PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Mini Mutants 2008 pics MIB

VaughnMichael
11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I like the min versions of the other characters but I can't say I like the turtles or understand why they went with painting half of their bodies black.:roll:
Cute none the less though I'm sure they will be big sellers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/front.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/back.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/don-foot.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/leo-hun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/mike-ratking.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/raph-triceraton.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/mini-mutants-back.jpg

Jester
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I wanna say that the black bodies are prototypes....but I dunna.

VaughnMichael
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I wanna say that the black bodies are prototypes....but I dunna.
No these are the final procuts that we will be seeing in stores.
What comes to mind though is when they where going to do the secret agent line for Fast Forward.
All these little things pretty much put the nail in the coffin of ever getting those toys now.

ToTheNines
11-20-2007, 04:22 PM
No these are the final procuts that we will be seeing in stores.

Then how come they're fully colored on the back of the battle shell box?

VaughnMichael
11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Then how come they're fully colored on the back of the battle shell box?
Normal versions duh! But hey lets hope I'm wrong and Playmates did send Dan prototypes mib..which they've never done before btw.
But yeah let's hope I'm wrong because they look stupid.

Triglyph
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone know the retail on these?

CyberCubed
11-20-2007, 05:48 PM
The "normal" Turtles will probably be released with other mini-figures, although those should have came first before the "black-suit" ones.

METALHEAD
11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
i wonly wonder if theyre small as those mini tmnt or the size of the robot heros trasnformers, oh well. theyre cool and i cant wait for them!

Triglyph
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I also find the merging of art styles odd...its movie style turtles and card art along with 2k3 style everything else...even with the battleshell...kind of throws me off a bit to see them together.

I am digging the Rat King, Triceraton Warrior, and Hun though...Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Still curious on the retail cost for the sets though. Does anyone have that info yet?

Roseangelo
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Still curious on the retail cost for the sets though. Does anyone have that info yet?

Probably $5.99 to be competitive with Hasbro's various mini-figure lines.

Nostalgia82
11-20-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't like the blend of movie and 2k3 either. It really throws you inner child for a loop :lol: Not sure If I'll pick these up anymore. Sees like TMNT is loosing its essence :( Please don't tell me their taping these up again. Why do they use tape? Don't get the logic behind it. I'm surprised they don't tie packages together with string

Janus Prospero
11-21-2007, 04:01 AM
The cat suit thing really confuses me. That is all.

TheAnimatedSeries
11-21-2007, 05:04 AM
The Turtles are going to steal some artifact out of a museum.

ToTheNines
11-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Also, I wish they'd stop making Mikey with that crazed look on his face. It's just not cool.

VaughnMichael
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Also, I wish they'd stop making Mikey with that crazed look on his face. It's just not cool.
haha he's weetawded.
anyway yeah but these minis dont even have eyes which I just now noticed.

ToTheNines
11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
haha he's weetawded.
anyway yeah but these minis dont even have eyes which I just now noticed.

:lol:

& keen eye, now that you've pointed that out these look so wierd.

VaughnMichael
11-21-2007, 09:44 AM
:lol:

& keen eye, now that you've pointed that out these look so wierd.
heh thanks and what I also don't understand is why exactly Leo & Don have almost full body black outfits or paint jobs lol but Raph & Mike only have like shirt sleaved shirts and pant paint jobs :dead:

Blade Raider
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Might get the Hun pack just for the Hun, but otherwise the black suit Turtles kills it for me.

I do hope the Battle Shell is just big enough to convert into a small GI Joe vechile. That would rock!

Also, remember that there will be playsets that link together come out as well. Bet the normal Turtles come with them (as wel as the other minis like Mono).

odupianist
11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Dont forget Shredder and Bigfoot.

Triglyph
11-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Also, remember that there will be playsets that link together come out as well. Bet the normal Turtles come with them (as wel as the other minis like Mono).
Please give me links, pictures, more info, etc...This thread is like all I know about these things.

VaughnMichael
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/08-Mini-Mutants-Playsets__scaled_60.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/07-Mutants-Raph-Shell-Cyc__scaled_6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/06-Mutants-Mike-Sewer-Sli__scaled_6.jpg
There ya go.

ToTheNines
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Cool, thanks for posting those pictures.

That's such a cool idea, having a street level and a sewer level. Also, it looks like the TMNT have pupils in these variants. Jeez make up your mind

VaughnMichael
11-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Cool, thanks for posting those pictures.

That's such a cool idea, having a street level and a sewer level. Also, it looks like the TMNT have pupils in these variants. Jeez make up your mind
Sure, and I'm sure allot of it has to do with Playmates and Peter Laird going back and forth and bickering.

Drtooth
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Sure, and I'm sure allot of it has to do with Playmates and Peter Laird going back and forth and bickering.

Actually, it has more or less to do with the fact the heads are too small to have that much detail.

VaughnMichael
11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Actually, it has more or less to do with the fact the heads are too small to have that much detail.
I don't think that's the case oh wise one because some of them do have pupils.;)

Drtooth
11-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Or, of course, they could have done those prototypes first, and added pupils on the others. I dunno. These are prototypes, and sometimes Protos have a lot more detail than the final product. I know one line specifically, but I can't recall which one it was.

it all depends on the final product.

Though I could see pupils not being added due to size and detail restrictions. Much like the micro line.

jestergoblin
11-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Playmates has lost it completely.

If you're going to do 8 figures for the launch and you pick Foot Tech Ninja, Rat King, Hun and a Triceraton, something is wrong. Plus the black suits, which have never appeared so far, should not be used at a launch level.

I am wondering about these being finalized since there's no bar code on the package (maybe on the bottom?). But they went with Hun and a foot Tech over Shredder and the standard foot ninja? No April or Casey. This is a launch, launch with the big guns! And releasing two troop builders each packaged with a turtle? Idiocy! So much is being done wrong with this line from what I see. And before you go off on what do I know about marketing, it is my major in college.

Ugh.

I'm betting these won't be in scale with SHS and will be slightly bigger and sell for $6.99 price point. These seem to be more along the lines of mass retail mini-figs that were available at dollar stores.

HalfcourtGame
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
In which episodes of the new TMNT series does the Rat King appear?

Chris
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Rat King appeared in "I, Monster" early in season 4.

Maybe this is our first hint at the 2008 season main villains? Nah, more likely Playmates just want us to fork out money on the playsets for basic TMNT, Shredder and Foot Ninja.

The toynewsi.com article only says that the Battleshell has no figures so I'm guessing the rest come with the figures they are pictured with;

Normal Raph and Mike with their vehicles and the four parts of the playset, Don and Bigfoot, Leo and Shredder, Raph and General, Mike and Foot Ninja. This kinda sucks as I don't have room for the playset (cool as it is) but would love the normal TMNT, Shredder and Foot Ninja.

Not counting variants we know of 15 characters in the line so far;

Leo
Raph
Mike
Don
Splinter (confirmed by Murphy)
Shredder
Hun
Foot Ninja
Foot Tech Ninja
Multi-Arm Shredder Clone (previewed by Murphy)
Triceraton
Rat King
Drako (previewed by Murphy)
Stone General (the large one from the looks of it, I can never get their names straight)
Big Foot

If the line takes off like Star Wars Galactic Heroes then I'm sure we'll see the regular Turtles and at least Shredder and the Foot Ninja repacked in the basic line (though I'm not sure how much of a guarantee that is these days). Hopefully we'll get characters like April, Casey, Karai, Baxter, Bishop, etc. if the line continues.

