PDA

View Full Version : miley cirus to be bilionaire by 20 years old

Jack Skellington
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah i hate her and i thought you'd like to hear abuot it and give your thoughts on her

Buslady
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Who's this?

Jack Skellington
01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Who's this?
HANNAH MONTANNA;)

Mr. Snackpants
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Someone shut this thug up.

gtfo.

Buslady
01-30-2008, 09:56 PM
ew. hannah banananaaaaa dorkette

GK Punk
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
One of my friends (well mostly my ex girlfriend's friend) was on an Episode of that show. I still haven't seen the one he was on though. I should find out what it was and look for a download or something. He played an Astronaut or some deal.

Drtooth
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
That makes the news posted on this thread (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=22985) to be all the more meaningful.

Hopefully, there'll be a big fight between Billy Ray and her over the cash, causing it to all go to lawyers, like every other child star.

We can only pray she turns out like Gary Coleman, and becoming a security guard.

XERO
01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
No joke.

Mitchel Musso, the kid who plays Hannah's best friend, Oliver, was at the airport in San Antonio, Texas a couple of months back. I took his order in McDonald's, and he was all covered up in a hoodie and sunglasses.

Trying to 'blend in', I guess.

jeff the cheff
01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Billionaire?? I knew she was big but I've never heard she would make that much money. Where is the source for this?

The Stryker
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Why does everyone have it out for this kid? She's just doing her thing and making money. It's not like she's eating babies every tuesday on Fox.

Mecha Cow
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about. What is a miley cirus?

Tinuvielsdreams
01-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Hmmm maybe we should all get wigs and dupe little kids into thinking we are two people so we can charge them double at concerts.... : P

Okays that was a little bitter sounding ...:P

Hannah
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
You shouldn't let celebrities rule your lives.
Why do you care?

Tinuvielsdreams
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
bored and saw the thread bascially, plus the commercial for her movie has been driving me crazy ...lol

Raph's Girl
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Yea... And apperantly Wal-Mart is gonna have their own Hannah Montana isle with clothes, figures, ect aimed at girls from age 8 - 15. :roll: Heard this on the news the other day. Ugh.

Plus there's her theatrical film that'll be in theatres starting tomarrow. Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers in a movie together.... 2 of the things I really hate right now. Gods those Jonas brothers are irritating... they're like the Hanson brothers. I hate their version of King Louies' Jungle Book song. :/

Jester
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Everyone with too much time on their hands raise them!

GK Punk
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Why does everyone have it out for this kid? She's just doing her thing and making money. It's not like she's eating babies every tuesday on Fox.

Dude, Seriously. I think I now support her just out of the stupidity of hating her cause she's rich.
I... still don't have to watch the show though, right?

Jester
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
If I dislike Hannah Montana it's for the same reason I hate High School Musical and all the other teen junk food Disney releases cause it's uber-popular. I've never really liked things that are waaaay too popular.

GK Punk
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
No offense, but that's a lame reason to hate something. that's even worse than liking something just because it's popular. I don't mean that negative towards you personally, I just really hate that mentality.

Jester
01-31-2008, 08:33 PM
I can understand that. <Maybe I should explain myself further. I think my problem with those specific things is that they are everywhere. No matter where you are or what you are doing there's Hannah Montana or HSM or heck back in the day Pokemon. Trends bug the wiz out of me. It just gets annoying. Sure I jumped on the TMNT and even the MMPR band wagons, but that was kinda after the fact. I've never jumped on trends when they are big. maybe next week I'll like Hannah Montana, but not right now. Then again I'm not the demographic. I guess for lil' girls there are worse role models or entertainment than HM and HSM.

GK Punk
01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, let's just thank the gods that there is no Paris Hilton kids show.

Sewer Bull
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I hate everyone richer than me.

But then again, I hate everyone poorer than me, too. Because they're losers.

BTW - I haven't heard of Miley Cirus up till today.

No joke.

Mitchel Musso, the kid who plays Hannah's best friend, Oliver, was at the airport in San Antonio, Texas a couple of months back. I took his order in McDonald's, and he was all covered up in a hoodie and sunglasses.

And now we know how to track you down, pal.

