoot promo http://www.playmatestoys.com/turtleshome/#/contestspromos/

Ossified
08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks so much man...great info there. 8) So then they DID make those trenchcoat/bald mask suits? The rubber masks werent removeable by any chance, were they? Anyhow man, thanks again, eh? :)

Oh...what is this "Coil Force" I hear of? They have two of them at a flea market we go to every weekend...are they sought after? They are loose, but in GREAT shape..no weaponry, but.. There are also a few of the "Universal Monster" ones as well...and some others. Anything I should pick up for trade here ya think, or? The CF ones feel neat..my girl found them actually and upon bending the joints she was like "WTF?!?" lol ;)

"Hubba Bubba"...STILL not over it...LOL...reminds me of my ex-wife...:sick: :P

Cheers,

JD

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks so much man...great info there. 8) So then they DID make those trenchcoat/bald mask suits? The rubber masks werent removeable by any chance, were they? Anyhow man, thanks again, eh? :)

Oh...what is this "Coil Force" I hear of? They have two of them at a flea market we go to every weekend...are they sought after? They are loose, but in GREAT shape..no weaponry, but.. There are also a few of the "Universal Monster" ones as well...and some others. Anything I should pick up for trade here ya think, or? The CF ones feel neat..my girl found them actually and upon bending the joints she was like "WTF?!?" lol ;)

"Hubba Bubba"...STILL not over it...LOL...reminds me of my ex-wife...:sick: :P

Cheers,

JD
Sure thing while each undercover turtle came with a mask it was not the bald ones from the old toon.
There are talks at the moment to perhaps make a new line of figures based on the old toon which i pray to god there is!
Coil Force are pretty cool but rather bulky looking if you ask me I have a set of them mint in box that I plan to be selling pretty soon they're pretty rare and where released at the end of the line in 1995.
Um lets see the second series of universal monsters tmnt with creature from the black lagoon leo has some very nice ones I've sold all of mine though.
You should also be on the look out for the warriors of the forgotten sewer line of figures.
hahaha funny stuff! & you're welcome :)
Anymore questions just ask I'm always happy to help.

Ossified
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks again man...maybe I WILL grab those Coil Force then...someone round here will want them. As to the "Fortgotten Sewer" line, hell YES...those are some of the main reasons I got INTO the classic line. I had a couple, but couldnt find the rest...and grew tired of bidding on HUGE
E-Bay lots for only a few weapons....rrrrrrr. I also always wanted the Sewer Playset...love how there are little "rooms" and all...neat. I hear its an easy find as well. What is your opinion of collecting the other line? You know..not the CLASSIC line, and not the FILM line, but the one they seemed to clearance in those two-packs. (Several BigLots still have those BTW...yep...two figures for $5.49...helluva deal, eh? ...Only trouble is, they have to pack-in one of the dorky Turtles....rrrr...probably how PlayMates got RID of those peg warmers..;))
I'm into the "monster sorts"...you know...mutants, animorphs, space weirdos, etc...does this 'middle line' have many of these? I saw LeatherHead once and was VERY impressed...should have grabbed him. How MANY figures were in that line before it switched to "Fast Forward"? (cant GIVE those things away around here...lol...that little boy...the guy that looks like a vaccum...ughhh...CRAP) Is that 'Paleo Patrol' considered PART of that line, or its OWN line? (some NEAT vehicles and figures in there...yup...borrowed HEAVILY from MOTU ;)) I have a couple handfuls of figures from that line, and I'll tell ya this..I REALLY dig the Casey Jones...hes FAR better than that emaciated anime-lookin mess from the film line...IMHO. ;)

Anyhow man, thanks again, eh?
:)

-JD

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
What is your opinion of collecting the other line? You know..not the CLASSIC line, and not the FILM line, but the one they seemed to clearance in those two-packs. (Several BigLots still have those BTW...yep...two figures for $5.49...helluva deal, eh? ...Only trouble is, they have to pack-in one of the dorky Turtles....rrrr...probably how PlayMates got RID of those peg warmers..;))
My opinion on what we here call the 2k3 line of tmnt figures is that while some of the figures where cool allot of them where crap as well.
I think Playmates really needs to get it's act together or that Mirage should switch to another company.
Allot of the toys in that line come no where close to even being half as good as the old lines toys but some are much better and closer to how the character should like like Fugitoid which should have been crome like chromedome was in my opinion, leatherhead as you said, The utroms are great, Huns pretty nice, if yo go to the official site again www.ninjaturtles.com you can see almost every figure made from this line.

I'm into the "monster sorts"...you know...mutants, animorphs, space weirdos, etc...does this 'middle line' have many of these?
That's what I'm into also or humans who happen to be in the comics or the show. This line has very few characters like that mostly human characters or human looking ones with a tun of turtle variants that warmed the shelves forever but yet they still think that's what sells the most..:roll:
Like I said though if you go look on the toy section of www.ninjaturtles.com you'll see all the characters they brough out it just takes a bit of exploring.