Triglyph
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
You know...I am still really digging the 2k3 styled characters, but I can't see myself getting hun, triceraton, etc without having the possibility of getting turtles that match.

I may buy the sets and ebay off the movie characters in hopes that we see some toon stuff released later. I don't want to miss the rat king and the other cool villians.

fall 2008 can't come fast enough for me (new cartoon episodes!!!)

***First of Two Latin Kings***
11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking that since we're seeing prototypes of these, as well as the mutations, they MIGHT start showing up before Christmas. Dan and Murph both told me that there wouldn't be anything (that was the word from Playmates), but Playmates seems like they change their minds very often.

jestergoblin
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
plus launching a toy line is january would be really bad for business.

Then again, the wal-mart nearest me doesn't even stock TMNT anymore.

VaughnMichael
11-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Then again, the wal-mart nearest me doesn't even stock TMNT anymore.
It's funny allot of the Wal-marts here in Pa don't either...it's strange to me considering they where one of the last places to sell tmnt figures when no one else did.

Drtooth
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Playmates has lost it completely.

If you're going to do 8 figures for the launch and you pick Foot Tech Ninja, Rat King, Hun and a Triceraton, something is wrong. Plus the black suits, which have never appeared so far, should not be used at a launch level.

I am wondering about these being finalized since there's no bar code on the package (maybe on the bottom?). But they went with Hun and a foot Tech over Shredder and the standard foot ninja? No April or Casey. This is a launch, launch with the big guns! And releasing two troop builders each packaged with a turtle? Idiocy! So much is being done wrong with this line from what I see. And before you go off on what do I know about marketing, it is my major in college.

If they get all the A characters out of the way, the rest of the line will feature mainly b and c characters. While it could hamper the launch, doing the opposite will hurt it in the long run. We clearly will see the others if this does well.

jestergoblin
11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2911079

Mini mutant Battleshell online and in the wild.

Spitfire
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Not terribly impressed with these, though I never saw the purpose of mini-figures. I guess if I get a Big Foot and the mini-movie turtles Big Foot will be scaled properly...

Extreme_Enigma
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah I think I'll just get the Don pack and leo pack just for the villains, and the battle shell. Anyway, do you think Playmates will continue to make TMNT toys in 2009?

VaughnMichael
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Jus so you guys know they're out I got the Don & Fot Tech Ninja one tonight it was the only one of that one they had but the other they had allot of.
Btw I got it at Toys R Us for 5.99

Roseangelo
12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Oooh, to Wally World and TRU I go tomorrow!

AquaParade
12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah I think I'll just get the Don pack and leo pack just for the villains, and the battle shell. Anyway, do you think Playmates will continue to make TMNT toys in 2009?

That would seem logical...I'm doubting it, but does anyone think there is a chance of Neca taking over the tmnt line? Or are they a company that would probably move onto other things quickly instead of staying with one property?

VaughnMichael
12-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Oh and for anyone wanting to know BE CAREFULL! Most of the paint jobs suck.
The only reason for buying these to me anyway is for the bad guys.
The turtles just don't match up with the bad guys style designs, they should have chunkier hands and feet and bigger heads.
The don't have eyes, their bodies are black like we saw on the official site.
But I sort of understand why now to go with the set of Fast Forward figures being release.
Also none of the villians eyes are painted either they just have one color unlike on the back of the box.

jestergoblin
12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
what's the scale?

VaughnMichael
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Introducing mini me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/100_2793.jpg

Roseangelo
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I totally struck out with Turtles today... no mini-mutants, no alien hunters, no wrapping paper!

But I did buy way too much Star Wars crap. :P

VaughnMichael
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I totally struck out with Turtles today... no mini-mutants, no alien hunters, no wrapping paper!

But I did buy way too much Star Wars crap. :P
that sucks Rose I haven't found anything else either...I want those aliens and the new FF figures.
Oh and if you or anyone else is intertested about articulation on these mini mutants.
Donatello: Head, Hands, arms, legs NOTE: don't move the bandana it will breka off.:ohwell: He also comes with one Bo.

Foot Tech: Head, arms, hands, and waist.
The articulation isnt so great over all but I am shocked the hands move.
Oh and another Note on the Foot Tech he comes with 2 swords but the thing on his back isn't molded open like on the large figure so he cant put them on his back.

Roseangelo
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
The majority of the Galactic Heroes figures have 0-1 point(s) of articulation, so I'm impressed that the mini-mutants beat that!

Big bummer on Don's mask. :(

Janus Prospero
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
NOTE: don't move the bandana it will break off.:ohwell:

Oh man. I'm sorry. That sucks.

jestergoblin
12-02-2007, 08:33 PM
so they're about 3 inches tall? hmmm...

VaughnMichael
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
It's ok it pops back on. :)

Drtooth
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I will say, once I start getting money, I'll start collecting these. Well, that and once they hit Target, as TRU is way too far for me to get to now...

jestergoblin
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'll have to see them in person, otherwise I may just save money for the NECA ones.

also, most of the superhero squad figures have 2-4 points of articulation.

Blade Raider
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have the Leo yet? I ask because I just noticed none of the pics have his swords out of the hosters on he's back. Since the rest have no hosters and the swords are on Leo's back in the box, I'm starting to think their non-removable.

Also, would anyone be willing to take a pic of one of the Turtles next to a GI Joe figure (or any figure in the 3 1/4 scale). If my hunch is right, the TMNT (and only the TMNT) are just the height to be on scale with GI Joe, which would make these must haves (at least to me).

Roseangelo
12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Also, would anyone be willing to take a pic of one of the Turtles next to a GI Joe figure (or any figure in the 3 1/4 scale). If my hunch is right, the TMNT (and only the TMNT) are just the height to be on scale with GI Joe, which would make these must haves (at least to me).

How can you figure these are anywhere near 3 1/4" when you look at this?

Introducing mini me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/100_2793.jpg

jestergoblin
12-03-2007, 09:07 PM
tmnt in 3 3/4 scale would be closer to 3 inches tall...

Blade Raider
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
How can you figure these are anywhere near 3 1/4" when you look at this?

tmnt in 3 3/4 scale would be closer to 3 inches tall...
Jester knows what I'm thinking here.

The TMNT normally come up to April's shoulders in the fictions (in fact, I don't think there is one where they don't). The official heights from Ninjaturtles.com of the TMNT are 5'2" for all of them (Anyone else find it odd that all 4 are the same height?), Splinter is 4'10" (Mini Movie Splinter, anyone?), April is 5'8", and Casey is 6' 2". April is average height. Took measuring tape to some Joes (as I'm kitbashing some right now) and every time 3" hit the shoulders. So, if the Mini Mutants are 3" tall, they would come up to a Joe's shoulders, therefore it's the same scale.

Anyways, if they are even 2 3/4" tall, it'd be close enough to work...meaning the GI Joe April kitbash I've been planning can now rock on a higher level :evilgrin:

jestergoblin
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
*victory lap*

But if they are that size, it means they'd be too big to mesh with my superhero squad.

