PDA

View Full Version : What do you people think about Burne's Blues?

khelben1979
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
What do you people think about Burne's Blues?

Sage Ninja
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I can barely recall what happened in this episode. Maybe if you want to discuss it you should give your own thoughts on it to refresh our memories on what exactly happened in said episode. :|

khelben1979
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
There was a repetetive thing about using feathers on the 2 reporters from Channel six.

In my opinion this wasn't one of my favourite episodes, although still a bit funny.

gobo
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
That was one of the episodes that made me ashamed to be a fan of the show back then. The Elvis-impersonating aliens infuriated me. I don't mind having jokes thrown in any episode, as long as the plot can hold its own without them. That's why I couldn't stand when April or anyone else would 'unplug' the villain. :roll:

Deathknight
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I like that episode, has a number of funny moments in it. Though the Elvis aliens were really dumb. That was probably the only part of the episode that I really didn't like.

NameGoesHere1066
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
has any one ever notice the amount of foot tickling there is in the old toon? Da-yam! It's like the writers had a foot fetish.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-10-2008, 02:43 PM
It was a fun episode.

Cipher
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I liked the Vernon and Burne interaction, but I don't remember it holding up all that well as an episode.

My favorite comedy episode will always be "Leonardo Lightens Up." Leonardo's complete dickery, Splinter's scateboarding contest, and the campy villain made for a great episode.

Also, what do you mean "you people"?

gobo
09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Also, what do you mean "you people"?
What do you mean, "you people"? O_o

VaughnMichael
09-10-2008, 04:42 PM
What do you mean, "you people"? O_o
& What do you mean, "you people"?

09-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I like that episode, has a number of funny moments in it. Though the Elvis aliens were really dumb. That was probably the only part of the episode that I really didn't like.

Maybe the people on the planet those aliens were from managed to check out Earth radio and television stations to learn about Elvis Presley, and liked it. :)

gobo
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
& What do you mean, "you people"?
Same thing you people mean by "you people". ^_^

09-21-2008, 06:00 AM
The Earth is visited by aliens from another planet - a typical season 3 theme.

MrPliggins
09-21-2008, 06:55 AM
As a kid I did like this episode. The theme of foot tickling was amusing The Elvis aliens didn't embarrass me, but I must say the toon started to get goofier around this time. And yes, there were probably enough aliens episodes in that season to count on all of your fingers and toes..

I was always confused why Don Turtelli appeared first in this episode, and then his design changed for later episodes. WTF...?

TheUltimateShredhead
09-21-2008, 04:32 PM
has any one ever notice the amount of foot tickling there is in the old toon? Da-yam! It's like the writers had a foot fetish.

Gee, it wasn't that occurring! maybe in 3-4 eps throughout the series:ohwell:

09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
As a kid I did like this episode. The theme of foot tickling was amusing The Elvis aliens didn't embarrass me, but I must say the toon started to get goofier around this time. And yes, there were probably enough aliens episodes in that season to count on all of your fingers and toes..

I was always confused why Don Turtelli appeared first in this episode, and then his design changed for later episodes. WTF...?

And of course, most of the aliens were speaking English.

RAM BAM
09-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I found that part with Don Turtelli and his "associates" freakin' hilarious! Good lighthearted fun! The Turtelli metamorphasis confused me as well.

09-28-2008, 03:46 AM
I found that part with Don Turtelli and his "associates" freakin' hilarious! Good lighthearted fun! The Turtelli metamorphasis confused me as well.

Yes, that was fun.

ToTheNines
09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
They're two different characters. A Don is a head of a crime family, not just a first name. So the second one is most likely a son or younger relative.

For example
Don Corleone:
http://cache.reelzchannel.com/assets/content/article/Vito%20Corleone.jpg

Don Corleone:
http://dailystache.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/1000_3153_21471298_Michael_Corleone.jpg

09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
So people on other planets were watchning Earth television (to know how Elivs Prsley was). :)

Type 97 Chi-ha
09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
So people on other planets were watchning Earth television (to know how Elivs Prsley was). :)

Anyone ever seen the movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? ;) That featured an opening scene where Martian children (one of them played by Pia Zadora) watch Santa Claus being interviewed at the North Pole by a TV reporter.

As for the aliens looking like Elvis Presley, the whole episode was obviously meant to be increasingly silly as it went along-the "fiendish tickling" and everything.

