PDA

View Full Version : TMNT DVD releases

TMNT4kids
03-12-2008, 10:05 AM
It has come to my attention that there is a concern about the 4Kids DVD releases so I thought I would post a response to some of the questions I've received. Do keep in mind that things do change, but this is the most up-to-date info as of today:

The current plan is to re-release all the episodes for each season
in order.

The last episode of Season 4, "The Ninja Tribunal" will be on the Ninja Tribunal/Lost Episodes DVD as well as the Season 4 DVD.

"Nightmares Recycled" will not be on "The Ninja Tribunal" DVD. (That does not mean it will never see the light of day however - but that's all I can say about that for now.)

X
03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Good to know, and also good to know studio execs (or whatever affiliation you have in tinsletown,) don't mind being among the people. In this case fans.

I am almost in Hollywoods door myself, and once so, I will not be afraid to still be myself.

Good news however, about re-releasing ALL seasons (including a re-release of season 4,) I would love to see both season 4 releases with those spiffy new art covers.

One thing though - If you don't mind answering - will there be re-releases of the Fast Forward episode, broken down into 2 parts, with black side panel and trim at the bottom of the front cover, with the saying, "season 6?"

That would be sweet if so, as I love having my DVD collection in bookshelf fashion and would love to have my entire seasons of the 2k3 toon match, unlike the Lionsgate releases (which I still appreciate them releasing, but they could've stayed consistant with the packagin.)

-X-

VaughnMichael
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
"Nightmares Recycled" will not be on "The Ninja Tribunal" DVD. (That does not mean it will never see the light of day however - but that's all I can say about that for now.)
That is amazing news!
Can you please, if you can, list the stores that will be selling the dvd sets?

Casual Matt
03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Wait, the infamous episode 110 may yet exist? That's quite exciting.

And I'm already excited about completing my DVD collection for this show. Though I need money before I can go out and get Season Two Part 1 and Season Six Part 2.

Also, I take it that the second have of Season Four (previously released incorrectly labeled simply as "Season 4") will be rereleased in a similar format to the current releases. That's cool.

Revan
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Never see the light of day? Does that mean it's finished and unreleased or unfinished and we may just get to see storyboards and what not.

PrometheusUFO
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
I guess they could always complete production on "Nightmares Recycled" and make it another "DVD only" episode.. if Season 5 is re-released after Seasons 1-4. A Lost Lost Episode. :p

ToTheNines
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
The current plan is to re-release all the episodes for each season
in order.

The last episode of Season 4, "The Ninja Tribunal" will be on the Ninja Tribunal/Lost Episodes DVD as well as the Season 4 DVD.

Thanks for clearing that up, I've been kinda worried. But, I would like to ask, is there any chance that the time it takes for these releases to come out will hurry up?

Casual Matt
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, I've been kinda worried. But, I would like to ask, is there any chance that the time it takes for these releases to come out will hurry up?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind them coming out a bit quicker so I can get them all already.

Well, I just hope they all make it out by the time Season Seven finishes so we can get the seasons out as they come after that.

Raph The Angry
03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I barely ever find any of the new toon series seasons DVDs. Can someone please tell me how many of them have been released? I have Season 1 volume 1 &2, and Season 2 volume 1. What else is out there as for as the season collections go?

sdp
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
My take is Nightmares Recycled will be an episode on the new season.

Love the way the TMNT releases have been going on.

Casual Matt
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I barely ever find any of the new toon series seasons DVDs. Can someone please tell me how many of them have been released? I have Season 1 volume 1 &2, and Season 2 volume 1. What else is out there as for as the season collections go?

Aside from that, Season Six / Fast Forward is out in two volumes (Future Shellshock and Day of Awakening).

And the latter half of Season Four (minus the last episode, The Ninja Tribunal) is out in the form of a set somewhat incorrectly called "Season 4", though this will probably be rereleased later.

gobo
03-12-2008, 06:56 PM
specifically features episodes 11 & 13-25 out of the 26 in its respective season. That totals 14 episodes. I come from a long line of nit-pickers...

X
03-12-2008, 09:17 PM
I could see one of two things happening here...

1. Nightmares Recycled will be released on a set at sometime. It won't be airing on TV, so it really won't hurt Saturday morning watchers, if the material is indeed questionable.

2. I have also thought along with SDP, that maybe it will be a future episode, scaled down in tone to meet the needs for it to be aired, and it will somehow fit into the continuity of the current season.

In anycase, it would be excellent to see it finished. The subject matter is controversial, but one I believe could make for a great episode.

Oh one more thing. TMNT4Kids, could you answer this question?

"Why did they do away with the styalized scenes, where there were multiple windows and scenes playing at the same time?" Namely a 24 effect, that I noticed a lot in older seasons but died down, or out in later seasons?

I would love to see those again.

sdp
03-12-2008, 11:31 PM
TMNT4Kids, could the flash animated short clips be added as extras in some of the releases? I don't think there is that many of them and they aren't long and they include all the voice actors in some unique situations.

Buslady
03-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Refresh me memory, Nightmares is that freaky one about Hun and the Garbageman's icky..."connection" ?

Casual Matt
03-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Refresh me memory, Nightmares is that freaky one about Hun and the Garbageman's icky..."connection" ?

Indeed it is. The episode was shelved before it was really made since it wouldn't air anyway.

But the numbering includes it, so right now episodes 109 and 111 are part of Season Five, but episode 110 doesn't really exist.

gobo
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
TMNT4Kids, could the flash animated short clips be added as extras in some of the releases? I don't think there is that many of them and they aren't long and they include all the voice actors in some unique situations.
There were 20 1-minute skits from Peach Nova Productions (The Incredible Crash Dummies), and they all related to season 4. I thought they were great! ^_^

veemonjosh
03-17-2008, 08:40 PM
My theory is...