*books a ticket to San Antonio only to order a burger there*

Drtooth
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM

Nope. She's just brainwashing them. I do not want my brain washed. it's dry clean only.

can understand that. <Maybe I should explain myself further. I think my problem with those specific things is that they are everywhere. No matter where you are or what you are doing there's Hannah Montana or HSM or heck back in the day Pokemon. Trends bug the wiz out of me. It just gets annoying. Sure I jumped on the TMNT and even the MMPR band wagons, but that was kinda after the fact. I've never jumped on trends when they are big. maybe next week I'll like Hannah Montana, but not right now. Then again I'm not the demographic. I guess for lil' girls there are worse role models or entertainment than HM and HSM.

I never hate something because its popular. Popularity makes no difference to me. I just like what I like and hate what I hate. I think her show (as well as everything on Disney) is just horribly put together, and makes the Home Alone movies look like the Marx Brothers "Night at the Opera." Cheap pratfalls and overacting do not a show make.

Not only that, but she's killing in the ratings, causing the greedy 20something network execs to make the exact same ilk of terrible tweenage programming. And since none of that is animated, us animators are no longer in demand. I can't even get my foot in the door of a production company as an intern if I wanted to.

But I really really want to see a huge falling out when her parents take all the money. Just like the kid on Home Imporvement. We have nothing to worry about. In 30 years, she'll be a pudgey middle aged hasbeen, singing crappy songs in Las Vegas with a smoking addiction distorted voice.

Of course, I was wrong about the Spice Girls doing the same thing.

GK Punk
02-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I guess I'm just not cool enough to wish bad things to happen to someone I'm not a fan of.

The Stryker
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess I'm just not cool enough to wish bad things to happen to someone I'm not a fan of.

Man! I hope Batista gets hit by a train! I don't care if he brings some people enjoyment! I don't like him and thats all that matters! He must go!

Cure
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM

You're right about you've said before, man. There's a TREND of pointless hating towards something on these boards.

Jack Skellington
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
You're right about you've said before, man. There's a TREND of pointless hating towards something on these boards.
when has that happened?:lol:

Sewer Bull
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
when has that happened?:lol:

Ever since I joined, people hated certain celebs here.

But lately, it's become quite a fashion.

Buslady
02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
how is it they can create these uber poopular shows with talent-less teens and they make a ton of money?

I transport children in my bus, responsible for 65 lives, the future of many many families...why the (@*&# aren't I making a TON of money??????

The Stryker
02-02-2008, 12:31 AM
how is it they can create these uber poopular shows with talent-less teens and they make a ton of money?

I transport children in my bus, responsible for 65 lives, the future of many many families...why the (@*&# aren't I making a TON of money??????

Because nobody wants to watch a show about a bus driver.

02-02-2008, 07:40 AM

You're really obsessed with the bus driving. You know you're just a glorified taxi driver, right?

KROW
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Because nobody wants to watch a show about a bus driver.

Yeah, The Honeymooners are too vintage. Then again, living in this era of remakes, why not?

"To the moon, Cyrus!"

Buslady
02-02-2008, 12:09 PM
You're really obsessed with the bus driving. You know you're just a glorified taxi driver, right?

well when you own and run your own bus operation, it tends to become an integral part of one's life.

And there's more to it than being a glorified taxi driver; we actually go thru training, they dont.

i never said anything about a show about a bus driver...im saying, I have lives in my hands, why arent I getting paid alot more than what i get now? it's not that easy of a job.

Raph's Girl
02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I'll just say this:

Miley Cyrus. First time I even heard of her was about a year ago when she appeared and "sang" on GMA. I didn't like the noise that she calls music. That's why I don't like her....I don't like her music. Simple as that. I have NEVER seen one ep of Hannah Montana. I've seen clips on tv of the music on that show but that's it.

I don't understand why the little girls love her so danged much. Willing to fork over $1000 or more for a 1 hour concert. It's just fraking nutty.

As for High School Musical... I've never seen any of the High School musical things...I've only seen some music vids and heard em sing on GMA and Regis and Kelly. So I really don't have an opinion on it.

I mean don't get me wrong. I love musicals. Grease (the ORIGINAL High School Musical), West Side Story, Sound of Music, The King and I....those are classics. I watch em whenever they're on tv.