VaughnMichael
12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
*victory lap*

But if they are that size, it means they'd be too big to mesh with my superhero squad.
They're about the same exact size as the marvel and star wars toys they;re copying.

Mr._Mutant_Man
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
So the black costume looking stuff isn't a prototype thing? Bummer.

I guess I'll wait until those NECA figures come out.

CudleyCowlick
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I was almost looking forward to these, but I have to say I'm not too impressed. The packaging is lackluster and generic, and I really don't get or dig the turtles in black. Maybe Raph in a black wrestling costume as in the Archie series, heh, but seriously, these aren't that slick.

Maybe someday I'll decide I want a few of these on my shelf. I do admit I kind of like the Triceraton and the Foot Soldier, and the prototypes we saw of 4 Arm Shredder and Draco, so maybe I'll track 'em down at a later date... but for now I'm just gonna hold off for the NECA figs. I don't think Playmates can tempt me to do otherwise at this time.

12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I really really like the Foot Tech Ninja and Triceraton Warrior-- if Playmates had paired the turtles up with one another and paired up the villains together as well, that would have been great, especially for those of us who are going to be building armies now and wind up with x number of Raphs and Dons for which we will have no use.

Having said that, it's not exactly a "deal breaker" that these army builders are packed with turtles since the sculpting and paint jobs are so impressive. The Triceraton Warrior doesn't even look that disproportionate.

Don't try to turn Triceraton Warrior's tail, guys. It WILL break off. I tried to turn it like the idiot I can be sometimes and had to superglue it back on and then use Mod Podge to "clean it up." I look forward to getting more of these.

I actually really like the packaging on these, it's more interesting than the other movie packaging we've seen thus far. I will be getting extra sets to keep MOC for my wall of toys, but I'm waiting until I can find ones in perfect packaging after the Big Foot promotional ends.

Drtooth
12-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Don't try to turn Triceraton Warrior's tail, guys.

Funniest thing I've heard in a long time. But I guess you have to picture walking up to a big ol' triceriton and pulling on his tail to find any humor in it...

Me thinks the black suits are just a way to make them some sort of varient, so we won't be complaining about the mini vehicles. Though, I'd've put the black suit varients in with the minivehicles instead of what they did here.

So far I'm more impressed by the viallians than the Turtles four, but 2 figs for 6 bucks is my kinda collecting.

jestergoblin
12-12-2007, 04:26 PM
they're available on toysrus.com now

Extreme_Enigma
12-12-2007, 05:29 PM
They're already on eBay too.

Extreme_Enigma
12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Guys! I just got the Mini Mutants Battle Shell today at Toys R Us!:D

VaughnMichael
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
oooo awesome post pics if you can!

ToTheNines
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM

I saw it too (but no Christmas ornaments). I also saw the mini mutants for the first time, and I really want to know what the ****in idea is behind the black bodies...

VaughnMichael
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I saw it too (but no Christmas ornaments). I also saw the mini mutants for the first time, and I really want to know what the ****in idea is behind the black bodies...
To go with the Fast Forward Secret Agent figures?

12-16-2007, 09:56 AM
To go with the Fast Forward Secret Agent figures?

Could be, but could also be spin-off of the SWAT theme.

strawberryfields
12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
doubt it...

jestergoblin
12-16-2007, 12:09 PM
No paint apps, saves money.

12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
That wouldn't explain why the villains are meticulously painted.

VaughnMichael
12-16-2007, 02:42 PM
That wouldn't explain why the villains are meticulously painted.
I wouldn't say Meticulously..they are missing their eyes which they have on the back of the box.

jestergoblin
12-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, if they only paint the bad guy and not the turtle, they've cut their paint application in half.

12-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't say Meticulously..they are missing their eyes which they have on the back of the box.

Well you can complain all you want about them, that's all anyone ever seems to do around here.

VaughnMichael
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Well you can complain all you want about them, that's all anyone ever seems to do around here.
No see the differnce between me and them is that I take the figures and paint them as I see fit. So I'm not complaining I was replying to what you said was painted well and wasn't.
And btw if I didn't like them I wouldn't plop my money down and buy them now would I.
So get off your high horse lord snottybottom.

jestergoblin
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
And another thread will collapse upon itself...

Ninjinister
12-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Guys, guys! I've just thought of something. Two words that'll solve all your problems! Tiiiiiime shaaaare!

VaughnMichael
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/don-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/leo-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/mike-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/raph-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/back-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/leo-dojo-front.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/leo-dojo-back.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/raph-gym-front.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/raph-gym-back.jpg
Very cool I see these selling very well I think these Mini Mutants are a hit.
I wonder how much the playsets are going to be because I want them.

ToTheNines
12-18-2007, 06:15 PM
OOOOO :o

Turtles minus black spandex suits = cool!

This is the second piece of good news you've brought today!

Buslady
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
i think they look silly, their hands are HUGE

Roseangelo
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Dmmit... I want the figures but not the playsets. :P

Coola Yagami
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
same here.... must have shredder... even if it's mini-shredder. c'mon Mexico, pick up the pace with the gawd-damned turtle toys already!!!!!

Bigfoot
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I got my mini mutants today, and the Battle Shell.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc261/MintOnCard/MINI-MUTANTS.jpg

VaughnMichael
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
OOOOO :o

Turtles minus black spandex suits = cool!

This is the second piece of good news you've brought today!
Yeah see I aint such a bad guy :P
i think they look silly, their hands are HUGE
You hate everything *muzzles you and throw you in the basement*

Buffy
12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Dmmit... I want the figures but not the playsets. :P

Same here :)
Plus shipping would be too huge for me if I would buy a set like these. The figures will be sold seperately, right? *crosses fingers*

Drtooth
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/don-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/leo-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/mike-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/raph-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/back-1.jpg

O! The ones with the Cycles come with figurines. Of course, giving the plain ones black spandex makes sense. After all, they're trying to make some sort of variable so kids would buy both.

Somehow I thought the bigger vehicles came with the figures. I was at TRU yesterday and they only had the vehicles, not the figures.

I do like the playsets, but I wouldn't buy them. Not enough room.

odupianist
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
has any one seen (in TRU or Wally World or wherever) the playsets that Dan posted?

jestergoblin
12-21-2007, 09:32 AM
you'll only find these are TRU right now.

TRU Exclusives for 07 (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071220/nyth024.html?.v=101)

Extreme_Enigma
12-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I heard someone say they heard a Drako mini mutant figure coming out. Where is the info about this?

VaughnMichael
12-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I heard someone say they heard a Drako mini mutant figure coming out. Where is the info about this?
blog about DRAKO (http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/2007/11/mini-sneak-peek.html)
&
4 ARM SHREDDER CLONE (http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/2007/11/mini-mutants-sneak-peek2.html)

Roseangelo
12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Found the Raph and Leo playsets today!!! Pics pending, I just got home.

No sign of the 2-packs yet, but I got a guy to look them up for me and he said they're on the truck they're unloading tonight, so I'll probably head back tomorrow to get 'em!

jestergoblin
12-22-2007, 10:05 PM
how much are the playsets?

