PDA

View Full Version : Wyrm, originally meant to be a foot?

JaffleMan
09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I was just reading a couple of the bio's from the old toyline off of the official website, but when i came across Wyrm's I couldn't help but think
that maybe this character was originally meant to have been part of the foot clan.

One day, a mild-mannered trash man slipped and fell headlong into Shredder's garbage bin. The resulting nightmare: Wyrm - a planetarium warped and wiggly creepy crawler. Embarrassed by his slimy stench, this greedy garbage ghoul gathers gunk from the bowels of the sewers. This head honcho of the Unsanitation Department has a voracious appetite for munchy mouth worms, which make his eyes bulge with hunger. Tenderizing rancid rubbish with his trash compactor mallet, Wyrm's got the belly of a beast - and the breath to prove it. Only Muckman's foul enough to be Wyrm's friend. Mostly, though, no one likes to get too close to Wyrm - and that's why he's one solitary slitherer.

What got me was the reference to Muckman being the only one foul enough to be his friend, plus Wyrm does look more like he should ahve been a villain rather than a hero, any thoughts?

Slash
09-30-2007, 01:50 PM
I was actaully bothered about this the othday day and was wondering what side or faction he was part of while I was setting up my collection.

In the Archie Comics, he was definitely a villian. I guess that was kind of lost here?

VaughnMichael
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Some of the characters take no side like the Rat King.
They did what was best for them at the moment.

Coola Yagami
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Wyrm wouldn't be a Foot Clan member, he'd be by himself. He's an eating machine, so he'd eat everything and anything. I think the toy guys didn't want to scare the kiddies with this kinda monster, so they threw in the plug that Muckman's his friend, cause if he's one of the good guys, then he can't be all that bad. Or whatever.

odupianist
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
He's one of them "tortured souls" lol. I think he's like Rat King, neutral party.

Mutated Leo
10-03-2007, 12:12 AM
He's one of them "tortured souls" lol. I think he's like Rat King, neutral party.

True, "tortured souls" puts it best. No permanent offiliation to either side.

Ninjinister
10-03-2007, 12:22 AM
The commercials advertising his figure made him seem like a villain, but his figure's packaging has the "Good Guys" Turtle Shell mark.