09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone ever seen the movie Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? ;) That featured an opening scene where Martian children (one of them played by Pia Zadora) watch Santa Claus being interviewed at the North Pole by a TV reporter.

As for the aliens looking like Elvis Presley, the whole episode was obviously meant to be increasingly silly as it went along-the "fiendish tickling" and everything.

And they speak English on Mars in that film too?

Type 97 Chi-ha
09-05-2009, 11:42 AM
And they speak English on Mars in that film too?

That's right! :P

09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
That's right! :P

They shall at least have translation machines.

Tickle.April
12-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I need april pics where she has been carried captured tickled or tied up
thanks!

Lisardo
12-16-2016, 09:56 PM
thanks!

Come to think of it she was abused a lot in that episode! And she was carried around by several different people too, like she was a toy!

DestronMirage22
12-17-2016, 07:24 AM
thanks!

What do you need said pics for? "Research?" :lol:

Wesley
12-17-2016, 02:26 PM
I like this episode. It was interesting to see Burne go looking for information on the Turtles for once. He could've been used more. The scenes with him and Vernon were hilarious.

turtle1237
12-17-2016, 03:12 PM
What do you need said pics for? "Research?" :lol:

Well when April was being carry around by Bebop, they did have a good focus on her butt a few times.

Utrommaniac
12-17-2016, 04:48 PM
I have something to share with you. (https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Screenshot+tutorial)

Now you can get the pics yourself.

cammy85
12-18-2016, 04:14 PM
It's a fun episode. :) It was about time Burne did something besides bark orders in Channel 6 all the time. The Don Turtlelli bit was confusing as a kid but the Elvis aliens were funny. :) The whole S & K mystery in Act One wasn't really needed but they made up for it in Acts 2 and 3. Rocksteady sounded way off.

Icebot
12-18-2016, 05:05 PM
They never said what S&K actually stood for but I always guessed and assumed it was Shredder & Krang.

cammy85
12-19-2016, 10:14 AM
That was easy to figure out for the keen observer but still wasn't needed. I'm surprised it took them the whole act to piece it together but it seems the Turtles knew just before April discovered Bebop.

aprilbound
12-22-2020, 01:02 PM
I don't understand in this episode why Shredder didn't just finish off the turtles while he had them frozen? Plus why did he take April with him when they had stolen the neutrifreeze? He could have just left April bound and gagged with the guards while the turtles were frozen. Strange episode.:o

FredWolfLeonardo
12-22-2020, 01:06 PM
I don't understand in this episode why Shredder didn't just finish off the turtles while he had them frozen? Plus why did he take April with him when they had stolen the neutrifreeze? He could have just left April bound and gagged with the guards while the turtles were frozen. Strange episode.:o

He didn't finish off the turtles because censors, and isn't it so clear and obvious as to why he took April with him? :lol:

Powder
12-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Put your boner away. :roll:

cammy85
12-23-2020, 08:27 AM
Both plots were awesome, but I didn't think the buildup in the first act was necessary. Anyone knew with S&K meant. I know the syndicated run rarely deviated from Shredder ad Krang, but once act one was over, it was great.

It was high time Burne went out and did his own thing, and the results were hilarious even without Vernon. Especially the Elvis clones!! :lol: The writers were all over the place with Burne especially on Saturdays.

The plot involving Shredder was amazing as well even if they weren't in the limelight this time. The fight at the beginning against the punks was great and the final confrontation at the end was amazing too. One of the best episodes of the season and series!!

aprilbound
12-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Put your boner away. :roll:

Grow up, if you can't contribute go sit in the corner.

aprilbound
12-23-2020, 10:24 AM
He didn't finish off the turtles because censors, and isn't it so clear and obvious as to why he took April with him? :lol:

He would have probably got away with it if he left April behind, there wouldn't have been a need to chase him. They really dumbed Shredder down after season 1

aprilbound
12-23-2020, 10:24 AM
Both plots were awesome, but I didn't think the buildup in the first act was necessary. Anyone knew with S&K meant. I know the syndicated run rarely deviated from Shredder ad Krang, but once act one was over, it was great.

It was high time Burne went out and did his own thing, and the results were hilarious even without Vernon. Especially the Elvis clones!! :lol: The writers were all over the place with Burne especially on Saturdays.

The plot involving Shredder was amazing as well even if they weren't in the limelight this time. The fight at the beginning against the punks was great and the final confrontation at the end was amazing too. One of the best episodes of the season and series!!

It was a weird episode, Burne though cracking up at the end was funny.