Roseangelo
12-22-2007, 10:13 PM
$20 ... :dead:

ToTheNines
12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
$20 ... :dead:

Yikes, I think I'll pass...

VaughnMichael
12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Yikes, I think I'll pass...
*sigh* me also they should be like 15.00 at other stores I bet just wait awhile guys Toys r us is expensive..

Roseangelo
12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
*sigh* me also they should be like 15.00 at other stores I bet just wait awhile guys Toys r us is expensive..

I dunno, while TRU can run expensive on some things, they run the same on other things. I actually expect these will be $20 everywhere... :ohwell:

jestermon
12-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I found 5 Triceraton packs tonight, I got them all, any one interested in the Raphs?

I think I am keeping one Raph and painting him normal colors, since I will not be buying any of the vehicles.

They had 2 full pegs at the TRU I went to in Buford, GA, they had tons of Rat King's, Hun's and Foot Soldiers as well( forgot which turtles came with which character), I did not even know these were out yet, I jsut remembered seeing the news on them.

My army has had a nice start, hopefully they make a Mozar, I am holding out scratch building one untill the line contunues.

VaughnMichael
12-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I dunno, while TRU can run expensive on some things, they run the same on other things. I actually expect these will be $20 everywhere... :ohwell:
I don't know but I'm just going to wait...I really don't have room for the playsets..and I only want the bad guys.

Buffy
12-23-2007, 01:02 AM
I found 5 Triceraton packs tonight, I got them all, any one interested in the Raphs?

Yes I'm interested :D

Drtooth
12-23-2007, 10:51 AM
you'll only find these are TRU right now.

TRU Exclusives for 07 (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071220/nyth024.html?.v=101)

Let the price gouging commence! (seriously, I hate TRU).

Which also means I won't be able to get them for quite some time, unless Target picks them up. I really hope they do.

jestergoblin
12-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I'll go out after Christmas to pick them up, I can't bring myself to buy toys during the holidays for myself.

TRU has started to overcharge or exclusive items, when they had SHS Collector Packs, they charged 29.99 instead of the MSRP 19.99.

jestermon
12-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Here is the haul of Triceratons I got, the fact that you can but the guns in both hands is nice, also the figure is more articulated then the large one, they bend at their wrists, and I believe the old one was solid armed, also they are alot easier to display.

They also did the least amout of "chibiness" on these guys they just look like small versions of the old toy/cartoon.

Can not wait until they come out with Mozar, also I like the fact they gave the trooper the pistol and not that bazooka thing the old ones came with.

Leftys and Rightys

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/MVC-006S-3.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/MVC-004S-3.jpg

Roseangelo
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I picked up each of the four 2-packs today! Yay!

I guess now I just need the Mike and Don playsets...

odupianist
12-26-2007, 07:56 AM
any word on the mike and don playsets?

Roseangelo
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
any word on the mike and don playsets?

What about them? I'm sure they're out there; just not at my TRU ATM.

jestergoblin
12-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Went to TRU today and saw the Battle Shell, Leo vs Hun and Leo and Raph's playsets.

I wasn't impressed, the figures are slightly too large to be in scale with SHS. They're 2.5" while SHS is more of a 2" line.

odupianist
12-27-2007, 07:52 AM
I didn't see the Mike and Don playsets at my TRU either. I figured they weren't out bc Dan had posted pics of the Leo and Raph ones but not Don and Mike.

VaughnMichael
12-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't see the Mike and Don playsets at my TRU either. I figured they weren't out bc Dan had posted pics of the Leo and Raph ones but not Don and Mike.
I went out yesterday also and they had everything except don and mike so they are not out at toys r us yet.
I also saw the new mutations it's nice to have new sculpts but I'm relaly not impressed. Of course I'm not big on the look of the new movie turtles so it helps me to pass them up.
Also is anyone else getting annoyed with the horrible paint jobs on the mini mutants?

Falconhood
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
i just got the Raph VS Triceraton 2-pack at Target (north Raleigh)!
The Triceraton is better than the reg.sized from before FF! He has 6 pts of Articulation...isn't that more than the other one? anyone got?
I have wanted this character, but was disappointed in the older fig.
i love this one!
Here is the haul of Triceratons I got, the fact that you can but the guns in both hands is nice, also the figure is more articulated then the large one, they bend at their wrists, and I believe the old one was solid armed, also they are alot easier to display.

aha! i was right! awesome!!

Drtooth
12-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Target just got them in. And by just got them in, I really mean that. I was the same store Saturday, and they didn't have them on the shelves yet. I went back yesterday, and they were on the shelves already. Just after Christmas. Not really the best time of the year to carry a toy line... but luckily they didn't wait too long, and kids can grab them with their Christmas money.

CyberCubed
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Are the Mike and Don playsets even out?

All the stores I've been too for awhile now just have the Leo and Raph playsets. Not to mention the official site only has pics up of the Leo and Raph playsets too.

Does anyone have any proof that the Mike and Don playsets are in stores? Any on ebay or anything?

VaughnMichael
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Are the Mike and Don playsets even out?

All the stores I've been too for awhile now just have the Leo and Raph playsets. Not to mention the official site only has pics up of the Leo and Raph playsets too.

Does anyone have any proof that the Mike and Don playsets are in stores? Any on ebay or anything?
Nope but I finally got a Hun with a good paint job shesh it took me a damn month!

jestermon
12-31-2007, 11:38 PM
This is what I was wondering, at the Targets I was looking around for the hole that they would go into but I guess my Target still has not reset that section yet just the GI Joes and such. How much are they going for at Target?

I was not sure if these would just be at TRU or not, hopefully they will be less at Wal-Mart, these guys are going to burn a whole in my pocket, I already have 13 Triceratons.

Has anyone seen any other minis aside from the ones in the playset that first came out and the shredder clone and Drako?

tOkKa
01-02-2008, 01:08 AM
The cat suit thing really confuses me. That is all.

-->> ..i wasn't sure i got it either..

..maybe it's for their jazzercise classes..
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FQA7SSCAL._SS500_.jpg

:-? ??

Roseangelo
01-02-2008, 01:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/roseangelo/minis.jpg

Extreme_Enigma
01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I stopped by at Toys R Us and saw the 4 turtles with their vehicles. They have 'em on www.ebay.com too. I didn't buy any of them because I wanted to save up for a Playset. They didn't have any. However, I did see Movie versions of Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello Mutation figures. I didn't see Raph probably sold out.

01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Picked up Leo vs. Shredder and Raphael vs. Mono playsets today. They look great.

Got the mini BattleShell too.

Drtooth
01-03-2008, 10:00 AM
This is what I was wondering, at the Targets I was looking around for the hole that they would go into but I guess my Target still has not reset that section yet just the GI Joes and such. How much are they going for at Target?

I said they just got them in. So clearly they haven't hit your stores just yet. But they are going for 5.99 there. I don't know about the playsets and vehicles. Just saw the toys.

jestergoblin
01-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Playsets are 19.99 at Target too.

01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
So far I haven't seen any of the mini combos with shell-cycles/sewer-sliders, nor have I seen their larger counterparts. I do think it's funny that the miniatures may very well show up before the larger ones do.

The Mike vs. Big Foot and Don vs. Foot Ninja playsets aren't out yet. The official site only has pics of the Leo vs. Shredder and Raph vs. Mono ones, of which there was a surplus at both Target and Wal-Mart when I went.

