PDA

View Full Version : The Worst TMNT of them all

Guitar_Raph
06-18-2008, 02:24 PM
In this forum, people have razzed between Next Mutation & the Fast Forward.

I won't vote on this poll.

Scandia
06-18-2008, 02:30 PM
I will go with "The Next Mutation". Simply because the whole concept of Venus De Milo totally goes against the TMNT canon.

I liked Fast Forward.

And at least "Coming out of their shells" is nostalgic. I know it is campy and cheesy- but when it came out, I was like 12 or 13 or 14 at most and would have done anything to go see the Ninja Turtles live in concert.

And the movies were cool- although they are my least favorite of the 5 main universes.

Spitfire
06-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Coming Out Of Their Shells is single handily the worst thing ever to happen in the entire lifespan of turtles. Not only is it embarrassing, and thank god almost no one remembers it, but it was horrid. The songs were all poorly done and the turtles all acted and talked like retarded surfers. The costumes were terrible as well. They looked like they fell into a black hole with a rainbow in it. The stars on the eyes and the glitter ugh.

When I was a kid I had the tape for it. I listened to it once and never again. I also had a VHS with the making of on it and after seeing that I never wanted to watch the show itself. As a kid I pretty much breathed turtles so for me to know it sucked back then was something. I knew Next Mutation sucked when it came out though as well. I watched a few episodes and never watched it again.

Jester
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
COoOS is awful sure, but what about the 2 anime inspired episodes of TMNT from Japan...:P

CyberCubed
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Coming out of their Shells followed by a good chunk of Next Mutation.

Fast Forward doesn't deserve to be put in the same category as those two.

Jester
06-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree >> is nowhere near as bad as NT:TNM or COoOS.

Drtooth
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Does the Christmas thing fall into the Coming Out of their Shells thing, or is it sepperate.

Anyway, I put other. That Christmas thing with the five Yo Yo's... shudder. Even just reading about it makes my blood curl.

May I add that the OVA's are pretty good if you consider them parodies? Not quite as satirical as Bo-Bobo when it comes to anime, but it sort of fits with the goofiness of some episodes of the OT.

EDIT: Hey! What about kiddy Easy Reader books? Those were terrible.

Buslady
06-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll take Next Mutation over COOTS anyday.

VaughnMichael
06-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Coming Out Of Their Shells is single handily the worst thing ever to happen in the entire lifespan of turtles. Not only is it embarrassing, and thank god almost no one remembers it, but it was horrid. The songs were all poorly done and the turtles all acted and talked like retarded surfers. The costumes were terrible as well. They looked like they fell into a black hole with a rainbow in it. The stars on the eyes and the glitter ugh.
Thanks now I don't have to say how I feel lol:lol:
& I agree with the other Fast Forward isn't this bad, allot of people just don't like it because it was a change and people like what they know.

Mr._Mutant_Man
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Coming Out of Their Shells.

I don't like the idea of a female turtle being added for the sake of being politically correct or whatever the reason was, but that concert was really bad. I mean, hardcore fans of the Mirage comics may not like the old cartoon, but the 80's cartoon never got nearly as bad as that concert. I don't think I even liked it when I was a kid.

GK Punk
06-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I accidently voted for TNM, but meant to vote for Coming out of their shells. Im going to see if I can fix that, but yeah CootS for the lose.

thebrownranger
06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I didn't vote on this one. I'm not too sure and I think there should be more choices.

odupianist
06-19-2008, 08:09 AM
The music for COotS was pretty good I thought. Costumes weren't lol

Tinuvielsdreams
06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I have to say coming out of their shells. I am embarrassed to say when I was like 5 I think I wore that cassette and video out. My poor parents...lol
I think Coming out of their shells and Next mutation are just a category all their own, FF really doesn't belong up there

TheUltimateShredhead
06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Im not known clearly with all the tmtn universes, but i voted for "Any of the movies". That TMNT 3 was a bad movie.

CudleyCowlick
06-19-2008, 10:34 AM
C'mon - FF doesn't even belong here! To those who dislike it say POOP ON YOU! :lol:

I gotta admit that I liked COotS when it came out but hey I was just a lil' nose picker. I tracked down the VHS tapes last year because I was feeling nostalgic about it, and it was all I could do to force myself to watch it once. I actually did skip right through some sections.