We might get a completed Nightmares Recycled in time for season 5's rerelease. :o

The Terror of Death
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
My theory is...

We might get a completed Nightmares Recycled in time for season 5's rerelease. :o

I doubt there will be a rerelease of season 5. And if there is one it would be years away considering the first release isnt even out yet.

Revan
03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Since nightmare's recycled wasn't completed, could they animate it in the new season style and air it during season 8? That could work

Drtooth
03-18-2008, 07:48 AM
(That does not mean it will never see the light of day however - but that's all I can say about that for now.)

Speculation time again, gang. My theory...

The episode is probably okay if they change them to sepperated twins instead of conjoined twins. If that was the problem, anyway. So I'd say it could appear, reworked, as an upcoming episode. If it appears.

veemonjosh
03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I doubt there will be a rerelease of season 5. And if there is one it would be years away considering the first release isnt even out yet.

...The original poster said rereleases of ALL the seasons, and that the first episode of Ninja Tribunal will be on it's correct set.

By that logic, the Lost Season and Fast Forward will eventually get rereleases in the same format as the current half-season sets.

Plus, the upcoming Ninja Tribunal set doesn't say "season 5" on it, so it would have to be rereleased for consistancy.

The Terror of Death
03-18-2008, 01:32 PM
...The original poster said rereleases of ALL the seasons, and that the first episode of Ninja Tribunal will be on it's correct set.

By that logic, the Lost Season and Fast Forward will eventually get rereleases in the same format as the current half-season sets.

Plus, the upcoming Ninja Tribunal set doesn't say "season 5" on it, so it would have to be rereleased for consistancy.

I still say FF and TLE wont have a second release. Releasing the exact same dvd set just to print season 5 and season 6 on the case seems a little silly.
Rereleases of season 1-4 are understandable because those episodes didnt have season sets. And the 06 release of season 4 was somewhat wrongly titled since it did not have every episode.

Unless they plan on adding special features, changing to Blu-ray, or adding more episodes, another season season set of FF and TLE would be a waste.

veemonjosh
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I still say FF and TLE wont have a second release. Releasing the exact same dvd set just to print season 5 and season 6 on the case seems a little silly.

You have to realize that, by the time they WOULD get around to doing this, it'd be 2011/2012 (from my estimation of the current pace). By that point, the original disks will probably be LONG out of print, thus rereleasing them would put them back on the market.

Rereleases of season 1-4 are understandable because those episodes didn't have season sets. And the 06 release of season 4 was somewhat wrongly titled since it did not have every episode.

I guess, but it wouldn't make much sense to have the same episode (The Ninja Tribunal) be repeated twice if they rerelease season 4 part 2, but don't rerelease season 5.

Unless they plan on adding special features, changing to Blu-ray, or adding more episodes, another season season set of FF and TLE would be a waste.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. By putting Nightmares Recycled in the spot in the series where it was originally meant to be at, they can use that to convince people to double-dip for season 5.

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
The Season 4 set technically was not a season set. Just 14 of the seasons 26 episodes. So I'll be okay buying that one again for sure. I'm still buying the Ninja Tribunal set because it will include 4x26, even though the eventual Season 4 Part 2 set will have it again. I don't care because I don't see a rerelease of Season 5 coming. Or FF for that matter.

Warhorse
04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok, so what dvd's are being released now? Am I correct in understanding that 2k3 season 1 and 2 has been released in their entireties, and that they are split up, season 1 part 1 of 2, season 1 part 2 of 2, season 2 part 1 pf 2 and season 2 part 2 of 2.

My question is, are these released in the order in which the creators had intended?

I caught onto 2k3 at about the 4th season, and tried to collect the dvd's of the earlier episodes that I could, but as you all know, they only have a few of the episodes per season, and not all of them. I sometimes get lost when you all are talking about the advancement of the characters because I really haven't had a chance to see all of the episodes. I want to get the full seasons, and not just a 1/4 of them, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

DrSpengler
04-09-2008, 07:44 PM
So far they've only released up through "Season 2 Part 1". The episodes are all in chronological order, so all the proper continuity is maintained.

gobo
04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Season 2 Part 2 won't be out 'til the fall, and the next DVD to come out will be Season 5/The Lost Season/Ninja Tribunal/The Lost Episodes (whichever name you like to give it) in two months.

AquaParade
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Hopefully the lost season dvd gets the same cover art treatment. This might be a silly question, but would 2k3 look significantly better on blu ray?

VaughnMichael
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Hopefully the lost season dvd gets the same cover art treatment. This might be a silly question, but would 2k3 look significantly better on blu ray?
The cover art for the lost season has already been shown ;)

tilallr1
04-10-2008, 08:18 AM

Of course. Colors would be richer, sound would be better, NO MACRO BLOCKING (God I hate that), picture would be ALOT clearer. It would be like heaven.

FlawedCoil82
06-11-2008, 01:53 AM

This is my biggest complaint as well. I have no problem shelling out $15 for each of these season sets, as they are more than worth the price. However I am deeply irritated that they are waiting so incredibly long in between to release the next one. There is no reason whatsoever that Funimation has to wait until September to release the second part of season 2. At the current rate it will be several more years before all of them are brought out on dvd. Is Funimation not concerned about the inevitable lull in TMNT popularity that will eventually come as trends and Fox's viewers age and turn away from TMNT? Then only the hardcore people will be buying these things. They should release them much quicker so that they will be sure to get the most profit during the height of their popularity. It just doesn't make any sense to release one full season a year. :roll:
Jack