Extreme_Enigma
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
The Mike vs. Big Foot and Don vs. Foot Ninja playsets aren't out yet.

I think it was Mike vs. Foot Ninja and Don vs. Bigfoot.

jestergoblin
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I've seen the mini-turtles and vehicle packs at TRU for 9.99.

01-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I checked yesterday; they don't have them here yet. I did manage to score a few more two packs with Triceraton Warriors and Foot Tech Ninjas, though.

VaughnMichael
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
saw the mini turtles with lil vehicles today @ wal-mart cute stuff!
I hope these do really well I want tuns of mini tmnt figures

xZAOx
01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
They've hit Franklin, TN. TRU had the 2 packs and the battle shell, Target had the 2 packs, battle shell, and the Leo and Raph playsets, Wally had all that and the Raph and Mike vehicle ones.

jestermon
01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I was looking today in the Wal-Mart for Triceratons, and apparently there are 2 versions of the Rat King, one has the normal chest like on the back of the box and one has no chest detail and is flat with a scratch and a small ab piece on the mold.

Here are the pics I took with my Gf's camera phone, do not know if this is rare or just has not been seen alot yet.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/untitled2.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/untitled1-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/untitled-1.jpg

Triglyph
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
is that possibly an error where the torso was assembled backwards...like that is actually the back of a normal figure...an error?

Roseangelo
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah, that's his back. Curious.

Splinter's Iroonna
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Yeah, that's his back. Curious.

Careless packaging on the part of the slave lab--- I mean, factory worker, OR... A secret message that is meant to awaken us all to something Important?

jestermon
01-07-2008, 07:18 AM
I had not bought a Rat King so I did not know, I do know that I have picked up a Triceraton that has 2 left hands, I've always heard stories about figures with odd limbs and such but this is the first time I have got one.

Still the Back thing is even more odd.

VaughnMichael
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I had not bought a Rat King so I did not know, I do know that I have picked up a Triceraton that has 2 left hands, I've always heard stories about figures with odd limbs and such but this is the first time I have got one.

Still the Back thing is even more odd.
It doesn't suprise me with these at all half of them have the worst paint jobs on any tmnt figure I've ever seen! These things look so rushed to me.
I've found figures with paint just slopped all over them like Huns hair running down his face and such.:roll:

jestergoblin
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
they had to rush these because of the chinese new year and i'm guessing these were supposed to come out BEFORE christmas...

Drtooth
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope these do really well I want tuns of mini tmnt figures

They seem to be doing quite well. I kept frequenting that Target they just got them in at (buying Christmas Clearance stuff. I got a talking C3PO car device for 70 cents), and they keep shrinking in numbers on the shelves. So I guess they released them just soon enough after Christmas for kids to use their Christmas money to get them. I really want to grab a few, but I'm going to have to wait to get some substancial cash to do so, so I get all of them at once.

METALHEAD
01-08-2008, 05:48 AM
i saw a whole load of them at target, aslas i didnt get any, i got scarrlet/hawk GIJOE 2 FIGURE COMIC PACK, i'll prob pick them up next time.

Extreme_Enigma
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Just got Leo vs. Shredder today because the other one was box display. Thinking of buying all playsets. I thought maybe I can fit a few of my movie 6"
figures on these playsets. :ohwell: Probably Slinter can fit.

If you put Sloth Monster on a playset it looks like it's just the size of an actual monster.:P

jestermon
01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I am currently up to 27 Triceratons, have to take some more pictures at some point.

Buffy
01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I am currently up to 27 Triceratons, have to take some more pictures at some point.

That's a whole lot of Triceratons :)

The Chuck
01-18-2008, 07:06 PM
WHY Did they put the Foot Ninja in a box set with Mikey? Now I can only get ONE foot ninja. I'll have to basically use him to lead the Foot Tech Ninjas. Someone should teach Playmates the concept of Army Building.

Picked up Raph with his bike and Leo's playset. I wanted a raph, and I knew I could only afford one playset this week, so I got the Leo playset since it came with Shredder, and I grabbed Raph with the bike, since it's a normal raph and that's the only vehicle in wave 1 (besides the Battle Shell) I'm getting.

Hero
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I received Mikey VS Rat King (boxed) and loose Don, Raph and Hun that I won in an eBay auction, I am yet to ask and find out from the seller what happened to the Leo, Triceraton and Foot Tech Ninja they came with. Either way I may be having some spares for potential customising when I buy boxed versions later.

I am really pleased with this line and I hope it continues its potential through remediations of Splinter, April and others not done yet. If Transformers: Robot Heroes is a book to take a page out of there could be a really neat blend of different TMNT verses for Playmates to give us like Hasbro have done to Transformers in thier chibi-mini figures line.

I am not sure if this has been commented on yet, but the turtle figures I have are pupiless but thier box photos have them including Mikey's baby blues.

I never got to own some of the characters from the 2K3 line when it came out as I let it all pass me by. I feel like I have another chance to own toys like Triceraton, Damiyo and 4 armed Shredder again. I hope Playmates takes the ball with this and expands on the good job done already.

===HERO

01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
You bought the Loose Don, Raph, and Hun from me. I kept the army builders for my own collection, and I'm selling the Leonardo to another fan.

Hero
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
DarthCjj :D I thought your name was familiar. Fair play. Thanks again for those. Keep me posted if you sell any more loose figs.

===HERO

01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Do you need a movie Shredder?

jestermon
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Triceraton Wants You!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/MVC-022F.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/MVC-019F.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/MVC-017F.jpg

more pics http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/jestermon1982/

Wildcat
01-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Triceraton Wants You!

WOW!! thats cool!...what did ya do,buy 26 packs of the same set?

Iv seen all these new Mini-Sets at my Local Wal-Mart...I was thinking of getting some,the one with the Battle Shell is one of my Faves...but it should have been a Mini Cowabunga Carl van from the movie.

Hero
01-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Do you need a movie Shredder?

I am being sorted with a Movie Shredder from a friend at Mikey's TMNT. If it is the Shredder that comes with the Leo playset then yes I need him.

===HERO

01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry, Hero. Don't have an extra of that one. I might be willing to pick up the entire playset for you the next time I'm at the store, provided your willing to pay shipping fees after it has been shipped.

Hero
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd be up for that.

===HERO

METALHEAD
01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
target seems to be selling thosr mini's like hotcakes...

METALHEAD
01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
target seems to be selling thosr mini's like hotcakes...

jestergoblin
01-26-2008, 12:59 AM
i like cake.

Coola Yagami
01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Triceraton Wants You!

Holy crap!!!! IT'S AN INVASION!!!! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!

Blade Raider
01-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Triceraton Wants You!

That's awesome. Now let's see the pile of Raphs that came with them:lol:

Coola Yagami
01-26-2008, 10:38 PM
lmao a Rapheal Triceraton-Extermination Squad!!!

The Chuck
01-27-2008, 01:17 AM
So, what are the odds of this line lasting a while? I'd love to get some other characters, like April, Casey, Splinter, and the other Stone Generals. And are Donnie and Mikey's playsets not out yet? cause I need them. and 2 of Donnies (I'm gonna put one on the other end, next to Mikey's base, to act as a 'garage' for the Battle Shell and Raph's bike.)

