PDA

View Full Version : Broken Timelines - A journey through Time and Space.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Broken Timelines
A journey through Time and Space

So, it has been quite a while since I posted up an RP thread. I hope for it to be more successful than my past attempts, but I see that the RPG board is not what it used to be after reading through older threads I participated as far back as early last year. Boy do I miss that. I really hope to get back to that someday.

OH RIGHT THE STORYLINE FOR THIS RP. Yeah, I forgot about that:

It was a pretty normal day...well as normal as a day could get for a mutant shark living alone in an underwater base. Until *THUNK* Susie came across...or rather crashed into a device reminiscent of H.G. Wells' 'The Time Machine.' Rather the just leave it where it was, Susie hauled it up to the portion of her home that wasn't submerged underwater so she could study it further. Just what was this thing? And what did it do?

While probing through the interior of the machine, Susie accidentally hit a switch causing some sort of hologram to go off. An old man dressed in Victorian-style clothing appeared before her eyes.

"Greetings, fellow traveler. If you are seeing this, I am probably in the future, or the past, or...I have passed on. You can never tell as paradoxes are always possible. The device you have in your possession is a time machine of my own invention, and as insane as it sounds...it is or was once functional. My suggestion to you would be to discard it as soon as possible, but for the more curious you are welcome to see how my machine works. However...knowledge comes at a price." he said to her. The image of the old man flickered off soon afterward.

Soon, Susie picked up a communicator that had been given to her by Donatello and quickly invited her most trusted friends to her base. She was conflicting with herself at that point. Would she throw caution to the wind and ignore the old man's warning? Or would she throw away a scientific marvel?

Well...it always helped to ask a few friends on what they thought about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, now THAT'S out of the way, onto the rules! My (least) favorite part!

1. Try to be nice to other players. However, we're all friends here so I don't expect anything particularly nasty to go down.

2. This RP is definitely going to be PG-13 at the most. Violence and sex will be there, however not in extremely graphic detail. We don't need to know every single detail and we don't want to.

3. Please try and use appropriate grammar and spelling. No chatspeak whatsoever or I'll boot you so hard you'll fall off the internet.

4. I would like this RP to move at a slower pace than usual since I am interested in telling a story here. Not necessarily at crippled tortoise pace, but slow enough for others to keep up and join in if they are interested.

5. Fan characters are allowed. Heck, the person who found the dang time machine is a fan character of mine. I would like to limit the number of fan characters though, perhaps two per person. And I won't really allow fan characters to join while the group is busy traveling through time and space unless they are from that certain time period or wherever.

In other cases, fan characters will know the turtles and other fan characters beforehand because I'm very VERY lazy.

6. Have fun OR ELSE.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Canon Characters:

Leonardo: Jester
Raphael: Kyo
Donatello: Aelia
Michelangelo: Iron Man
Splinter: Jade Green
April O'Neal:
Casey Jones: Raphael_
Verminator X: Jester
Armaggon: Jester

Usagi: Kyo

Fan Characters:

Susanne L. Holt: Aelia
Kamejou: Aelia
Graysight: Jade Green
Persephone: Jade Green
Zelda: Iron Man
Sora: Kyo
Mena: Kyo
Victor Wright: Iron Man
Ayame: Aelia

Jade Green
05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Me! me! This sounds SO awesome!

Okay, okay... uhm.. uh... I want to play... Splinter and uh... uh.. My fan character Persephone and... and... Graysight!

Aelia
05-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Excellent! Let me add you to the list.

It's been awhile hasn't it?

Jade Green
05-31-2008, 06:39 PM
yes, yes it has

Toonami Tom
05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Sounds cool, I'm glad you posted this. I would like to join as Mikey and my fan character Zelda.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
You're in! :3

Toonami Tom
05-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks.:)

In this RPG, my fan character Zelda will have been a resident of this world for a few months now. So she will understand everything, as opposed to the 'TMNT/Spider-Man' RPG where everything is new to her because she had just arrived. In fact, in this RPG Zelda will have a job and her own apartment.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Alright then. ^_^

Magdolin
05-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll join in as Raph, And my fan characters Sora and Mena.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Alright then, consider yourself in. Now we really need Leonardo and possibly April and Casey.

Jester
05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Can I be time villians Verminator X and Armaggon?

(I can also be Leo, if you need me to. I can try to give this whole RPG thing a go, especially since it's about time travel.)

Aelia
05-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Of course. I'll also add you on as Leo as well as the characters you requested, but if you don't want to play as him that is understandable.

Great to have you on board.

Magdolin
05-31-2008, 09:02 PM
All that's left is Casey and April.:D Yay.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, while we are waiting. Any particular time period, planet (well it is time AND space), or event you guys would like to go to?