Im just not into the teeny bopper stuff. These are all simply fads that'll die off in a couple years. Next thing ya know Miley Cyrus (I like her dad's music BTW) will be dating Robin Thicke (another so called singer who can't sing a danged note... gah he's HORRIBLE)...and we'll just focus on that and forget about her little Disney channel show.

And then there's the Jonas Brothers... I don't like them. They remind me too much of Hansen. I HATE their version of "Wanna Be Like You"....they ruined one of my fave Jungle Book songs. So Poo on them!

Sewer Bull
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Buslady, you almost sound like you were perfoming open-heart surgeries for living.

Jester
02-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I can kinda see where BL is coming from only in this regard. There are people out there who provide vital and often difficult and time consuming services and get paid jack while people who act, sing, or play a sport for a living make more in a week then they'll make in their lifetimes. I'm more thinking about teachers, who educate these people, but get paid peanuts. Oh, well. I personally don't care for Miley because she's every where, that's my beef, the over-exposer of Hannah Montana.

Ra
02-03-2008, 01:14 AM
...but...it's cool... :(

I honestly don't care for her. She could be the most intellectual being on the face of this planet and I still wouldn't really care for her. Just another Lizze Maguire kind of a person...kind of like a carbon copy. So what? It's not like anyone's lives are at risk. Mostly. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=22985) But that's beside the point.

I don't know why she's hated so much...maybe it's to do with the money she's making. Maybe it's do to with "being a bad role model to young women", as my mum put it when she saw a preview of her show. Maybe it's all that and the fact that there is a growing number of people that are starting to hate what they see on television. Who's to know? All I know is that I'm not directly affected by her, so I don't really give a rat's.

Raph's Girl
02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Maybe it's do to with "being a bad role model to young women", as my mum put it when she saw a preview of her show. Maybe it's all that and the fact that there is a growing number of people that are starting to hate what they see on television. Who's to know? All I know is that I'm not directly affected by her, so I don't really give a rat's.

A bad role model??? How? Miley's done nothing that would make her seem like a bad role model. She's just a bad singer with her own show thanks to her daddy.

And BTW Hannah Montana is #1 in the box office! There can't be that many little girls who went to the theatre this weekend?! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080203/ap_en_mo/box_office_3

02-03-2008, 07:22 PM
It's all the pedos who are going to see it.

ThirdMarioBro
02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
If I dislike Hannah Montana it's for the same reason I hate High School Musical and all the other teen junk food Disney releases cause it's uber-popular. I've never really liked things that are waaaay too popular.

Yeah! Burn down the establishment! Stick it to all those teenagers.

:roll:

Im just not into the teeny bopper stuff. These are all simply fads that'll die off in a couple years. Next thing ya know Miley Cyrus (I like her dad's music BTW) will be dating Robin Thicke (another so called singer who can't sing a danged note... gah he's HORRIBLE)...and we'll just focus on that and forget about her little Disney channel show.

And then there's the Jonas Brothers... I don't like them. They remind me too much of Hansen. I HATE their version of "Wanna Be Like You"....they ruined one of my fave Jungle Book songs. So Poo on them!

You sound like one of those people who just hit that point between 30 and 40 where they feel like nothing around today is as good the stuff when you were a kid. Congratulations! You just reached the end of your fun years on Earth. Now all you need is an IRA account and a cat and you're set to join the ranks of old people.

GK Punk
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
It's all the pedos who are going to see it.

So how was it, Ai?

02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
It was amazing. The skirt wasn't high enough, though. :cry:

GK Punk
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
That's why I love you, Ai.

02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I love you too, buddy. <3

Drtooth
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I don't understand why the little girls love her so danged much. Willing to fork over $1000 or more for a 1 hour concert. It's just fraking nutty.

Heh. no wonder why she's gonna be rich. She's her own scalper. I can't call her or Disney stupid for this. it's an evil brilliance.

And I'm gonna have to sympathise with Buslady. There are people who have to work thankless jobs for little pay to barely afford to live, while some talentless robot lipsyncs to music she didn't even write, and makes a fortune because rich soccermoms don't want to upset their greedy, spoiled kids.

