PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt Lair

METALHEAD
10-01-2007, 12:49 AM
i wanna ask a question, is playmates gonna re-release the ninja turtle lair for the fall of 2007? only, for the movie-line? :lol: just wanna know i never got the one in 2003-2004 so i wanna get this for the christmas season :) does anyone know? please & thank you~!

BigApple3AM
10-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Not likely, that thing was clearanced to as low as $10 at one point.

There was a new lair they were making for the movie line, but who knows if it will happen. Most stores around here didn't even carry winter's tower.

odupianist
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I thought Winter's tower was the most pointless and cheesy playset we've gotten. I liked the 2k3 sewer.

BigApple3AM
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I bought the tower on clearance, but didn't open it. It looked junky.

Here's a pic of the lair meant for the tmnt movie line, shown at toy fair 2006:

http://photos.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=39107&cat=4547

Here's a link to a whole bunch of photos from the even including more close ups of the above playset which we may or may not ever see in stores:

http://photos.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=4547&page=2

mattmanw54301
10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope this set gets released. Dag that would be a huge playset.

OA
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I hope this set gets released. Dag that would be a huge playset.

Yea, it is pretty big considering how big the movie figs themselves are in comparison the regular line...

Hellboy
10-02-2007, 11:16 AM
At least we'll get the Mini-Mutants playsets. Which I like better anyway. :)

Spitfire
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
It's big in height but length wise it sorta lacks.

You know out of all the playsets I ever had as a kid the coolest one was the Batman Forever bat cave. Which I can't find pictures of odd enough.

Anyways that thing was HUGE. The box was so giant a small kid could fit into it.

Slash
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
It's big in height but length wise it sorta lacks.

You know out of all the playsets I ever had as a kid the coolest one was the Batman Forever bat cave. Which I can't find pictures of odd enough.

Anyways that thing was HUGE. The box was so giant a small kid could fit into it.

My parents were so poor I would get UPSed in that box for our family vacations. :(

Spitfire
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
My parents were so poor I would get UPSed in that box for our family vacations. :(

haha I see humor in such morbid jokes as well. Yeah I bet that thing cost a fortune. My rich uncle and grandpa got it for me so I got lucky cause my family is poor haha.

Janus Prospero
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM

Other than the original turtles lair, the playset I really liked was the 1992 GI Joe Headquarters.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/headquarters/headquarters_title.jpg

Command and control G. I. Joe's advanced 'nerve center' for strategic operations against Cobra! Produces 5 electronic battle sounds and alarm! Also features a working searchlight, spring-loaded target panels, and much more!

That thing had it goin' on!

Slash
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Other than the original turtles lair, the playset I really liked was the 1992 GI Joe Headquarters.

That thing had it goin' on!

And so does Stacy's Mom! Sorry, bad song reference...

Mutated Leo
10-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I thought I saw somewhere that the 2k3 lair re colored would be comming out for the new figures. Was I dreaming? I like the new design better, for the new figures.

Bigfoot
10-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I have many, many, many, opened figures from the 2k3 line. At the time, I bought 2 of the sewer lair playsets and connected them together. Believe it or not, the BK graffitti on the train is actually my initials. SUPER AWESOME! I had people think I painted it on myself. HA HA! Well anyways, I decided to use one of them as more of a display. I removed the "combat control knobs", which seemed to get in the way. I would pose different characters in there, and maybe take pictures of stuff that I thought was funny at the time. I would be willing to trade it to someone if they were interested. Same goes for my loose action figures... I have loose rare figs for trade or sale, such as Gen, Quarry, Usagi, Utrom, Agent Bishop, all Shredder variants, and many others. Send me a message, and we will talk.

Extreme_Enigma
12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah Playmates were going to release it but they said the stores didn't have enough purchases. The mini mutants playsets ARE better (my opinion) than the same 2k3 one(except this one had an orange wall). They probably made it, but never released it. Same with the Purple Dragons(Which I wanted really really bad!:cry::cry:).

ShredderX633
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
I also wish they make the Cenatuar monster and the Sea Monster! But i wish that shark isn't bloody! You know with the fact it's got two lower lips it makes you think the bloody shark could be one of the thirteen monsters!

Extreme_Enigma
12-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I also wish they make the Cenatuar monster and the Sea Monster! But i wish that shark isn't bloody! You know with the fact it's got two lower lips it makes you think the bloody shark could be one of the thirteen monsters!

It is one of the 13 monsters. Has anyone contact Playmates if they will make any more movie-related toys? If the first wave was already it then my money saves for NECA.:)

Krueger
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm going to keep telling myself that they will release the lair.

Extreme_Enigma
12-24-2007, 09:13 AM
You know you can just buy the 2k8 lair instead of the same Movie lair if they will release it.

Raphael91
01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
The movie lair looks cool but the coolest will always be the first and the original, wish i had it, it would be great for displaying my figures :P

jestergoblin
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
technodrome, ftw!

sorry, i had to...

Extreme_Enigma
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm going to keep telling myself that they will release the lair.

No offense, but Too Bad. They won't release anymore movie related toys.

Krueger
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM
No offense, but Too Bad. They won't release anymore movie related toys.

What are you talking about? All the toys that recently came out are inspired from the movie. Do you work for Playmates?

Extreme_Enigma
01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
What are you talking about? All the toys that recently came out are inspired from the movie. Do you work for Playmates?

No. Luke Richardson told me. I'm talking about in 2008 they won't make movie related toys.