Toonami Tom
05-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I think Feudal Japan would be cool. As for a planet, how about Mars? I also think going to a temple in the jungle where there are artifacts (Indiana Jones type of adventure) would be neat.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
All great ideas. I was thinking about going to France during the French Revolution, but that may or may not be stretching it a bit too far. At any rate, I'd like to add in some actual historical events as well as other things.

Feudal Japan may be good as well since I do have some knowledge of it.

Toonami Tom
05-31-2008, 11:00 PM
oh ok, cool. France would be great.

Aelia
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
We're probably going to visit alot of places, which would add alot of length to this RP. So the other places you suggested are also more than welcome, although I don't know about the 'Indiana Jones' part seeing as how I don't want anything to detract from the actual storyline.

Toonami Tom
05-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh ok. Maybe just a jungle then?

Another idea I have is to visit the time and place of the 300 movie with the Spartans.

Jade Green
06-01-2008, 10:00 AM
You would need to go to New York about 20 years in the future as well so that Persephone can join in.

Magdolin
06-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I would like Feudal Japan, an hmm...let's see...well, I'm still thinking about where Mena should be.

Aelia
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I was thinking of traveling to NYC in the future as well, but I'm not entirely sure how to approach it. There could be a sort of time paradox where everyone meets their future selves as well as characters like Persephone, but that's just an idea.

Raphael_
06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd like to play Casey Jones as a kind of background role.

Aelia
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Consider yourself in :)

Magdolin
06-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Um, could I get a little help maybe? I want Mena to be in the past, but I'm nto really sure where in the past i want to be. Just thought maybe I could get some ideas.

Aelia
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
That would depend on where Mena is from and all that jazz. I was thinking 1920's NYC, but that's just an excuse to make all the guys wear zoot suits.

Magdolin
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Mmm....Well, Mena's an elf, and can use magic. Hmm...I'll think of something...

Oh! By the way here are my characters profiles.

Name: Sora
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: "5'9'
Weight: 114 lbs
Species: Human
Alignment: Good
Demeanor: Hyper, respectful, energetic, joyful, fun loving, kind, and careing.
Weapons: A sword.

Name: Mena
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height:
Weight: 110
Species: Elf
Alignment: Good
Description: Mena wears a purlpe wizards hat, that has stars and crescent moons on it, A purple dress with a white apron, and purple shoes, with white socks.

Jade Green
06-02-2008, 04:17 PM
not their futur selves, no. Just Persephone.

Maybe SHE could be brought to them somehow? She won't create a paradox because there's no way for them to know who she is and she's smart enough not to reveal important details about the future.

Raphael_
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Kyo: You mind if I start with Casey having Raph over at his place watching TV?

Magdolin
06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Alright! Sounds good!

Raph stared at the TV, almost asleep. "Is there anything else on that's better den dis?" He asked Casey as he move his hand to keep it from going numb.

Aelia
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Jade Green: Alrighty then.

Kyo: Hmm...I really don't know about that. I wasn't really taking into consideration beings capable of using magic. I'd think that the early middle ages would be okay, but that depends on your input. ^^'

Raphael_
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
"Hey, the fights are on!" Casey said with an excited smile. "And I think the pizza's done. Why don'cha grab it outta the oven?" he said as he went to the fridge and grabbed a pair of longnecks. "I can't wait to see the Crippler get his ass kicked."

Jester
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Meanwhile stranded in a time space limbo, Verminator X and Armaggon squabble.
"You mammalian fool! If it weren't for you we would never have been lost in the vastness of space-time!"
"Me!" exclaimed the mutant cat/cyborg. "It was your fool plan that got us into this. Now we may never get out of here!"
"Only time will tell my felonious feline friend."
"Must you use so much alliteration?"
"We're stranded in space-time, I have to do something to occupy myself."

Toonami Tom
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
((I would like to add another fan character named Victor Wright.))

Mikey sat on the couch, watching the yo-yo that was tied to his finger. "So is Raph spending the night over at Casey's?" He asked aloud, wondering if anyone knew.

Zelda was at her apartment watching tv. While flipping through channels, she found wrestling. The young woman smiled and said to herself "I bet Raph is watching this." She then continued channel surfing.

Magdolin
06-03-2008, 04:12 AM
(Thankies Aeila. that'll do just fine. Oh! Uh, if it's not too much trouble, I would like to play Usagi.)

"Alright. I'll get da pizza." Raph stood, and went to the kitchen. He walked over to the oven, and pulled out the pizza. He then set it on the table to cool. "Alright, da pizza's done!" He said as he sat back on the couch.

Jade Green
06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
(how old are the tmnt?)

