PDA

View Full Version : "Spinal Tapped" new story for the 2007 Tales Vol. 1 TPB

DrSpengler
12-19-2007, 03:19 PM
SPOILERS I guess

So anybody else pick up the Tales Vol. 1 TPB? I grabbed it solely for the new story, cuz I'm a sucker like that.

It's actually pretty funny. It features Savanti Romero...again, but he's the kind of comedy relief villain I never really get tired of seeing.

There's a bit of discontinuity between this story and "Masks" from TMNT Vol. 1, but they try to cover it up at the end.

The epilogue, though, is what I really want to talk about. It takes place in the future with all the geriatric Turtles, including geriatric Mikey for the very first time. However, the "reunion" turns out to just be a simulation by Don's computer, Chet. Whether this means Mikey actually grew to be that old or if Don just made it up, is unclear.

gobo
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Perhaps it was only a simulation because it would/will be physically impossible at that point. Jeez... That's a depressing thought.

TristanHuwJones
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
What I find most interesting is that Raph doesn't seem to age like the others...

Buslady
12-19-2007, 07:10 PM
doncha know! turtles dont age...really..they don't. so...they could live for a realllly long time. :D

if not that, it's all that skin stuff raph uses at night...ya know, like Oil of Olay stuff. hahaaha keeps him looking young!

Ninjinister
12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Holy Hamato on a stick... I need to get this....

Roseangelo
12-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Mine just shipped from P2P - looking forward to it!

Andrew NDB
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah, it does have that original story in it, doesn't it? I need to get it, then.

It does take out the Nobody story from the original TPB, though, doesn't it?

DrSpengler
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah, it does have that original story in it, doesn't it? I need to get it, then.

It does take out the Nobody story from the original TPB, though, doesn't it?

Yeah, Dan confirmed that a few weeks ago, too. A shame, really.

For the first time in ages, Lawson's new style didn't bother me at all with "Spinal Tapped". The entire story was played for laughs and I think his overly cartoonish/simplistic new style lends itself much better toward comedy relief.

Also, Savanti's Gon-like sidekick was adorable.

Scandia
12-20-2007, 04:50 AM
Does it still include the second Nobody story that the original Tales Collected Book had?

EDIT- read previous stuff on this thread. Guess not :( I never got to read it- just watch "Still Nobody".

Roseangelo
12-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Got!

I really enjoyed the new Spinal Tapped story!!

The new frontispieces are good too, although IMO they can't replace the originals.

And the scanned issues don't look too bad!