I can agree Miley is a better role model than half the others out there who are outright sluts and telling kids to dress up like prostitutes at age 5 (like the Bratz). But she still brings up 2 things I cannot stand to see. Thing number one, the whole ultra greed craze where everyone has to have the best of everything, and max out their credit cards to get it. Thing number 2, this whole idea that kids have to grow up sooner than they need to. Cartoons are too childish now? Yeah, I know that we've gotten to the point where half the kids shows suck, but come on. If actual cartoons are too childish, how can a bunch of live actors fumbling and bumbling about worse than a cartoon is all the more mature? And the worst part is the network execs who think likewise.

Spike Spiegel
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I told my mom about this thread and she said "Well, then, that's who you should marry" lol

Buslady
02-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I can kinda see where BL is coming from only in this regard. There are people out there who provide vital and often difficult and time consuming services and get paid jack while people who act, sing, or play a sport for a living make more in a week then they'll make in their lifetimes. I'm more thinking about teachers, who educate these people, but get paid peanuts. Oh, well. I personally don't care for Miley because she's every where, that's my beef, the over-exposer of Hannah Montana.

You seem to be the ONLY one here Jester who understood my point!!! (oops, after reading the rest of the posts, you too DrTooth!)

That is exactly what I was saying. People who have the lives of others in their hands, who are responsible for others, their safety, (law enforcement, fire, even us lowly school bus drivers have lives in our hands)etc get paid jack while performers get paid millions to act stupid on a stage.
On a side note:
Teachers don't get paid enough, sooo true!!!!!
I will say folks in the medical profession are at least EARNING that gazillion bucks they deserve. 'course, it always seemed mom (RN) wasn't making enough. *sigh*

Jack Skellington
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
man,i can't wait to see miley in agutter drunk and slurring "i'm hannah montanna!" in 20 years:lol:

Peanut
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow. Did I accidentally step into the "bitter loser" convention or what?

Not only do I love it when people hate something for being popular, but I love it even more when they say they get sick of how much exposure these things get, and the fact that they see it all the time is the "real" reason they hate it.

I have never seen one commercial, one paper ad, or one movie poster of anything Hannah Montana in my LIFE. The only thing I've ever seen is a Hannah Montana DS game at a Wal-Mart. You know why that is? Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't watch TV made for children, maybe some of you should try that? Half of you are in your mid-twenties or higher anyways. Maybe it's time to grow up. Or, crazy thought, maybe you should try doing something besides sitting around watching TV all day. You know outside? That scary place? It's usually not filled with ads for children's TV shows. And believe it or not, you don't HAVE to stare at ads for things that annoy you. Crazy, I know.

And lawl @ bus drivers have "lives in their hands". I should really tip the guy in my car pool for getting us to work everyday without killing us, I guess. :roll:

The Stryker
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow. Did I accidentally step into the "bitter loser" convention or what?

Not only do I love it when people hate something for being popular, but I love it even more when they say they get sick of how much exposure these things get, and the fact that they see it all the time is the "real" reason they hate it.

I have never seen one commercial, one paper ad, or one movie poster of anything Hannah Montana in my LIFE. The only thing I've ever seen is a Hannah Montana DS game at a Wal-Mart. You know why that is? Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't watch TV made for children, maybe some of you should try that? Half of you are in your mid-twenties or higher anyways. Maybe it's time to grow up. Or, crazy thought, maybe you should try doing something besides sitting around watching TV all day. You know outside? That scary place? It's usually not filled with ads for children's TV shows. And believe it or not, you don't HAVE to stare at ads for things that annoy you. Crazy, I know.

And lawl @ bus drivers have "lives in their hands". I should really tip the guy in my car pool for getting us to work everyday without killing us, I guess. :roll:

I don't like doing this but QFT.

seriously people.

Raph's Girl
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't watch TV made for children

You probably also don't watch anything on ABC. Then you'd definatly see Hannnah Montana. Frak she was on Extreme Makeover Home Edition last night. :P

I don't hate her. Im sure she's a nice kid. I just don't like her music.

