PDA

View Full Version : You learn something new every day

JaffleMan
12-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Yay! Another random thread to help defeat boredom.

Today I learned my Grandfather can't possibly be my Dad's father. In his senile years he's finally decided to reveal to us that in WW2 he sustained an injury that robbed him of a certain part of the male anatomy. Which does explain a lot, including why my Grandparents got married when my Dad was 5 as well as my Granddad's unremitting crankyness.

So now i have no idea about my family ancestry from my Dad's side taking into account that my Nana was adopted. Oh joy!

So what has everyone else learned today?

AquaParade
12-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, well I'm trying to learn what a good digital camera to get would be for a 16 yr old girl from her parents for christmas...but i've yet to do it (refer to all around digital camera thread;)) but i did learn that my back and neck problems get worse everyday...yours is a lot more interesting though.

Peanut
12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
The best digital camera for a 16-year-old is no digital camera. Seriously, do kids need to have this stuff now? Phones and cameras and all this bullsh*t? They're kids! Stop taking idiotic pictures of yourself and messaging your super cute BF and go play. God DAMN it.

Anyways, I actually learned nothing new at ALL today. I worked at 5am, so I didn't sleep the night previous, and then I came home at 3:30 and went to sleep! Constructive day thus far, now I've got the whole night ahead of me, then more work and PARTY TIME! w00t!

AquaParade
12-14-2007, 08:35 PM
The best digital camera for a 16-year-old is no digital camera. Seriously, do kids need to have this stuff now? Phones and cameras and all this bullsh*t? They're kids! Stop taking idiotic pictures of yourself and messaging your super cute BF and go play. God DAMN it.

Anyways, I actually learned nothing new at ALL today. I worked at 5am, so I didn't sleep the night previous, and then I came home at 3:30 and went to sleep! Constructive day thus far, now I've got the whole night ahead of me, then more work and PARTY TIME! w00t!

Only as much as a kid needs a $600 gaming system :lol:

Peanut
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
True enough, but I find there may be a slight difference between playing a video game and taking pictures of your cleavage to put up on My Space, but maybe that's just me.

Ra
12-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I have learned that the world is getting hotter and hotter every day, and the notion of a cool breeze is currently non-existent in the southern hemisphere.

Jo Dawn
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM

That was great. It made me laugh, plus it sounded like me, haha.

I have learned that the world is getting hotter and hotter every day, and the notion of a cool breeze is currently non-existent in the southern hemisphere.

I've learned I need to move south. :P (Well, actually I knew that... but felt the need to put it in there again.)

Mecha Cow
12-15-2007, 08:05 AM
an injury that robbed him of a certain part of the male anatomy.
Ouch!

As for me, I have learned nothing today. Hell, I've only been up for two hours. Why yes, it is 4PM right now.

12-15-2007, 09:28 AM
I learned last night that I Am Legend is quite possibly the worst movie ever made.

Mr. Snackpants
12-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I learned last night that I Am Legend is quite possibly the worst movie ever made.

Oh c'mon it wasn't that bad.

12-15-2007, 11:54 AM
It was awful because it was like the writers didn't even read the novel. They must've been like, "man...this book is pretty long. 150 pages? F*ck that. Let's just write from what we read on sparknotes." I'd like to write a list of why it was so bad, but I just did it for my friend and I'm too lazy to write it again. I'm sure DrSpengler will have a review later or something.

Dr. Doom
12-15-2007, 01:40 PM
The Warriors was kinda like that too. But the difference is that The Warriors is an awesome movie.

Hannah
12-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Have you ever seen a movie that lived up to it's written counterpart?

VaughnMichael
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I just now learned that I should trust my instinct when I see that Will Smith is in a movie.:lol:

12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I just now learned that I should trust my instinct when I see that Will Smith is in a movie.:lol:

No, see, Will Smith is an amazing actor. He's an overall amazing person. It's a shame that he gets all the bad roles, even though he plays every character brilliantly.

AquaParade
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
True enough, but I find there may be a slight difference between playing a video game and taking pictures of your cleavage to put up on My Space, but maybe that's just me.

I know what angle your coming from, but this isn't that type of girl...she's actually into art and photography...

Mecha Cow
12-15-2007, 04:30 PM

I liked Fight Club the movie a lot more than Fight Club the book.

Sewer Bull
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM

The Godfather series?

cowabunga14
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Blade Runner?

Mr. Snackpants
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
It was awful because it was like the writers didn't even read the novel. They must've been like, "man...this book is pretty long. 150 pages? F*ck that. Let's just write from what we read on sparknotes." I'd like to write a list of why it was so bad, but I just did it for my friend and I'm too lazy to write it again. I'm sure DrSpengler will have a review later or something.

Oh see I never heard of the book before I read up on the movie. I just went it not knowing anything about the book and it was a decent movie. Will Smith was great.

ToTheNines
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Forrest Gump
The Birds

VaughnMichael
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
No, see, Will Smith is an amazing actor. He's an overall amazing person. It's a shame that he gets all the bad roles, even though he plays every character brilliantly.
He's a nice guy I know I've met him in person but that has nothing to do with the movies or crap old shows he's in that everyone likes..yes I hate the fresh prince.:dead:

Cure
12-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Through an odd turn of events in the chatroom, I learned Australia has black people. :|

Buslady
12-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Black Beauty, 90's version.

Raph's Girl
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
This week I learned the history of the stone of scone just from reading the latest issue of Gargoyles. Who says comics aren't educational?! :D

RAM BAM
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I learned four wheel drive doesn't make that much of a difference.