It truly is a horrible, horrible, horrible atrocity. If I had one of those denim vests though... I would wear it proudly (if a little bit ironically)

Ninjinister
06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
You know what the worst would be? Non-existence.

Tinuvielsdreams
06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
*gasp*
Don't even say that... :P

NameGoesHere1066
06-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I guess I'll be the hated one and say Fast Forward **puts on bullet proof vest, and poop deflecting hat**

To be honest it wasn't the story lines or new characters or even the new animation style that turned me off, it was the over simplification of the turtles. People may defend them by saying that they are in new surroundings so they are going hog wild but to me they wheren't acting in character and where acting well...like Mikey :dead: It's like they each reverted back to being twelve year olds. I may get flamed for this but, well it's how I feel about it.

Kendamu
06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
There was some kinda weird Korean bootleg Turtle movie once. It was so bad that it made all the stuff in the poll option look good.

So, I chose "other."

StealthNinjaScyther
06-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of FF, but it doesn't deserve to be on that list. Sure, it was a step back from 2k3, but it was never truly awful. I would put some of the worst episodes of the original toon on this list before FF.

tone-master21
06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I also voted for Coming Out Of Their Shells.

Drtooth
06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree with the other Fast Forward isn't this bad, allot of people just don't like it because it was a change and people like what they know.

As I keep saying, it wasn't bad... it just didn't have any direction until right before it was canned. If they found their voice sooner, the show would have been a lot better. But I agree... doesn't belong on the list, unless you hate 2K3 anyway.

CootS seems pretty awful... though I do like the song Pizza Power. I did want the concert cassette when I was younger, but never got it for some reason, and I just didn't care after that.

But does anyone remember the Easy Reader book where some crooks rob a pizza joint, and one of the turtles says:

He did not take a number.
He did not wait.

That was a punchline for me and my cousin for years to come.

I also kind of want to mention the Random House Cassette tape versions of the Archie Comics.... just for the terrible voice acting.

VaughnMichael
06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I guess I'll be the hated one and say Fast Forward **puts on bullet proof vest, and poop deflecting hat**

To be honest it wasn't the story lines or new characters or even the new animation style that turned me off, it was the over simplification of the turtles. People may defend them by saying that they are in new surroundings so they are going hog wild but to me they wheren't acting in character and where acting well...like Mikey :dead: It's like they each reverted back to being twelve year olds. I may get flamed for this but, well it's how I feel about it.
Or *Gasp* Teenagers...you did watch the entire series right?
Because the people who usually make these comments only watched a few episodes.
The FF series seriously got better at the mid point.
I really wish people wouldn't give up on things so easily and just let them run their course.
Btw you're not alone until recently just about everyone on this site besides myself and spitfire saw the next chapter of the show for exactly was it was a fun break from all the doom and gloom of the turtles horrible lives every time we saw them.
But hell even as FF went on the guys couldn't even catch a break.

CudleyCowlick
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
There was some kinda weird Korean bootleg Turtle movie once. It was so bad that it made all the stuff in the poll option look good.

So, I chose "other."

?!?!?!?! I NEED MORE INFORMATION! It might suck but that's all the more reason to toss back some Wild Turkey 101, invite some friends over, and laugh my butt off. Tracking this down just became my mission objective!

gobo
06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
My vote goes to The Next Mutation because, not only is it horribly annoying, but there's just so much of it. >_<

blue_angel99
06-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I voted for Out Of Their Shells even though I thought the video was cool in JR high. I also have the music from the concert on my PC and listen to it ocassionally.:P

When I tried watching clips online, I cringed and gagged. Seeing the turtle shaking their pelvis like Elvis was just creepy. :dead:

Fugitoid Jones
06-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I voted The Next Mutation, but then immediately remembered how bad Coming Out of Our Shells was, and regretted my vote. TNM was pretty damn bad though.

And I liked the Easy Reader books when I was a kid! They were the only way to get me to read when I was a tyke.

oldmanwinters
06-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Does the Christmas thing fall into the Coming Out of their Shells thing, or is it sepperate.

Anyway, I put other. That Christmas thing with the five Yo Yo's... shudder. Even just reading about it makes my blood curl.

