PDA

View Full Version : pizzaface. The most useless action figure?

JaffleMan
09-28-2007, 08:40 AM
It's been ages since iv'e had any TMNT figures out on display, but today I got around to getting a few of my favourites out and setting them up around my computer desk.

I was thinking of going for a mini battle scene type set up, but that was before I came across good old Pizzaface.......

Before anyone complains I have nothing against this figure, he's one of my favourites and as a display piece looks great standing alongside Killer Bee, Scale tail, Scumbug and the like. But when trying to place him in a battle scene and failing miserably at it, it occurred to me that as a minion of the foot clan, this character was pretty much useless. I mean, he's a crippled pizza chef with apparent poor hygiene, what possible threat could he be to the turtles?

Sure he has a clever but what use is it against a ninja when your too slow too catch up because the pizza slicer you rely on to move is lodged in a pizza box? And he's not any good as a vehicle driver either, as with his stumpy leg, he won't fit in most vehicles.

Yes, I'm on a weeks holiday and i have too much time on my hands and from this small rant of a post you can probably tell that. But if anyone else can think of a figure that they think is pretty much useless i'd be interested in hearing about it.

Now.......... back to my Wild Turkey.

HalfcourtGame
09-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I have him manning the Oozey. It's only logical.

Slash
09-28-2007, 12:07 PM
He makes toxic pizza and tricks the turtles into eating it?

He also makes the food, in my Foot Clan. :P

VaughnMichael
09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
He's like the Swedish Chef of the Foot Clan.:lol:

mattmanw54301
09-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Erde werde Krange vorde...BORK BORK BORK

Drtooth
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I thought Dr. El was pretty useless, considering he just made no sense. But that doesn't mean I don't love the toy. I can remember the fun I had pulling his trunk out, and putting Movie Raph's arm on there instead*.

*You see, the soft rubber-esque plastic they used to make both the Movie turtles and Dr. El's trunk made it easy to remove from the socket and replace without breaking the toy.

ToTheNines
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Half Court was the most useless. I've always hated him for some reason.

VaughnMichael
10-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Half Court was the most useless. I've always hated him for some reason.
it's cause he was a black man wasn't it!:lol:

ToTheNines
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
it's cause he was a black man wasn't it!:lol:

:lol: I changed my mind...

I hate the Canadian more: Monty Moose!

VaughnMichael
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
:lol: I changed my mind...

hahahaha:lol:
He does seem pretty useless though cause he's like all alone you just fighting all that crime in canada.

ToTheNines
10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
hahahaha:lol:
He does seem pretty useless though cause he's like all alone you just fighting all that crime in canada.

lol, Somebody's got to do it. Wolverine certainly dosen't care.

VaughnMichael
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
lol, Somebody's got to do it. Wolverine certainly dosen't care.
the old turtles line did sure have its share of ethnic stereo type characters and turtle variants.
I was talking to spitfire recently about this.
Like I mean seriously they even lazy siesta mexican Michaelangelo.
Indian Leonardo.
Red neck raphael
basketball playin donatello.
the list goes oon and on:lol:

Mutated Leo
10-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Indian Leonardo.
Red neck raphael

I forgot about those! Ha ha... Those toys were pretty bad!

Pizzaface was pretty lame. Peg leg and all! WTH was that about?

VaughnMichael
10-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Pizzaface was pretty lame. Peg leg and all! WTH was that about?
It was a meat cleaver not a peg leg lol:lol: I happend to like the fact that his leg was interchangable.

Jon
10-03-2007, 07:13 AM
It was a meat cleaver not a peg leg lol:lol: I happend to like the fact that his leg was interchangable.

I always figured the cleaver was his main weapon, though yes it could be his peg-leg as well. And that the pizza-cutter imbedded in the pizza box was his main peg-leg.

Anyway... as for all the off-beat figures, they are certainly funny ones. Especially when they would do the variations of the Turtles.

VaughnMichael
10-03-2007, 07:25 AM
I always figured the cleaver was his main weapon, though yes it could be his peg-leg as well. And that the pizza-cutter imbedded in the pizza box was his main peg-leg.

Anyway... as for all the off-beat figures, they are certainly funny ones. Especially when they would do the variations of the Turtles.
Yeah I mean you pretty much could have the village people out of the turtles there lol:lol:

Head Spinnin' Bebop
10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I love that fig, I have him set up with that little launcher playset disguised as a Pizza joint.

