PDA

View Full Version : who personiatly did you like better NT or OT Splinter?

turtlefan1
10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
does anyone remember the first episode of season three of the old toon when Spilnter lectures his students for not helping the city above that why i love old toon spinter a hurend times more than new toon spinter who would rather his sons not help a world that doesn't understand them so does anyone agree with me and which personialty/version of spinter did you like better?

Rooish
10-31-2008, 07:01 PM
If the world doesn't understand them and wouldn't accept them, I think it's pretty valid for the NT characters to resent helping it sometimes ... not that they do. They save the world all the time. All NT Splinter didn't want to happen was for his sons to get involved with Shredder.

That episode, the first of Season 3, actually really traumatized me as a kid and made me bitterly hate Splinter for a while. I was just a little kid and it seemed like Splinter was being really violent and abusive.

Jelly Bean
10-31-2008, 09:18 PM
From what I've seen I like 80's toon Splinter's orgin story better of him being Yoshi rather than a pet rat, who got framed by Shredder and thrown out of his clan, and then got mutated into a human rat hybrid. It's all very tragic. But given all that I feel that 80's Splinter doesn't act like some one whos been through all that. He just seems too ok about it. I would expect a bit more bitterness about his situation and rage at Shredder for what he's put him through. I saw one episode where Don was able to revease his mutation and he seemed happy about it, but he seemed to "well what ever" when it wore off. So as awsome as 80's Splinter is I gotta go with 4KIDs Splinter because he reacts more to crap that happen to him.

That episode, the first of Season 3, actually really traumatized me as a kid and made me bitterly hate Splinter for a while. I was just a little kid and it seemed like Splinter was being really violent and abusive

I didn't see any thing wrong with it. It was the closest he's come to acting like 4Kids Splinter in disipline. Besides that episode was awsome. If that episode made you hate 80's Splinter, than you must really hate the new Splinter woith thre way he whacks the turtles in the head all the time with his cane.

Masked Ninja
11-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm a bigger fan of NT Splinter, as he seems way more involved as a father. Also his dry sense of humor really, really makes me happy.

Wolf Ninja
11-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I like both, but I like the new Splinter more. Sure he's overprotective, but I can understand that. The OT one was more like a loner and kind of too easy-going at times (or maybe it's just me). In the new series he's more father-like than the old one. I'm not really sure why I like the NT Splinter more, but somehow he just seems better to me.

TheUltimateShredhead
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM
I recently watched that ep, splinter weren't that hars on'em. I remember nt splinter throwing a stick at mikey:P. Any way, i like ot splinter best.

Tomoshibi Amatsu
11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I have to agree with Jelly Bean... but OT splinter really lacks the charisma of NT splinter and to me that just makes OT splinter less likable.

NT splinter reminds me of live action movie splinter and I just think that's awesome.

Coola Yagami
11-01-2008, 09:51 PM
*tosses book at Mikey* MICHEALANGELO!!!

LOL

I'm still undecided between the two... but yeah.. Splinter seems too ok with being a rat. Weird considering the main goal for the turtles besides defeating Shredder was turning him back to normal in season 1, and the season 2 episode dealt with him missing being human...

CudleyCowlick
11-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Now, I grew up with the OT and I will ALWAYS love it and all of its characters.

But I have to acknowledge the superiority of the NT in so many ways. Not the least of which is what a strong character Splinter is in the NT. He is one bad a$$ mofo, and he never "sits one out" like he was always doing in the OT.

The NT gives him the respect a ninja master deserves. He's all taking on a million foot ninjas, talking trash at the tribunal, and just generally letting everyone know that he's Splinter and he is going to get his way.

I like that.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-02-2008, 05:23 AM
I saw one episode where Don was able to revease his mutation and he seemed happy about it, but he seemed to "well what ever" when it wore off. So as awsome as 80's Splinter is I gotta go with 4KIDs Splinter because he reacts more to crap that happen to him.

That's "Splinter No More", and it deals with how people threat each other.

Lake Road Cluse
11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
old toon splinter is the best in my opinion. Those sayings are very deep. lol
and peter reneday made the char even better. the new toon one is ok, but the old toon splinter is better.

syk_skillz
11-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I like both for different reasons but find the OT design better then the NT Splinter.

Kendamu
11-02-2008, 11:53 PM
NT Splinter is closer to movie Splinter, and I like movie Splinter the best... especially when Mako voiced him. That's just because I'm an Iroh fan, though...

Masked Ninja
11-03-2008, 12:55 AM
I like both for different reasons but find the OT design better then the NT Splinter.I agree, mostly. NT Splinter is OK, but whoever designed him had no idea (or disregarded) how rat legs work. The giant eyebrows aren't my favorite either. I wonder if the two designs could be combined into a SUPERDESIGN...

...preferably one that actually looks like a rat. OT Splinter definitely had that going for him. And as much as I loved 2007 Splinter, he had the Iroh-brand awesomeness but not the rattiness. Which was a pity.

thebrownranger
11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
NT Splinter FTW!!! I just liked how he seemed more realistic in terms of personality, involvement and story.

Scandia
11-04-2008, 03:57 AM
I like both of them very much. It is hard to pick which one. I do wish they had kept Splinter's origin consistent.

Ninjafromanotherseries
11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Both equally good but what find one that OT Splinter sometimes uses his rat abilities even though he is human turn into a rat and NT Splinter never uses his rat abilities even though he is a rat turn into a humanoid rat.

I know TMNT use their turtle abilities rarely but slow ninjas would be kinda weird.

Sage Ninja
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
does anyone remember the first episode of season three of the old toon when Spilnter lectures his students for not helping the city above that why i love old toon spinter a hurend times more than new toon spinter who would rather his sons not help a world that doesn't understand them so does anyone agree with me and which personialty/version of spinter did you like better?
old toon Splinter had a nice personality but he's not my favorite, He gave off that dignified japanese aura and he was an all around nice guy. However I also got the impression in the show that OT Splinter purposely tried to keep things distanced a bit from the turtles. Like he didn't want the turtles to get to attached to him or something. Which I could like very much about his personality.

2k3 Splinter's personality is my favorite. His personlity is so down to earth and...human! All the other Splinters sometimes come off as too other worldly and cryptic that you feel a bit alienated by them almost. Like if you where living with a holy man and he was constantly droning off about the mysterious of nature and karma . NT Splinter's personalty has that but it's tempered with a very dry sence of humour and laid back disposition that makes him less out of reach and intimidating. I also think 2k3 Splinter personality shows more fatherly tendacys, I like the tenderness and love for his sons that he shows. he has the most satisfying reactions when one of them is injured or in emotinal pain. He may like to make fun of his sons but it's very obvious that he loves them all deeply.