May I add that the OVA's are pretty good if you consider them parodies? Not quite as satirical as Bo-Bobo when it comes to anime, but it sort of fits with the goofiness of some episodes of the OT.

EDIT: Hey! What about kiddy Easy Reader books? Those were terrible.

Yeah, the live action Christmas video should have had its own category.

Drtooth
06-25-2008, 06:11 PM
And I liked the Easy Reader books when I was a kid! They were the only way to get me to read when I was a tyke.

Well, the art work was good... and they taught you to make pizza bagels (as if putting sauce and cheese on a flat, precooked bread surface wasn't abundantly clear).

Though this shows how Old I am... the Sesame Street and Muppet Babies books got me to read. I was about 8 when I first saw a TMNT kid's book.

Canadian Turtle
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I have never watched FF, but know I HATE it from the trailers on the dvds of the OT.

I don't see what the big deal is about the coming out of their shells tour. I know the costumes sucked butt, and the music wasn't for everyone but I don't know, I freakin loved that tape when I was 5... and I will even say out loud that I have it on my iPod along side my heavy metal and other tunes. I love COOTS more because of how freakin wacky and bad it was, it was just one of those moments in pop culture that were so bad they were great!!

SassyGal
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM

lol! It was like Jem for boys, only boys did not want that! :P

I voted for TNM...it was just too horrible....at least you can laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of Coming Out Of Our Shells :)

NameGoesHere1066
06-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Or *Gasp* Teenagers...you did watch the entire series right?
Because the people who usually make these comments only watched a few episodes.
The FF series seriously got better at the mid point.
I really wish people wouldn't give up on things so easily and just let them run their course.
Btw you're not alone until recently just about everyone on this site besides myself and spitfire saw the next chapter of the show for exactly was it was a fun break from all the doom and gloom of the turtles horrible lives every time we saw them.
But hell even as FF went on the guys couldn't even catch a break.

did you only skim over what I wrote? I thought the story lines and new characters where fine but I didn't like how the turtles acted in FF. Yeah there're teenagers but they where acting like elementary school kids and where wicked rude and destructive to Serling. And yes I saw more than just the first three episodes of FF.

VaughnMichael
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
did you only skim over what I wrote? I thought the story lines and new characters where fine but I didn't like how the turtles acted in FF. Yeah there're teenagers but they where acting like elementary school kids and where wicked rude and destructive to Serling. And yes I saw more than just the first three episodes of FF.
I'm no longer allowed to talk about this because every time I do I make Gobo and other members cringe.
Thank you and have a nice day!
This message brought to you by your alien masters, Obey! Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

Spitfire
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm no longer allowed to talk about this because every time I do I make Gobo and other members cringe.
Thank you and have a nice day!
This message brought to you by your alien masters, Obey! Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

Never! Your here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and your all out of bubble gum.

Make them put on the glasses.

VaughnMichael
06-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Never! Your here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and your all out of bubble gum.

Make them put on the glasses.
"NO! Man You're Crazy! I Don't Wanna See What You're Seein' I'm Happy With My Life! Come On I've Got A Wife And Kids To Think About!":lol:

Spitfire
06-26-2008, 07:57 PM
"Life's a bitch, and she's in heat!"

shuriken
06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Coots FTL. I am really annoyed just thinking about it. I have the making of and man...I just can't explain what a travesty that was,even trying to watch it. FF isn't that bad, but yeah in many eps the TMNT do act like 12 yr old jerks. As for Next Mutation I liked it when it came out, even though I knew it was crap(especially after Shredder was so easily owned by effin Venus).

Mr._Mutant_Man
06-26-2008, 08:25 PM
"NO! Man You're Crazy! I Don't Wanna See What You're Seein' I'm Happy With My Life! Come On I've Got A Wife And Kids To Think About!":lol:

Put on the glasses!

Ava Collier
06-26-2008, 08:32 PM

I voted for TNM...it was just too horrible....at least you can laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of Coming Out Of Our Shells :)

Jem? That's truly outrageous!

I don't remember much about COOTS (cutest abbreviation ever hehe COOTS!) OR TNM. The trauma must have wiped the majority of it from my fragile (if warped) mind, but I will say THIS:

For COOTS, Leo did not flat out deny the boys being brothers just so he could get under Venus' shell. I vote TNM, and I'll just wish you a turtle christmas. Goodnight.

