PDA

View Full Version : Will NECA official color bandanas be a possibility at some point?

CyberCubed
05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I really want to own the Turtles with color bandanas but the custom ones go on ebay for too much.

Do you think there's any possibility they'll allow variants with the color bandanas?

Archon_Turtle
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I really want to own the Turtles with color bandanas but the custom ones go on ebay for too much.

Do you think there's any possibility they'll allow variants with the color bandanas?

Why dont you make them yourself? It is super easy to do :-)

kjamesm
05-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I doubt they would just because the colored bandannas are cartoon/archie style. I think they would sell a fair amount, and itd be a cheap way to make money since they already got the molds. But i think its doubtful.:|

VaughnMichael
05-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I doubt they would just because the colored bandannas are cartoon/archie style. I think they would sell a fair amount, and itd be a cheap way to make money since they already got the molds. But i think its doubtful.:|
You shouldn't doubt anything with this line, if it was Playmates yes then I'd doubt it.

Roseangelo
05-23-2008, 05:40 PM
You shouldn't doubt anything with this line, if it was Playmates yes then I'd doubt it.

Although I think they'd be pushing it since they're already releasing B&W turtles with the same molds. If they're gonna do colored bandannas, there should be new sculpts to reflect one of the other universes.

Jester
05-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I agree, Chris Allan sculpts all the way. :P

nevermore
05-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Although I think they'd be pushing it since they're already releasing B&W turtles with the same molds. If they're gonna do colored bandannas, there should be new sculpts to reflect one of the other universes.

That is so awesome! I have seen photos of the B/W figures from Comic Con, but I figured those were some sort of pre-painted prototypes. Do you know what else is going to be released in the NECA line (well, besides April and the Mousers that have been posted)?

BTW, love your collection pics, lot of cool stuff especially those (early years) Dark Horse Miniatures, I have never seen those before. :tgrin:

Bigfoot
05-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Why dont you make them yourself? It is super easy to do :-)

I agree. I just got my second set just so I could do this. I have done some customizing, and am by no means an expert, and feel confident that this is going to be quite easy. I want to make sure I get the drybrush effect perfect to make it look like it has creases.

kjamesm
05-23-2008, 08:21 PM

lol alright i wont doubt it....but i wont hold my breath either..
but it would be awesome to see neca make new molds based off the old cartoon...maybe 25th anniversary boxed set..one of the turtles and splinter,and one with shredder, rocksteady,bebop,krang and krangs body.....maybe a exclusive with april and casey

VaughnMichael
05-24-2008, 03:33 AM
lol alright i wont doubt it....but i wont hold my breath either..
but it would be awesome to see neca make new molds based off the old cartoon...maybe 25th anniversary boxed set..one of the turtles and splinter,and one with shredder, rocksteady,bebop,krang and krangs body.....maybe a exclusive with april and casey
Tell Peter Laird that he thinks the old 80's figures of those characters are fine.

TurtleManiac
05-24-2008, 07:01 PM
personally, IMHO i think the neca tmnt figures look terrible with multicolored bandanas. they look great in their original comic book style with all 4 wearing red. it makes them more of a team. but i highly doubt neca would ever make variations of tmnt figures such as the 80's toon, original movie etc. it would be a dream come true yes, but i just cant see it happenning.

VaughnMichael
05-24-2008, 08:47 PM
personally, IMHO i think the neca tmnt figures look terrible with multicolored bandanas. they look great in their original comic book style with all 4 wearing red. it makes them more of a team. but i highly doubt neca would ever make variations of tmnt figures such as the 80's toon, original movie etc. it would be a dream come true yes, but i just cant see it happenning.
Go to Peter Lairds Blog and tell him what you would like to see out of this line, the more of us that do so it will make it more of a reality and less hard to believe.

Miyamoto_Usagi
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
If they make make turtles will colored head bands it will be with a new mold because the current neca TMNTs are specifically modeled after the comics not the cartoon.

If they made colored ones it would be cool to see something similar to these.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Urahara7/TMNT-Raphael01.jpg

nevermore
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
If they make make turtles will colored head bands it will be with a new mold because the current neca TMNTs are specifically modeled after the comics not the cartoon.

If they made colored ones it would be cool to see something similar to these.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/Urahara7/TMNT-Raphael01.jpg

Cool figure! Who made those? I've never seen one like that before.

VaughnMichael
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Cool figure! Who made those? I've never seen one like that before.
Who ever the person is ha been selling them on ebay a couple times now.
Can't really say I'd be turtles besides ones that are sculpted to look like something we've seen already at this point (old toon, archie, movie, other mirage artists).