Hero
01-27-2008, 07:16 AM
I think Spinter was already announced as an upcoming figure. The rest of the Stone Generals are inevitable. Perhaps those 3 will be in VS sets with April, Casey and whoever.

This line has potential to last a while especially since it is already dipping into a back catalogue of old character favourites. I'd even welcome FF mini mutants too.

===HERO

01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
So, what are the odds of this line lasting a while? I'd love to get some other characters, like April, Casey, Splinter, and the other Stone Generals. And are Donnie and Mikey's playsets not out yet? cause I need them. and 2 of Donnies (I'm gonna put one on the other end, next to Mikey's base, to act as a 'garage' for the Battle Shell and Raph's bike.)

As far as I know, the Mike and Don playsets are not out yet. With the exception of three Alien Hunters, I have just about everything that has come out so far since Christmas (with the exception of those lame role-playing sets that include a not-so-lame cannister of ooze).

Hero, if you see this, please PM me about that Leonardo's Dojo you wanted. I'm thinking that it's going to cost a bit more than I had originally anticipated (it's kind of heavy). I haven't picked it up yet because I don't know if you're still interested.

VaughnMichael
01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Seeing all of those triceratons makes me so frustraited...I've yet to find one with a good paint job! agh!:x

Hero
02-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Mini Mutants are now out in the UK.

===HERO

tmntman
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.tmnttoys.com/minitmnt/playsets1/8702.jpg

By the time they add the two other play sets plus the three story play set that was show at Toy Fair, I should have a pretty large display of Mini Mutants. I hope the standardize the style though.

Hero
02-20-2008, 03:56 PM
The display at Toyfair was to quote Steve Murphy "lame". I was hoping that the Splinter figure from this range would be unveiled.

Was there ever an April or Casey announced for this line?

===HERO

VaughnMichael
02-20-2008, 04:17 PM
The display at Toyfair was to quote Steve Murphy "lame". I was hoping that the Splinter figure from this range would be unveiled.

Was there ever an April or Casey announced for this line?

===HERO
Nope, and I said the same exact thing Steve did but I'm to Harsh on playmates pft..

02-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Vaughn, Steve doesn't complain nearly as much about Playmates' sculpts as you do.

VaughnMichael
02-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Vaughn, Steve doesn't complain nearly as much about Playmates' sculpts as you do.
Um, yeah since I complain about oh just one recently, And you're missing my point.
It's how it always goes around here, people think something else until some one from Mirage says other wise and then they all change their minds.
And you know damn well CJJ that They need to step it up or step out.
Every other character line from a show or comic book leaps and bounds more respect that tMNT ever does from Playmates.
Playmates picks up a new line like say the new Star Trek they will be getting they would put tuns more attention on that, yet TMNT is the line that put them on the damn map, you would think that would count for something.

The only thing I don't like or understand is DRAKO that is it I'm even fine with the stupid turtles in skateboarding outfits.
They want to release a character in an outfit like that put out Mondo Gecko.

02-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree that it was a strange choice. But you have to understand that kids like extreme sports, and so it makes sense to incorporate villains into that theme as well as heroes if you are trying to sell toys to children. I've been really happy with the mini mutants line and I actually trust Playmates discretion on some of the decisions that they are making. Yes, I agree that the toys could be better and that TMNT deserve more respect. I think rehashing the Mech Wreckers is stupid, but I think that if they are going to do scaled down versions of figures that already exist, it's interesting to create hybrids between the movie toys and cartoon toys and put new spins on other scaled down versions. I do think it's possible that we'll see other versions of Drako, Multi-Arm Shredder, and Baxter that don't contain the sports equipment. Even if we don't, I'm pretty happy with what we're getting. I just wish they were cranking out more of it (i.e. April, Casey, Splinter, Usagi, Gen, Traximus, Mutated Don, etc.)

Hero
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
From what I saw of the 4 armed Shredder mould it looks like the rollerblades are removable. If that is the case with Draco I would welcome that compromise.

I don't mind my TMNT figures with extra cheese as long as it is optionally on or off.

===HERO

VaughnMichael
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
From what I saw of the 4 armed Shredder mould it looks like the rollerblades are removable. If that is the case with Draco I would welcome that compromise.

I don't mind my TMNT figures with extra cheese as long as it is optionally on or off.

===HERO
As I've stated, I feel the same exact way Hero, but it doesn't look likr Drako is that way, I could care less if he comes with a snowboard, but that outfit he's wearing is horrid.
I mean are they starting to care about the characters not wearing clothes?
lol:lol:

Hero
02-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Isn't Jammerhead another extreme sports villain? at least is his case it makes sense.

And did Playmates give a release date on the mini-Paleo Patrol figures?

===HERO

Slash
02-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I just want to have a Mini Ratking to hang out with the large Rat King... The Rat Prince! :)

thebrownranger
02-24-2008, 08:40 AM
As I've stated, I feel the same exact way Hero, but it doesn't look likr Drako is that way, I could care less if he comes with a snowboard, but that outfit he's wearing is horrid.
I mean are they starting to care about the characters not wearing clothes?
lol:lol:

That shows how conservative Playmates is :P

Coola Yagami
02-24-2008, 09:02 AM
They should release mini-Traximus, mini-Usagi and mini-Medieval Shredder so we can have versions of them without the stupid fall-apart or forced-pose gimmick!

Hero
02-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I just want to have a Mini Ratking to hang out with the large Rat King... The Rat Prince! :)

Good idea. :D

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Ken_Flatt2/Toys/ratking_and_jnr.jpg

===HERO

VaughnMichael
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
That's What I've been doing with asll my mini Muatants Hero way back when I post the first image of Mini Foot Tech with big brother foot tech.
And I've got mini hun with big hun and so on...

Hero
02-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I think the scale of Rat King's rats work better alongside his Mini Mutant version.

===HERO

VaughnMichael
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I think the scale of Rat King's rats work better alongside his Mini Mutant version.

===HERO
heh I agree even if it sort of would look more like a cat if it was larger.

thebrownranger
02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
What are the further plans Playmates has after the mini mutants toyline is done? Oh yeah, when will it end?

Drtooth
02-25-2008, 12:03 PM
They should release mini-Traximus, mini-Usagi and mini-Medieval Shredder so we can have versions of them without the stupid fall-apart or forced-pose gimmick!

Genosuke. Genosuke had the fall aprt thing. Usagi had a spring loaded hip joint.

But I really really want to see the Mini line become so popular we have characters like that in the line up. Still disapponted they didn't make the $1 Family Dollar minis in every single character and varient released. This could be their chance to do that.

Shell, I'd buy any TMNT varient in miniform. EVEN Crazy Clown Mike!

GreasyBoi
02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
What are the further plans Playmates has after the mini mutants toyline is done? Oh yeah, when will it end?

In the future after mini mutants, in fall they will release 2k8 figures. Not sure about your second question.

Hero
02-26-2008, 01:47 AM
When will it end? It just got started.

