PDA

View Full Version : where can I find the Shredder??

Coola Yagami
08-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm currently in the US, and after checking KB Toys, a Toys R Us and the local Walgreens and whatnot, all I find are the first set of the movie figures (April, Casey and the turtles themselves). I've been out of touch for the last few years. What kind of stores sell action figures nowadays? Where can I find this new Shredder figure??????

Roseangelo
08-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I think WalMart is your best bet, but you'll have to get lucky to be there shortly after they restock.

mattmanw54301
08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I would add Target to that list as well.

VaughnMichael
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I heard he likes to hang out in the bar on west 47th street in nyc.
and if they give ya any trouble just tell and Don sent ya.

JetsAndHeels
08-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Good luck on finding movie Shredder. I live in NC and I have yet to see one in a store. Luckily for me a friend got me one down at Myrtle Beach so I am good.

Best bet is Walmart and Target.

Revan
08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
or you could just order it online from walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080210

Roseangelo
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
or you could just order it online from walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080210

Oooh, maybe I'll do that on Saturday (September 1st)!

JetsAndHeels
08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Haha, of course..once I get one THEN they are available on walmart's website.

Gotta love that timing. :)

Revan
08-30-2007, 10:24 PM
that's what I was thinking actually

Mutated Leo
08-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Ha ha... Man don't tell the ebay scalpers. Looks like the market for Shredders is about to fall out. Nice! Time to buy one.

ShredderX633
08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm hoping i can find Shredder and Sloth monster before they dissapear forever yet alone get Bigfoot monster.

I'm also hoping they release the Cenetaur, Sea monster, Inuwashi Gunjin, and Triple Threat.

Roseangelo
09-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, I just used WalMart's free ship to store feature on their website to order the three remaining figures from this wave that I want (Shredder, Sloth Monster, Raph + Jersey Devil). If this works like it's supposed to, it'll save tons of hassle of running around to stores! And then I can send for Bigfoot!

OA
09-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I just did the same thing on WM online (though I picked up Jungle Leo instead of Raph)... I can't wait till they come in to send off!!

Roseangelo
09-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I grabbed Jungle Leo a couple weeks ago. I was iffy on Raph, but the whole 3 UPC thing (and an in-scale Jersey Devil) sealed the deal for that one.

soccerstud652
09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Rose, can you post the direct links to the new wave Sloth + Jungle Leo - I am having trouble with WM's search engine...

Roseangelo
09-01-2007, 04:54 PM
No problem.

Sloth Monster (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7694969)
Jungle Leo (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080207)

ferret
09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I just used WalMart's free ship to store feature on their website to order the three remaining figures from this wave that I want (Shredder, Sloth Monster, Raph + Jersey Devil). If this works like it's supposed to, it'll save tons of hassle of running around to stores! And then I can send for Bigfoot!

Thanks I just did the same thing. D'you know if they give a reciept when you pick it up. nvm they probably do. If they dont Ill just send in the order review printout.

soccerstud652
09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
No problem.

Sloth Monster (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7694969)
Jungle Leo (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080207)

Thanks Rose :D

Coola Yagami
09-05-2007, 02:49 PM
eh, I might have to give up. Not at Wal*Mart either. I did see the new variant turtles and the auto-attack turtles and the sloth monster, but.. no Shredder, so no thanks. The variants are so lame. The store had some of the original turtles there too, side-by-side, even, so yeah.. we can all clearly see that Monster Catcher Raph and Surveillance Don were just plain ol Don and Raph with different accesories. Just so lame... I would have gotten Jungle Leo if I didn't already own normal Leo. So yeah... Maybe we can still find a Target before we leave. 2 weeks left...

odupianist
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I found a Jungle Leo and Sloth Monster weeks ago, I just found a Shredder and Raph about a week or two ago. I wasn't interested in Don and Mike, despite them being my favorite turtles. Their variants weren't that great.

HalfcourtGame
09-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I saw a Shredder at my Wal-Mart yesterday. I would be willing to go back after class tomorrow and grab him for you if he's still there. Let me know!

EDIT: Ooooo Foot Soldier status.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I found three Shredder's yesterday-- one to keep MOC, and two others that I cut the UPCs off of. One I am keeping, the other has practically been sold to another member here for a very low price.

