PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Repro Labels

Delta Star
10-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I am the owner of Reprolabels.com. We mainly make stickers for Transformers and Power Rangers.

Just wondering if there is a need for this service in the TMNT community.

Any thoughts?

CudleyCowlick
10-27-2007, 05:22 PM
There's only one way to find out for sure. :D

Really though, I'll bet there are some folks who would like those. My own collection is split between MIB/MOC which is safely tucked away, and pieces that I display and am not particularly worried about value, but want to look nice.

Many times I pass up TMNT vehicles & playsets that are loose at a really low price, only because the stickers have been trashed or are missing altogether. If I could get repro stickers to make them look new again, I'd be down!

Delta Star
10-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks - what are most of the TMNT stickers like?

Transformers and MMPR, for instance, are usually printed on metallic stickers with solid shapes and colors.

GI Joe are printed on clear media, with a lot of white ink.

MOTU tends to be full color on white media, with plenty of gradations.

So how would you describe TMNT stickers in general?

Kendamu
10-28-2007, 04:04 PM
As far as I remember, TMNT stickers are on white with various colors depending on what the toy is. Lots of greens and reds if I remember correctly.

Delta Star
10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Cool... so what would be the best test subject?

Is there a particular vintage TMNT toy that always seems to have damaged or missing stickers?

Kendamu
10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Not that I know of, but maybe you could look into the Turtle Blimp, the Pizza Thrower, the Party Wagon/Turtle Van, the Sewer Lair playset, and the Technodrome playset. Those seem to be really popular.

HalfcourtGame
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
As far as getting a feel for what the stickers are like a good test would be the Party Wagon or Sewer Playset. And for sheer volume I would say Krang's giant Android body, seems like the stickers are always missing on the ones I see.

jestermon
10-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey Delta, the best thing one thing I can think of was the old Pizza Thrower, I have seen tons of those pizzas that lost their "toppings".

Most of the turtle stickers were random words or items you could stick on extra, some had "required" stickers but their were alot of "d i y" stickers

Triglyph
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't know that much of the turtles line lends itself to repro stickers...

Like I'd think lair and technodrome would sell, but I dont know how popular they would be. I can't see repro stickers for the pizza thrower really selling in any significant numbers. I'd think more people would want to complete playsets over the pizza thrower...but I don't know...

Its definitely a different kind of line than transformers as far as sticker usage. I don't know that you'd find one solid turtles item that needs the repro treatment and would sell well.

Slash
10-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't know that much of the turtles line lends itself to repro stickers...

Like I'd think lair and technodrome would sell, but I dont know how popular they would be. I can't see repro stickers for the pizza thrower really selling in any significant numbers. I'd think more people would want to complete playsets over the pizza thrower...but I don't know...

Its definitely a different kind of line than transformers as far as sticker usage. I don't know that you'd find one solid turtles item that needs the repro treatment and would sell well.

Exactly. There are two types of TMNT collections - "MIP/MIB/Unopened collections." These items normally are expensive but obviously will not be needing stickers.

And then there are the loose collectors. We're cheap. We'd rather buy three loose Technodromes and put them together to make one complete Technodrome if that saves us a good amount of money.

TMNT stickers would definitely have to be cheap.

Triglyph
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
of the loose collectors though, even if you spend the money, the figures themselves don't tend to have much in the way of stickers, and there are so many vehicles that don't truely have any more importance than any others...

I guess blimp, party wagon, lair, technodrome would be the ones that spring to mind as the most important because they are in nearly episode of the toon, but I still not see there being a huge demand for stickers. With transformers, you need stickers to make the characters look right. Make stickers for popular characters (especially alternative designs) and you have something that can sell to a wide audience. With the turtles being so much more figural character based, they are detailed and colorful without needing stickers.

so all I can think of is party wagon, blimp, lair, technodrome, but as I said, I don't know how high the demand would be.

JaffleMan
11-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd agree with the general consensus with the Party Wagon, Sewer Play Set, Technodrome and Blimp being the most important. Especially the Sewer Play Set, the stickers on the tubing always get wrecked just assembling it.

The pizza thrower is usually worse for wear with it's stickers but I'm not sure what the demand with that vehicle would be. Plus if anyone were to find a complete one, it'd most likely be well looked after and have all stickers intact. And I'm not sure how many people would spend good money fixing up incomplete vehicles.

Also for the figures, stickers for Tattoo and the Mouser would be awesome.

