PDA

View Full Version : scracth up sai

Dontebell
02-12-2003, 03:07 PM
what kind of silver should i use to fixed my new raph figure sai? it all scracth

DarthRaphael
02-12-2003, 05:27 PM
moved to GD

DR

Dontebell
02-12-2003, 08:06 PM
thank but what kind of silver paint should i use?

Kali
02-13-2003, 09:10 AM
You should be able to find silver acrylic paint, the same kind used on the figures. Though you may have to repaint all the metal on the sais, as it would be pretty hard to get an exact match.

Dontebell
02-13-2003, 12:51 PM
have you try it befor?

Kali
02-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I haven't tried to paint TMNT weapons, but I have used metallic silver acrylic paint before on plastic figures. It does work rather well.

Kameko
02-13-2003, 01:34 PM
I haven't repainted any action-figures yet, but I repaint a LOT of the little figures you can get out of vending machines (like 'Homies', and Disney figures) and silver acrylic paint would be my suggestion, too. You'll probably want to seal it with some sort of varnish, though, because -- at least in my experience -- it has a habit of scratching off really easy. Of course, if you're going to just paint it and put it on a shelf, you don't really have to worry about it. :)

...On the other hand, if you put it somewhere where it might get bumped regularly (or if you have little siblings) you might want to go ahead and take the precaution. Otherwise you'll wind up constantly touching up the paint. :dead:

Kali
02-13-2003, 03:29 PM
Ooh, you repaint the vending machine toys, too, Kame? I've repainted those little sports aliens to look like the TMNT. I used silver acrylic to do the weapons on those.

Kameko
02-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I've seen your chibi-tmnt. They're so cute! Though I've never seen those figures around here. Or the ninjas someone was talking about in another thread. We have 'Homies' around here, more than anything. They're these little figures -- mostly Hispanic -- that are actually pretty cute. I've turned several of them into my Xmen characters. one of these days, when I get my new computer (And therefore can get my pictures OFF of my digital camera) I'll put some pictures up. I'm still looking for figures that I can turn into Kame, April, and Casey. :D

Kali
02-13-2003, 03:53 PM
I've seen those Homies ones, but I never got any because it didn't look like I could do a clean make over with them.

Kameko
02-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Heh, you can't do much with some of them, but some I've completely remade. When I get those pics up, I'll be sure to have some 'before' pictures with them.

Dontebell
02-13-2003, 04:59 PM
where can i get those metallic silver acrylic paint at?

Kameko
02-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Practically anywhere. Walmart carries it in the craft department. Any craft store should have it.

Dontebell
02-13-2003, 05:24 PM
oh ok thank-you for the tips

Kameko
02-13-2003, 05:42 PM
:D Anytime.

azure turtle
02-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Ooh!! So that's the kinda stuff you use for repaints. Thanks for the info, Kame 'n Kali! I need to repaint Leo's sword. I noticed that one of them has some brown paint showing near the tip. Bah...

Kali
02-13-2003, 07:28 PM
one of these days, when I get my new computer (And therefore can get my pictures OFF of my digital camera) I'll put some pictures up.
Cool. Ya know, with figures that small, you can also scan them in a regular scanner, that's how I did my chibi turtle pic.