IMO Mini Mutants should stay as a regularly produced size assortment especially as a pocket money / budget range for those who don't have a lot to splash out on regular and bigger toys. Transformers, WWE, Dr Who Power Rangers, Star Wars all have the smaller size ranges and ending Mini Mutants would make something less to offer on the TMNT side of things. The addition of Mini Mutants to the TMNT line has filled a gap as it were.

===HERO

METALHEAD
02-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Well, i finally got least two of them, leo x hun raph x triceraton....i have to admit theyre pretty cool... cant wait to get the last two:D

Drtooth
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
When will it end? It just got started.

IMO Mini Mutants should stay as a regularly produced size assortment especially as a pocket money / budget range for those who don't have a lot to splash out on regular and bigger toys. Transformers, WWE, Dr Who Power Rangers, Star Wars all have the smaller size ranges and ending Mini Mutants would make something less to offer on the TMNT side of things. The addition of Mini Mutants to the TMNT line has filled a gap as it were.

===HERO

Not to mention that in my area, the Minimutants aren't even on the shelf a month. They move even faster than the movie figures.

Hero
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I think that crossing them over with 2K3 has made them all the more interesting. The movie toys IMO went stale too quickly.

Draco on rollerblades may not be everyones cup of tea, but I am sure there will be cheeseless characters to follow in a third or forth wave. Perhaps more key characters like Casey, April, Splinter and Karai are being saved for later potential VS packs.

===HERO

Drtooth
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Still... I can't wait to see what cheesy gadget these roller blade characters will work with.

Anyone got a picture of the unreleased "Speedies" Launcher with Don's head on it as a lever?

Kendamu
02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
If some Turtle figures came with the Battle Shell (like they do with EVERYTHING ELSE) then maybe I'd grab it.

Hero
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I think vehicles and playsets for this line really work, they are smaller, more affordable and less of a clutter. I have heard that the bikes are not very good though with brittle kickstands and all.

The Mikey and Go-Kart looks ace!

===HERO

Ninjinister
02-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I can't even find any non-mini mutant figures (except for the Alien Hunter Turtles - not the aliens, just the Turtles), in stores in these parts. If it weren't for the fact that I just moved (and that's costly), I'd snatch them all up. But those little... guys... are... taunting me....

Drtooth
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
The actual film figures, while not sitting on the shelves, aren't moving half as much as these Minimutants. Not even the Spiderman, Transformers, and Star Wars versions of the real thing are doing this well. I think the clever twist is that each pack includes on Turtle and one villain, while the others (Star Wars, etc) have 2 characters paired together with different affiliations. Sometimes you see 2 good guys (Chewie and 3Po) or one good guy and one villain (Obie wan and Vader) or 2 Villains (Vader and the Emperor). While that works for them, I think Playmates really struck a nerve so far by putting Turtle/Villain in a pack.

Ninjinister
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
That's kind of what I meant. These suckers are flying off of shelves so fast that stores are constantly restocking.

It makes me sad that they're about to already clog the line with useless variants, though :(

NoPressApril
02-27-2008, 03:09 PM
I keep checking this thread hoping someone is gonna find series 2 soon. Btw, who exactly is series 2 of the carded 2 packs gonna be? Is it the Paleo Patrols?

Hero
02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I think so like an equivellant to Wave 1 with the TMNT and vehicles maybe.

===HERO

GreasyBoi
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
The vehicle in the mini mutants line just got bigger. Don:www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2008/sewer-slider/don.html
Mike:www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2008/sewer-slider/mike.html
Don't know when Leo and Raph will be out. I'm Dissapointed because they just copied and re-released the 2k3 sewer sliders and shell cycles.:roll:
What a waste of money.:roll:

02-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh, come on. It's not THAT bad. The turtles are simply copies of the movie figures, too. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. I'll probably pick them up since I simply have to own everything Playmates puts out (with the exception of the really really lame stuff). These may not be all that original but at least they're pretty :)

tmntman
02-28-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm Dissapointed because they just copied and re-released the 2k3 sewer sliders and shell cycles.:roll:
What a waste of money.:roll:

That's true, but keep in mind that since these were produced back in '03 / '04, they have been off the market for upwards of 5 years. For kids, that is enough time for the entire target audience to turn over.

Hero
02-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I am cool with re-issues myself. I have a feeling these vehicles will share the same shelf warming, dust collecting fate alongside the Party Van however.

===HERO

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm glad these are being re-issued. I did not get them the first time around.

Drtooth
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
It makes me sad that they're about to already clog the line with useless variants, though :(

AH, this time the varients have merit. Personally, I'd love to see other good guys from the show, like April and Casey. But these kind of varients have much more going for them than the varients before. As they are smaller figures, smaller varients are more fun to collect- a similar fashion to MUSCLES, Monster in my Pocket, Homies etc. etc. Plus, the varients come with new figures. So either way, they have the potential to move much faster than any of the normal 6" varient figures. I wouldn't mind Paleo Patrol or Garbage armor figures in smaller forms myself, especially if it comes with a Shredder, a Savanti, or a Purple Dragon or something....

I just hope these last long enough to be absorbed into the 2k8 series. I'd kill for FF figures in this style as well.

02-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Me too. I would love to see FF figures in this style. It's also interesting how they've sculpted them to look like the movie toys, but are giving them the clothing that the cartoon toys wore. These should fly off of the shelves.

VaughnMichael
02-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Me too. I would love to see FF figures in this style. It's also interesting how they've sculpted them to look like the movie toys, but are giving them the clothing that the cartoon toys wore. These should fly off of the shelves.
Well the other ones have so there's no reason these won't, I like everything even the lil dinos and whatnot the only one I have a problem with is that spedo biker Drako lol

Hero
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I wonder how well these figures would do in Japan.

===HERO

Drtooth
02-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I wonder how well these figures would do in Japan.

Do they even have them in Japan is the question. or do die hards have to do what we do and ship them over in some sort of US based toy boutique?

Roseangelo
02-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Do they even have them in Japan is the question. or do die hards have to do what we do and ship them over in some sort of US based toy boutique?

Japan only started getting 2K3 toys about halfway through last year. What they've gotten is somewhat interesting. Instead of releasing the basic Turtles, only the Mutation Turtles got released (but AS the basic Turtles). A handful of the secondary characters have been released (basic versions). And then the gold armor Ninja Knights got released... random stuff.

METALHEAD
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
thank god i live in america then.. >w< mmm..i gotta get donny and mikey sometime this week....

Drtooth
03-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Japan only started getting 2K3 toys about halfway through last year. What they've gotten is somewhat interesting. Instead of releasing the basic Turtles, only the Mutation Turtles got released (but AS the basic Turtles). A handful of the secondary characters have been released (basic versions). And then the gold armor Ninja Knights got released... random stuff.

Off topic, But I'm really hoping they make their own original merchandise. I missed out on all this kickshell stuff last time, but I shall not get caught napping again. I really hope thet have those SD-ish candy figurines. I love those things.

tmntman
03-03-2008, 01:10 PM

You can get a better idea of what was released there at Japan-Toys.com (http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-goods2.cgi?key=mutant%20ninja)

Slash
03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-goods2.cgi?id=TKR-525

!!!

Roseangelo
03-03-2008, 06:27 PM

!!!

Oh, I've seen better pictures of that that give a better look at what it is. It actually looks pretty neat. I'll see if I can re-find pictures...