Graysight sat lotus style in the Turtle's Lair Dojo, watching Master Splinter go through the slow movements of Tai Chi. The old rodent truly was a master of more than one form of martial arts. The female turtle wasn't there for a lesson, though her old friend had offered to take her on as a student on more than one occasions; (she, however, had politely declined for reasons that she never put to voice though he understood them).

No, today, she was simply hanging out. Graysight, i.e. Randi, had nothing better to do and of the Hamato family, it was Master Splinter she felt closest to rather than any of the others. She had nothing against his sons, but she didn't feel like she was really a part of them. Randi was the odd turtle out.

Besides, it wasn't like the other guys were doing anything too special... at least nothing that she could do or was invited to. Raphael was off at his human friend Casey's house to watch some match, and Mikey was fiddling with one of those Yo-yo's, (she could never figure those things out), and who knew what Don and Leo were up to.

Knowing Donatello he was probabl locked up in his lab, she had yet to see him and Leonardo? Well, meditating or training maybe, or perhaps he was doing something 'leader-wise' elsewhere.

"So is Raph spending the night over at Casey's?"

She didn't answer, but only because she did not know, and master splinter was too deep in his practice/meditation to hear.

Jester
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Leonardo peaked into the dojo. No matter how often he'd seen the old rat go through the motions of Tai Chi it still amazed him. But Leo wasn't there to watch his master train as he had so many times in the past, he was here to see Randi. He wasn't sure exactly why, he just got this feeling that he should try to set her at ease, something she never seemed to be when she visited the lair.

"Hey," Leo said, his voice barely a whisper, "busy?"

Jade Green
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
"Hey," Leo said, his voice barely a whisper, "busy?"

The psychic she-turtle eyed him with an unsure, almost suspicious look through her uniquely bi-colored eyes. Not many had one eye a deathly-pale blue, and the other a blood red. ~It depends,~ her voice rang through his mind so as not to interrupt Splinter, ~On your deffinition of 'busy'.~

No, she had not read his mind, out of respect and her own sanity, she had set up a telepathic all. Only the 'loudest' of thoughts got trhough. ~Why?~

Jester
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
~Nothing really,~ Leo was unaccustomed to trying to "speak" this way, and it made his head hurt a little, ~Just, you know, thought I'd see what you were up to...you know.~

Leonardo had never felt this awkward before. He had very little real experience with the fairer sex, only April, and she was human. He wasn't sure really how to act. He just felt that, as an extension of his leadership role, he had to try and make Randi feel more at home with other like her.

Jade Green
06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
The response only tempted her to delve into Leonardo's mind to see what he was really up to; but she resisted and turned to watched Splinter a moment longer before standing up and bowing to him. "Shitsurei shimasu, Nazumi-San."

"Hai."

She then headed towards Leonardo, wishing she hadn't left her shades on the coffee table in the living room. It was harder to hide her expression with out them. When she was in recent earshot, she spoke. "I'm not really 'up to' anything, really. Why, what'd you have in mind?"

Jester
06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
"Nothing much. Mikey just brought some movie home, thought we could all have a movie night. Nothing major."

Leo gave a glance to Mikey, giving him a kinda, "Help me out here, bro." look. Hopefully Michelangelo's laid back persona could help alleviate his odd timidity.

Jade Green
06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Randi shook her head, "The sad part is, I don't have to be a psychic to see what's going through your mind right now." She looked to Mikey and then to him. "As long as it's not some stupid all action 'Ah'll be back' kinda deal, then fine, I'm in."

Aelia
06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
(Ack! I'm behind on my own RP. As much as I love my grandparents, I wish they'd let me keep some time to myself when they visit.

Jade: In this RP, I'd say in their late teens.)

There just wasn't much to do after training, especially when you lived with an elderly woman such as Ayame. As much as Kamejou loved her, they rarely ever agreed on something fun to do aside from art. There was always television, but there was nothing on that caught her interest. Perhaps she'd find better luck going outside or visiting some friends.

"Sensei, it is alright if I could go visit the guys?" she asked pleadingly.

"You may. Just be careful that no one-" "Sees me on the way there. Yes, I know." Kamejou completed, oblivious to the fact that what she had done would be considered rude. Happily, she gathered her disguise and headed out via the fire escape just outside of her room.

Ayame closed her eyes and sighed. She had to remind herself that Kamejou was still young.
-------------------------------------------------------

Donatello was indeed busy in his lab. Mikey had rented a movie and Randi was here as well, but he had no interest in watching the movie with them. It was probably an action movie anyway. A ringing noise resounded throughout the lab, it was his communicator. "Now of all times?" Don said whispered to himself.
------------------------------------------------------

"C'mon Donatello, pick up." Susie grumbled as she paced around nervously in circles. It was rare that she had any incentive to try and communicate with someone outside of the sunken lab in which she lived. Even when she was human, intellectual equals were hard to come by. She never thought she would have found one in a mutant turtle of all people.

