PDA

View Full Version : Mouser "eye" color

jestermon
10-14-2007, 12:02 AM
I suppose this goes here since it involves 2 toys and only one comic reference.

I got the 2 mousers that came with April O'Neil from the animated series at Wal-Mart, they have yellow "eyes".

However, I know the old mouser toy had a red “eye”, and so did this poster that I had that showed April being saved from mousers by the turtles and Raph throwing a Sai into its “eye” and red glass shattering she had the blue suit on so I assume it was more comic based I forgot what color the guys bandannas were.

I am real tempted to paint them red but was wondering if they actually were in the comic?

JaffleMan
10-14-2007, 04:46 AM
LOL, they are coloured this blue in the graphic novel by First publishing. The original comics were black and white but not sure about eye colour on the comic covers.

EDIT: Issue #3 has red eyes on the cover.

jestermon
10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Ya, I knew the original comic was b&w, but at some point some one established the red bandanas, and the orange on the Triceratons, so I figured there was a definitive answer on these as well.

It is odd that they made the toys yellow.

Slash
10-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Ya, I knew the original comic was b&w, but at some point some one established the red bandanas, and the orange on the Triceratons, so I figured there was a definitive answer on these as well.

It is odd that they made the toys yellow.

They toys and the comics have nothing to do with each other.

The toys image the cartoon show that images Mirage.

And the S.W.A.T. Mousers? They have red eyes.

Spitfire
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
The SWAT figures were awesome to bad I never picked them up. Their going for alot on Ebay.

Jester
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I still wish they'd have released mouser 6 packs.

jestergoblin
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I always thought the color changed. Yellow for when they were doing their rat catching duty, red when they had been overridden for evil.

jestermon
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I know the toys and comics have nothing to do with each other, I am just saying that in the actual comic covers, some one established the "base" colors of all the characters or they would be many more variations they they are.

I was just wondering since that newer show, drawed more from the comic if the yellow was accurate.

I know the toys came far after the original comic.

jestergoblin
10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
As an aside, there are far too many jester-themed named people on this forum.

Patraw
10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I've always had the impression of them being yellow, but who knows? I say just paint your figures' eye visor whatever color you like best. I suppose you could try emailing Eastman or Laird (or both) and see what they have to say for a definitive answer.