Sage Ninja
06-26-2008, 11:05 PM
LOL! Putrescent, Spitfire666xXxXx, this is how you scare away newbies! :lol:

Guitar_Raph
06-27-2008, 04:18 AM
When I tried watching clips online, I cringed and gagged. Seeing the Turtles shaking their pelvis like Elvis was just creepy. :dead:

Guessed when the concert was over, the PA announcer said, "Boys & girls, the Turtles have left the building. Thank you very much."

Shredder & the Foot Warriors should've been The Misfits (LOL)!

Drtooth
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
My vote goes to The Next Mutation because, not only is it horribly annoying, but there's just so much of it. >_<

Personally, I want to hate it because of all the untapped potential the idea had. If they ONLY used April in season one! They would have had their mandated positive female role model in a boy slanted kid's show, and not had to rely on 5 turtles.

You wouldn't want 4 Stooges at once.

Mr._Mutant_Man
06-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Personally, I want to hate it because of all the untapped potential the idea had. If they ONLY used April in season one! They would have had their mandated positive female role model in a boy slanted kid's show, and not had to rely on 5 turtles.

You wouldn't want 4 Stooges at once.

April in Next Mutation would have been great. They should have borrowed the idea from Archie comics that April could train with the turtles and help them fight. That way they could have used an established character instead of making one that kind of ended up being the Cousin Oliver of Ninja Turtles.

Jack Skellington
06-28-2008, 01:18 PM
it was hard to choose from FF or COOTS

Drtooth
06-30-2008, 11:20 AM
April in Next Mutation would have been great. They should have borrowed the idea from Archie comics that April could train with the turtles and help them fight. That way they could have used an established character instead of making one that kind of ended up being the Cousin Oliver of Ninja Turtles.

It was poor planning to have April as a season 2 character, instead of putting her as soon as possible where she belonged. Adding a female turtle that had no personality at all just made the show sink into crap. I liked everything up till she was introduced in that show. It's just ruined potential.

TMNT-Leonardo
07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
One good thing came out of Coming out their Shells, the Pizza Power song lol.

Drtooth
07-26-2008, 10:48 AM
One good thing came out of Coming out their Shells, the Pizza Power song lol.

Out of all of the songs, that was the only good one, as far as I'm concerned.

I do note Shredder's number "I hate music." You can tell he does, since whatever the hell he was doing could be called anything but music.

Jester
07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Out of all of the songs, that was the only good one, as far as I'm concerned.

I do note Shredder's number "I hate music." You can tell he does, since whatever the hell he was doing could be called anything but music.
I dunna, I liked Cowabunga as well.

Evenstar227
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
My vote for horriblest TMNT creation is Next Mutation. I can't watch it without cringing. The costumes made them look like turtle thugs, and Splinter was cheesy (no pun intended). Also did not care for Venus. I suppose if it didn't smack so much of the Power Rangers it might have been ok.

It's been ages since I've watched Coming Out of Our Shells, so I may also cringe when watching that, but one thing I've loved over the years is the songs. I will still break out in song when the occasion arises, such as eating leftover pizza: "always better the next day!", or when advising a friend or younger sib: "follow your heart". Ya know what, I think I'm gonna pop that in the VCR tonight. ^_^

KROW
07-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I chose "Other." And when I mean other, I mean those freaky live-action commercials with the scary turtles faces. Bad idea.

Time Mistress
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
FF was okay and I like the music for Coming Out of Their Shells. Venus was a bad idea for the way she just didn't mesh personality wise with the fab four, most notably at the expense of poor Leo.

SHREDDER-X
08-18-2008, 09:30 PM
This was a hard choice for me. The " Red Sky-Lord Dregg " episodes were horrible, The Next Mutation ; Garbage, Fast Forward; Wack, Movie 3; B-S, and TMNT; Pathetic. But I can tolerate them all over the Count on us Tour.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-19-2008, 05:39 AM
The "Comin out of Their Shells" tour shall not be counted, since it's just a concert tour.

superturtle
08-21-2008, 11:45 AM
fast forward is the worst