Roseangelo
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Picked up my Shredder and Raph w/ Jersey Devil from WalMart today. I guess the Sloth hasn't come in yet. Which just makes me mad because I have to wait that much longer to send for Bigfoot. :P

splintered
09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
For those having trouble finding Shredder in the stores, I would obsessively check the item page for Shredder on WalMart.com. On Saturday at about 12:30 a.m., it was temporarily out of stock.... I checked again about 11 a.m. and it was in stock and I ordered it (along with Jungle Leo).... It was still in stock when I checked again at 5 p.m., but at 11 p.m. it was temporarily out of stock again. I don't need Shredder MOC so I'm not too worried about how Wal-Mart will ship it or if it's going to put a sticker on the package.

soccerstud652
09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't seen this yet in NY. Since walmart.com seems sold out, can anyone pick this up for me?

Wildcat
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Well ToyWiz finally seems to be getting some Movie Shredders.

http://www.toywiz.com/tmntshredder2.html

$20...but maybe its worth it if it turns out that rare...before I take that plunge,I'm checking all my usual stores first...like Wal-Mart,Target and Toys R Us.

Zechs
09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Only one Target had the Sloth and the new Don figure. No Shredder :( The other one just had the same old selection none of the new set so will have to check them again sometime next week.

Didn't want to dare try Wallmart. Though I will try Toys R Us this Sat since they're getting a shipment in.

VaughnMichael
09-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Only one Target had the Sloth and the new Don figure. No Shredder :( The other one just had the same old selection none of the new set so will have to check them again sometime next week.

Didn't want to dare try Wallmart. Though I will try Toys R Us this Sat since they're getting a shipment in.
Why would you not try the one place that everyones been saying they found the new figures at?:o

Zechs
09-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Why would you not try the one place that everyones been saying they found the new figures at?:o

Two reasons.. #1: I didn't even know he was released until I saw the Sloth figure at Target, I was looking for a DC SuperHero Figure originally.
#2: I was at Wal-Mart this past Monday and didn't even see him. Also after coming home empty handed I checked out this forum since everytime I went on here looking (i.e. namely Karai) it's paid off. And again it has.

I checked the closest Wal-Mart near me and bingo I have the Shredder. Last one too. It had every figure there prime for the picking from the new set. Someone who worked at the store or some customer put the old figures in front of the new ones.

I found the Shredder hidden under a pile of some ECW wrestling figures that where below the TMNT movie figures.

Krueger
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I haven't seen this yet in NY. Since walmart.com seems sold out, can anyone pick this up for me?

Hey dude, where in NY are you? I been looking frantically and I was coming to the conclusion that they are exclusively not in NY. Alas, Toys R Us in Times Square finally stocked up yesterday. There were a few Shredder's there. If you are no where near Times Square I wouldn't mind picking up one for you, just reimburse me with the original cost and the shipping and it wouldn't be a problem.

This goes for anyone else that needs one.

soccerstud652
09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Kruguer, I can actually get to the TRU in Times Square, probably Monday, I hope they have them there until them. Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it.

OA
09-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I was in TG today and saw both Sloth and Shredder and snagged them both....what a nice surprise!

Krueger
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Kruguer, I can actually get to the TRU in Times Square, probably Monday, I hope they have them there until them. Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it.

I stopped by Toys R Us today to try to pick up a Sloth monster or a Jungle Leo and they were pretty much whiped out of the newer TMNT line, which means no Shredder,Sloth, or Jungle Leo. I couldn't believe it! Did you manage to pick up a Shredder today?

Mutated Leo
09-17-2007, 11:40 PM
They have been poppin up all over her in PDX town. Looks cool removable helmet rocks. There is no way this will be a rare figure. Cool but not worth $20+ IMO.

Krueger
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
He is all over the place! Only $6.99 plus the shipping. Can't beat it! They also have Sloth and Jungle Leo.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2861771&cp=&pg=2&fbn=Taxonomy%7CAction+Figures+%26+Collectibles&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255958&fbc=1&kw=teenage+mutant+ninja+turtles&parentPage=search

soccerstud652
09-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I stopped by Toys R Us today to try to pick up a Sloth monster or a Jungle Leo and they were pretty much whiped out of the newer TMNT line, which means no Shredder,Sloth, or Jungle Leo. I couldn't believe it! Did you manage to pick up a Shredder today?

