PDA

View Full Version : New Member (My Story)

Only1Don?
02-08-2003, 01:44 PM
I'll just cut and paste from Mikey's:
I’m new to this forum (okay forums in general, this is my first one). I used to love the turtles when I was in high school. I remember working at McDonald’s just so I could get enough money to buy all the figures, comics, games, and come to think of it I think I even bought a turtle troll doll once or twice… weird. So anyway my high school years come to a close and I move out of my parents’ house, and forget about the turtles entirely.
Fast forward about a decade and I’m watching Saturday mourning cartoons with my son Donny (yea, yea it wasn’t intentional) and all the sudden I see them. I think they were showing the “new and improved” introduction. I was so surprised I almost chocked on my Captain Crunch! My son thought they were extremely cool (hmmm, maybe it’s hereditary). Anyway a week goes by and I can’t get
Of course I’m thinking I’m the only guy in his late twenties, holding down a job, raising a family and still gets excited about an action figure, but curiosity takes over and I get online, I find this site and realize I’m not the only one (not by far). So I browse through a few and decide to register. Well that’s my story hope you enjoyed writing it as much as I did grading it… okay so I put that on all the English reports I grade that get a D or lower. Stupid joke I know and it doesn’t apply here but anyway… wait is anyone actually still reading this, well if you are thanks for your time, and that’s my story.

Tokka-B
02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear stories like yours, except this should belong with your post in the introductions forum... :wink:

Psycrow
02-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Hello there. Welcome to the TheTechnodrome.com!! :D

Storm Wolf
02-08-2003, 11:16 PM
welcome!
*hands Only1Don? a carmel apple of welcome*
enjoy your stay here!

Greed
02-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Welcome aboard *hands out yet another mystery mango*

Kid Icarus
02-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Welcome! this is a great forum. i was supprised that people arnt total jerks here like every other forum out there (so it seems lol.)

Kali
02-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Ah, welcome to the Technodrome, Only1Don?

Only1Don?
02-09-2003, 04:27 PM
thanks all :D I hope to make a lot of friends here. Love how these forums act more like a chatroom then anything else. I love the new toon and I love this site! Man I was so excited when I found out there were still other tmnt fans out there!

azure turtle
02-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, there are legions of TMNT fans! ;) Glad to see you join us, Only1Don!!
*gives Only1Don a mango of welcome*
Have fun!!

Cascadia
02-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Welcome to forum :) My story is very similar to yours, Only1Don? However, I am a college student that keeps my TMNT fascination a secret. But one of my former friends found out and he just laughed so much. The result was that I blushed a bright red. :lol: Since then, he has not said much about it.

azure turtle
02-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Ahh... I am also a college student, but almost everyone in my building knows that I'm a TMNT fan. ;) I'm surprised with the positive reactions I get whenever someone finds out. A lot of people will say, "Wow! I remember the Ninja Turtles!"

Greed
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
I only get positive remarks when I tell people I'm a TMNT fan and I share with all

Cascadia
02-13-2003, 10:04 PM
I wish that my friend would have respected my newly refound interest. I do not talk about the Turtles on the campus.