As for bus drivers. I've known some nice bus drivers. Like this school bus driver I had for years in Germany, Herr Becker. Sweetest guy in the world. Everyone knew him, even the parents. They DO have lives in their hands. They ARE responsible for those lives. This actually would apply for anybody who drives with other people in their vehicle. No you don't have to tip your car pool driver. Maybe you should be appreciative of him at least. Thank him every once in a while.

Katie
02-11-2008, 06:34 PM
oh well. wish I could sing. or act. bet I could make a lot of money ;)

Stryker and I were talking about this earlier. The reason actors and singers and people like that make alot of money is because not everyone is that good at it. If everyone in the world could sing and people would love it, then singers wouldn't make that much money. same with sports or actors or writers...etc.

No offense to the regular Joe on the beat protecting lives...but I could go join the police academy, fire academy, army, etc and probably have no trouble getting in. Like I told Stryker...even a high school drop out could do my job if someone showed them how to do it. It's not rocket science and I will never make big bucks doing it, but I'll be comfortable and have a roof and some food. But stuff like singing and acting well...that is not an every day thing. The harder it is to do something and do it well, the more it will pay. That's all there is to it.

She doesn't sing my preferred choice in music....but someone must love it if she's doing ok.

Drtooth
02-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Sigh... why do I keep forgetting we're not supposed to show any opinions at all anymore, and just go with the crowd?

Seriously...

02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
If your opinions were backed up with any kind of logic, then it would be okay. But it just seems like a lot of people here just hate her because she has a talent for entertainment. Entertainment means money. Money means economy. We could really use that right now.

Seriously, if you're jealous because she's making a lot of money, then maybe you shouldn't have picked your line of work. If you really enjoyed what you do, you wouldn't even complain. It's never really about the money if you enjoyed what you do.

Peanut
02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Sigh... why do I keep forgetting we're not supposed to show any opinions at all anymore, and just go with the crowd?

Seriously...

Yeah, because that's what we all do around here.

I'M A SHINING F*CKING EXAMPLE!

Drtooth
02-12-2008, 03:29 PM
If your opinions were backed up with any kind of logic, then it would be okay. But it just seems like a lot of people here just hate her because she has a talent for entertainment. Entertainment means money. Money means economy. We could really use that right now.

Seriously, if you're jealous because she's making a lot of money, then maybe you shouldn't have picked your line of work. If you really enjoyed what you do, you wouldn't even complain. It's never really about the money if you enjoyed what you do.

Ahem. Clearly you didn't bother to read my post that has a view other than "I hate her because she's popular."

I hate her because:

Disney's live action shows are causing Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon to move onto like minded programs for competition, all the while killing prospects of new animated programming. less animated programming, less animation jobs, more people I have to fight for to get a crappy internship.

That's logic beyond her music is terrible.

Not to mention the fact that people born into celebrity, leaving no room for up and coming talent kills the American dream.

02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, to be fair, I don't normally read your posts, because most of them are just crying about cartoons. But I guess that's an okay reason to dislike her. A little technical, but reasonable.

My point still stands for the rest, though.

EDIT: Killing the American dream for shows like American Idol? I hardly believe three judges deciding whether someone is good at singing or not is worthy of a contract. However, I don't knock American Idol, because it's a good and original concept. Could use some updating, though.

Mr. Snackpants
02-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Hannah Montana pwns. I don't have a problem with her. The only time I've ever been bombarded with Hannah Montana is at the movie theater. They have a big display with flat screens playing her DVD, selling her CD for $20. I kinda like the whole HM overload because I love watching people go crazy for her $hit and spend money they shouldn't be spending on their kids. It's hilarious. More power to her. I'd take advantage of everybody too.

GK Punk
02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, to be fair, I don't normally read your posts, because most of them are just crying about cartoons. But I guess that's an okay reason to dislike her. A little technical, but reasonable.

My point still stands for the rest, though.

EDIT: Killing the American dream for shows like American Idol? I hardly believe three judges deciding whether someone is good at singing or not is worthy of a contract. However, I don't knock American Idol, because it's a good and original concept. Could use some updating, though.

My personal favorite was his post where he said something about not being able to get a job in animation even if he tried. Meaning, he complains about it, but doesn't go out and TRY.

Jack Skellington
02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
somebody needs to get major BURN treatmant!:lol: