PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Mini Mutants! Check it out!

IBNXuFasch
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Mini Mutant Chibi Chortles!

Article:

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=11839

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=TMNT%2FMini_TMNT%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

These actually look like a decent amount of fun.

Enjoy!

Roseangelo
09-05-2007, 01:24 PM
OMG! They're Galactic Heroes!

Hell yeah!!

VaughnMichael
09-05-2007, 01:24 PM
hahahahahah! omg even if they are copying the whole marvel mini characters thing for kids these are so cool haha great idea!:lol:
Edit: wow looks like they will be making allot of these now if they would please make a normal lab coat baxter stockman!

OA
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
those are AWESOME!!! I love them.... love the Triceraton...SWEET!!!

odupianist
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I think it's interesting how they've combined 2k3 toys/characters with the new TMNT of the movie. They even have a mini movie Shredder. These might be worth a look at.

Janus Prospero
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Cute!

I like how the playset has the Red Eye Club sign, LoL!

What's the deal with the black cat suits? Varients or just prototypes without paint? Clearly the other pics show them without the Raphael wrestling uniform.

METALHEAD
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
i'd rather have them 3inch' so they can go along with my GIJOE figures

Janus Prospero
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
i'd rather have them 3inch' so they can go along with my GIJOE figures

I JUST saw the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures today at Target! Freakin' awesome! That style of action figure is my favorite ever! Sooooooo articulate.

Mecha Cow
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow. I love how they're 'chibi' as an excuse to reuse hands and heads. Also, what's with the black suits?

As usual, Playmates is cutting corners and I am unimpressed.

VaughnMichael
09-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow. I love how they're 'chibi' as an excuse to reuse hands and heads. Also, what's with the black suits?

As usual, Playmates is cutting corners and I am unimpressed.
um these figures are brand new sculpts mecha so theres no cutting corners with these mini figures.

Ninjinister
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
F**k yeah! I never thought they'd make another Rat King or Hun figure again! And maybe they're supposed to represent the fusion of movie styled and 2K3 characters?

(Glances at the playset) I seee Shreeeeeedder!

CyberCubed
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I like the fact that they're mixing in the Movie Turtle designs with 2k3 characters.

Or...this could be a hint of what's to come next season in the cartoon, which would be fine by me. Rat King and Hun deserve to return in the 2008 season anyway. :D

Nostalgia82
09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I like them a lot! Very Collectable and I've always loved miniatures!!! I just hate the 2 pack sets, I don't want black suited variant turtles with those cool secondary characters. I hope they package them nicely and not TAPE a whole box together.

JetsAndHeels
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
These are very cool. I have enjoyed the SW Galactic Heroes, and the Transformers Robot Heroes.

I can't wait to get these.

Drtooth
09-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Dear sweet Turtle.... now THESE are where it's at! I agree. Galactic Heroes/Marvel Heroes/Transformer Heroes.... now while I didn't quite get them at first, they grew on me. I don't really have many of them (I got Darth Vader/Obie Wan and Chewie/C3-PO) but these are one of the greatest toy Ideas I've seen for a while.

Now they bring TMNT into it? Great! 2 pack of figures, mini sized? Now this is what a minifigure collector (KND M.I.C.R.O.s/ M.U.S.C.L.E.) dreams of. Why, they look better than the 2" line we have now, and they can hold weopons.

Hellboy
09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Awesome stuff!

I skipped the original movie line but I think I'll be getting those figures with the bases that form the sewer lair together. I hope they sell enough to get a second series with some secondary characters (Splinter, Casey, etc).

Can't wait to get these... :D

PipingPringle
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
holy, those are cool! I'm not one for buying figures, but for these I'll make an exception! I really can't wait :3

Drtooth
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
A second series would be great.... Splinter, Casey, Shredder, Karai.....

I'm not going to question why we have cartoon turtle villains juxtaposed with movie turtles. that's how cool these are.

You know, when it comes right down to it, Playmates can make great stuff if they put their minds to it.

VaughnMichael
09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
A second series would be great.... Splinter, Casey, Shredder, Karai.....

I'm not going to question why we have cartoon turtle villains juxtaposed with movie turtles. that's how cool these are.

You know, when it comes right down to it, Playmates can make great stuff if they put their minds to it.
or if an outside mind allows them to. ;)

***First of Two Latin Kings***
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I for one LOVE these. They rock.

tOkKa
09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
F**k yeah! I never thought they'd make another Rat King or Hun figure again! And maybe they're supposed to represent the fusion of movie styled and 2K3 characters?

(Glances at the playset) I seee Shreeeeeedder!

-->> ..h3ll yeh !! And the Generals too .. killer !!

.. The 'Transformers' Heroes .. ((like what Roseanglo refers too)) mixes up the Movie n' Cartoon Characters as well.. >v<

Bigfoot
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Okay, I want to make sure I am seeing this. In the last picture of the playset all put together, is that a Bigfoot falling through the sidewalk from street level? And if so, is it a Mini Bigfoot? LOL. I also see a general, but which one?

jestermon
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I had just saw this mentioned when looking at the Bigfoot offer at the bottom, these are nice, too bad the Triceraton comes with the black suited turtle.

This may be a way I can make up for never picking up the basic Triceraton soldier from the main line.

Hellboy
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
I also see a general, but which one?

It's Mono, the big guy with the hammer.

Raph's Girl
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Steve Murphy posted an image on his blog of the Draco mini. Looks more like one of those australian flying lizard things to me.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_gb-JVVPbQkU/Rynr0hoKFRI/AAAAAAAAA2o/WpuILuMSHJg/s1600/MiniDrako.jpg

***First of Two Latin Kings***
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I agree that the Drako, while an interesting "interpretation" of the character, is a bit over the top. The mini Four-Armed Shredder clone is a much more modestly sculpted.