PDA

View Full Version : Retromutagen Ooze figures.

jestermon
10-08-2007, 05:49 PM
This is my first post, I was looking for the "Introduction" forum but did not see one.

My question is did any one ever have the purple foot ooze, I know in the green ooze there was a either pre-mutant Splinter or pre-mutant Turtle on all fours.

However there is only one picture I have ever seen of the 3rd "style" turtle.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/ooze.jpg

I do not know if the 3rd "style" was a promo pic and never got produced or it it was availiable at retail

Does anyone know or have this 3rd style? I know the green was more popular, as well as from the cases I have seen on the internet the purple was shortpacked.

I am glad I pulled a Splinter and a normal turtle when I was a kid as the Splinter is also hard to find a picture of online. Are they rare or just over looked since they are not the main line figures?

If anyone has pics or knows about this 3rd style that seems to be a turtle mutated and standing or know any other styles of figures that came in these please email me @Jestermon@aol.com or pm me, thanks

BigApple3AM
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Sadly I can't answer most of the questions becuase I just don't know. I do have the pre mutant splinter that you have, and I too thought it was pretty rare since I only got 1 of him and 4 or 5 baby turtles as a kid. I never had the purple ooze as a kid, but on eBay I did buy a can of purple and 2 cans of green. From what I've heard, that third mutant, half mutated turtle, was available in both green and purple, but came after the first series. I could totally be wrong, that last part is speculation. I opened the green can I have and it was that half mutant turtle, the other purple and green are still sealed.

Mutated Leo
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I actually worked a KB Toys when the ooze came out. THe turtle in the purple ooze pictured looks like the one that came in it. The color is a bit different, but its a semi standing turtle. Hope that helps.

VaughnMichael
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
There was the first mini figure of a baby turtle with a ninja mask on that glowed in the dark when the ooz first came out before they even made the purple ooz.
Then when the purple ooz came out they start making those standing green turtles and the cool little splinter rat.
hope this helps.

poprob
10-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I think I have one of the really small baby turtles (w/ bandana), a "medium" sized baby turtle that looks almost identical to the smallest one, and one standing up like in the photo...I didnt know about the Splinter figure. Ugh, wish i had that.

jestermon
10-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks, guys when I go home the next time I plan to take pictures of the Splinter with the others, I have 3 generic turtles now and need a 4th ( so I can have 4 with the Splinter) or 5th who can resist them, but I plan to take lots of photos since the Splinter seems elusive like ninja.

I have to keep asking if any one has a standing turtle let me know thanks.

BigApple3AM
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/bulletproofpaul/PA130306.jpg

Here's the three different ooze figures. The can of ooze is one I bought sealed off of eBay, that's unfortunately what the ooze looks like now. I don't know what kind of storing conditions they had so it could be due to being in a hot or cold place rather than room tempearture, or it could just be time taking its toll on the stuff.

SideshowJoe
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
I've got 4 of the GitD 'pre-mutant' turtles (on all fours) and a Splinter...as well as a sealed can of the green Retromutagen ooze. I have no intention on opening it, so I have no clue which figure is inside...but I've never seen one of those standing turtles in person! I wish I had, it looks really cool!