The idea with the Tattoo figure was to be able to place his stickers or "tattoos" in whichever place on his body you wanted. Some people who never owned a Tattoo as a kid may like the idea of customising a Tattoo in the way they want. I am not one of them but it's an idea none the less.

As with the mousers, every single loose one in my army has terrible stickers and as a test subject I think this is the way to go. It's small and it's in demand as there are many army builders out there. Also it always shows up more often worse for wear.

Also the Krang's android body somebody said was a good idea. And maybe a sticker for the cheapskate, it's a featured cartoon vehicle and it shows up a lot with just the pole and no sticker.

Also what i would buy a few of is a good set of Foot Clan symbols for custom projects. There are two varieties of insignia, a human footprint for the old 'toon and a three toed dragon footprint for the 2k3 series. Both symbols are red and could be done together on one sheet, but personally I'd prefer different sheets as I'd only want the human footprint version. And Triceraton symbols could be in demand too, but I'd only think only a handful of people would buy them.

Sorry for the rant of a post, a bit excited today.... :P

Blade Raider
11-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I know of one figure that need its stickers, but not sure how popular it'd be. Road Ready Splinter. One of only 2 Road Ready (basicly Transformers) figures to transform into a vehicles form the show (Party Wagon). Splinter how tons of stickers needed to make it look right. The vehicle parts only have green and yellow peices and the stickers do all the work. The front bumper, the TMNT logo, tail lights, engine, and ALL the windows are stickers. Without them, you loose a lot. However, I'm not sure how well this would sell because of popularity.

Still, I would think a normal Party Wagon sticker set would sell, as most people have it. The playsets as well, but to a lesser degee (due to size).

I also second the idea of doing Foot emblems. That would help me out as very much. Wouldn't mind a TMNT logo to go with it, maybe the old toon one and the 2k3/07 movie letter emblem using just "TMNT".

Slash
11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Also for the figures, stickers for Tattoo and the Mouser would be awesome.

I'd add Mondo Gecko to that list.

I'd almost, though, like to see these stickers be clear plastic with the ink printed on. I'd love to make a custom of Tattoo with a certain WWE sumo wrestler... But that's just me.

Also what i would buy a few of is a good set of Foot Clan symbols for custom projects. There are two varieties of insignia, a human footprint for the old 'toon and a three toed dragon footprint for the 2k3 series. Both symbols are red and could be done together on one sheet, but personally I'd prefer different sheets as I'd only want the human footprint version. And Triceraton symbols could be in demand too, but I'd only think only a handful of people would buy them.

Purple Dragons as well!

HalfcourtGame
11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Totally agree on the Mousers, Tatoo, and Mondo Gecko. I also think that any banner-type sticker would sell fairly well (i.e. Sewer Dragster, Footski, Psycho cycle, etc.) Slash also makes a good point when he says the stickers would have to be reasonably priced...I like to consider myself a "thrifty collector". :lol:

CudleyCowlick
11-01-2007, 06:18 PM
If you make it, they will come!

I'd buy repro stickers for just about any vehicles to make them look good on my shelf. Mutant Module, Footski, Knucklehead, Raph's Sewer Cycle, Jolly Turtle Tugboat, you name it.

Delta Star
11-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, okay then :) Let's try starting with Foot emblems and Mouser stickers... I can prolly find a Mouser on Ebay, I presume? Unless someone here has one to sell or lend me?

And I'll need someone to apply some foot emblems and take pictures. Anyone interested in a free set in exchange for said pictures?

HalfcourtGame
11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd loan you mine but it doesn't have the stickers. You might be able to find one on Ebay make sure you get the Wacky Action Mouser and not the one from 2003. If you don't have any luck try myteefinestuff.com, price could be a little inflated though. :(
I'd help you out with the other but I don't have any ideas for the Foot stickers.

Delta Star
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
'sokay, I got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200163371324

And look, it comes with a foot emblem!

Is that a good one to base the emblem set off of?

And what sizes should I go with?

JaffleMan
11-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Funny thing is that the foot emblem is painted on this figure. But it'd still be good in the mouser set as sometimes the paint rubs off.

The foot emblem on the card would be a better place to get an image from as sometimes the paint on the figures isn't that good with the toes bleeding into each other. There would be other sources around too.

As for sizes I'd love a few around the size of the emblem on the mouser, maybe even slightly smaller just for figures. And maybe a few the same size with the circle around the foot, like the emblem on the card has.

Then after that just having a few different sizes for vehicles with and without the circle would be icing on the cake. Something similar to the transformer faction sheets. Other people will have different preferences though, this is just mine. I'd be happy with anything to be honest. :D