Nope wiped out. I went again on Tuesday and saw a Jungle Leo, Surveillance Don, and The Mikey w/ skateboard, but thats it.

evil_henchmen
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I have a Shredder if anyone is interested.

Coola Yagami
09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
well my vacation has come to an end and I never found a Shredder figure. But however, I take confort in the fact that I did manage to get that movie Karai figure I wanted just as badly.

JetsAndHeels
09-19-2007, 07:56 AM
I have one that a friend of mine picked up for me a few weeks ago, but still I have yet to see one in a store. I hit WM yesterday and there was a new supply of the first wave of movie figures. There were even a couple of Splinters mixed in there (which I have not seen in a store for quite some time).

Glad I know people who live near stores that actually stock new items, otherwise I would still be frantically searching for a Shredder figure.

Slash
09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
where can I find the Shredder??

Every time read that, I keep picturing Raph holding up a battered Foot Soldier and about to slit his neck... "Where can I find the Shredder?? Where is he?! Answer me you little puke!"

***First of Two Latin Kings***
09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I've seen quite a few Shredders-- I picked up two for myself and sold one to another fan. I have another one that I may or may not sell, it would depend upon whether someone were willing to buy it for me at a price that would make having to actually ship it worth my trouble. That person would also get it for a discount if they allowed me to open it at the bottom and take out the UPC code first.

Zechs
09-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Every time read that, I keep picturing Raph holding up a battered Foot Soldier and about to slit his neck... "Where can I find the Shredder?? Where is he?! Answer me you little puke!"

Wal-Mart is his secret lair? It makes sense.. the insanely low prices. The fact that's where most of us find him.. Wal-Mart is run by the Foot!! :o

Slash
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd picture Shredder working more at a Payless...

Shredder: "You have nice feet, buy these awesome ninja shoes and join my Foot Clan."
Customer: "Um thanks, but stop with this foot fetish talk."

pentoolart
09-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Just got my final figure today... the elusive SHREDDER!

Dude, Target totally blows! I have gone to the same Target right around the corner from my house every other day for a month now... and they HAVE NOT even restocked the TMNT figures. And there are ONLY 4 on the pegs right now!

I found my Shredder at Wal-Mart. From now on, when anyone wants to get me a gift, I will ask for a gift card to Wal-Mart. FORGET TARGET!

Slash
09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Target's warehouses are overstuffed with Halloween and Christmas merch at this point, as well as the excess Back to School push. We're entering that time of year where retail stores are going to be backed up with merchandise.

Oh, and this is around the mid-planogram time for Target's toy section where the newer items are also going to start coming (IE what they expect will be the BIG Christmas wants...)

Transformers movie waves as well as the new Transformer cartoon merchandise will be getting the best attention, followed by Star Wars, Marvel Legends, WWE, GIJoe, and Hot Wheels. Those are the toys that make the money.

Second string money makers would be the Ben-10s, Pokemons, Justice League, the Batman/Superman figures, and finally TMNT. TMNT, at Target's level, is a hard item to push and sell. They don't get the figures in as quickly and rapidly as a Walmart.

I used to work at a Target. I can't wait to relax on Black Friday. ;)

Revan
09-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Just got my final figure today... the elusive SHREDDER!

Dude, Target totally blows! I have gone to the same Target right around the corner from my house every other day for a month now... and they HAVE NOT even restocked the TMNT figures. And there are ONLY 4 on the pegs right now!

I found my Shredder at Wal-Mart. From now on, when anyone wants to get me a gift, I will ask for a gift card to Wal-Mart. FORGET TARGET!

Not rare. In fact my local walmart has not restocked tmnt figs in 2 months. There have been 4 movie aprils there forever and still nothing. I would agree target restocks slowly but walmart aint always on top of that either.

Bigfoot
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I found a Movie Shredder at one Walmart, and it had a "scuff" on the chest. I purchased it for $6.44. I went to another Walmart, they had a perfect Shredder, and Sloth Monster...Total Score! About a week later I went into TRU, and they had a Shredder, but they wanted $7.99...WTF? So I bought it, and returned the "scuffed" one that I bought at Walmart. How can different stores charge such different prices for the same toy? I go to Family Dollar for regular action figures...$5.00 The same action figure at Walmart goes for $6.44, Walgreens $6.99, Target $7.49, TRU $7.99, and the biggest rip off of all, Shopko $9.99...for a regular non-deluxe action figure. CRAZY! I'm done now.