PDA

View Full Version : How rare is...

everythinginone
03-04-2008, 03:54 PM
How rare is the Quarry figure? I've only seen a few of them on ebay since this figure was released. I was lucky enough to pick one up at my wal mart a few years ago. I remembering hearing a while back about it being released late or something and being pretty tough to find. Does anyone else own one?

OA
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Its definately one of the hardest figures to find for the current TMNT line. I'd say that most of us on here seem to have been able to snag one, but overall it is pretty rare and I'm sure there are a few Dromers who have yet to get one. If I recall correctly, it did come out later than it was supposed to be and was pretty shortpacked.

everythinginone
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Its definately one of the hardest figures to find for the current TMNT line. I'd say that most of us on here seem to have been able to snag one, but overall it is pretty rare and I'm sure there are a few Dromers who have yet to get one. If I recall correctly, it did come out later than it was supposed to be and was pretty shortpacked.

Oh, ok cool! Thank you!

Bigfoot
03-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Ah yes, Quarry. Funny thing with this character. At the time of its release (which was later than expected), there was much discussion about how rare it was. I checked Walmarts for months and and only ever found 2. I still have them MOC. I did however get a loose Quarry in a loose lot on ebay once, and sold it for $90 the week before Christmas. The actual toy sucks. There is barely any articulation, and the way the hands are molded, she can't even hold her staff or shield. It looks funny when the head is turned, and mine had a hard time standing on its own. If you have one, I would leave it in the box. Some people open everything, so do what you want, and have fun.

everythinginone
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Ah yes, Quarry. Funny thing with this character. At the time of its release (which was later than expected), there was much discussion about how rare it was. I checked Walmarts for months and and only ever found 2. I still have them MOC. I did however get a loose Quarry in a loose lot on ebay once, and sold it for $90 the week before Christmas. The actual toy sucks. There is barely any articulation, and the way the hands are molded, she can't even hold her staff or shield. It looks funny when the head is turned, and mine had a hard time standing on its own. If you have one, I would leave it in the box. Some people open everything, so do what you want, and have fun.

That's awesome that you were able to sell it for so much! I agree, the figure isn't made very well. I would however like to get a loose one, the one I have is still in the box. I open most of my figures but that's manely because I'm not planning on selling them. I love the collecting aspect of it. If they are rare, it's always nice to have one in the package though. I remember the day I got Quarry and I was afraid my little cousin was going to open it. I'm really happy he didn't though after it was confirmed to be a rare figure.

Buslady
03-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Man I need money...I wanna get a tortoise...wonder if i can sell my Quarry for 90$$!!!!!!!! LOL!!