PDA

View Full Version : Were you happy the way the original cartoon ended?

CyberCubed
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I know some people may have forgotten the last seasons until they get put on DVD, but were you happy with the way the original show ended?

Aside from finally defeating Lord Dregg in the last episode, the Turtles stabilize their mutations so they don't change anymore, Carter goes to the future to cure his mutation, and the Technodrome is all but destroyed and abandoned in Dimension X.

Shredder and Krang get one last 3-parter in Season 10 and wind up being defeated for one last run. Likewise, Splinter says the Turtles are true Ninja's and April works as a freelance reporter after Channel 6 was destroyed.

I kind of liked it that the 10 season battle between the Turtles and Shredder/Krang ended so to speak, even if they mainly battled Dregg in the last two seasons. My only gripe is that Baxter Stockman never really got any closure, and his last ep was in Season 7.

Did you like the way the old toon ended? I never expected all those other mutants to get a final ep, so that never bothered me.

Scandia
11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
It was conclusive. It was good enough. It wrapped up things quite well. I am satisfied. I would have preferred it not have had Dregg- perhaps Karai instead? But it was a satisfactory ending overall.

Canadian Turtle
11-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I just wish I could get my hands on the F'n DVDs of it! When they come out... or 'If' I should say.

CyberCubed
11-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Hopefully by late 2009 or early 2010 all the original series will be out on DVD.

*crosses fingers*

Kendamu
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I liked the way the show ended. Sure, it wasn't "City at War" or the ending of the first season by any means, but it was good.

shuriken
11-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I liked it. It was a good ending to a good show, although I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more Casey as opposed to Carter, but what are you gonna do.

Jester
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I had forgotten about the TMNT show by that time....so I'll have to wait and see it on DVD....or the ole..."tube" ;)

Cipher
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I didn't see it until maybe last year via Youtube.

I'm glad they had a real finale as opposed to just being cancelled, but honestly that's all the episode had going for it. The last episode itself was very average, though, and the idea that they mastered Ninjutsu by doing some kind of "robo-grab" was ridiculous (even for this series).

The last season as a whole brought some decent conclusion, but that doesn't change the fact that it was rushed and tonally out of whack with its roots.

gobo
11-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Were you happy the way the original cartoon ended?
Hell no. It went out with a whimper, then TNM following immediately after added insult to injury by turning the Turtles into a 'little-more-than' slapstick puppet show. There were much stronger resolution eps earlier in the series.

Coola Yagami
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah... it at least added some sort of ending rather than an all-out cancelation, or just ending with 'Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady escaped to the Technodrome' again.

It should have ended with the Shredder/Krang 3-parter, on a more epic scale in which the Turtles would defeat Shredder, Krang AND Dregg once and for all. And maybe after al those seasons, they could have possibly showed a quick flashback montage of each of the 4 TMNT remembering their adventures, you know, during the final scene when Splinter considered them his equals and Leo noticed they really can face anything. That would have been sweet. Though too bad for Mikey, at the time any of his flashbacks would have been after the nunchucks were nixed.

But yeah.. the turtles taking down Dregg with Krang's robot body.... and them finding the Technodrome without any signs of Shreeder, Krang, Bebop or Rocksteady was just wrong.. and kinda creepy. I mean.. what the hell happened to them????

Jester
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Heck, Bebop and Rocksteady are gone after season 7, aren't they?

Sage Ninja
11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
they did make it past season seven.

gobo
11-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Yes. they were last seen in the Season 8 finale, "TURTLE TREK".

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I know some people may have forgotten the last seasons until they get put on DVD, but were you happy with the way the original show ended?

Aside from finally defeating Lord Dregg in the last episode, the Turtles stabilize their mutations so they don't change anymore, Carter goes to the future to cure his mutation, and the Technodrome is all but destroyed and abandoned in Dimension X.

Shredder and Krang get one last 3-parter in Season 10 and wind up being defeated for one last run. Likewise, Splinter says the Turtles are true Ninja's and April works as a freelance reporter after Channel 6 was destroyed.

I kind of liked it that the 10 season battle between the Turtles and Shredder/Krang ended so to speak, even if they mainly battled Dregg in the last two seasons. My only gripe is that Baxter Stockman never really got any closure, and his last ep was in Season 7.

Did you like the way the old toon ended? I never expected all those other mutants to get a final ep, so that never bothered me.

I hated those weird mutations during the Red Sky years.

Cipher
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
But yeah.. the turtles taking down Dregg with Krang's robot body.... and them finding the Technodrome without any signs of Shreeder, Krang, Bebop or Rocksteady was just wrong.. and kinda creepy. I mean.. what the hell happened to them????Neutrino death-beam low riders got 'em?

11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Also, we didn't see anything of Irma after season 8's (1994) "State of Shock!" episode.

CyberCubed
11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I really liked it that the last episode featured an all-but destroyed and abandoned Technodrome, complete with the Turtles looking for Krang's Android body.

To see that battlestation from Season 1 pretty much trashed in the final season and lost somewhere in Dimension X with other aliens living in it was very fitting.

Sure, I would have liked to see one more final battle with Shredder and Krang in the finale, but at least they got that 3-parter.

11-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I also loved the deserted Technodrome scene in "Divide & Conquer", and to compare it to the war machine it was in earlier seasons.

Drtooth
11-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I think the fact they made a call back to one of the first episode, the growing Krang body (which, why on earth was it never ever ever seen again?) being the thing that defeated Dregg... it almost made up for the whole Dregg stuff... Almost.

But it got an ending. Not too open ended (something that's almost unheard of in the US).

11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Krang's robot grew because he used a device in it. Somehow, it also made Krang larger, which I thought was lame.

prophecy718
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Krang's robot grew because he used a device in it. Somehow, it also made Krang larger, which I thought was lame.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that's so true

whatever lol

VaughnMichael
11-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm quite fine with how the show came to an end, this new show though I'm not so sure about.

MrPliggins
11-10-2008, 05:58 PM
The perfect ending episode to this show would have been "Return of the Technodrome". In fact, it seems to have been created as such. Also, the same can probably said for "The Big Blow Out".

Coola Yagami
11-10-2008, 06:47 PM
That trashed technodrome scene was a missed opportunity for a final fight with Shredder....

turtlefan1
11-11-2008, 01:51 AM
it would have been better if the last scene wasn't a lame joke about Don cooking and popcorn and if April had been there and it ended with a cowbunga handclap that would have make it perfect.

11-11-2008, 05:40 AM
And Splinter becoming human again, like in the first video game?