PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Blue Harvest Ushers in iTunes 7.6

Brodie
01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
So, I snagged a discount copy of Blue Harvest, and the second disc is a Digital copy, which is becoming more popular as of late.

I tried to copy the digital copy to my iTunes, but it stated that I needed itunes 7.6 or better....At the point of finding that, iTunes 7.6 hadn't been announced. By the time of writing this, it has been.

But it turns out the Family Guy DVDs are the first of the few digital copy discs to be compatible with iTunes and iPods. Live Free or Die Hard was not.

A bit of research finds that iTunes 7.6 is coming with a new feature that allows for movie rentals.

Whats the big deal?

Its not. Other companies have beat them to the punch, but Apple is charging about 3-5 bucks for a 24 hour rental.

Double yew, tee, and also eff.

Drtooth
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Whats the big deal?

Its not. Other companies have beat them to the punch, but Apple is charging about 3-5 bucks for a 24 hour rental.

Indeed they do. But I'm going to go out on a limb, but people will make this a success anyway. You can put the rentals on your Ipod, right? Simple. You may only have it for one day, but if you can put it on an Ipod, people will rush over to that one.

But the question is, do other rental companies let you copy their downloaded film rentals onto a sync device of any kind? That could be the selling point.