PDA

View Full Version : TMNT mini-figures, best idea Playmates had in a long while?

CyberCubed
11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
After seeing the pics of the mini-figures on the toy websites as well as Murphy's blog, I'm convinced this is the best decision Playmates made in a while.

Naturally, Playmates already made pretty much all the characters from the movie into toys which is why we have these lame varients such as the Stunt Riders and Auto-Attack TMNT since there are no other ideas left.

I really hope the Alien-hunter wave is the last wave of Movie-based varients, because in eatly/mid 2008 as we wait for the new season to start I think the mini-figures could carry the line nicely until they have new characters to make with Season 7.

I hope they make mini-figures of a good portion of the 2k3 characters and Movie characters, and even FF too. Anyone know how much these will be priced?

CudleyCowlick
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I love them, and I am so happy that they don't look too cutesy like the Star Wars and Marvel mini-figs. Their blasted smiley faces are the only things keeping me from buying some.

If only I could bring myself to stop working on my vintage fig and obscure comic collections, I'd be all over them. Oh well, there'll still be some floating around when I'm ready to shell out.

But then again... I DO have to save up for the NECA figs, and on another note, the Storm Hawks figs which SpinMaster will have ready before much longer.

So many toys... so little cash.

Mr._Mutant_Man
11-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Well, I've been tempted more and more to start collecting some action figures again. These things may be a good start. I have these figurines of the turtles that are also pens, but something else might be nice to display as well.

Are there pictures of these figures other than that red dragon thing? That's the only one I've seen.

METALHEAD
11-03-2007, 12:29 AM
i'll prob get them just to pose them around my desk:D

CudleyCowlick
11-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Mutant Man, go to http://toynewsi.com

They've got a bunch pictured there.

Mr._Mutant_Man
11-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Are they really going to be wearing black, or is that just the prototypes not being colored in completely?

The NECA figures look pretty awesome too.

Hellboy
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Here (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=TMNT%2FMini_TMNT%2F&dispsize=600&start=0)'s a direct link to the pictures, Mutant Man.

I think this is one of Playmates best TMNT products ever! I love these and I can't wait to get them. I'd like to see some more movie related figures though like Nightwatcher, Casey, Splinter, Karai, Jersey Devil, etc.

tmntman
11-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I can't really say it is the best idea that Playmates has had since they obviously didn't have the idea, they stole it from Hasbro and any number of Japanese toy companies.

It does largely eliminate at least two of Playmates biggest short comings in one shot though: scale and articulation. But I'll wait to see what the final product is like.

Slash
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
http://minimateheadquarters.com/fujis/NinjaTurtles_by_Basement24.jpg

I do think these look better though!

Drtooth
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, dispite the fact they did swipe this idea from hasbro, I think this is one of the best toy ideas they've had in a while. I think their best idea was the other line of minifigures. now if they only had all the varients of the turtles in 1 dollar each minfigures, they'd be much more collectable.

As for Minimates? I really don't like it. I never was a fan of knock off block figures. I like Kubricks and all, but Minimates, Mezco Mini's, Palisades PALZ... I hate them all. Not clever at all, and just way too much for what they are.

Slash
11-07-2007, 03:12 PM
As for Minimates? I really don't like it. I never was a fan of knock off block figures. I like Kubricks and all, but Minimates, Mezco Mini's, Palisades PALZ... I hate them all. Not clever at all, and just way too much for what they are.

I'd agree with you but those just look too good right now to not want them. :)

Drtooth
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I'd honestly rather see TMNT Kubricks.

But I hope when these come out they can help Playmates out of the duldrums of relentless character varients and giant uberexpensive gizmos that get stale after 10 minutes that no one ever buys.

mattmanw54301
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
the Donatello minimate is shy. Or he is the only one practising Ninjitsu in that pic. Leo looks like he just let out a massive belch.