Jester
06-04-2008, 08:16 PM
"This is totally unbearable!," Armaggon bellowed. "I can't take it anymore! We must get out of here to enact our revenge!!!"

Jester
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Leonardo plopped down on the couch next to his younger brother.
"Mikey, bro, what'd you bring for us to watch tonight, huh?"
Leonardo began frantically shuffling through the titles, looking for one that didn't reek of testosterone, to no avail. All high action/ low plot fare. Leo's heart sank. He had no "Plan B" He usually had a "Plan B." Or was that Donnie.
Donnie, that's it! Leo thought. If he couldn't think of a way to help break the ice and help Randi feel at home, Donatello certainly would. Besides, it wasn't good to stay cooped up in that musty old workshop of his all day long. Leonardo decided that it was time for Don to take a break.
Leo rapped on Donatello's workshop door,
"Donnie, hey bro, you busy?"

Jade Green
06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Michaelangelo either had no answer, or Leonardo was just a little too impatient to wait for a response. The katana wielding turtle had crossed the large room in a matter of seconds and began to fumble through a collection of DVDs only to then, right before Randi's eyes, hurry across to the other side of the room to knock on Donatello's door. So, should she take that to mean all they had were action movies?

Should she say something? All she meant was she didn't like the Rambo/terminator stuff... And now he was going to bother Donatello about all of this, it was too much trouble. "Yeah, I think it's time to go home, See you." She walked towards the door grabbing her effects on the way.

Jester
06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Leonardo stopped his knocking, Donny wasn't answering anyway. Leo felt defeated, a feeling he absolutely hated. But he wasn't going to push the issue. He turned to Randi and said, "Um, ok. See ya soon." he then began the process of kicking his own shell.

Jade Green
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
"Uh-huh..." Randi replied, reaching the door.

"Yumiko." The voice was stern, but strangely soft. She stopped and looked over her shoulder to see Master Splinter standing just outside the entrance of the dojo, his cane in hand. The look on his face was unreadable. The two stared at each other for a moment and then, almost obediently, Randi walked over to the couch and looked down at the pile of movies.

"There's aughta be something here to watch." She muttered, and then picked up the DVD entitled 'Aliens'. "Never seen this one..."

Jester
06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
"It's great...you don't know what you've been missing, right Mikey?"

Toonami Tom
06-07-2008, 09:34 AM
((I'm here. I just had some college to catch up on.))

Mikey had actually drifted to sleep a moment ago. The yo-yo had completely unwound and rolled across the floor. Suddenly with a snort, his eyes opened and he raised up. "Huh? What's going on, bro?" Then he saw the dvd Randi was holding. "Oh cool, so we're going to watch Aliens right? That's a good one. So.... how are you doin' tonight, Randi?"

Jade Green
06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
"...I think I like it better when Kamejou's here..." Randi sat down and handed the movie to Mike, "That way the attentions on her, rather than me."

Aelia
06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
(Oh boy, do I have an apology to give. I've been really busy with spending time with my family and stuff like that. That and I was in bed with a really bad fever for three days. In that sense, I completely forgot about the commitments I made here. I realize that you guys have heard this same apology too many times and for that the only thing I can do is apologize again. Real life problems can really be a bitch sometimes.)

Kamejou finally arrived at the lair, her smile hidden under a layer of clothes. "Hey guys, what's going on?" she asked happily.

Jade Green
06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
(its okay, glad to have you back)

Randi looked up to the ceiling pretending to hide her relief that another female had graced the lair with her presence. "We're going to watch Alien, unless you've got a better idea."

Jester
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Leo couldn't help but notice Randi looking toward the ceiling of the lair. He wonder what that was about, but only for a second.

"Should I get Donnie, I mean he's he's been cooped up in his lab all day, he could use a break. Besides, he loves this flick."

Toonami Tom
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Mikey put in the dvd and then sat on the couch. He held the remote, watching the dvd menu. "Hey Kamejou! Good to see you, dudeette." The orange maked turtle then looked over at Leo and said "Yeah, get Donnie."

Jester
06-20-2008, 05:00 PM
"Ok. Man, Raph and Casey don't know what they are missing."

Leonardo strode across the room to Donatello's lab. He knocked on the door again.

"Donnie, bro, we're about to put in Alien, wanna join us?"

Jade Green
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
(i'm still here! was waiting for 'Don' to reply, but I don't think that'll happen.)

She sighed and rubbed her cheek, "So... Kamejou... what's up?"

Splinter shook his head, chuckling at the group and went back to his personal training.

Jester
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
(So, are we at an impass, or is this gonna keep going?)

Jade Green
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
(i hope it continues)

Jester
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
(Looks like we're the only 3 who seem to give 2 rips about it...:()