Hero
03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd love to see Mini Mutants versions of The Dark Turtles.

===HERO

VaughnMichael
03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd love to see Mini Mutants versions of The Dark Turtles.

===HERO
ooooooooo me t and Darius Dunn since we never got a figure of the fat basterd!

Hero
03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Triple Threat, The Gunjin, Turtle Titan etc would all be great.

These figures could happen if Jammerhead is anything to go by.

===HERO

Leonardo19
03-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Man I would love to see all these FF characters in Mini Mutant form. Don't forget the FF Triceratons. I currently been army building my Mini Mutants collection. I want to see some regular Foot Soldiers to army build.

Blade Raider
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM

!!!

Holy crap, that playset looks nice! Not as nice as the 2k3 set, but still nice! At the least, it wouldn't be to hard to make it an add-on to the 2k3 set. Is it me or does it look like it has more on the other side of the wall?

Leonardo19
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I am also working on custom SAINW Mini Mutant Turtles. I want to also soon start Mini Mutant Justice Force members. Man Playmates we need a TMNT universe toyline. :D

Hero
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
How about the Ninja Tribunal as minis, as well as other figures that really should have been released as regular sized offerings.

===HERO

Drtooth
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
But then again, we shouldn't think too far into the line. Because if something happens and they cut it off half way the Coulda/Shoulda/Woulda would drive you mad.

Hero
03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Agreed, but we should be used to it by now.

===HERO

Drtooth
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Though I say, if vehicles have to be made, this would be the prime time to make a Turtle Taxi, or a Tortuga Bros. Moving Van. This line has the potential to fill in Lost Season gaps.

Hero
03-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Exactley. There is a long back catalogue of characters from the movie and 6 seasons of the toon to pick from. I think even if it does'nt sink in with Playmates the potential this line really has there should at least be some non-turtle good guys fill in the already immeadiate gap in the line.

I've never bought many of the vehicles in TMNT toy collecting because I concentrated on mainly the figures. I received Mikey and his Moto Slider thing in the mail yesterday and I must say that the vehicles really do work much better in mini form. I think Raph and his Nightwatcher bike would have been better in this kind of assortment.

Anyway.

Is the Battle Shell out yet?

===HERO

VaughnMichael
03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Is the Battle Shell out yet?

===HERO
Yes, it's been out for awhile here.

Hero
03-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I've not seen it here in England yet. How much does it retail for in USD?

===HERO

Hero
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Taken from Steve Murphy's blog (since the post is buried :)) in case anyone has'nt seen these comparison shots of Baxter yet. I wonder who his VS pack dance partner will be.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Ken_Flatt2/TMNT/BaxterW.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Ken_Flatt2/TMNT/BaxterB.jpg

===HERO

holygrail
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh how I love the mini-figs!

These guys will complement my SuperHero Squad and Transformer Robot Heroes nicely! I gonna take an absolute stab at Baxters package buddy and say Splinter - if he hasn't been sighted already (ok I confess, I didn't read the whole thread :oops:)

Slightly OT but Hero your comments about the vehicles I find interesting. It could be argued that one of the best things about the TMNT line (old and 2K3) is the vehicles/playsets. I mean, not many other lines do them any more not to mention with as much detail, features or scale. The MOTU line comes close but the green machine have been doing this successfully for years.

Not having a go, just a humble observation/opinion. ;)

Drtooth
03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Before this eaks down into a vehicle vs. no vehicle thread, I agree that a lot of the Vehicles were great. But the problem is, most of them worked better in the old toon line. Some things, like the Battle Shell were great, but Mech Wreckers seemed too much. I think mini versions of the vehicles would work a little better, since they could be cheaper and easier to store. Plus, as I said, the mini line has the potential to pick up any Lost Season toys that would have gone unproduced. The potential. Not that they would or will make the Turtle Taxi or the Moving Van.

What would have been great is that if (after the failure of Speedies) Playmates and 4Kids sublicenced some of the vehicles as die cast cars (Similar to the Monster Jam TMNT reproduction). A smaller, Hot Wheels style of the Battle Shell, Cowabunga Carl's van, etc.

I'm really loving that Baxter, but it seems they made him a lighter skin color than his previous forms. Unless I'm thinking about the hair color being different, and it reflects off the skin tone, making it appear lighter.

Hero
03-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Lets argee to disagree on the vehicles thing eh :)

BTW. Mini Mutants newspiece on the UK front by me -
http://figuredouthq.blogspot.com/2008/03/mini-mutants-playsets-already-on.html - Playsets for 4.95? Hmmm...

===HERO

Hero
03-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Does anyone have the MM Battle Shell, and is it any good?

I got the Raphael and bike combo the other day and it's terrible, it looks like a motorbike with stableisers. The Don/Mikey Go Karts are so much better.

===HERO

GreasyBoi
03-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I have it. I'm not sure if it's "great". I think it only has 2 chairs. But still it has a hook that TMNT can hang on.

Hero
03-20-2008, 01:03 PM
What about the Don, Raph and Mikey playsets? I now Leo's pretty decent, I have that one.

===HERO

03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't think the Mikey playset is out yet.

I like the mini BattleShell.

odupianist
03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Darth, you say Mikey's isn't out yet, is Don's? I've only seen Raph's and Leo's.

VaughnMichael
03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Darth, you say Mikey's isn't out yet, is Don's? I've only seen Raph's and Leo's.
Only Raph & Leo's sets are out right now.

03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure neither of them are out yet.

Hero
03-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Do Playmates ever announce release dates for thier stuff?

===HERO

VaughnMichael
03-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Do Playmates ever announce release dates for thier stuff?

===HERO
No, we just guess when the official site puts images up that the figures will be out within weeks sort of the same goes for the comics to.

Hero
03-22-2008, 07:36 PM
They really should give a rough estimate really as a way of telling the consumer to start saving.

===HERO

Roseangelo
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I emailed Playmates about when the Mike and Don playsets would be available and the response I got was "near the end of 2008."

WTF?!!!

Grrr....

:x

03-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, Paula doesn't know EVERYTHING. Let's hope that they come out sometime this summer when the next wave of mini-mutants comes out. That would make sense.

Besides, it's already April. The end of 2008 is closer than you might think... ;)

VaughnMichael
04-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Well, Paula doesn't know EVERYTHING. Let's hope that they come out sometime this summer when the next wave of mini-mutants comes out. That would make sense.

Besides, it's already April. The end of 2008 is closer than you might think... ;)
All that very true John especially the bit about Paula, she's told me quite a few figures would be coming out or had been out already when I knew myself they were never released or hadn't been yet.
The Purple Dragon figure comes to mind, first she told me it has already been out for awhile, then said she didn't know when it would be out, then told me it may come out in 2007, then she finally told me it was never released...well duh! lol

Hero
04-01-2008, 06:37 AM
I can't understand why the other two playsets would be held back like that.

Playmates over here don't have a UK office just a PR company called Vivid Imaginations who are really dumb. They told me that Harper Collins was the only store selling the Mini Mutants playsets. I looked up Harper Collins and found nada, just a load of books.

Harper Collins is actually a bookstore, shame Vivid did'nt know that.

===HERO

METALHEAD
04-08-2008, 08:01 PM
target has that battleshell onsale for 12 bucks.