How MANY figures were in that line before it switched to "Fast Forward"? (cant GIVE those things away around here...lol...that little boy...the guy that looks like a vaccum...ughhh...CRAP)
I'm not sure of the exact number of figures but against what allot of people have to say here I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the FF line sans the turtles themselves and the figure of Sh'Okanabo who should have been a huge deluxe figure. To me the Fast Forward line took the line back to or at least closer to the detailed figures of the 80's and 90's of the classic line.
That's why I liked them so much & I hate that we will never get to see all the other characters and aliens they had planed to bring out in the second wave of figures for that show even if the show wasn't the best it still had some interesting stories and characters.

Is that 'Paleo Patrol' considered PART of that line, or its OWN line?
It's part of the 2k3 line the turtles go back in time for 2 episodes...and they give it it's own mini line of figures while they made 3 dino figures they left out 2 of the main characters who are a part of the story and made a splinter figure who mind you isn't even with the turtles in those episodes..:roll:

I have a couple handfuls of figures from that line, and I'll tell ya this..I REALLY dig the Casey Jones...hes FAR better than that emaciated anime-lookin mess from the film line...IMHO. ;)
I agree the Casey from 2k3 is the one I use also he's my favorite version the old lines casey would have been had they made the figure they way they originally intended it to be with switchable heads so one could be with the mask and the other without.
I'll most def. replace my 2k3 Casey though if they ever make a Mirage or old toon version thats well sculpted.
I'm not really that crazy about super articulation as long as the figures not sculpted in some dumb pose.
And any time. :)

Leonardo19
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey Putrescent I'm lovin the Mutagen Man avatar. Wish I could get a new avatar to load for me. hmmmmmmmm. I may mess with it some more later.

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey Putrescent I'm lovin the Mutagen Man avatar. Wish I could get a new avatar to load for me. hmmmmmmmm. I may mess with it some more later.
Hey thanks :)

Drtooth
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
As for is this toy line going anywhere.... well...

I generally tend to think it is. The reason being that it pretty much came nigh to selling out before the movie even premired. There was a little slump in between the movie being out of theaters and the wait for it on DVD. Now with the release of new toys, I think we're going to go somewhere with it.

BTW, check out a family dollar. They have miniature Turtle figures that they just can't even keep in stock. I had to wait for three refreshes to get the second demon general.

However, as I have stated in this thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21383) they are making some terrible mistakes not unlike the ones they had that wound up killing the rest of the line. If somehow these toys are not released, we're all safe. If they do make it, I'll be a bit worried.

As to the Movie Line...(the only one we collect anymore..the 'Farmer Dons' and the 'Leo as Liberache' Turtles KILLED all hopes of a vintage collection for us, lol, and that horrid 'Fast Forward' killed the 'new' line for us, so...)
Are they going to (opinions here please...) crap-out and destroy the line with such 'creations' as "EXTREME sports Raph" and "Day at the beaches Donny" ??

I will say, with that link of mine, I am afraid they're going to be in that territroy. The 2 Leo and Raph varients work well, IMO, since they were movie specific, and It almost makes me glad I couldn't afford to get them yet. But with The Mikey and Don, I would need to see the movie again to make a real judgement.

A long time back, we were told that the Extreem Turtle line was the least show specific we were going to get. Even still, other than the flashy spandex and bike helmets, they did ride those things in one episode, and in the opening to the series. But then came a bunch of rediculous crap that was based on what happened in the show. based on. not what actually happened. We were shown prototypes of Space Hopping Turtles from the Secret Origens story arc that were so specific, one of the Turtle's suits had a tail (like in the show) but some wise guy decided to put them in realistic looking space suits instead. Then came Ninja Knights and battle Nexus gear they DIDN't wear in the series.

It all cultivated into their biggest disaster "paleo Patrol" based loosely on what happened at the end of the episode for 2 minutes. And even then it was totally inconsistant.

The Mystic Warrior Turtles however, I really wanted. They were varients that, shock and surprise, actually had NEW head sculpts, even better than the original wave. They were pretty on and off hard to find.

However, as bad as FF was as a cartoon, i think the sculpts of the Turtles and especially Splinter were very accurate, and much better than the rest of the line. I always hated the first Splinter, with that tacky cheap looking cloth robe.

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Then came Ninja Knights and battle Nexus gear they DIDN't wear in the series.
Actually those outfits where in the new show.;)

Drtooth
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Actually those outfits where in the new show.;)

Didn't they only have them wear that during the rematch, and only after the figures were made?

VaughnMichael
08-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Didn't they only have them wear that during the rematch, and only after the figures were made?
Yep but you said they never had them on in the show and they did. :)
And the ninja Nights armor was worn in the first Savanti Episode.