PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Villains

Cipher
11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
In the spirit of villainy and arbitrary numbered lists, let's hear your favorite Turtles villains. Specify versions if you want.

5. Armaggon - I know most fans who've read a page of TMNT Adventures are in love with Armaggon (or something like that). I'm not really sure why, because he's a pretty generic villain. I guess his appeal can be summed up in a few words: "Awesome looking shark mutant." Oh, and he threatens to feast on people's entrails...

4. Ch'rell - While not my favorite version of the Shredder (that one's coming up), he's a different take that I really like. He's a millenia old murdering psychopath, and the Turtles grow from an insignificant curiosity into the bane of his existance. He also has the whole identity crisis going for him, and he's developed enough to, say, raise a human daughter. Whether he's being a threatening ninja or being an homage to Krang's campy plans, he's pretty fun.

3. Bishop - By far the best contribution from the new cartoon. He's so generic looking, but it turns out he's essentially immortal and capable of super human abilities. He plays very well off of the "Mutant" angle of TMNT, and the wrinkles he adds to the fight against an alien Shredder are interesting. He's an all around scary character. Maybe it's just how much he seems to channel Wesker from the Resident Evil games.

2. Complete Carnage - If you've never read a Mirage comic, you won't have a clue who this guy is. He's probably the most under utilized villain ever. He's a force of nature, capable of merging in and out of concrete and other man-made materials. This power alone gives him the potential for some terrific villainy. He's also interesting in that he has his own rivalry with Radical and only fights the Turtles when they interfere with that.

1. Oroku Saki (Mirage) - I like Shredder. I like him whether he's a campy villain, an Utrom, Raphael, a woman, a computer virus, basically anytime he's not a demon. But my favorite is the original man/worm-man, Oroku Saki. Why? Because of how little we know about him. He is, without a doubt, the most undeveloped Shredder of them all. He runs a rogue ninja empire, he dies, he comes back as a worm man, and he dies again. That's it. It's more about the shadow his life and death cast over the Turtles' lives, as a major part of their growing up revolves around Splinter's feud with this enigmatic man.

Honorable metions: Rat King (any version), Viral, Krang

Coola Yagami
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
That's actually quite true... Really..? What DO we know about the Shredder other than, he killed Hamato Yoshi and Tang Shen.. formed a ninja clan, got challenged by the turtles and died... came back as a clone, got revenge, got challenged again and beheaded by Leonardo. Really not much in between.... But the effects he had on his revenge and the whole City at War thing all reflects on that first fight on the rooftop with him...

I'll list my top 5 later.. but you really brought up a good point.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-13-2008, 07:15 AM
1. Shredder
2. Krang
3. Armaggon
4. Verminator X
5. Rat King

Shred Head
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Honorable mention Slash: Theres been a few anti-Turtles over the years like Tokka and the Dark Turtles and the various mecha versions. But this guy stands out over them. I always loved the fact that he was just plain crazy and his awesome look. Although I was dissapointed in his OT show debute thanfully his toy and videogame version was the cool one. (Although he started as a villain he died a hero.

5. Ratking: I love him because after almost all his apperances your left wondering WTF you saw and thinking what is this guys deal. Even in the OT the guy is a plain mystery and you just dont know whats exactly going through his head. Really the guy is a pretty freaky in all versions and to me is a perfect villain for the Turtles. (Again a anther guy who isn't always a villain. I guess I just like those that blur the line I guess.

4. Ch'rell Utrom Shredder: I really liked the Shredder of the new toon and although I really didn't like the idea of an Utrom at first but it grew on me. Its like they took all the coolness from Shredder and Krang and combined it into one charcter. Also this version of the Shredder is possibley the one who has done the most despicable acts ever. Didn't his trial say he blew up planets and commited genocide thats pretty damn bad.

3. Bishop: I love Bishop the guy just oozes cool. His conflict with the turtles is also great since he's really the one thing they have truly feared all there lives. He's the guy that wants to cut them up and look at what makes them tick and has the full athority to do so. He is the system and a constant reminder that they dont belong on the surface world.

2. Baxter Stockman: He to me is the most tragic character out of the bunch. Well the mirage version isn't exactly the most tragic but his cartoon counterparts are. Yes the OT version was pretty tragic I mean it seems like someone was trying to do him in or manipulate him. I some times felt sorry for this version. The 2K3 version was simular but wasn't as symapathtic since the guy was just a terrible person but by the end of season 4 you just had to feel sorry for him. I mean just let him die already what type of person could live like that.

1. The Shredder Oroku Saki (Mirage): He's the catalyst pretty much what starts the Turtles on there way to becoming who they are. Its not the character that makes him cool its what he did and what he did to the turtles. Theres just so many stories you can build apon the old Shredder stories and that just shows just how awesome the original Shredder is.

Ninjinister
11-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe it's just how much he seems to channel Wesker from the Resident Evil games.

That's funny, when my brother couldn't remember who Wesker was, I just said "think of him as Resident Evil's version of Bishop."