BigApple3AM
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
the old turtles line did sure have its share of ethnic stereo type characters and turtle variants.
I was talking to spitfire recently about this.
Indian Leonardo.
Red neck raphael

Basketball Don, I know there is one, but did you mean Cowboy Don? To go with the theme. That Michelangelo was bad ass, he had a giant mustache. I loved him as a kid. And he had a sidekick that was a cactus. So cool. I never did get Cowboy Don, though I had him in my hands in the store but was told I couldn't have him. He was cool looking with the candy cane in his mouth instead of a smoke.

It's obvious Basketball Don was based on Michael Jordan, but it's kind of funny they chose the "brown" turtle as that variant. (Don's toy skin always looking rather dark green/brown when compared to the light green of the other turtles).

Still no where near as bad/funny as Power Ranger's african/american guy being the black ranger and asian girl the yellow ranger.

VaughnMichael
10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Basketball Don, I know there is one, but did you mean Cowboy Don? To go with the theme. That Michelangelo was bad ass, he had a giant mustache. I loved him as a kid. And he had a sidekick that was a cactus. So cool. I never did get Cowboy Don, though I had him in my hands in the store but was told I couldn't have him. He was cool looking with the candy cane in his mouth instead of a smoke.

It's obvious Basketball Don was based on Michael Jordan, but it's kind of funny they chose the "brown" turtle as that variant. (Don's toy skin always looking rather dark green/brown when compared to the light green of the other turtles).

Still no where near as bad/funny as Power Ranger's african/american guy being the black ranger and asian girl the yellow ranger.
No I'm talking Slam Dunkin' Don since most basketball players are black and the figures pretty much based off of michael jorden.
Course then there the Clown Michaelangelo figure which if you ask me is based off of Homie the clown who was around at the time the figure was made I believe Mike even came with homies trade mark sock as a weapon lol:lol:

Drtooth
10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
At the risk of sounding contradictory, I'd kill for a Pizza face figure right about now.
Seems like this line was half TMNT half some hybrid between TMNT and MUSCLE or Monster in my pocket like things. But in action figure form.

Mutated Leo
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
At the risk of sounding contradictory, I'd kill for a Pizza face figure right about now.
Seems like this line was half TMNT half some hybrid between TMNT and MUSCLE or Monster in my pocket like things. But in action figure form.

Ive got one can you kill the Playmates TMNT designers for me? LOL! Just kidn!!

JaffleMan
10-07-2007, 01:36 AM

Don't get me wrong, Pizzaface is a cool figure, i was just pointing out he was a pretty useless character when it came to battling the turtles, I'd still reccommend him for anyone who still needs to chase him down.

I have him manning the Oozey. It's only logical.

I love that fig, I have him set up with that little launcher playset disguised as a Pizza joint.

DOH! *slaps hand on forehead*. You guys are right, and I can't believe how obvious it is. It's like that accessory was made with pizzaface in mind or vis versa. I think i might do that as well with my pizzaface since i probably can piece at elast one out of my junk bit box. Thanks! :lol:

I changed my mind...

:D I'd say he'd be more use than Walkabout who's stuck in another hemisphere. But I guess kids could have made a scenario where the foot invaded Canada or Australia with the technodrome or somthing, i'm sure there could be some plot behind it that was no more crazy than the old cartoon series.

Drtooth
10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah... Walkabout, Dr. El... all those weirdos... They were trying to make a subseries of random collectible Mutants that had nothing to do with TMNT at all... but I will say, as dumb as some are, they are kinda cool in a Garbage pail Kid sort of way....

shuriken
11-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah... Walkabout, Dr. El... all those weirdos... They were trying to make a subseries of random collectible Mutants that had nothing to do with TMNT at all... but I will say, as dumb as some are, they are kinda cool in a Garbage pail Kid sort of way....

I think Walkabout was pretty cool. But Dr. EL, Lionheart, Halfcourt, Spot all of those random fu**ers were pretty lame. But then again I guess it was either that or more Shredder and Turtle variants:roll:.

Slash
11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
I think Walkabout was pretty cool. But Dr. EL, Lionheart, Halfcourt, Spot all of those random fu**ers were pretty lame. But then again I guess it was either that or more Shredder and Turtle variants:roll:.

They made for cool Mutanimal extras.

Ninjinister
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Kind of reminds me of the "Freedom Fighters" in the Archie Sonic comics XD