VaughnMichael
11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Since this is in general and mostly old toon stuff gets posted in this section I'm going to go with Old toon characters.
1. Shredder (duh!)
2. Krang (double duh!)
3. Mung (May have been a side kick but I liked him much more than Dregg)
4. Rat King
5. Tempestra

I could go top 10 but this is only top 5 :P

Cipher
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Since this is in general and mostly old toon stuff gets posted in this section I'm going to go with Old toon characters.I thought "General" meant, you know, general, as in any and everything TMNT. Where else should this have gone?

Scandia
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I remember enjoying the Animus War from Archie, but it may have been due to the heroine.

I like Karai and Bishop.

OT Shredder can be hysterical at times. Not sure if I like Ch'rell as much.

VaughnMichael
11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I thought "General" meant, you know, general, as in any and everything TMNT. Where else should this have gone?
Oh lets see, new toon goes in the new toon section, comics would go in the comics section, toy characters would go in the toy section, movie characters go in the movie section.
See what I'm gettin at, order is a lovely little thing.8)
I remember enjoying the Animus War from Archie, but it may have been due to the heroine.
Woah! Say what now! Confession time hidden in a top 5 wowza meyowza:o

Cipher
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh lets see, new toon goes in the new toon section, comics would go in the comics section, toy characters would go in the toy section, movie characters go in the movie section.
See what I'm gettin at, order is a lovely little thing.So there's no section designated for a general TMNT medley? That seems absurd.

The topic was supposed to encompass all TMNT universes. Doesn't get more "general" than that. It's not like the board is exactly drowning in discussions to begin with.

Jester
11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd say "general" would include medley...but that's me.

My top 5:

5. Tokka and Rahzar: These two were truly a match for the Turtles, at least in muscle. They had to out think Tokka and Rahzar to finally defeat them.

4. The Old Toon Crew: You can't separate them, so I'll lump them together. Krang plays off Shredder, Shredder plays off Krang, the two of them play off of Bebop and Rocksteady, who play off of each other. They are great and totally insuperable.

3. Ch'rell: Why? Because he's a pretty hard core Shredder, despite the limitation of squishy Utrom body. Heck, I'd love to see an episode dedicated to the back story of the Warlord Krang...er....Ch'rell.

2. Bishop: He's not even wholly a villain, and at times that makes them more dangerous. A baddie who, in his own mind, is working for the greater good of mankind, can be the most ruthless of enemies.

1. Armaggon and Verminator X: Why do I like these guys, because they are time traveling villains, and I love time travel, they are also Archie and I love Archie.

Honorable Mentioned: Slash (Archie's version. He's a baddie, who eventually found friends and turned good...but it totally worked. Slash's sacrifice is one of my favorite bits in Archie continuity.) Baxter (who's is also a kind of anti-hero. Not all bad, just selfish and misguided.) Hun (Originally hired muscle he has become a force to be reckoned with in his own right.)

VaughnMichael
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
So there's no section designated for a general TMNT medley? That seems absurd.

The topic was supposed to encompass all TMNT universes. Doesn't get more "general" than that. It's not like the board is exactly drowning in discussions to begin with.
You could always specify that in the start of the thread, most of the things posted in this section usually have to do with the old toon though.

Krang
11-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Since this is in general and mostly old toon stuff gets posted in this section I'm going to go with Old toon characters.
I thought "General" meant, you know, general, as in any and everything TMNT. Where else should this have gone?
You're both right. This section is intended for discussing both the classic TMNT universes (the original movies and the original cartoon) and topics that cover multiple TMNT universes, as mentioned in the description. You can think of it as a place to discuss everything TMNT-related that doesn't fit in another section.

VaughnMichael
11-15-2008, 07:31 AM
You're both right. This section is intended for discussing both the classic TMNT universes (the original movies and the original cartoon) and topics that cover multiple TMNT universes, as mentioned in the description. You can think of it as a place to discuss everything TMNT-related that doesn't fit in another section.
But those certain characters do fit into other sections.:P

Coola Yagami
11-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Guy this topic is about the top 5 villians of ALL TMNT media.. so it fist here perfectly.

raphael88
11-16-2008, 01:06 AM
5. Baxter Stockman
4. Karai
3. Bishop
2. Hun
1. Charel

VaughnMichael
11-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Guy this topic is about the top 5 villians of ALL TMNT media.. so it fist here perfectly.
I then think they should have went a little longer than 5 villians.:P

TheUltimateShredhead
11-16-2008, 06:50 AM
hmm... hard one:ohwell:

1. The Shredder

2. Leatherhead

3. Rocksteady

4. Bebop

5. Krang

Guess it wasn't so hard after all:)

Zage
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Shredder
Dirtbag
Scumbug
Karai
Slash

Leonardo87
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
1. Shredder
2. Tatsu (I find him really good, like on TMNT 1 where he kills one of the foot memebers, just think of how brutal he could be to the Turtles without him being crushed by their shells :roll:)
3. Karai
4. Elite Guards
5. Tokka and Rahzar